Migration fron Solomon 4.0 to Great Plains 8.0

We have a client that wants to migrate the financial applications from
solomon 4.0 to Great Plains 8.0. Is there any migration tool to do this job
ar any other helpful recommendations on how to do this.
0
Cooper (17)

Changing the MSCRM 3.0 title
Is there anyway to change the title "Microsoft CRM 3.0" in the CRM system? My boss is interested in branding this application with our company name, rather than the Microsoft name. Thanks in advance! -Erik It looks like the text is stored in resource files, making it (almost) impossible to change. -- Michael http://www.stunnware.com/crm ---------------------------------------------------------- <ealmquist@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1149799652.442526.218110@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Is there anyway to change the title "Microsoft CRM 3.0"...

Why cant I use hyperlinks from Outlook 2007 I'm Using Explorer 8
"this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". I have tried resetting my settings. Try the other suggestions listed here; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/242 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Paulmcg" <Paulmcg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C92B39...

Excel #4
I wish to type a series of numbers in a column, such as invoice numbers example: 3-1900, 3-1901 etc. However, whenver I do this, I get the date Mar-00. Any advice? Format the cells as text before entering the invoice number. Janet wrote: > > I wish to type a series of numbers in a column, such as > invoice numbers example: 3-1900, 3-1901 etc. However, > whenver I do this, I get the date Mar-00. Any advice? You can try either formatting the cells as text before you enter your data, or preceed your data with an apostrophe (as in '3-1900). Ed "Janet" <e...

Cannot find mfcs42d.pdb for C++ 6.0 on Windows XP at runtime
I'm getting Find Symbols pop-up window while running C++ 6.0 saying "Please enter the path for mfcs42d.pdb". After I specify the file location at VC98\MFC\Lib (1,092 KB from 7/15/2000), I'm getting a note that the file is found but is not the correct one. I didn't have this problem working on Windows NT. Now I'm trying to run the recompiled version of the same code on Windows XP. Service pack 5 is installed. Please advise what to do. Thanks. ...

CRM 3.0 Desktop Client Install and SBS Monitoring Error
I am working on the client installs for CRM SB on SBS 2003. Despite helpful assistance from this NG I have reached the point of calling Microsoft on one of my notebook installs. Before calling them, I thought I should attempt to get as many client installs completed as possible then look to get all my unresolved issues answered simulataneously. To date, I have 2 notebook installs complete and working and the 1 notebook install that is awaiting my MS call. In SBS, all but the users have been setup using the Power User template except my own, which used the Administrator template. To red...

Problem saving embedded .gif or .jpg (.bmp only option)
(Sorry for crosspost - also posted in "microsoft.public.outlook.general") I've seen this question posted a half dozen times, and I've yet to see a solution. Problem: When an animated .gif (ditto for .jpg) is embedded in the body of a message (Outlook 2002 (Windows XP (home) with Office XP 2002) - I'm NOT using Outlook Express), the ONLY option I have for saving the embedded .gif (or .jpg) is in .bmp format - no other option is available. (See attached screen print for clarification.) I have deleted all Temp Internet Folders & files; I have cleared Internet History...

CRM 3.0 - Vista
We have recently upgraded to MS Vista. We now find that title bars of CRM windows display the full url, making navigation extremely cumbersome. any ideas? And any other CRM/Vista problems we should be aware of? HI, If I understand your problem correctly, it is because of IE7 tabs. you can change the tabs behavior by going to tools -> Internet options -> general . under tabs, click settings. and change the option of "when a pop up is encountered" to "always open pop ups in new window". this will enforce IE to open CRM in a new window, and then it should open with no ...

Formulas to run offline in 3.0?
Hi CRM Pros I have a prospective 3.0 customer. Basically they have a not too complex Excel sheet, that they would like to replace with CRM functionalty instead, in order to run it offline with automatic sync to the CRM server. I know that I can customize CRM 3.0 with extra fields on the oppertunity entity and with custom exchange rate and freight rate tables. But what are the possibilities in 3.0 of creating calculations to run automatically, e.g., tallying the sum of some of the custom fields, or for multiplying some of them together with the exhange rate from a separate table? These calcula...

blank instead of DIV/0!
I have a formula like this =A1/COUNT(F3:F124) When cells F3:F124 are emty, my formula returns #DIV/0! Can that be made a blank cell instead of #DIV/0! ? rgd Bill Gras Hi! Here's one way: =IF(COUNT(F3:F124)=0,"",A1/COUNT(F3:F124)) Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have a formula like this =A1/COUNT(F3:F124) >When cells F3:F124 are emty, my formula returns #DIV/0! >Can that be made a blank cell instead of #DIV/0! ? > >rgd Bill Gras >. > Try this one too. (Assume Cell with formula is A1) Go to 'Conditional Formatting' for this cell , In...

CRM 4.0 MSDN
I noticed that 4.0 has been posted on MSDN but has anyone found where to access the install codes? On Jan 15, 5:39=A0pm, dmn8 <d...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I noticed that 4.0 has been posted on MSDN but has anyone found where to > access the install codes? You can download CRM 4.0 here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?DisplayLang=3Den&nr=3D20&fre= etext=3DCRM&sortCriteria=3Ddate If you mean the license keys, then they haven't been released yet :( -- Robert MacLean http://www.sadev.co.za "dmn8" wrote: > I noticed that...

Outlook shuts down #4
Hi I have Outlook 2003 under XP with Hauri anti virus all updated. I have several spam msgs in the inbox and if I highlight them to delet or move the pgm shuts off immediately every time. Any clues? Thanks ...Lyl ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

shared calendars #4
Is there anyway to share a calendar and block out the Personal items? Thanks! Sounds like you're asking if you can share *part* of your Calendar, but not all of it. Unless there is a 3rd Party program, or a Script that would allow this, I don't think it is possible. Give http://www.experts-exchange.com/ a look over. The http://www.theofficeexperts.com/outlook.htm might be able to help too. If the personal items are a question of your integrity, then just get rid of them. GL RW <param@community.nospam> wrote in message news:OW6drXHIGHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >...

Ron de Bruin's Google Search AddIn Excel V6.0
Just downloaded and install above; having an issue,,,(here) When I go to Help, Google Search, I get pop-up Error retrieving data from Combobox1, OK (then) Error retrieving data from Combobox2, OK (then) Error retrieving data from Combobox3, OK Dialog box then comes up Blank (all fields empty) I downloaded User Manual - but do not see my particular problem; Any ideas?? Hi Jim The Access file (also in the zip file) must be in the same folder as the Add-in. -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jim May" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message news:YYT0d.1999$fA1.2...

Two Great Plains Versions in the same network
Hi we have two servers in our network one with Great Plains 7.5 for one site and the other one is upgraded recently to GP 8 for different site. after the migration we have the following message for some users "you are using an earlier verison of Dynamics.dic than the one that is currently installed on the network' and it is logging to GP although we didnt do any ugrades for the GP 7.5 server can some one guide me how we can solve this issue. regards Nader Nader, This will happen when you open GP 8 database from GP 7.5 application or vice versa. -- Hari "Nader Yous...

Excel Charts #4
I have switched on the tracking option from Tools menu. Tracking is perfect but I am not able to make charts in this condition as becuuse the chart option icon is deactivated. I need both the options simultanously. Pl. advice. Hi, When you switch the tracking on it makes the workbook shared. Shared workbooks have restrictions. One begin chartwizard. XL: Commands and Features Unavailable in Shared Workbook http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=130560 I'm not aware of any work arounds :( Cheers Andy R Kartik wrote: > I have switched on the tracking option from Tools men...

CRM 1.2 and Great Plains 8.0 Integration
Hi there, I am Nery and need tood know if there is some way to integrate CRM 1.2 and Great Plains 8.0 Thanks ...

Budget Question #4
In Money 2003 - if I budget an amount and do not use it up, does the excess go over to the next month. For example - if I budget $10 a month for eating out and only use $5 in January, will the budget then show that I have $15 in February to spend? Thanks. ...

12.2.0 Update #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Sorry to ask this -- I know you've answered many similar -- but I haven't found the solution so far... I have clean install of 10.6 I installed Office2008 demo (until my IT guy was available) The first Office demo (file name started with X15...) failed to update (the updates killed the app) The second demo I installed (a few days later - demo file started with X16..) worked and updated perfectly... Then my IT guy (Windows admin) gave me the original office2008 installer... I uninstalled the demo (and all pr...

Search invoice by number in MS CRM 3.0
Hello, I have a little Problem with the CRM Search. I want to search an Invoice as I use the "Look for" box on the Invoice Site. If I type a Invoice Number (for examle: INV-10001-ABCD1) in this Box there are no results because the CRM is searching only in the "Name" - Column. Is there any Solution to fix this Problem, so i can search by Invoice Number? The Problem is that if a customer phones us and say there are a mistake in the Invoice with the Number XYZ than we can=B4t find it just in time. I would be gratefull for any solutions. Best Regards Nillefiz In customiza...

Help #4
Hello all I moved mailboxes from Exchange2000 to 2003 yesterday, eversince when you check email in outlook it gots an error like: Cant find the object, but still gets your e-mails. In Exchange the error is ID no: c1050000 Exchange System Manager Source MSExchangeSA Category MAPI Session ID 9175 The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error... The pop3 service is broken down and I don't know what to do, it's been a long night. Help please Don't use POP3 when your on a MS network. Connect to the Exchange server with Exchange connector. Re-established the s...

Excel keeps crashing and cannot download update 12.0.1
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Excel keeps crashing and cannot download update 12.0.1 saying cannot find that software on that drive On May 1, 2:14 pm, mic...@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > > Excel keeps crashing and cannot download update 12.0.1 saying cannot find that software on that drive Hi, I just posted this to another message, but in general the same thing may apply so I am posting it here too. BTW you can try just removing all the preferences files first and see if you can update. <Fr...

outlook 2003 migration.
I need to migrate from my old computer running outlook 2003 to my new computer also running outlook 2003. My concern is that I have tons of emails, folders, junk mail rules, and processing rules; all of which I need to move to my now box. The old box was originally office xp pro, but I maxed out the mail box capacity and upgraded to the new outlook2003. Needless to say, I still needed to update my computer, So I opted to buy a new one. Please help, even if its just pointing me in the direction of a url that explains this step by step. Thanks. PS, please respond to this post w/ anothe...

Window SBS 2008 & WSS 3.0
i have windows SBS 2008 - exhange on it and sharepoing wss also on it i cannot configure incoming mail , cause all solution says about smtp for the sharepoint in another server . i find some articls for this can be happen ,but it's not explaining how to can anyone help me on this issue? Adram: SBS 2008 questions might best be posted to the SBS 2008 group. http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2008/11/02/signing-up-for-the-sbs-2008-newsgroups.aspx When you do so, please include any of the errors you receive when running the wizards from the SBS 2008 Server Management...

Shoud I move all shared folders to WSS 3.0?
The client is pushing me on WSS but I am not really familiar with it. That's why I am here with some basic questions. The server is SBS 2003 R2 Std. It has a few company wide shared folders which are about 80GB for each. 1. Should I move those folders into Doc Library? Or, is there a reason that I shouldn't? 2. There are some shared folders that are only accessible to managers. Should I create a separate Site Collection for this? 3. Should I install WSS 3.0 on a separate member server or do a side by side install? 4. If I install WSS 3.0 on a separate server, do you...

URGENT: WINDOWS 8 is ANNOUNCED for July 2011!
Think Windows7 just came out & too young? Welcome to the brave future: Windows8! 1) Windows 8 To Contain New Anti-Hacking Software. Our group is on a mission to build a rich, powerful platform to help protect Microsoft products against piracy. Here is your chance to join a team of exceptional developers as we build an extensible cross-company platform to support this vision. This is a fast-paced group that rewards smart and motivated individuals. Some may consider anti-piracy measures similar to whistling in the wind, but that's certainly not the case. George has posts in W...