migrating windows Server 2003 to windows 2008 with Microsoft Dynam

Hi,
Someone know, if exist any problem to migrate windows server 2003 to windows
server 2008 with microsoft Dynamics GP 10.00 without any Service Pack?
0
Jorge (30)

Microsoft Dynamics GP is only compatible with Windows Server 2008 on Service
Pack 2. With this said, you can upgrade to Windows Server 2008 without the
service pack, but will need to apply Service Pack 2 after the upgrade.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Jorge" wrote:

> Hi,
> Someone know, if exist any problem to migrate windows server 2003 to windows
> server 2008 with microsoft Dynamics GP 10.00 without any Service Pack?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
8/12/2008 11:16:48 PM
Thanks Mariano, for your answer.

I have other question.  The migration with service pack 2 for GP 10 is
transparent or can cause a problem with data?  Is necesary first isntall
Services Pack 1 and then Service pack 2 for GP or only install service pack 2?

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Microsoft Dynamics GP is only compatible with Windows Server 2008 on Service
> Pack 2. With this said, you can upgrade to Windows Server 2008 without the
> service pack, but will need to apply Service Pack 2 after the upgrade.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Jorge" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Someone know, if exist any problem to migrate windows server 2003 to windows
> > server 2008 with microsoft Dynamics GP 10.00 without any Service Pack?
0
JorgeLuis (1)
8/12/2008 11:34:13 PM
Jorge, if im not mistaken, GP service packs are cumulative so you
don't need to install SP1 in order to install SP 2

the thing is if you migrate the server it should be in theory
transparent, but before starting GP you have to install SP2

based on my experience, i will definitely first migrate to windows
2008, and then apply the service pack.
0
fhillyer (101)

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Where is the lasso feature in 2008? (was in formatting palette in 2004)

Monitor Server in 2003?

Outlook 2003
Just bought new PC. Everything is Microsoft. XP Home - Microsoft Works (came installed) - User like to use MSN for e-mail, Sent Microsoft $300.00 to activate Office that came installed on machine. Word will not allow MSN to be the e-mail client. System crashed and burned after activation of Office. Outlook 2003 seems a little unstable. Why would a new PC with Works, Office Express and Outlook 2003 be shipped? All these programs do the same thing and they don't seem to talk with each other well. On top of this all she wants to do is use Word and send the document through MSN nor...

Accessing Windows Office Templates
There are some very nice templates at the Windows Office Template Gallery. I would like to download (mostly Word, but a few Excel) some of these templates, but the format comes out with a ".cab" extension that Office v.X doesn't understand. Is there any way to get these templates? Unfortunately, they make the Mac template archive look very weak. TIA Len Hi Len, Microsoft has a Mac template download page: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/templates.aspx?pid=templates There's a link to the on-line gallery on that page. It looks like a newly re-designed gallery to m...

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Using later version of microsoft access

SBS 2003 moving of users files

CSliderCtrl Dynamic Orientation
Is it possible to change the orientation of a slider after creation? I cannot figure anything out besides making a new window with a new slider. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Greg I can change the slider control orientation using CWnd:ModifyStyle() but when I proceed to adjust the dimensions of the CSliderCtrl using SetWindowPos the slider vanishes even with a repaint. Any ideas? "GBayard" wrote: > Is it possible to change the orientation of a slider after creation? I > cannot figure anything out besides making a new window with a new slider. >...

Microsoft Outlook 03-11-10
I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and it will not load. But I've been using it for years. George George;131443 Wrote: > I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and > it > will not load. But I've been using it for years. > > GeorgeGeorge, welcome to the forum. When you post (here or in any forum), you will get faster and less frustrating replies if you do a few standard things: - try to define the problem in the thread title. Since this is an Outlook forum, simply stating "Mic...

Data migration - Adventure Works

Outlook Mail via a PROXY SERVER?
If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer using a PROXY server on the host (first) computer. I can access the net using the PROXY settings on the Internet explorer. However, how do I download mail with OUTLOOK 2000? The proxy server is CCPROXY from YoungZSoft (this runs on XP) and it has the MAIL Settings enabled but the difficulty is what to do on the Second computer? Thanks, -- John jrg_REM_SPAM@bigpond.net.au That would be determined by the proxy manufacturer - check with their support. JM7 wrote: > If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer ...

About Exit and close window.
Group, I have a dialogue base application. There's an Exit button in it. Eachtime when exit the program by clicking Exit button, fun() and OnOK() executed, but if the window is close by clicking (x) on the upper-right coner, fun() will not be executed. How to make this function--fun()--executed when click (x) button on the upper-right coner? Thanks. Rather than calling your fun() from the Exit event handler, call it from the dialog closing event handler, so that no matter how it is shut down, that method is called, and so is fun(). hope that helps. Dan. "sxy7711" <sxy771...

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Outlook 2003