Microsoft GP -change the default sort on vendor lookups

On any vendor lookup, the default sort is by vendor number.  No one knows the
vendor numbers, so you have to change the sort to vendor name.  So either
change the default or give the option to the users to set their personal
default sort.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8131e15b-c314-4b92-b5be-8b812a2c7e64&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
PMeyer (2)

I agree.
There's no 'I Agree' button in the web-based reader.

--
Christopher L. Mast, MBA
Echelbarger, Himebaugh, Tamm & Co., P.C.

"PMeyer" wrote:

> On any vendor lookup, the default sort is by vendor number.  No one knows the
> vendor numbers, so you have to change the sort to vendor name.  So either
> change the default or give the option to the users to set their personal
> default sort.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8131e15b-c314-4b92-b5be-8b812a2c7e64&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
ChrisMast (12)
4/11/2008 4:55:17 PM
I agree (there is no "I agree" button).  It would make a lot more sense to
have the default be names.

"PMeyer" wrote:

> On any vendor lookup, the default sort is by vendor number.  No one knows the
> vendor numbers, so you have to change the sort to vendor name.  So either
> change the default or give the option to the users to set their personal
> default sort.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8131e15b-c314-4b92-b5be-8b812a2c7e64&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
coughlin (2)
10/10/2008 5:02:11 PM
I agree.. How is this not possible?

"PMeyer" wrote:

> On any vendor lookup, the default sort is by vendor number.  No one knows the
> vendor numbers, so you have to change the sort to vendor name.  So either
> change the default or give the option to the users to set their personal
> default sort.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8131e15b-c314-4b92-b5be-8b812a2c7e64&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Bradley (58)
1/16/2009 12:49:02 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_67338920

Have a look at the VBA sample that shows how to change the default sort order:

http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/09/15/default-lookup-sort-order-example.aspx

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_67338920

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Have a look at the VBA sample that shows how to change the default sort order:
\par
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/09/15/default-lookup-sort-order-example.aspx
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_67338920--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)
1/16/2009 3:17:48 AM
Thanks David.  The code in the link you provided breaks the lookup
functionality in GP.  What I would like is to capture the lookup string and
default the Vendor Name to the lookup value.  Any way of doing that without
having to refresh the list multiple times?

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Have a look at the VBA sample that shows how to change the default sort order:
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/09/15/default-lookup-sort-order-example.aspx
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
Bradley (58)
1/20/2009 7:27:01 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_03F5372D

Hi Bradley

I would seriously look at SmartFill from Rockton Software (http://www.rocktonsoftware.com/products.aspx?p=5)

If you still want to go down the VBA route you can capture the value from the calling window and feed that into the Find field.

It is likely to force the lookup to refresh a few times.

The only other option is to use VBA to override the original lookup button and use passthrough Dexterity sanScript to call the
lookup window setting the sort order to the name and seeding it with the name.  The Lookup.doc file in the SDK shows how to call
lookups from Dexterity.

The Developing for Dynamics GP blog has information on the unsupported method of calling Dexterity from VBA.

Look at the materials on this post

http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/07/11/microsoft-dynamics-gp-technical-airlift-2008.aspx

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer
service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for
the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

------=_NextPart_0001_03F5372D

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Bradley
\par
\par I would seriously look at SmartFill from Rockton Software (http://www.rocktonsoftware.com/products.aspx?p=5)
\par
\par If you still want to go down the VBA route you can capture the value from the calling window and feed that into the Find field.
\par
\par It is likely to force the lookup to refresh a few times.
\par
\par The only other option is to use VBA to override the original lookup button and use passthrough Dexterity sanScript to call the lookup window setting the sort order to the name and seeding it with the name.  The Lookup.doc file in the SDK shows how to call lookups from Dexterity.
\par
\par The Developing for Dynamics GP blog has information on the unsupported method of calling Dexterity from VBA.
\par
\par Look at the materials on this post
\par
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/07/11/microsoft-dynamics-gp-technical-airlift-2008.aspx
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_03F5372D--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)

Visio 2007
The themes in Visio 2007 only allow for the setting of the theme font, NOT the font size or style (bold, italic, etc.). So the question is, when I start a Visio diagram how can I ensure that the starting font size is 12 and not 8 pt, bold and not regular. It appears that there is no way to do this, other than perhaps changing registry values. BTW: I use Visio on both XP and Vista. Peregrine Go to the menu bar > Format > Define Styles. The menu allows you to define a custom style which includes font face, size, etc. HTH Wapperdude "Peregrine Maitland" wrote: > T...

SQL Reporting Services and GP 10
Hello: Is it possible to associate SQL Reporting Services reports with SOP invoices in GP 10.0 rather than with Report Writer? I know that Accountable Software has Forms Printer, but I believe that that only works with Crystal. And, I know that there are SRS reports written to display data from GP but I do not think that these reports will work in terms of printing invoices or orders from SOP. Thanks! childofthe1980s No not really.. The problem is that when an SOP or POP document is printed, GP needs to be updated. Accountable does that with their Crystal interface but I dont kno...

microsoft money #10
I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was replaced by Microsoft. How did this happen? How to I get my original files? What "original page"? What makes you say it "was replaced by Microsoft"? Have you tried opening your original files? (Money File|Open or double-click on them from Windows Explorer.) "DR support" <DRsupport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB8D2DDB-8EA1-4665-A875-D19A468B19AA@microsoft.com... >I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was > replaced by Mi...

Question on Returns to Vendor without PO & Receipt number
Our company switched to Great Plains Dynamics from Simply Accounting 3 months ago. We currently need to return some of the inventory items to our vendors. However, when we try to enter a transaction entry in Purchasing/Returns Transaction Entry, in the detail lines we are asked for the PO number or the receipt number. We are not allowed to go further or save without the PO number or receipt number. When we converted from Simply Accounting, all we entered was the beginning balance of the vendors and only the PO's which we expect to receive. The older PO's were not carried over. W...

Microsoft Publisher 2003 #3
Will Microsoft Publisher 2003 install on multiple computers? If so how many can it install on? Thanks. If you have an OEM version, it can only be installed on one system. If you have a full version, you can install it on one desktop system and one laptop. They cannot be used at the same time. Also, you will have to call Microsoft to activate the second copy. That is the ONLY legal way to have it installed on more than one computer. Please be aware if you have an older version of Publisher and it is installed on more than one computer, you violated Microsoft's end user license agre...

Lookup Function in user form
I have a combo box (cboitem1) and a text box (txtprice1). I am using the code below to have txtprice1 fill with the corresponding price the worksheet: Private Sub Cboitem1_Change() If cboItem1 <> "" Then txtprice1.Value = Excel.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(cboItem1.Value, Sheets("Pizzas").Range("A1:B65536"), 2, False) End If End Sub It works perfectly when you enter an existing value in cboitem1. However if 'the user' accidently types a letter that is not the first letter of one of the existing items VB debugging pops up with error &qu...

If my GP Dynamics support CPA's new cheque standard
Hi; I am using GP Dynamics 8.0 in Canada, we have Payable Management module installed. How can I know if my current version support the CPA's new cheque standard? The CPA's new cheque standard will be launched in July 2007. -- Kane Kane, Support for the new cheque format has nothing to do with the Payables module. Rather, it is a function of modifications or changes to the report that produces your cheque. Lyle On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:06:01 -0700, Kane <Kane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi; > >I am using GP Dynamics 8.0 in Canada, we have Payable Managem...

Error message Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
I am unable to open Outlook - get the error message above EACH time I try to launch it. I am running Windows XP, have Norton installed, checked the firewall allows Outlook. I have uninstalled, reinstalled Outlook and downloaded and installed the service pack update. I followed some suggestions on this discussion site as suggested by Nikkin in the response to: "John Frustrated" <fortlaud@mail.com> Sent: 5/1/2004 8:36:21 AM. but nothing works. Can anyone help? What suggestions have you tried? I don't recall the message you are referring to. Rename outcmd.dat an...

only the first 5 columns of a 10 column excel spreadsheet sort
How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? Using Office 2003. Maybe if you remove the Data|list Select a cell in that blue box. Data|list|convert to range jrw562 wrote: > > How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the > first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? > Using Office 2003. -- Dave Peterson ...

XslTransform not excluding default namespace despite exclude-result-prefixes attribute?
I'm writing an xslt in vs.net 2003 and in order to get intellisense on the html content I added the default namespace declaration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5". However, even though I also have exclude-result-prefixes="#default" declared the default namespace is still outputted on the resulting document. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" xmlns:...

Could Microsoft create a MSPOS user manual?
My customers are asking for one. Guess we were spoiled by RMS Store Operations having one available after Microsoft updated the SMS Commerce manuals. Makes me expect one for MSPOS even though most software no longer has printed manuals. -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solutions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

retrive value from lookup screen
hi, i hv small problem i make refrence for smartlist (SL)in GP form to enable me open the SL lookup form ,and i add lookup button to open that smart list but i want the retive value from SL to be inserted in text box exist on GP form please help me ...

downloaded service pack 1 and now Microsoft Excel isn't working ri
When I got to the icon for the save option I get this message "The file ' .xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?" *save a copy *overwrite changes this dialoge box is getting annoying, If I choose save a copy I have copy's of my files all over the place, if I overwrite then it does just that. But why do I have to do this everytime I open a file? I have looked everywhere and can't find my answer. Please remember that I just downloaded the Windows update service pack 1 and I believe that this i...

Quickbooks to GP
I am looking for the Quickbooks to GP Migration tool. Does it exist? Is it just using IM? Please help. -- TC TC, According to Microsoft's latest marketing campaign to move QB users to the Dynamics platform, they will be providing the means (as in tools) to easily migrate from one platform to another. http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics/asmartmove/default.mspx Until that happens, I believe your best bets are Integration Manager and eConnect. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "TC" wrot...

GP 10.0 Fails to install .Net Framework 2.0 not installed
I'm trying to install GP 10.0 on server. We have .net framework 2.0 sp1 and 3.0 installed. We have windows sharepoint services installed on framework 3.0. When we try to install, it is returing error .Net framework 2.0 not installed and ending prematurely. I've tried the workaround provided in Partnersource (KB ID 947538) for .Net 2.0 sp1. However it is not working. Thanks Jack - unfortunately, unless you write out the command line scripts exactly as they say in the KB, it will continue to bomb. Microsoft is costing us hours and hours worth of unbillable time to work aroun...

Cannot Start Microsoft outlook. #2
Dear friends, This is the first time I join this community. My purpose join the community is to look for an answer. I got problem with my computer running windows XP with the XP office application. Just a view moment ago, I cannot start my microsoft outlook. Why this is happend? The pop up screen shot saying: 1. It say I must create profile. I don't want to create new profile due I already had it. then I click cancel button. 2. Then the next pop up screen say: 'No profile has been created' 3. Then the last pop up screen say: 'Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. The server...

Microsoft Query #4
I receive message SQL0104 when changing a column heading in Microsoft Query while using the Client Access ODBC driver to connet to an iSeries 400 server. I have been informed by IBM that this is a problem with Microsoft's Query in that it incorrectly quotes the new Column Heading name before sending it to the ODBC Driver . Is anyone aware of a update or solution? Thanks Nick Thanks everyone, I just located the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 298955, I followed the procedures below, and the SQL0104 error went away. 1. Quit all Office programs.. 2. Click Start, and ...

Cant see Default Public Folders on New 2003 Exchange
Hi We have recently installed a new W2003 Exchange 2003 server into our domain. The domain already had an Exchange 2000 server installed. The default public folders on the Exchange 2000 machine can be seen under ESM and by Outlook clients. We have created an additional new public folder store on the new 2003 server, however, the default Public folders on the new 2003 server cant be seen by mapi clients ie Outlook. Additionally any folder created under the Public Folder tree on the 2003 server under Folders does not appear under the First Storage Group > Public Folder Store > Public Fol...

Microsoft Business Portal Project Time and Expense Software Compon
I'm interested in the time and expense functionality (called "Business Portal Project Time and Expense") that is described under "Dynamics GP" domain. However, I do not readily see the relationship between "Dynamics GP" and "Microsoft Business Portal Project Time and Expense." What Microsoft products do I need in order to reach my goal of operating "Business Portal Project Time and Expense"? Many thanks. In terms of what you need to purchase, the answer depends upon what you have an what licensing method you are using: The Time and...

GP Error....
All, Has anyone seen this error before. I did some research and could not find anything: "The stored procedur PopulateRMOpenTempTable, Pass Through SQL Returned the following results: DBMS: 12 Microsoft Dynamics GP;." Jamal try to recreate the stored procedure and see if this resolves the error "Jamal" <jma@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:ubhstc%236HHA.600@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > All, > Has anyone seen this error before. I did some research and could not find > anything: > "The stored procedur PopulateRMOpenTempTable, Pass ...

How do I make a column be my default column in Access
I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right not it defaults to my items field. me.controlname.setfocus or in macro GoToControl "controlname" Bonnie http://www.dataplus-svc.com michelle wrote: >I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right >not it defaults to my items field. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 Or, if you don't want to use events, simply set your tab order from the form design view. -- Frank H R...

lookup value based on multiple criteria
Banging my head on this one... can anyone help?? I've got several thousand rows of data in three columns, structured similar to example below. Each set of ID numbers represents a separate contact entry (person) in an address book. FIELDNAME could include one or more of about 200 fields, and VALUE may be blank. ID FIELDNAME VALUE 1 FirstName Bob 1 LastName Smith 1 Company Tech Smith, Inc. 2 LastName Johnson 2 Company <blank> 2 FirstName Jim I've got a second sheet set up with all of the 200 possible FIEL...

sorting activities for each lead/contact by actual end dates
When I view the activities associated with each lead and contacts, the actual end date are not shown. Does anyone know how I can dispaly this field? The activities list in workplace does show the actual end dates but we'd like to see that when we access the list through indivial contact/lead record. Thanks, Victoria Hi Victoria, There is no good out of the box way to do this in MSCRM today. We're working hard to fix this for v2.0. Many of our customers have worked around this issue by registering for a post call out on the activity creation, and then having a custom object wh...

Sorting and Displaying data
I have some data, a list of names with locations and a single number. Something like: Steve 4 Boston Mary 3 Washinton Al 6 Boston Frank 2 Chicago Mort 8 Boston I want to have a seperate sheet that automatically lists the people from each city, sorted by the number. I would need this list to update 'on the fly' as new names are added with new numbers. So the output should be something like BOSTON WASHINGTON Mort Mary Al Steve etc. Thanks for any advice... ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup...

Microsoft query returns no data, Office 2000, Excel
I run a query in Microsoft excel, with Microsoft access as the data source This spread sheet is accessed throughout our company, and works fine on all PC's but one The query returns no data on this particular PC In addition it does not return any errors Could someone assist me regarding this quandary ...