Microsoft Dynamics 9.0 with Integration Manager

I have a problem. Please Help.

I have 2 source files - (Header + Detail text files)
Doing an RM Transaction Integration
If importing 10 transactions and 1 of them fail.
Now i have to delete the RM batch and start over.
This causes a problem for the auditors as missing transaction numbers are created. (RM does not roll back the next number used in Setup.)

Is there a way that one can stop the integration if data in the source files are not valid GP Data in SQL?

Like checking for CUSTOMER ID or GL ACCOUNT?

0
Neil

>This causes a problem for the auditors as missing transaction numbers are
created. (RM does not roll back the next number used in Setup.)<

This behavior is by design and has nothing to do with IM, but rather the
entire architecture of GP. Things like transaction numbers and audit trail
codes are assigned when documents are first created, unlike other systems
where the document numbers and audit trail codes are assigned upon posting.
These systems typically use a transient transaction ID until the document is
posted to avoid skipping numbers.

However, addressing this would require Microsoft to recode GP and the way it
behaves, so I won't see this happening anytime soon.

Nonetheless, your auditors should be more concerned about gaps in jounal
entries and not gaps in subsidiary documents, but you can take extra steps to
ensure gaps in document sequences are minimized by enforcing certain rules
around deleting documents. For example, SOP has the capability to disallow
document deletion, and Payables and Receivables both have the capability to
avoid document numbers being overriden. You will need to sit down with your
Microsoft partner and revisit your systems configuration options if you feel
that will alleviate some of this burden.

>Is there a way that one can stop the integration if data in the source files are not valid GP Data in SQL? [sic]<

The whole purpose of using Integration Manager is to ensure data gets
validated on its way into GP. It's a common misconception that data should be
validated prior to integrating it. This is far different from scrubbing data.
Scrubbing data involves making sure fields meet specific lenghts, are of the
same data type, and perhaps some transformation, but validating data? That's
the function of IM or eConnect. Things like missing customers, missing
accounts, etc., are the nature of data validation.

I have participated in numerous projects were the first approach to data
migration is to re-write the same validation routines found in IM and
eConnect. If you ever want to waste the client's money, this is for sure the
fastest way to do it.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Neil" wrote:

> I have a problem. Please Help.
>
> I have 2 source files - (Header + Detail text files)
> Doing an RM Transaction Integration
> If importing 10 transactions and 1 of them fail.
> Now i have to delete the RM batch and start over.
> This causes a problem for the auditors as missing transaction numbers are created. (RM does not roll back the next number used in Setup.)
>
> Is there a way that one can stop the integration if data in the source files are not valid GP Data in SQL?
>
> Like checking for CUSTOMER ID or GL ACCOUNT?

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation in 2007
http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/ ...

Event ID 5896 after upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0
As the subject, I upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0, and now everytime a mail passes through I get the following error in the Application Event: Source: CrmExchangeQueueServ Event ID: 5896 Description: An HTTP Status of '404 - Not Found' occurred while attempting to deliver a message. Please check the URL in the registry. Message subject: 'subject of mail' URL: 'http://servername/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' Checked the location above, and sure enough - there is no CrmEmail.srf file, so it throws a 404 error.. great, only - why is this file missing?!! I presume it didn&#...

Service Pack Installation Issues with GP 9.00.0247.0 on Windows Vi
Greetings, I have installed Great Plains v9.00.0114.0 on Windows Vista. I ran the installation package MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB923671-v9-ENU, but receive the following messages with result of a failed installation of the Service Pack. Log Name: Application Source: MsiInstaller Date: 10/8/2007 11:50:13 AM Event ID: 11729 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User: ABR\administrator Computer: AD088.abr Description: Product: Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 -- Configuration failed. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas...

Dynamically assign handlers (AddHandler/AddressOf)
Is it possible to dynamically direct a particular control's event to use a predefined method. For example. I have a form which I dynamically add controls to, let's say, TextBox1, TextBox2 and extBox3 and a module which as 3 routines, Method1, Method2, Method3 When I dynamically add my controls, eg TextBox4, I want to choose which of the 3 methods I want mapped to which event. I was thinking of something like this... .. .. .. Dim objTextBox1 as new TextBox dim NameOfRoutine$="Module.Method2" Form.Controls.Add(objTextBox1) Call AssignMethodToEvent(o...

Not able to open imported accounts 4.0
We have a situation where we've updated a client from 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and have an import that brings in new Accounts. Unfortunately, we can open accounts that don't have a parent account but can't open the parent account itself. In essence, we have two accounts with another one the parent - we can open ones that show the parent, but again, we get an error - see yor administrator. Is there a rights issue or relational setup we're missing. ...

Migrating Grant Management from EBS Porect Tracking to AA
We are going to migrate Grant Management from Project Tracking to AA for an upgrade from GP 7.5 to 9.0. We are planning to follow the Microsoft conversion roadmap document. Has anyone else done this? Was the MS method successful or did you take a different approach? Thanks!!! ...

I can't see the folder(Folder Container) in exchange server manage
I have four administrative groups (four sites), these sites are in different places, all of them are over Echange server Standard 2000. These server were migrated of exchange server 5.5. My problem is that i can't see the folder container in the console manager, in that way i can't access to the others options (view system folder) I install another Exchange server in order to prove this problem, but in this case the folder container were displayed. I hope your help. Thanks. ...

IE8 can't access Microsoft Office site when all other browsers can
When trying to access the Microsoft Office page using IE8 I keep getting the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. If I use any other browser (Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome) I have no problem accessing the page. This happens whether running in normal or No Add-on's mode. Despite how many people keep complaining about all the problems with IE8, neither the MVP's or Microsoft acknowledge that they exist. Asus P5E Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0GHz 4 GB PC2-6400 DDR2 Windows 7 Ultimate (with all the latest updates installed) NIS 2010 (all up to date)...

Display nothing in a cell if value = 0
I have a range of cells formatted to display numbers in currency format. They have a formula applied to them so if the value of the Cell is nothing I get �0.00 showing. I would rather that nothing was shown in these instances. How is this achieved? Thanks Dom Couple of ways, use conditional formatting and display with a white font if the value is zero change the display option to suppress zeroes, Tools>Options>General and uncheck the Zero Values option. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mail...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed 01-27-06
I am receiving this message when I try to upgrade my CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0, does any one have any idea what this means? ...

Integration Manager
Using Integration manager i am able to insert fixed allocation accounts for general ledger. However, if i have to make changes to these accounts, say if i want to change percentages and then update the old percentages with the new ones, the updates fail when i use Integration Manager. Error Message displayed - xxxx-xx-xxxx distribution account already exist. Can anybody tell me why is the updates fail and how to overcome it? And please note that integration is set in "INSERT & UPDATE" mode. Doc, Integration Manager does not update transactions. That drop down option should ...

Payables Management #2
It will be nice to have the capability to change the default numbers that are being appended to the voucher numbers of recurring batches. Right now, if your voucher number is A000123, the recurring voucher numbers will be A000123000000000000001 (with 22 characters). Sometimes these numbers will not fit in the check stub. This number is something that is appended by the system from the PM00400 and seems to be hard coded. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "...

Problems with MSDN Browser (VC++ 6.0)
Hello, using VC++ 6.0 and the MSDN Browser that ships with it I have the problem that the browser does not resolve all links properly. For example I cannot open any example from the MSDN CD. Since the browser is actually HH.EXE I guess that this behaviour has something to do with the IE security settings. Lowering the IE security settings is not an option, however I really would like to use the help in the way it was designed. Is there any known solution for this problem? BTW. there is a difference in behaviour if I call the help from the Windows Start Menu or from within Visual Studio. Any ...

New to Microsoft Office
I've just gotten Microsoft office (OSX 10.306) and am needing to convert all my old Clarisworks files over to it. I also have Appleworks 6. I have been successful in converting everything except a drawing format and pictures. Any ideas on what to do? Grateful for any help. Burt "Rev. Burt Kettinger" <BKettinger@aol.com> wrote in message news:BDD99B96.365%BKettinger@aol.com... > I've just gotten Microsoft office (OSX 10.306) and am needing to convert all > my old Clarisworks files over to it. I also have Appleworks 6. I have been > successful in convert...

Publishing Microsoft Excel Charts to the Web
I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site for viewing in a web browser. When I do so, the charts are too large to fit on one screen without scrolling. Is there a way to make the charts fit the size of the user's browser window when you publish them? Jim - Embed the charts in a worksheet (right click, Location, As Object In: Sheet Name), and size them to fit before exporting. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Jim wrote: > I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site f...

Microsoft Office OneNote should provide Smart art.
Microsoft Office OneNote should provide Smart Art. It would make note taking much easier. I do not want to go back to Excel for Smart Art. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=26a...

Issue with Deployment Manager
Dear Friends, After install CRM 1.2, when we try to access Users Administrators in the Deployment Manager, we receive a message, that we can't connect to METABASE Database, errocode 80004005 Has somebody find the same problem? Thank you. Manel Moreno Is crm from the web client working? "Manel Moreno" <mmoreno@watermark-europe.com> wrote in message news:u5OzbYo5DHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear Friends, > > After install CRM 1.2, when we try to access Users Administrators in the > Deployment Manager, we receive a message, that we can't connect t...

How do you switch e-mail identities in microsoft outlook?
I have microsoft outlook, not outlook express. My ISP helped me set up an e-mail account for myself and one for my wife, but they were unable to tell me how to switch from one identity to another. They knew how to do it on outlook express, but not microsoft outlook. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance! Care to provide your version so we can provide an answer? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gary & Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13caf01c4443a$d03913d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have microsoft outlook, not outlook express. My ISP...

Sending e-mail to external recipient
Hi, We recently upgraded to CRM 3.0. Since the upgrade Users receive an error when attempting to send e-mails to External recipients. We are able to send e-mails to internal e-mail addresses through CRM, but not to external e-mail addresses. The general error is Failed to Initialize token. I tried a few things, but haven't identified the exact issue. Any help is appreciated! Thank you, Donna You need to ensure that the SMTP service on exchange is configured to access relay requests from the crm web server ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP h...

Question about Microsoft Internet Control
In our VB6 application we use the Microsoft Internet control. One of the URL that we go to is a directory. This directory has files that are .jpg, .tif, pdf, etc. The browser control shows the files, but the default View is always 'Icons". If I right click and select "View" - "Thumbnails", they will be shown as the pictures instead of only the icons. Is there a way to tell the browser control to view the file as "Thumbnails" instead of "Icons" ? Thank you ...

What does #REF! mean in the Name Manager
I have a 2007 workbook with 6-7 sheets. I made some changes to cell names and apparently made some mistakes. When I open the Name Manager, the last entry looks like this: Name Value Refers to Scope Comments x #REF! =#REF!$C$25 Workbook I cannot find that name anywhere. I have looked in C25 on every sheet. What does this mean? >Name Value Refers to Scope Comments > x #REF! =#REF!$C$25 Workbook #REF! means it's an invalid reference. Did you delete a sheet? If so, that's probably why you're getting those. -- Biff Micro...

adding a leading 0 to only the numbers with 4 digits
I'm converting a bunch of data and during the import Excel dropped the leading zero from all the lip codes. Since this is about 15,000 records, I'd like a way to add a leading zero to only the zip codes with 4 characters. Any ideas? thanks Swamp, Format/Cells/Special/Zip Code Beege "SwampYankee" <johndillworth@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147451549.294898.147230@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > I'm converting a bunch of data and during the import Excel dropped the > leading zero from all the lip codes. Since this is about 15,000 > records, I&...

Got to 0 - I do not understand
Hello, Someone can help me on this error to 0 So I have a little sub that copy several times the same sheet (Sheet 2 --> Template) according to the number of name in the rngRange (range) in sheet1 For example, if I have three names in range rngRange (Report1, Report2, and Report3) then it will copy three times the sheet2 and I will rename it accordingly report1, report2 and report3 I am getting Err 0 problem, I could resolve on putting On Error GoTo 0 in the end of the sub. Someone can help me on understanding this issue :) ? Ina '-------------------------------------------------...

Changing Average Cost GP 9.0 Error
When we try to change the average cost information for an item per the documentation, (tools >> utilities >> inventory >> change average cost), we get this message. "Use the Inventory Adjust Costs window to change the cost of one or more reciepts. The average cost of an item is recalculated when teh changes are proceses" We would like to change it without using the Inventory Adjust Costs window because there are no recent purchases and receipts of the particular item in question Would anyone have any suggestions? The average cost is the aver...

OL2000
When opening an attachment in OL2000, the program creates a file in a temporary directory on my hard drive under C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK6A2\. This directory is filling up and I would like to clear it. Unfortunately in XP SP2, this directly is not visible in when exploring files in my computer. I believe that I have all "show hidden files and folders" settings checked. Also, the file explorer shows (sometimes) that there is a sub directory under "temporary internet files," but it does not show up when I look further....