Mass update pay rate

Is there a way to do a mass update of employees' pay rates if you don't have
Payroll (just HR)?  HR holds the pay rates that get sent to the outside
payroll company.  The client wants to increase the pay rates by a percentage.
 Could we use integration manager?
0
tree309 (56)

Yes, I believe you can use IM to import pay rates since you're only updating
card information. You have the compensation management utility in HR. Have
you tried it?
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"tree309" wrote:

> Is there a way to do a mass update of employees' pay rates if you don't have
> Payroll (just HR)?  HR holds the pay rates that get sent to the outside
> payroll company.  The client wants to increase the pay rates by a percentage.
>  Could we use integration manager?
0
callen (2505)
8/4/2009 9:40:01 PM
I thought of IM, but the client doesn't have that either.  Thank you.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Yes, I believe you can use IM to import pay rates since you're only updating
> card information. You have the compensation management utility in HR. Have
> you tried it?
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "tree309" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to do a mass update of employees' pay rates if you don't have
> > Payroll (just HR)?  HR holds the pay rates that get sent to the outside
> > payroll company.  The client wants to increase the pay rates by a percentage.
> >  Could we use integration manager?
0
tree309 (56)
8/11/2009 4:26:08 PM
What about the compensation?
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"tree309" wrote:

> I thought of IM, but the client doesn't have that either.  Thank you.
>
> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > Yes, I believe you can use IM to import pay rates since you're only updating
> > card information. You have the compensation management utility in HR. Have
> > you tried it?
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "tree309" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a way to do a mass update of employees' pay rates if you don't have
> > > Payroll (just HR)?  HR holds the pay rates that get sent to the outside
> > > payroll company.  The client wants to increase the pay rates by a percentage.
> > >  Could we use integration manager?
0
callen (2505)
8/11/2009 4:59:06 PM
Compensation Utility, that is.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> What about the compensation?
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "tree309" wrote:
>
> > I thought of IM, but the client doesn't have that either.  Thank you.
> >
> > "Charles Allen" wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, I believe you can use IM to import pay rates since you're only updating
> > > card information. You have the compensation management utility in HR. Have
> > > you tried it?
> > > --
> > > Charles Allen, MVP

0
callen (2505)
8/11/2009 6:19:01 PM
I'll take a look at that.  Thank you.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Compensation Utility, that is.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > What about the compensation?
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "tree309" wrote:
> >
> > > I thought of IM, but the client doesn't have that either.  Thank you.

0
tree309 (56)

Smartlist
I am wondering how to get the favorites to update when the smartlist is updated? I have added several columns to a smartlist. However, the favorites that users have created do not show these new columns, not is it an option to add them when you click Columns. Do all favorites have to be recreated in order to make use of the smartlist updates? Thanks. When a user creates favorites, they can select, among other things, the columns to show. Now if someone comes along and changes the columns in the default SmartList...why should it change someone's favorites when they had it the way ...

Older 2002 Data Lost When Updating to 2005
When I updated from MSN Money 2002 to MSN Money 2005 the previous several years of 2002 data was not brought in to the 2005 data base. What did I do wrong? I can look at each data base using a separate instance of MSN Money 2005 but I would like them to be linked in a continuous fashion, if possible. Thank you for your help. In microsoft.public.money, Henry wrote: >When I updated from MSN Money 2002 to MSN Money 2005 the previous several >years of 2002 data was not brought in to the 2005 data base. >What did I do wrong? I expect you mean Microsoft Money. >I can look at each...

Exchange Calendar Update Tool Permissions....
This is hopefully my last question regarding DST... Would the Exmerge account I created to import mailboxes from PST files have the necessary permissions to run the Exchange Calendar Update tool without having to run the permissions script? May not have Send As, iirc. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Mark Greene" <notvalid@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ehpeu2p3dc0r1bnm0egpslqdvdpk6cb0tp@4ax.com... > > This is hopefully my last question regarding DST... &g...

Update Contacts with Bulk Import
How can I update my contacts using Bulk Import? I have the ContactID GUID but don't see anywhere to map it in the bulk import wizard. ------=_NextPart_0001_55F0E30D Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi and thanks for the post. Here is an article that should help you out: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------- INTRODUCTION This article describes how to import records that contain data that is stored in a lookup field in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. To import these records, you must use the bulk import featu...

Install this update for Microsoft Windows
--ngdsyuwudmbsuymbp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="eqalywunsloielo"; type="multipart/alternative" --eqalywunsloielo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lyntnzrvbkhjw" --lyntnzrvbkhjw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Ins...

OLAP w/ Pivot update more than one page failure
I have an three OLAP cubes with Pivot table front-end. Each cube/pivot is on separate spreadsheet accessing 2 different databases. What I want to do is 1. Is is possible to have an auto_open that prompts the user to select a name out of the list from the pivot table? 2. How do you link all of the pivot "Name" fields together so that one change to the table, changes them all. I found a solution from contextures.com, but I am getting an error: Runtime error 1004 Unable to get the PivotFields property of the PivotTable Class. I have tried everything and I can't get it to wo...

Timed automatic update of chart
Hi, I am having great difficulty in doing the following and would be grateful for any assistance. Cell A1 is updated every few seconds using a DDE link. I would like to create a chart within the same workbook that plots whatever is in A1 Sheet 1 every 5 or ten minutes throughout the day. Any advice? Thanks Andy ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

DST Exchange Calendar Update Config Tool, account permissions
New Ex admin, I'm running exchange 2003SP2 and when I run the MsExTmz.exe, i get this error message. How do i grant a service account full access so I can run the tool HrReadConfiguration:Logfile opened as:msextmz.log HrReadConfiguration:Reading Configuration. HrReadConfiguration:Command Line:tzmove.exe /q HrReadConfiguration:ServerDN:/o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=server12 HrReadConfiguration:OutputputFile opened as:Output.txt HrReadConfiguration:Input File is not set. HrReadConfiguration:Error opened as:Errors.txt HrReadConfigurat...

MNY2006: Promotional Interest Rates
My credit card company offers promotional rates. Often these rates apply only to PART of the balance, and payments are applied to the balance with the lowest rate FIRST. As complicated as this si, it seems that a matureapp like Money should be able to handle this... if not it makes it impossible to accurately track balances and plan debt reduction. Anyone? > My credit card company offers promotional rates. Often these rates apply > only to PART of the balance, and payments are applied to the balance with the > lowest rate FIRST. I'm wondering if Money can't handle ...

View Updated Chart
Hi, I have a pivot table that drives a performance chart. I have the pivot table worksheet protected by a password. I have a macro that displays the performance chart to a user. However the chart will not correctly update as the pivot table is password protected. is there a way around this? I have tried writing a macro that unprotects the pivot table and refreshes the data, however when run the macro asks the user for the password. Mickey Unprotects the pivottable worksheet??? If yes, then you could have your code supply that password: worksheets("sheet1").unprotect p...

Auto FE Updater problem
I have a problem with Auto FE Updater. Actually Auto FE Updater work just fine, but the server share I am copying FE from is read only, so is the copied FE accde file. When FE starts it says that it is read only and changes wont be saved. How can I remove Read-Only attribute automatically before running application ? exebat <srdjan.vasiljevic@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a problem with Auto FE Updater. > >Actually Auto FE Updater work just fine, but the server share I am >copying FE from is read only, so is the copied FE accde file. > >When FE starts i...

GAL is not updating
Hi there, I have an Exch2003 running in a W2K AD. One site, one server, simply setting. I created an AD account (including mailbox) about 6 hours ago and it has not shown on the Global Address List when I use my Outlook to browse the GAL. I can see the mailbox in the Exchange Mail Store and user have no problem receive and send emails. I then went to Exchange System Manager and did a preview on the Default Global Address List, which shows the new user. Yet still no luck from the Outlook. I have also update both Receipient Update Services we are running. No help. Can someone please tell...

5 Updates fail with Error Code: 0x80070005
I am running Windows XP Home Service Pack 3 and was keeping up to date with updates until about a month ago when Windows Update offered about 10 different Security Updates on one day. Now, after running Windows Update I keep getting the message that the following 5 updates have failed to install, even though other updates do install in the same run. Security Update for Windows XP (KB975713) Security Update for Windows XP (KB978037) Security Update for Windows XP (KB975560) Security Update for Windows XP (KB977914) Security Update for Windows XP (KB978706) All these updates...

on hand quantity is not updating correctly?
we are fairly new to RMS in our office, we have been working with it only for about two months and have only gone live with it in the last two weeks. we keep track of phones in inventory list as serialized items. in the configuation window, under the options tab, we have serial number options set to automatically synchronize the serial number count with the onhand quantity. i was looking at the item properties on a particular phone, and noticed that under the serial number tab, there were 5 total phones, 4 were available and 1 was marked as sold. this is what it should be. however, ...

Recent Money Update? SMRTINET.INI
Was there a recent M04 update? I noticed from 'Read call summary messages' under 'Money Update' that "Money encountered an error processing the downloaded file 'SMRTINET.INI'" Did anyone see this problem or even notice that there was a recent update? TIA I get this exact same error message in Money 2001. Usually it only happens the first time I connect to online services. No idea what it means or if it's a new update attempting to be loaded. >-----Original Message----- >Was there a recent M04 update? I noticed from 'Read call sum...

Update Customer email address using SQL statement
Recently we changed from Yahoo Groups to managing our own email list. Our list went from 1400 addresses to around 3600. Of those, about 400 turned out to be hard bounces. I would rather not have to update 400 records, one at a time. Can anyone help me write a SQL statement that would update these records from a file, list, or table containing the bad addresses. What I need to do is blank the email address and put a statement in the Company field (e.g. Need to Update Email). If there is another (better) way to do this, I am totally open to suggestions. Thanks in advance! Bud Izen Keiz...

SOS! Help! Loading another workbook in the current workbook
SOS! Help! Loading another workbook in the current workbook - cells not updating! Hi all, Please help me. I have spent quite a few days on this but couldn't get it work. On Excel file A.xls, I have 5 file names(Excel files) in A1 to A5 on "sheet1"... and in that A.xls file I have the following VBA code. The goal is to load the 5 Excel files one by one, and freeze all the sheets therein. i.e. copy and pastespecial as values with formatting and color etc. That's to say, the goal is to take static snapshots of the dynamically changing cells and sheets. Each sheet have cell...

Money 2005
I upgraded my money 2004 file to money 2005. I then turned off MSN Bill Pay and set up my accounts to be accessed on the web. After synchronization, my MSN Bill Pay account (MSN-Checking) showed up in my account list. I want to link this account to my checking account, but when I select "Merge Duplicate Accounts", it states there are no accounts to merge. The help file tells you to follow these exact steps. Does anybody know a work-around to get this working? Thanks in advance, Brian Don't follow the directions given. Instead, try the following: Open your 2004 f...

After Update Event Procedure will not work
Can someone please help me. I have a form that I would like to have the Sire ID automatically filled in when I select the Sire's name from a combo Box. This is the code that I have. It seemed to work with Access 2000, but I now have Access 2007. Please tell me what I have left out. I don't get anything in the Sire ID field after I leave the Sire field. The combo box has 4 columns, Horses name, Registration number, Other registration number and Horse ID. Private Sub Sire_AfterUpdate() SireID = [Sire].Column(3) End Sub Thanks for any help that you can give me. ...

Updating List of Accounts
Hi, I have a list of accounts that update daily. I need to pull a random sample of 25 accounts on a Monday, then pull that same sample on a Friday, from Fridays list (to see if there are any updates on those accounts). So for example, if on Monday (out of about 10k accounts): ACCT BALANCE 111 $555 222 $777 333 $999 Then on Friday, I want to filter out Friday's list to see those same accounts to see if the balances changed. Can you tell me if there is a custome filter function, formaula, macro that will allow me to update it automatically? Thank you! Kate ...

Help! Update trouble since May 20th
I have been having trouble updating Money since May 20th. When I try to update Money says "Microsoft Money could not update your account. Please try to update your account again. If the problem continues, contact Customer Support." I just found out today that on May 19th or 20th a lot of thigns were done to the MSN/Money website and I think they are related. First, tried all the regular troubleshooting items that my bank asked me to do (remove cookies, clear temp. internet items, reboot, etc). That didn't help. Then I installed Money on another computer and setup a new fi...

update OldCost to NewCost but store OldCost as OriginalCost
This is complicated for me. Please help me if you can. I want to update a table with NewCost only on drugs that the cost has changed. On the others I want to leave as OldCost. However, I want to keep the OldCost so that I can run a query to show the savings in that month on whatever cost was changed. Is there a way to store OldCost once the NewCost is entered? Then overwrite OldCost when another NewCost is added. For instance. Drug 8343 original cost 49.50 Drug 8343 new cost in Jan 37.00 Drug 8343 new cost in April 32.00 I was thinking of creating a dynamic table to update these but then ...

M06: Automatic Update Bug Fixed?
M05 does not update accounts when you started regardless of whether you check the box to "Automatically update accounts when I start Money." Instead, it would usually update every day but at seemingly random times. Because of this bug, I am now simply clicking "update now" every day. So much for automatic updates. Does M06 update/fix this issue? I would prefer that M06 update once per day the first time I run Money each day. Please let me know. John The "automatic" update only happens if you have Passport enabled -- the screen could be clearer -- and ...

pivot table chart format after update
Hi all, I have the code that connects to external data and created tabl summary in excel. On the next sheet I created pivot table chart whic also nicely shows important data. Unfortunately after table update the format is lost and replaced wit some kind of default format. Is there any way how to keep format of pivot table chart? Many thanks V ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Intentionally or otherwise, PivotTables and PivotCharts don't retain all t...

Online update adjusts beginning balance
I'm trying to update my credit card account, but each time I do, the beginning balance is increased by several thousands of dollars (a balance I've never come close to before). This was also happening to a lesser extent with my checking account, but it appears that since I reconciled that account, I'm not having that same problem. But even after I reconcile the CC account, it still updates the beginning balance, and I get the following message: "Money downloaded information from your financial institution, but was unable to balance your account. This may be because ...