mass deleting inventory items

Is there a way to mass delete inventory items in Great Plains? The only way I
have figured out how to do it is one by one.
0
Nathan (89)

There is one way - File > Maintenance > clear data
but that is a dangerous operation,and clears all data, not selectively.

You could use a macro with mail merge...

"Nathan" <Nathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to mass delete inventory items in Great Plains? The only
> way I
> have figured out how to do it is one by one.

0
HSalim (1270)
6/7/2005 12:07:36 AM
I would favor a SQL script or use of a tool like MS Access.

"HSalim[MVP]" <HSalim@msn.com> wrote in message
> There is one way - File > Maintenance > clear data
> but that is a dangerous operation,and clears all data, not selectively.
>
> You could use a macro with mail merge...
>

> "Nathan" <Nathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a way to mass delete inventory items in Great Plains? The only
>> way I
>> have figured out how to do it is one by one.

0
callen1071 (408)
6/7/2005 4:42:40 AM
Maybe this would work.

Change the Item Type to Discontinued then run Remove Discontinued Items . If
these items are on the same item class then change it on the class level then
roll it down the items.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> I would favor a SQL script or use of a tool like MS Access.
>
> "HSalim[MVP]" <HSalim@msn.com> wrote in message
> > There is one way - File > Maintenance > clear data
> > but that is a dangerous operation,and clears all data, not selectively.
> >
> > You could use a macro with mail merge...
> >

> > "Nathan" <Nathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Is there a way to mass delete inventory items in Great Plains? The only
> >> way I
> >> have figured out how to do it is one by one.

0
Dukester (155)
6/7/2005 1:18:02 PM
Can you delete items that have any history?  If not, can I remove the
history, then delete the items?

"Dukester" wrote:

> Maybe this would work.
>
> Change the Item Type to Discontinued then run Remove Discontinued Items . If
> these items are on the same item class then change it on the class level then
> roll it down the items.
>
> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > I would favor a SQL script or use of a tool like MS Access.
> >
> > "HSalim[MVP]" <HSalim@msn.com> wrote in message
> > > There is one way - File > Maintenance > clear data
> > > but that is a dangerous operation,and clears all data, not selectively.
> > >
> > > You could use a macro with mail merge...
> > >

> > > "Nathan" <Nathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Kane (153)

Deleted batch
Hi guys: Is there any way I can determine who deleted a batch in GP? I have the batch number and I was looking in SY00500 but it appears that a deleted batch is removed from that table. TIA. Norman -- Norman This was posted in error please ignore. -- Norman "Norman Daley" wrote: > Hi guys: > > Is there any way I can determine who deleted a batch in GP? > > I have the batch number and I was looking in SY00500 but it appears that a > deleted batch is removed from that table. > > TIA. > > Norman > > ...

Update Promised Date on Item Quantities Maintenance
I don't know why, but when the Promised Date is changed on a Purchase Order, the Promised Date displayed on the Item Quantities Maintenance screen does not get updated. This date is important for our salespeople to see to let customers know when we are expecting certain items in, and it should always be up to date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sug...

delete attachment from multiple messages?
hello..... I'm using outlook-2002, my question is, how to delete attachments from multiple messages to reduce the size of my mails without loosing text. idividually i can open mail and can remove the attachments but is there any way to delete attachments with one command or click, and next q is, can i delete attachment containing specific file extention. your kind assistance is required......... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ hello.... no one ha...

deleting duplicate bill
Hello, I am running Windows 98 with MS money 2001. One of my bills is for cable television. I upgraded my service so the amount went up. I have two bills now one coming up for the old amount and one for the new correct amount. How do I delete the one bill that I will not be paying now that shows as a bill coming up? Any help would be appreciated. TIA Kaja ...

eConnect Issues For Invoicing Taxable Items
I have an ASP.NET web application that I am integrating with a GP 10 backend. Namely, a user can place an order online and after some processing an invoice gets added to GP. I have successfully integrated one part of the application where there are no taxes involved, but am having issues creating an invoice that includes taxes. Here is the error message that I'm getting: Tax table detail does not equal the tax amount Node Identifier Parameters: taSopHdrIvcInsert The invoice contains two line items, one is taxable and one is not. For the first line item I specify: UNITPRCE...

Product Suggestion
We need to maintain Item Shipping Weights with a wider range of values for items than currently possible in GP. We sell both small items (resistors, fractions of a kg) and big ones (drums of cable). It is not currently possible to store both extremes because the field is currently an integer fixed at 2 decimals. It really needs to be a numeric field with greater precision and scale. This is particularly important in EU because of the introduction of WEEE directive on recycling waste, which has big implications in this area. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and ...

Can't group pivot table items by month in Excel
i use excel 2004 for mac but have the same problem using 2003 for windows. i have a pivot table with dates in the rows, names in the columns and count of quantity in the data section. i want to group the date entries by month. i follow microsoft's help directions listed below but i am never prompted with a starting at box, ending at box or by box. the pivot table just groups whatever i have highlighted and gives me no other options. i would like to use this smart grouping option. please help. 1. Hold down CONTROL and click the selected date or time items, point to Group and Outline...

Find Blank Row and delete all records below it
I searched the archives but couldnt find exactly what I was lookin for. I run a macro that does a lot of sorting and subtotaling. Once it i all done I know that in Column A all the data after the first blan cell is junk. I would like the macro to search for a blank cell in column A and the delete all rows below it including it. By all rows it could be fro current row till row 65536 or it could be from the blank cell till th end of data in column B. I would appreciate anyones help. Thanks! S -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com SK, here is one way Dim cFirst As Long Dim cL...

Outlook 2003 Rules Problem with Calendar Items (bug?)
To support a product trial, we are in the position of needing to maintain two Exchange worlds, one at Exchange 5.5 and the other at Exchange 2000 (which will be upped to 2003 next week). Trial users have accounts and mailboxes on both systems. The two systems are connected together for mailflow, as well as dirsync using ADC and Free/Busy sync using the inter-org PF replicator. All Outlook clients are Outlook 2003. Outlook 2003 has increased the power of rules, in particular there are now rules to handle calendar items. So we are trying to use these to sync a user's Exchange 200...

deleting units of measure #2
Hello: I know that you can delete unit of measure schedules if the schedule is not on an item or an item class. Someone told me, though, that if you delete units of measure Great Plains will become unstable? I'm not sure what he meant by this. Is this true? childofthe1980s ...

Extended Pricing
Greetings, We are currently running Dynamics GP 10 with extended pricing and have hundreds of price sheets (possibly over a thousand). Every year we go through a very painful process of updating prices by creating new price sheets (duplicates of existing sheets), updating the prices on these sheets, assigning the new sheets to their respective customers and then de-activating the older price sheets. I am wondering how other people are handling this situation and if there are any tools available that work with extended pricing and might help expedite this process for us. We've r...

How to finish editing item of CListCtrl?
Using CListCtrl::EditLabel function, edit window is created. It disappears when "Enter" or "ESC" key is pressed. How can I finish it by code? Are there any method or function to finish it? "Joon-ho Ryu" <junoryu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23qBXb1IbDHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Using CListCtrl::EditLabel function, edit window is created. > It disappears when "Enter" or "ESC" key is pressed. > How can I finish it by code? > Are there any method or function to finish it? FWIW, the documentation says "To can...

Deleted email account 04-12-10
I am using Windows Live Mail 2009 and Windows 7. I've been having trouble downloading mail from one particular address and my ISP tells me that the account is corrupt and I needed to delete and add again. I accidentally deleted it before moving the messages to a storage folder like it told me to do!!! I do regular backups and am hoping I can restore my messages that I had there a couple of days ago but am not sure what the files are called. Is this going to be possible? If so, how do I do it? Thanks very much Please define 'regular' backups? What method or sof...

Cannot Delete Online Statement
I am using Money 2002. I exported an online statement from my bank. For some unknown reason, a whole year's worth of transactions were dowloaded. (Over 1000 transactions). Only 8 of these are new. I searched for online help and found information on Microsoft that said to right click on "Transactions to Read" and choose delete from the drop-down menu. My right click menu only has "Read Statement". There is no delete option. I can't find a way to uncheck all transactions and then check the eight I need to update. So, if can't delete the statement, I will ha...

Include vendos items cost in receipt window
Is there a way to include in the Line-Item of the Purchase Receipt Window a field where we can include what the Vendor actually invoice per line item? We don't want to change the Receipt Window "Unit Cost", we would like to add what the Vendor actually invoice for that Item. Are you actually wanting to enter the invoice amount at this time? The Shipment Invoice transaction allows this. In either the Shipment or the Shipment Invoice transaction, the unit price displayed is from the PO. The invoice amount would be entered on the Shipment/Invoice transaction to get the cor...

Deleting Mystery Public Folders
I cannot delete several Public Folders. Some how they have become corrupt? The problem lies in this... some of our users had allowed this public folder to be viewed in the Outlook Address book. It held contacts. Now they can't make it disappear form their address books and it's empty. I can't seem to delete it in Exchange Admin. I can't even view it's properties. I see it there, but get the following error message when I try to access it. "Internal processing error has occured. Try restarting the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program or the Microsoft Exchange Serv...

where can I find a sample home inventory that list all items i ma.
There's a template here that you can download: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/TC010705501033.aspx lanier wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Debra Dalgleish wrote > There's a template here that you can download: > > http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/TC010705501033.aspx To view this template, you must have one of the following installed on your computer: Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 Microsoft Office Standard Editio...

Item Level Recovery for Exchange
Hi, We are testing DPM 2010RC. We tested it for SharePoint 2010Beta and Item Level Recovery works Perfact. Does same thing is available for any version of Exchange Server. I mean Can we Restore Individual Mailbox and Email from Backup taken by DPM 2010..? -Tejas Hi Tejas, DPM 2010 does not support Restore individual mailbox or Email. DPM supports restore at Storage group level or database level. However DPM recovery UI, enumerates mailboxes under a DB (useful in finding the DB containing a mailbox) but the recovery is at DB level only. -- Thanks, Nagesh Thi...

Bug: Delete key causes multiple inbox items to be deleted
I have to watch very closely as I delete items from my Outlook inbox using the Delete key because every once in a short while TWO entries get deleted at once. It has happened often enough and consistently enough that I am confident that I have not double-clicked the Delete key or held the Delete key down too long. If anyone else has seen this behavior and has figured out how to avoid it, please post a reply. I am running Outlook 2007 (12.0.6514.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000) on Windows 7. I just now adjusted my keyboard repeat rate. If I do not experience the problem again...

formula and delete sheet
Hi all, I have sumif formula: SUMIF(TST!F10:F20000;D2;TST!G10:G20000) if i delete tst sheet my formula loss its refrences, how can i prevent ref! error and formula returns zero if the sheet deleted Thanks Bijan You have it set to refer to the sheet you are deleting. What do you want it to do??? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "bijan" <bijan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4421D49C-E5DC-4C4A-BB91-44AB94F4A5E1@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > I have sumif formula: > SUMIF(TST!F10:F2000...

Physical Inventory problem
I must be doing something wrong or perhaps I missed the whole point of performing a Physical Inventory of all the items in the store. What I have done, and what RMS gives: 1. I have created a new blank physical inventory count for manual entry. 2.After I finish making all the items, I click CALCULATE to COMPARE the "my physical count" to the "Store Operation´┐Żs Database count". The results I get are not completely accurate. RMS compares the discrepancy in quantities of ONLY the items I entered in my physical inventory. In other words, CALCULATE will not take into acc...

User Deleted in AD, can CRM licence be retrived?
Hello all, I've made a mistake and deleted a user in AD before removing their licence in MS CRM. The user has no records associated with their account. I want to retrieve their MS CRM licence but of course I get an error to the effect that. The selected object could not be found in both MS CRM and AD. What is the situation....is there a workaround? Does this mean that every time someone in our organisation makes this mistake in the future our licence number will dwindle? All the best, Michael Mulvihill There is a (rather convoluted) work-around for this issue. If you post your ema...

bulk/mass change to display as
Is there a way to do a mass (bulk) change to the display as field for outlook contacts (Outlook 2007 on small biz server). The default is how I want it: jon doe (jdoe@abc.com) but not all my address are that way.... any thoughts? Thanks in advance. See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/emaildisplayname.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook ...

Downloading statement shows items to review but I can't find them (2007)!
The last few days, when I download my checking account statementm it succeeds and shows items to review (4 yesterday, 5 today) but the downloaded items are not showing up in the account. The last item in the register is from 11/21 (5 days ago). I have the current vesion (MSM Deluxe 2007, Version 16...1024). I've been using MSM for many years. Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks, Gary In microsoft.public.money, GarDavis wrote: >The last few days, when I download my checking account statementm it >succeeds and shows items to review (4 yesterday, 5 today) but the >downloaded ...

Storing Edited Descriptions / Item Comments
In a previous thread (Questions about RMS, need help. - November 2nd, 2005), someone wanted to include edited descriptions in a report. Glenn mentioned that turning on "Record Item Comments" might also save the edited descriptions, but as far as I can tell - it does not. The only way any changes are saved (other than in the journaled receipt) is to use Item Comments. We have some items that are set as non-stocked, ask for price at POS, and have a generic description - when the item is rung up, the cashier is forced to enter the price and goes back and edits the description to reflec...