masking IDs

I have developed a small add-on for Great Plains v8 that would setup a Mask
for Customer, Vendor and Item ID
It is a fairly flexible system - You can
- define a single or multiple segment mask,
- each segment can be fixed width or variable width
- the segment can be Alpha only, Numeric only or AlphaNumeric.
- define valid values - such as 'AA, 'AB'
- does not allow you to et up a mask that is greater that the ID Length.
- Does not afect IDs already in use

I find this is quite valuable in enforcing ID lengths so that all IDs fall
into a specific pattern.
A beta should be available soon and I have thought of either distributing it
as a feebie or sell it for a small-one time fee.

I would have liked to have a Class-specific ID - for example, All Inventory
Items belonging to CLassId "XX" must use a specific mask.   For this to work
right, the user must first enter a ClassId, then the Master ID, which is not
how GP is setup.
While it is quite easy to modify the maintenence screen to first get the
classid, the problem comes when the user adds an ID on the fly - for example
adding a customerId in SOP or RM transaction Entry.

Would anybody be interested in this masking utility?
Would a class-specific ID be useful?

Your thoughts and comments are welcome.

Regards
Habib

0
HSalim (1270)

Asset ID
Do I have to assign each asset and asset id or can I have the system automatically give it one?? How does this work when using the payables management to fixed asset integration? thanks! ...

Event IDs 7010 and 7002
Hello, I have recently setup an exchange 2003 std. sever on 2003 std. to replace our exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 box. it is hosting two domains, and all mail is working fine. during the setup, however, my assistant didn't configure the relay properly, and we became an open relay for about a week, during which time there were almost 200,000 queues created by spammers. I managed to get all that cleaned up, only now i'm getting thousands of messages in the event viewer, mostly 7010 with some 7002. they are as follows: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP ...

NDR's not being received, EVENT ID 1028 ist not fullfilled
The sender of an message does not receive the NDR. But the administrator is informed successfully. The Event ID shows successful EVENT ID=B4s in this order: 1025 Sender OK 1025 Administrator OK 1024 Sender OK 1024 Administrator OK 1033 Sender OK 1033 Administrator OK 1021 Sender OK 1021 Administrator OK 1036 Sender OK 1036 Administrator OK 1023 Sender OK 1023 Administrator OK 1028 Administrator OK The sender does not get an successful 1028 and does not receive the NDR. Any clues? Best regards, GS. I solved this issue. There were two accounts with the same email adress. Error Mes...

Exchange 2003 SP2 event 7518 Sender ID must be configured
Exchange 2003 SP2, IMF and Sender ID configured. NOTE: I have read the blurb from Microsoft about the 7518 showing up in the event log if no SMTP server is configured for the SMTP virtual server (default SMTP virtual server). The server I am working on is the only SMTP server (i.e. no separate Gateway), and its configured on the IP address for filter enabled, apply sender ID - so thats not it directly. I have configured "ALL UNASSIGNED" and the local Nat'd internal address for sender id, but the event keeps popping up in the event log. Has any one else seen this? The sender i...

event ID 7004 MSExchange Transport/SMTP Protocol
We have Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 with mail flowing nicely in and out. Local domain is "companyname".loc so that Exchange FQDN is "servername"."companyname".loc. One particular Exchange Server repeatedly blocks my SMTP connection and triggers the following event ID 7004: "This is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual serverID 1, connection...The remote host "You" responded to the SMTP command "hello" with "550 - "servername"."companyname".loc...550-All SMTP connections from your server have been block...

Is the word "American" not allowed within a Windows Live ID?
I was trying to create a new Windows Live ID today,but it kept rejecting the ID that i wanted.So i added a few random characters at the end hoping that would do it.But it wasn't until i removed the letter "N" off of "American" that it was accepted.I also emailed the ID to see if it was taken only to get an email failure.The name i choose started with the word American.I tried different variations that i'm 100% sure that NO ONE else could possible have.If you think i'm mistake,try for yourself.Create a new user profile @live or@hotmail,then try an...

Event ID 474
Hi Everyone I am new to exchange so please be nice. I noticed the following error in an error log for an SBS 2003/Exchange 2003 SP1 server, there were several instances of this error in a row (8 in all, over only 60 seconds). Other than this the server has no problems and Exchange is working as it should. There have been no instances of this error since then (about 6 hours ago, and counting). Should be panicking? It says there is probably a hardware failure, but the server seems fine other than this error. Thanks in advance, error message below. Kelly Event Type: Error Event Source: ...

Error: no data exchange control with ID
I have a CView, and trying to create a dialog for user input. Unfortunately, I am getting the message & assert Error: no data exchange control with ID 110 Here is my code class CDlgGoto : public CDialog { // Construction public: CDlgGoto(CWnd* pParent = NULL); // standard constructor virtual ~CDlgGoto(); CString m_userGoto;// the number as input by the user //HWND m_DlgGoto; int m_iGoto;// goto line virtual int DoModal(); // Dialog Data //{{AFX_DATA(CDlgmsgqguiGoto) enum { IDD = IDD_DIALOG_GOTO };//110 // NOTE: the ClassWizard will add data members here //}}AFX_DATA // ...

User Class Printer ID
We recently changed printers for all sales users in the Named Printers for Sales Orders - Orders Printer - All. Now, when users enter a new order in the Sales Transaction Entry window, a dialogue box comes up with a blank field saying "Please enter a valid User Class Printer ID." We can click on Cancel and move along just fine, but curious if there was a way to make this box go away. Thanks in advance! Once the mode for a printer task is set to User Mode, you will need to define the printer for each user, or use a Template user to define the printer for a group of users...

Renumbering resource IDs messes up Dialog Info
After running a tool to eliminate a lot of ID collisions in an older application the third party controls in some dialogs started misbehaving. I tracked the problem down to property data for the third party controls which is being stored in the Dialog Info section at the bottom of the .RC file. This is where the DLGINIT data, etc. is stored. For example, we had two controls with ID 1304 and one of these, which happened to be in our splash screen, was renumbered to 1451. But data for the control is stored down in the Dialog Info section where the only association is via the control ID,...

Assign one default Site ID
Hi, I am needing to assign one default site ID to thousands of items in our inventory. the site ID is just called 'CENTRAL'. I am thinking of writing an update statement to update all items in IV00101 to do this and update the location code, instead of maybe doing a macro in GP. UPDATE IV00101 SET LOCNCODE = 'CENTRAL' Does anyone see any implication on this? On Aug 27, 3:02=A0pm, Jeff Grant <JeffGr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am needing to assign one default site ID to thousands of items in our > inventory. > ...

MSExchangeDSAccess Event ID 2115
Getting warning message: Process INETINFO.EXE DSAccess needs to close a connection to the Domain Controller (servername) due to error 0x80040920 Any one aware of why this might be happening. Exchange 2003 SP2. Kent Maybe network issues? Is your Ex and DC on same box? How many GC's do you have? Does it close the session and re-establish or do you have to do something? James Chong MCSE M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com ftp://mail.msexchange911.net/ Kent wrote: > Getting warning message: Process INETINFO.EXE DSAccess needs to close a > connection to the Domain ...

why does it ask me to add ID number
Hi, my database has a main table called OBS ID with a primary key called OBS_ID with is a foreign key in the following tables: Counter Measures, Critical Behaviours, Critical conditions, Well_Dones. I have created a data entry form to add data to my main table with buttons that you click if you need to add data to one of the above mentioned tables (not always the case). When I click the button to open any one of the 4 four forms based on the above mentioned tables, the form won't let me save because it wants be to add the OBS_ID data. I assumed that this would just fill i...

different budget ID for single account
when calculating the budget for an expense account lets say 111-222-333, is there any way to tell which budget id to use or if both buget id are using for calculating the budget amount. the expense account exists in both budget id. ...

Vendor Address ID should always be stored with Voucher Number
The Vendor Address ID should be stored in more places in the PM tables. This will make it easier to pull the correct address for reporting purposes. You should also be able to click into the Address ID field from the Payables Inquiry rather than having to go through the Vendor Inquiry. This will make it easier to look up what invoice was sent to what address. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the...

Allow Editing of ID's.
Vendors change names [AT&T Wireless is now Cingular Wireless] Our codes are alpha, based on the vendor name so now I have to either use "AT&T-WI" as the vendor code for Cingular or start a new one. If I could simply edit the code to "CINGUL-WI" I could keep all my history in one place and use a code that made sense. Ditto in Payroll, most women change there name when they get married. Ditto in Customer, businesses merge, change names, get bought out. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the...

Input mask 03-30-07
I want to force the user(s) to enter a value in the following numeric (double) format: #.### Example: 2.358 These values are for a gasoline survey and I don't want to worry about cleaning the data for an obscure double digit value. Is there a way to force my data entry people to do this? Have you looked into Input Masks? It is in VBA Help. Maybe 0.000 aviscomi wrote: >I want to force the user(s) to enter a value in the following numeric >(double) format: >#.### >Example: 2.358 >These values are for a gasoline survey and I don't want to worry about >cleaning...

Event ID 623 Source ESE
I have 2 Windows 2k3 SP1 servers running Exchange 2003 SP2. After a reboot last night, they both registered Event ID 623's from ESE. I did see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893599/EN-US/ , and the version of ESE>dll installed is a later version than the one referenced in the KB. However, there is an earlier, not updated version of ese.dll in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Integration\Microsoft Exchange on each server. This probably isn't an issue, but I was wondering if anyone else had run into these post SP2? ...

Event ID 36870 on Exchange Server
On Our Exchange Server 2003 SP2 (Windows Server 2003 SP1) member server, We had the following two events logged: Event: '36870' Type: 'ERROR' Category: '' User: '' Source: 'Schannel' Computer: 'Exchange-2003-Server' Message: 'A fatal error occurred when attempting to access the SSL server credential private key. The error code returned from the cryptographic module is 0x80090016. ' Data: '' Source: 'Schannel' Event "36872" Type: 'Warning' Message: No suitable default server credentials exist on thi...

LDAP Event ID 8270
Hi I'm trying to set up Recipient Policies in Exchange Server 2003. When I apply the policy, I get the following error in Event Viewer: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Date: 26/10/2005 Time: 13:24:27 User: N/A Computer: IBMMAIL Description: LDAP returned the error [41] Object Class Violation when importing the transaction dn: <GUID=A5DB3DBE8544964C9CFA9E8AB217D162> changetype: Modify mail:sa1a53@redland.bristol.sch.uk textEncodedORAddress:c=GB;a= ;p=Redland High Sch;o=Exchange;s=xa1a53; proxyAddresses:X400:c=GB;a= ...

MSExchangeIS Event ID 9556
One user suddenly couldn't connect to the Exchange server (SBS 2003). Other users could log in to his PC and get their mail, and he could get his mail if he logged into another PC. (Although I'd like to know why on some other PCs he could go right into it, and one others he had to set up an Exchange account. It did not matter if the PC had 2k or XP. There are no roaming profiles.) I thought it might be a corrupt profile, so I deleted his Windows profile on his PC and created a new one, but it made no difference. (I don't know if the MAPI profile is part of the Windows profile ...

How do I add a Topic ID to a .rtf Help File
Hi: I'm trying to add a Topic ID to some text in the .rtf Help File such that the text will be called up when the corresponding topic is selected in the Help Topics Contents window. After I put the Topic ID into my Contents entry's MyApp.cnt file I'm ready to add it to the text in the .rtf file. The instructions for doing this in the Microsoft Help Workshop say to place the insertion point at the beginning of the topic and insert a number sign as a footnote mark and then type the footnote name as the footnote text. Trying to follow these instructions I put the cursor at the beg...

Getting item ID in ON_LBN_SELCHANGE
I would like to set the same member function to process multiple list boxes. How do I find out what the item ID is for the list box that I'm handling an selection changed message for? Chris Griffin wrote: > I would like to set the same member function to process multiple list boxes. > How do I find out what the item ID is for the list box that I'm handling an > selection changed message for? > Use ON_CONTROL_RANGE in the message map. It passes the ID to the message handler. You have to type it in to the message map by hand. Make the handler function prototype l...

Globally unique Id's for primary keys
We plan to have a number of field personnel use Access and then use XML to sync their data with our central office Access database. The problem is that each agent might end up using the same autonumber for the primary key Id of a record. We would like to have access automatically assign a "globally unique" Id, similar to what COM components use to differentiate themselves. Is their an easy way to do this? Thanks in advance. The best Access has is to set the autonumber field to Random in the properties, rather than Increment. -- --Roger Carlson www.rogersaccesslibrary.com ...

Exchange 2003
Hello I have a newly setup production exchange server (sp2). It is only serving a small subset of my organisation, about 15 users, using mydomain1.com. My active directory contains around 100 user accounts that do not have exchange mailboxes and they use our old pop3 based system and have a seperate email domain name, mydomain2.com. It would appear that whenever someone with an exchange mailbox (mydomain1.com) sends mail to people with an email address listed elsewhere in the active directory (mydomain2.com) it gets stuck in the local exchnage delivery queue rather than forwarding i...