Manual Check transaction flows to Bank Rec

When a manual check in GP 10.0 is posted in Payroll a batch is created in GL
and BR.   I can delete the batch in the GL but how do I do that in Bank Rec?
I know that you can void the check in Bank Rec but that means I would have to
do that 900 times (I only want to update Payroll),  is there an easier way?

Thanks!
0
tklinnert (36)

Why are you doing a manual check?  Is it to record an ADP type check? Or to
just record wages?  If you do not need the check number why not just process
an adjustment in Payroll Manual Check - Adjustment Entry?  The same general
process applies but it does not update Bank Rec... If you do a check it will
update Bank Rec... then the most expedient way to clear them would be to
clear them off in Reconciliation and just do an offsetting entry to cash so
there is not GL impact... I.e. - Clear 50 checks totaling 10k then you would
process an adjustment during the Bank Rec process for the same amount and use
the GL account of whatever cash account you are using... If not.. then void
900 checks.

"tklinnert" wrote:

> When a manual check in GP 10.0 is posted in Payroll a batch is created in GL
> and BR.   I can delete the batch in the GL but how do I do that in Bank Rec?
> I know that you can void the check in Bank Rec but that means I would have to
> do that 900 times (I only want to update Payroll),  is there an easier way?
>
> Thanks!
------=_NextPart_0001_207AF380

Hello Tara

Thank you for using communities.

If you want to update payroll but not the General Ledger or Bank rec, you
can post a manual check with the type of "Beginning Balance"
Under (Transactions | Payroll | Manual Checks) change the check type to
"beginning balance".

These do not use check numbers, in payroll the all the check numbers will
display as "Beginning Balance" and this will not update the general ledger
or bank rec.

There is no mass void in bank reconciliation, the checks in bank rec need
to be voided one at a time.

Thank you,
Michael Zerr
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

Please note that the newsgroups are staffed weekdays with a goal to provide
ONE BUSINESS DAY RESPONSE to all posts.

If this response time does not meet your needs,

please contact CSS for more immediate assistance:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

PLEASE NOTE:
The newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD will be updated on
August 20, 2007.  Please complete a re-registration process by
entering the secure code mmpng2007 when prompted. Once you
have entered the secure code mmpng2007, you will be able to update
your profile and access the partner newsgroups.

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?dGtsaW5uZXJ0?= <tklinnert@discussions.microsoft.com>
Subject: Manual Check transaction flows to Bank Rec
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:20:01 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

When a manual check in GP 10.0 is posted in Payroll a batch is created in
GL
and BR.   I can delete the batch in the GL but how do I do that in Bank
Rec?
I know that you can void the check in Bank Rec but that means I would have
do that 900 times (I only want to update Payroll),  is there an easier way?

Thanks!

------=_NextPart_0001_207AF380

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Tara
\par
\par Thank you for using communities.
\par
\par If you want to update payroll but not the General Ledger or Bank rec, you can post a manual check with the type of "Beginning Balance"
\par Under (Transactions | Payroll | Manual Checks) change the check type to "beginning balance".
\par
\par These do not use check numbers, in payroll the all the check numbers will display as "Beginning Balance" and this will not update the general ledger or bank rec.
\par
\par There is no mass void in bank reconciliation, the checks in bank rec need to be voided one at a time.
\par
\par
\par Thank you,
\par Michael Zerr
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par
\par
\par Please note that the newsgroups are staffed weekdays with a goal to provide ONE BUSINESS DAY RESPONSE to all posts.
\par
\par If this response time does not meet your needs,
\par
\par please contact CSS for more immediate assistance:
\par
\par http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:
\par The newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD will be updated on
\par August 20, 2007.  Please complete a re-registration process by
\par entering the secure code mmpng2007 when prompted. Once you
\par have entered the secure code mmpng2007, you will be able to update
\par your profile and access the partner newsgroups.
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par Thread-Topic: Manual Check transaction flows to Bank Rec
\par thread-index: AckZuypY4/hV0S7LRY2xILIthV/bfg==
\par X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 207.46.19.168
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?dGtsaW5uZXJ0?= <tklinnert@discussions.microsoft.com>
\par Subject: Manual Check transaction flows to Bank Rec
\par Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:20:01 -0700
\par Lines: 6
\par Message-ID: <D50E203F-3A84-448B-ABA5-7D80A91BC8F3@microsoft.com>
\par MIME-Version: 1.0
\par Content-Type: text/plain;
\par \tab charset="Utf-8"
\par Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
\par Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
\par Importance: normal
\par Priority: normal
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.3119
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:33419
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: tk2msftibfm01.phx.gbl 10.40.244.149
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par When a manual check in GP 10.0 is posted in Payroll a batch is created in GL
\par and BR.   I can delete the batch in the GL but how do I do that in Bank Rec?
\par I know that you can void the check in Bank Rec but that means I would have to
\par do that 900 times (I only want to update Payroll),  is there an easier way?
\par
\par Thanks!
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_207AF380--

0
mzerr (26)
9/19/2008 2:43:26 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_3536EFDC

Hello

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Darin Carlsrud

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_3536EFDC

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par Darin Carlsrud
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par ==============================================
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par
\par to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par
\par     from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par
\par     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_3536EFDC--

0
A-DACARL (116)
9/23/2008 3:21:22 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_3FB268EB

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Darin Carlsrud

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_3FB268EB

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par Darin Carlsrud
\par
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_3FB268EB--

0
A-DACARL (116)

Multiple Accounts/Same Bank
Can I set one money file to dowload account information for each account I have at a particular institution? I have two at one bank, but can only download one. I am using MS Money Deluxe 2005 You should be able to download more than one account. Tell us more about the problems you're having. -- Michael Gordon MVP "jlandtl" <jlandtl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D8F3298-741B-4B5B-B6B9-DA9819B1076A@microsoft.com... > Can I set one money file to dowload account information for each account I > have at a particular institution? I have two at o...

Show an envelope icon in the notification area check mark does not stay
Hello How to make "Show an envelope icon in the notification area" check mark stay in "Advanced E-mail Options" on "Preferences" tab? The check mark disappears after my Windows 2000 Pro restart. ...

Document Number and GL dist on Computer Check Edit List
The document number and GL distributions both need to be on the Computer Check Edit List. Currently, you can have either of them, but not both. The report currently only shows the voucher number and that is useless to an AP clerk who is trying to match a stack of invoices to the transactions in the batch. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in th...

cash flow module doesn't show backorder remaining, only total
I have a problem with the cash flow module. We have large backorders which have partially shipped, but the amount used by the cash flow module is the original backorder total, not the remaining total. This means that there is a duplication of expected monies due because shipments that have already been invoiced are also duplicated on the backorder. The cash flow module should be pulling the remaining backorder balance, not the original backorder total. This is a bug in the program. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions w...

Automatic name check
How do I set my system so it can recognize the first few letters of the last name in the To box and then auto complete the rest of the name? I have gone to Tools, Options, Email options, advanced email options, and the automatic name check box is checked. Any other ideas? tractortoy@comcast.net <tractortoy@comcast.net> wrote: > How do I set my system so it can recognize the first few > letters of the last name in the To box and then auto > complete the rest of the name? Only Outlook 2002 and 2003 have this ability. What version of Outlook are you using? -- Brian Til...

Multiselect List or Check boxes
I've read through some of the posts here and I just can't quite understand how to do this. I have 3 tables: teachers, subjects, & subjects_to_teachers. I have relationships established for a many to many relationship btwn subjects & teachers. I have the base form which shows teacher info. How do I create a control on this form that allows the user to select all subjects that apply to a teacher? I would like to use check boxes where the user checks all that apply but I'm also interested in knowing how to use a multiselect list box to do the same. Thanks in advance!!!...

Outlook 2000 automatic name checking
Automatic name checking is not working. How to fix? It is selected to use that feature but does not work. Thanks, ...

Exchanging items (return and sale in one transaction)
Is is possible to return and sell an item in the same transaction? For example, a customer wants to return clothing in one size and get the same item in another size. There is no price difference. Is there any problem with recalling the original transaction for return and then scanning the right size item in that same transaction? Also, is it possible to return one or more item and simultaneously buy one or more items with different prices/total costs? RMS Help file doesn't have information on this. ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes...

Assigning past transactions as part of a reoccuring bill?
Hi- I have a reoccurring bill set up but Money 2005 has missed some of the transactions in the past as belonging to that since they were on a different date (only off by a day or two). Is there anyway I can select those as being part of that reoccuring bill as I have it estimate the next bill based on the past ones? Thanks for your help! -Dan ...

Check for duplicates with 2 fields
Hi, I have a form that gets its data from a table with 3 fields: Key (auto number), Item (text), and Detail (text). When I add a new record I want to test for a duplicate records based on both the Item and Detail fields. If there is a duplicate record I want to display my own error message and undo the entry. How is the best way to do this? Also, the Detail field can be a blank. Thanks, -- Phil One way is to add a unique index on those fields & use Form Error to trap & replace the default error msg (probably the best) Or you can use the Forms Before Update even Private Su...

Check out this amazing program!
Check out this amazing program! You have nothing to lose in checking out this website. Become a member and receive a "FREE WEBSITE". FREE reports will be sending to you by the "COMPANY" once you become a member. GO TO www.anasus.freestoreclub.com ...

Reconciling the selling of a Share Option to a bank statement
Hi, I have recently excersised some company share options. I entered the transaction in my investment account and later that month when I imported my bank transactions I had one for the money paid out to me. Two questions: 1) How do I link the two transactions. 2) The transaction in my investment account does not include tax where as my bank trasaction has the net amount paid out, how do I reconcile the who figures? On 2005-01-17, Peter <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have recently excersised some company share options. I entered the > transaction in my in...

Spell Check in Word 2007 missing the dictionary/thesaurus
Spell check/thesaurus stopped working a few weeks ago. I've checked all the possible settings problems I found on forums (spell check is enabled, correct language is loaded/selected, etc), no change. The error message says "no dictionary/thesaurus found, if you know where it's installed, go find it manually, etc". So I looked up where to find the "default Office Word dictionary" and according to Microsoft it should be in Boot drive\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Proof - I found the folder, it's empty. Completely empty. No .dic files to...

AP Checks
We are looking at having our checks print with the signature on them, as opposed to manual signatures. In order to do this, we need to make sure our controls are in place. We currently use Check Factory, and will require a signature password. What else should we do? Are there certain reports we should utilize? Other suggestions? Is Check Factory compatible with Great Plains? It is probably a stand alone application to print checks. I have expertise with the 3rd party add-on MeKorma MICR check printing with signatures in Great Plains and, if setup, requires password on each print...

Check box in Menu Bar.
Hi all, i create custom menu bar with menu Settings. In this menu i insert 4 check box controls. But i can't find the way to set checked or uncheked. One idea is to change the picture of control? Is that is only solution? Can someone help me? Thanks. ...

Is there a way for SOP Transactions to change the distributions?
Is there a way in GP10sp3 for SOP Transactions to change the distribution accounts based on Department instead of Item or customer? In SOP Setup you have the choice of Posting Accounts from Item or Customer. If you choose Item, the posting accounts come from the Item card. If you choose Customer then the posting accounts come from the Customer Card. Posting accounts from the item card generally work okay because different Items can post to different sales G/L accounts. If you use the Customer card posting accounts, only one G/L account is used for all Inventory Items. What I need is pos...

Checking for name in VBA with wildcard?
I've got a column where occasionaly appears text of the following form: Zone 1, Zone 2 etc. I want to clear the cell to the right of any cell that contains this text; however, I can't figure out how to write the code so that it will look for Zone 1, then Zone 2 etc. Here's what I've got so far, try not to laugh, I'm a beginner :) Sub ClearEmpty() Dim rMyCell As Range Dim i As Integer For i = 1 To 60 For Each rMyCell In Range("A1:A60") If rMyCell.Value = "Zone" & i Then rMyCell.Select ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value = "" ...

Import Sales Transaction
I need to know the easiest way to import posted transaction from GP to RMS. Thanks in Advance Mr. Ibrahim Zubair There are several third party integrations between GP and RMS that allow two way data flow. I know that some of them support Purchasing and receiving in GP sending updates to RMS, but I don't remember seeing sales transaction flowing in that direction. You might want to check out Professional Advantage - I believe it is http://www.profad.com If you just want to do a one time import, Retail Realm has an import tool that will load transaction data. I'm sure that G...

Lost downloaded transactions
In Money2002, I downloaded transactions from two credit cards per my usual for years. Visa came through fine. Discover shows that there are 19 transactions to review. When opening the account, the transactions don't show. Nothing shows for the past 10 days. I tried closing and re-loading, with no change. How can I find them? Where are they? (MVP -- This never happened when Dave Hunt was still in house!) FYI, I also, on the same session, had a manual entry in Cash acct error twice, saying that the entry couldn't be made, or another activity had done it already. Second...

Auto catagorize transactions after initial download..?
Money 2004 Delux I'm new : I want money to "auto catagorize " my transactions after I set them up after the first bank statement download. Almost all of my Payees are the same ; just different amounts each month. I want to download each time and have them categorize without manual input Can this be done , and specifically how? In microsoft.public.money, wrh61 wrote: >Money 2004 Delux >I'm new : >I want money to "auto catagorize " my transactions after I set them up after >the first bank statement download. Almost all of my Payees are the same ; >...

Reset Transaction Date in GL20000 to match SOP30200 records
I'm not sure if this is possible. Very recently, One of our clients posted the Sales Transactions of about 4,000 and posted to GL as well. After posting, he realized that all GL entries for these batches are updated to one single date. On research, We found that the Postings Settings are somehow changed to pick up the Posting Date from Batch for General Entry Transactions. Now, I'm just checking on a possibility if we could reset these transactions dates by way of a SQL statement to copy the dates from SOP30200 table to GL20000 for these transactions alone. Say, A Transaction for whic...

Moving Transactions
Is there anyway to move some "Check Register" entries from one Microsoft Money file to another? We've had somethin wierd happen with our Money 2002 file. Basically, it "lost" the balance entries, so now it shows that we haven't "balanced" since 1/8/2002. We've got everything in there up until last month, so, I'd rather just start a new file with a new opening balance for the beginning of this year and go from there. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Darin Spence wrote: >Is there anyway to move some "Check Register" entri...

Data file check in progress
Office OL 2007 Win XP Pro SP2 Apparently, Outlook "closed improperly" the other day. I can't remember exactly why. When I restarted OL, I got the "usual" alert that it had closed improperly, that the file would undergo whatever check occurs when that happens, and that the system performance may be affected during the check. The lower righthand of the screen showed an icon with two gears, and hovering the mouse over the icon produced the tip "Data file in progress." This went on for several minutes and then it disappeared. Now, on restarting OL again, it&#...

Trade Discount on Check
Can Anyone tell me how to add the trade discount of an Payable invoice to the check (stub on top). GP 7.5 Hi Carlos, Modify the check in Report Writer. You can add this field from one of the linked tables. An easy way to make sure that you are modifying the right form is to print an alignment form to the screen, and click on the Modify button and you will go right to Report Writer with that form open. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Carlos" wrote: > Can Anyone tell me how to add the trade discount of an Payable...

Fix old transactions
I have few sales / apply / credit transactions from last few years that are not adding up. For example, a sales transaction of amount $10, but the payment is $9.00; therefore $1 is still on customer account. These transactions are shown in the aging reports. Is there a way to fix old transactions? Thanks! Use the Write Off Documents Routine in Sales. This will create debit & credit memos as apporpriate and automatically apply them to the outstanding documents. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at ww...