Make your site eazy to use.

A year or two ago I use to be able to get on CustomerSource very eazily and
get information and articles I needed.  Now it took me 15 minutes just to
sign on.  Then I could not find an article about opening a new year or
closing 2005.  How simple should something that basic be?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=135b4a07-0c0b-4925-b7d9-d1ff2089b7eb&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

I use CustomerSource pretty much every day without any issues, concerns or
delays.
Also, if you search for "Fiscal Year" then you will find what you are
looking for.

"mobilepark" wrote:

> A year or two ago I use to be able to get on CustomerSource very eazily and
> get information and articles I needed.  Now it took me 15 minutes just to
> sign on.  Then I could not find an article about opening a new year or
> closing 2005.  How simple should something that basic be?
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=135b4a07-0c0b-4925-b7d9-d1ff2089b7eb&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Shariq (273)
11/17/2005 7:20:26 PM
Thanks, I will try that.  If I used it evey day I suppose I would also know
that -- but I don't.  I did the search on: year end, new year, etc. and could
not find what I was looking for.

"Shariq" wrote:

> I use CustomerSource pretty much every day without any issues, concerns or
> delays.
> Also, if you search for "Fiscal Year" then you will find what you are
> looking for.
>
> "mobilepark" wrote:
>
> > A year or two ago I use to be able to get on CustomerSource very eazily and
> > get information and articles I needed.  Now it took me 15 minutes just to
> > sign on.  Then I could not find an article about opening a new year or
> > closing 2005.  How simple should something that basic be?
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=135b4a07-0c0b-4925-b7d9-d1ff2089b7eb&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
I also just went back into the knowledge base and searched for "Fiscal Year"
and got the same info as last time.  In the first 30 found there was one post
for 2004 year end close but nothing about a new year or 2005 year end
proceedures.

"Shariq" wrote:

> I use CustomerSource pretty much every day without any issues, concerns or
> delays.
> Also, if you search for "Fiscal Year" then you will find what you are
> looking for.
>
> "mobilepark" wrote:
>
> > A year or two ago I use to be able to get on CustomerSource very eazily and
> > get information and articles I needed.  Now it took me 15 minutes just to
> > sign on.  Then I could not find an article about opening a new year or
> > closing 2005.  How simple should something that basic be?
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=135b4a07-0c0b-4925-b7d9-d1ff2089b7eb&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
The KB articel number 850663 "Payroll year-end closing checklist for 2004 in
Great Plains" does explain steps to close 2004 and open 2005. You may also
want to look at KB article 888003.

"mobilepark" wrote:

> I also just went back into the knowledge base and searched for "Fiscal Year"
> and got the same info as last time.  In the first 30 found there was one post
> for 2004 year end close but nothing about a new year or 2005 year end
> proceedures.
>
> "Shariq" wrote:
>
> > I use CustomerSource pretty much every day without any issues, concerns or
> > delays.
> > Also, if you search for "Fiscal Year" then you will find what you are
> > looking for.
> >
> > "mobilepark" wrote:
> >
> > > A year or two ago I use to be able to get on CustomerSource very eazily and
> > > get information and articles I needed.  Now it took me 15 minutes just to
> > > sign on.  Then I could not find an article about opening a new year or
> > > closing 2005.  How simple should something that basic be?
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=135b4a07-0c0b-4925-b7d9-d1ff2089b7eb&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Shariq (273)
11/17/2005 8:58:08 PM
Hi Shariq
I don't have customer source access ID and password, I am verymuch thankfull
to you if you could send me the article u have mention in your last
post(850663),relating to closing procedure.
--
Shabnam

"Shariq" wrote:

> The KB articel number 850663 "Payroll year-end closing checklist for 2004 in
> Great Plains" does explain steps to close 2004 and open 2005. You may also
> want to look at KB article 888003.
>

> "mobilepark" wrote:
>
> > I also just went back into the knowledge base and searched for "Fiscal Year"
> > and got the same info as last time.  In the first 30 found there was one post
> > for 2004 year end close but nothing about a new year or 2005 year end
> > proceedures.
> >
> > "Shariq" wrote:
> >
> > > I use CustomerSource pretty much every day without any issues, concerns or
> > > delays.
> > > Also, if you search for "Fiscal Year" then you will find what you are
> > > looking for.

dial a telephone number using the modem,and playing an audio file when the person lifts up telepone
I wanted to make a vb application which would dial a telephone number using the modem. When the person on the other end lifts up the telephone (answers the phone), the application should start playing an audio file(eg. .wav file). The approach I took was using the Tapi. As my modem is connected to the serial port on my computer I send AT commands to make the phone call . This is working fine and the call is being placed. I wanted to know whether this is possible at all? Whether I am approaching the wrong way? If it is possible, then please give some suggestions or samples(vb or vc). If it is...

anyway to make outlook to execute some vbs or js script for complex filtering
or would I have to make use of .net? at this place there is no .net implemented Maybe the outlook vba group might be a better place to post "MSDN newsgroup" <NoOne@allMailSunken.net> wrote in message news:%23Mp53SYEKHA.4184@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > or would I have to make use of .net? > > at this place there is no .net implemented > "MSDN newsgroup" <NoOne@allMailSunken.net> wrote in message news:%23Mp53SYEKHA.4184@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > or would I have to make use of .net? > > at this place there is no .net implemented mic...

UPDATE using SUM
I have a stored procedure where I am trying to update a temp table in the flow of the sp. I have tried the code below but it gives me an error "Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'GROUP' and I understand the error but don't know how to get around it and still get sums. Can anyone help? Thanks. UPDATE #tempInventoryAnalysis SET [PTDSalesQty] = SUM(CASE WHEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistHeader.InvcDate BETWEEN @StartDate AND @EndDate THEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.QtyShipSell ELSE 0 END), [YTDSalesQty] = SUM(MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.Qt...

Microsoft Icons for Web Use
I have several Office documents I'm linking to on my web site and I'm looking for where I can download the icons for the Office applications. Anyone? Specifically, I need an icon for MS Word and MS Excel. It was much easier to find the Acrobat icon for use. :( Thump If you have Office you already have access to the icons. Select one of the applications in the MS Office folder then Command+I for Get Info. Click the icon in the Get Info window & Command+C to copy it, Paste to wherever. NOTE: As an FYI, as with all corporate logos & trademarks there are copyright restrictio...

Use cell value as cell address
Hello everyone. I have a worksheet "Main" of 39,000 rows in which column B contains a number between 1 and 7,500. Column C is an empty column I have added. The second sheet, "Names" in the book contains a single column - A - of 7,500 names. I want to get the value from the second sheet that matches the number column of the first sheet. In other words, if "Main" cell B3 contains 3780, I want to put the value from "Names" cell A3780 into "Main" C3. How do I do this please? Richard --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi tr...

How to make Unique coloumn in Excel sheet ?
I want to make one coloumn in excel sheet as unique, so no entry is repeated in that particular column. See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal07.html on this. HTH. Best wishes Harald "V JHANJI" <V JHANJI@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:5D9465E8-EE69-4D59-8BD7-B0115D09145C@microsoft.com... > I want to make one coloumn in excel sheet as unique, so no entry is repeated > in that particular column. Hi check out http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm for detailed instructions on how to do this. Cheers JulieD "V JHANJI" <V JHANJI...

Can't access hotmail using Outlook Connector for MSN
I can't seem to download anything from my hotmail account into Outlook after setting up a link with Outlook Connector for MSN. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Lost ability in MSWord to make ANY changes to ANY document
Somehow when I open a document in Word, it will not let me do anything other than open the document, print and close, everything else come up 'faded'- I can't even make changes anymore, and i've tried restoring my system to an earlier date, but nothing- Version of Word? If it's 2007 and someplace on the screen it says something about "This modification is not allowed because selection is locked", it could be that you've been using a trial version that's now expired or you haven't properly activated your full version. -- Cheers! Gor...

MAPI Failure message using 2007 word
-- JOHN HASKINS I keep getting this error message when I try to send a document from Word 2007 to my Outlook Email Client, which is my default email setup. I followed the recommended steps that help feature suggested, but that did not work by saving the document then closing and also closing Outlook, which was when word would restart it would start a new MAPI Session. No Go! What much I do. All other applications and software allow me to send to my email client except Office. ...

Make your site eazy to use.
A year or two ago I use to be able to get on CustomerSource very eazily and get information and articles I needed. Now it took me 15 minutes just to sign on. Then I could not find an article about opening a new year or closing 2005. How simple should something that basic be? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreade...

Creating an AD account don't make the mailbox in exch2K3
Hi, I don't understand what's happening. When I create a new account in AD, it no longer creates the mailboxes in exchange 2003. It was working a week ago... It asks me if I also want to create a mailbox, I answer YES and ... no mailbox. Please help me, I must create this mailbox quickly since a new employee arrived and my boss doesn't understand why the mail is not set yet. I believe that the mailbox is actually created only after the first message is sent to it or there is a first logon. So if you are looking for it and you do not see it, this may be the cause. Frank &qu...

Item backorders on Inventory Transfer to Site
Hi all, Is there any way to leave a qty on "backorder" on an Inventory Transfer ? For example, we want to transfer 10 of item ABC to another site. The main site only has 4 right now. How do we have the system track that the other site still requires an additional 6 units of that item, and when the main site receives more of item ABC, it should flag that the other site still requires them. We will be using the order points to give us suggested levels, but there are times when we require more, and want the system to track that ? Any ideas.... Thanks, Chris B. ...

Use this internet package
--izytvhgodf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zqzdzynieuqqee"; type="multipart/alternative" --zqzdzynieuqqee Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fezlepmdc" --fezlepmdc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerab...

To auto-fill using names no longer in address
Is there a way to remove the names for the auto fill feature that are no longer in the address book or contact list? If they are selected the properties for the entry states name is no longer valid Address Book entry. Thanks. State your Outlook version and what you mean by "autofill." Outlook has two different functions this could be: autoresolution or autocompletion. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ernie C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04e601c4913a$f07a15c0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to remove the names for the au...

Use Money 2002 Files in Money 2008
HI, How can I convert or use my Money 2002 files in Money 2008 Trial. Thanks. -- Smith Assuming that M2002 and M2008 are both from the same geography you just install M2008, navigate to the .mny file and double click on the file name. If M2002 is non-US version, the quick answer is "you don't". :-( -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Smith" <Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6962F8A...

create a report using vba to select the names for the report
Hi, I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as creating a string with customer names in it. Whats next? sample = Selected_Customer_Names= [ABC], [test], [New], [A New One] ...... and so on. Is this correct for the report and/or how do i open the report with the above only listed? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 03:47:34 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi, >I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as >creating a string with ...

Using IF for conditional formatting?
Need help with displaying blank cells when formulas are inside. The formulas would display a value if the contents of a source cell is filled in. I'm attempting to use in the formula cells(like B2): IF(A2="","",A2*5) If A2 is null, then display blank in B2, else calculate A2 * 5. Is this the best approach to keeping formula cells clear until data is entered? Thanks!!!! Yes -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Barb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fd0201c4...

Error
I have two investment accounts. Both have the same stock. When I enter the symbol in the second account, I get an Error Message "Symbol in Use." Anyone know why this occurs and how two investment accounts can hold the same stock. When asked for the symbol, don't type it in but use the drop down menu. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06d701c39540$e8...

Using Contact's Categories to set message categories
Is there any way to have a rule that sets an incoming message category to the categor(ies) that the sender of the message is assign to in my contacts list? In other words, I have 'George Washington' in my contacts list. George has a category of 'prez' assigned to him. When I get a message from George, I'd like that message to be assigned the category of 'prez' as well. I know I can manually setup a rule to do this for specific contacts, but it would be so much more useful to manage the rule's behavior by setting categories in the contact list. No. Here&...

Using XmlRootAttribute for deserialization
I've seen this come up before, but in my case, things are a little more complex, and I'm having a tough time figuring out how to set an element name that works. I have a configuration file that is my serialized object (I'm using a customer deserializer to add some more XAML-like capabilities): <AppConfigObject> <RuntimeType:Kernel xmlns:RuntimeType="MyNamespace.DefaultKernel, Kernel"/> </AppConfigObject> public class AppConfigObject { [XmlElement] public Kernel {...} } Problem I have is deserializing the child node <Kernel> because it al...

How do I use text in a cell as a range name in a formula
If cell A1 had the text TEST in it and TEST is the name I have given to a group of cells using the name box what formula can I use to give me the sum of TEST, thats is the sum of the cells in the group called TEST. I understand that I can simply have =SUM(TEST), but I want the formula to refer to Cell A1 to get the name ie =SUM(A1) doesn't work obviously Any help appreciated Thank you In this case, you want to use the INDIRECT function. E.g., =SUM(INDIRECT(A1)) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Kiwi" &...

can't access all of my back up after using Osirius program
Hi, I have Windows XP with Outlook 2003. I have backed up my massive amount of emails (400MB) using Outlook Backup from Osirius. Having used this program for smaller amounts of emails with no problems before I then placed the backup onto a disc and formatted the drive. After loading XP and Outlook back on I then tried to restore my backup using the same program. But it runs through the restore procedure without any problems and when I open Outlook up again most of the emails are not there. Outlook Backup has restored my deleted items and my sent items and also all of my accounts as th...

How to reopen and make changes to a closed contract
I have been reading the blog from ms dynamics team about opening and changing a closed appointment: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/03/08/how-to-reopen-a-closed-appointment-and-make-changes-to-the-file.aspx I'm trying to do the same thing with a contract. the code I used is almost the same. I changed "Appointment" with "Contract" and the state and state Reason: state code : ' <ContractState>Active</ContractState>'+ state Reason: ' <ContractStatus>3</ContractStatus>'+ see also http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a...

How do I make the toolbar in my 'trial' of Publisher 2007 work?
nothing is active except the select all button. i can't edit or create anything. not making me want to buy the full version. thanks to anyone who has any ideas. j jives wrote: > nothing is active except the select all button. i can't edit or create > anything. not making me want to buy the full version. > thanks to anyone who has any ideas. > > j ======================= Maybe the tutorials at the following site will get you started: Publisher 2007 Creating a publication http://tinyurl.com/32ew4l -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP D...

Make Outlook 2003 & MSN Calendar interwined
I just installed Microsoft Outlook 2003 Live. When I call up the calendars, I can't mesh any of my calendars - MSN Calendar nor Hotmail Calendar. I was hoping that the info I had on my desktop 2003 would be transfered to both or one of the calendars on the web. In the past, I was able to sync my desktop with the hotmail calendar. Therefore, no matter where I am in the worls I can see my calandar. I am assuming you should be able to do that with 2003 Live and Outlook Connector. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions w...