Make User Date update on 24/7 Great Plains session.

I'm using Great Plains 8.  I have a 24/7 SOP Great Plains process running on
the server.  The orders imported use the 'User Date" to set the imported
order's 'Order Date' value.  The User Date does not increment on it's own.

Can anyone tell me a way to update the User Date on this un-attended Great
Plains session?

Thanks!

Kevin R

0
russellk (71)

How about a GP macro that changes the user date and then add that macro to
run using Windows Scheduled Tasks?  Never tried it but should work.

"Kevin R" wrote:

> I'm using Great Plains 8.  I have a 24/7 SOP Great Plains process running on
> the server.  The orders imported use the 'User Date" to set the imported
> order's 'Order Date' value.  The User Date does not increment on it's own.
>
> Can anyone tell me a way to update the User Date on this un-attended Great
> Plains session?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kevin R

0
JTT_IMIT (20)
1/23/2006 8:47:03 PM
Unless you have turned it off (with a Dex.ini setting) the system will have a
dialog pop up and ask you if you want the user date changed when the clock
strikes midnight.  You may be able to use VBA to always answer the dialog
"Yes".

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Kevin R" wrote:

> I'm using Great Plains 8.  I have a 24/7 SOP Great Plains process running on
> the server.  The orders imported use the 'User Date" to set the imported
> order's 'Order Date' value.  The User Date does not increment on it's own.
>
> Can anyone tell me a way to update the User Date on this un-attended Great
> Plains session?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kevin R

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

After Re-Install
HELP!!! After a crash and a re-install of Office we are now getting user name and password errors in Outlook 2002. We can access the same accounts via a www interface with the same account information. PLEASE help. I've downloaded all the service packs for XP and Office and I've tried un-installing and re-installing including deleting all of the profile information I can find and deleting Outlook's registry, but to no avail. I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be fabulous. Please e-mail Monica@ViaSollertia.co.nz Thanks so much!!! Monica ...

cannot install document image writer on windows 7 64 bit from offi
several times i tried to go through the steps to update my microsoft office suite 2007 to allow me to use document image writer with no success. the process i took was: 1. Close all running applications. If you have any Office application running, the driver will not be installed properly. 2. Go to "Control Panel" and "Add or Remove Programs". 3. Click on "Microsoft Office 2003" and then click on "Change". 4. Check "Add or Remove Features" and click "Next". 5. On the bottom of the page check "C...

Add SafePay footer record for date and account number
Union Bank of California has a Positive Pay format that requests a footer record for each day and account number. So if you transmit checks issued on two dates for a single account, the SafePay file would have two footer records--one for each date. Currently, I am only able to create a footer by account, totalling all checks issued for that account (regardless of date), and attributing that total to the Issue Date in the footer record. Union Bank reads the issue date on the footer, and sees that the checks issued on that date do not match the footer total, causing them to consider th...

IE8 uses 95+% of cpu after update to sp3
I just updated to XP sp3 and did updates after that and IE8 is running so slow. I loaded task manager to see what was happening and IE8 was using up to 99%. My system was a slow XP sp2 but did a disk clean and defrag and it was running a lot faster. Apps load and run faster after sp3 but not IE8. Thanks for any suggestions mx5 wrote: > I just updated to XP sp3 and did updates after that and IE8 is > running so slow. I loaded task manager to see what was happening > and IE8 was using up to 99%. > > My system was a slow XP sp2 but did a disk clean and defrag and...

Amex/Costco account update not working
Wondering if anyone else is having issues update and Amex/Costco account in 2006 version. It was working on 2004 version but has been broken since the upgrade. Andrew, Downloads from Amex/Costco work fine here. Explain what "issues" are you experiencing? Kevin "Andrew" <justme@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:42efdc69_1@newsfeed.slurp.net... > Wondering if anyone else is having issues update and Amex/Costco account > in 2006 version. It was working on 2004 version but has been broken since > the upgrade. > > Kevin, I had problems wi...

Re: how to make a stealth application
"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote in message " Note that I cannot install software on my email machine when logged in as 'email'. I have to log off, log in as admin, install the software, and then log back in as 'email'. Worth pointing out that some children who build antispam software only allow the software to run for the installing userid, not have it installed system-wide by a sysadmin. A waste of money." Sir, I am 100% agree with you in above case, but i am just puting my point here, Please i am very-2 grateful if you point out anything that i have ...

FWD: See this corrective update which comes from the Microsoft
--aolkeahgr Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wbqnfbpivy"; type="multipart/alternative" --wbqnfbpivy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lzvglunuqmeli" --lzvglunuqmeli Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the se...

How to make a column of formulas all ROUND
I created a spreadsheet in which I have a column of formulas. Most of these fomulas are simply pulling a single number off another sheet. I want to make all the formulas ROUND versions of the existing formula without having to go into each cell and making the change. They are not in order to which I can just make the first fomula a ROUND fomula and copy down. So, is there a way to select a range of cells and make the existing fomulas all ROUND versions? Thanks. Would this help? Sub RoundAdd() Dim mystr As String Dim cel As Range For Each cel In Selection If...

550 5.7.1 relay error messae
I have select number of Clients (3) out of 27 who we can not send emails to, they are in a separate domain from ours. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test 4:35pm Sent: 2/27/2007 4:34 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Sean ***** on 2/27/2007 4:34 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail.n*******.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for tsc16.****.****@***.local> Rhodes.messiah@gmail.com wrote in news:1172615546.953350.313930 @j...

Identifying other users
I am looking to display a message box, automatically, to identifying any other users currently accessing a privately networked excel file when that file is first opened. So that in the event of a 'read only' scenario they know who to contact. A share option is not appropriate in this particular case. ...

End user wants to create items in Global Address List
I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do this? Douglas he would have to have Exchange permissions, and that isn't a particularly good idea... "Douglas McIver" <douglas@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OFGd$QhiEHA.1104@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and > entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do > this? > > Douglas > > ...

Updating large pivot source data
Hello, I'm experiencing the following problem with a very simple macro in Excel 2007 to update pivot table data source. That is, my data has more than 74000 rows and I'm trying to update the source data with the following code: Sub Macro1() Dim rng1 As Range Set rng1 = Sheets("Test_sheet").Range("A1:A74000") ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot-taulukko1").ChangePivotCache ActiveWorkbook. _ PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:=rng1, _ Version:=xlPivotTableVersion12) End Sub The problem is that the code ...

SMTP Connector #7
I have Exchange 2000 Ent w/ (2) servers under the same site..Single domain. One server holds mailbox store and public folder store, the other server only functions as a chat server. I installed SMTP on the server with the mailbox store, configured firewall for SMTP traffic, etc...everything works fine. I now want to move the SMTP connector to the chat server which holds no mailboxes...The mail should still be delivered to the server with mailboxes but somehow it is not. I can see SMTP connections bring made to the chat server after I re-configured the firewall but no mail is being deli...

allow user to highlight field on form
I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used to input comments about the the person and has several memo fields. The user wants to be able to highlight a field if the information is important and needs to be highlighted to other users of the system. I cannot use conditional formatting because the decision to highlight the field is made by the user depending on different circumstances. Any help would be appreciated On Mon, 3 May 2010 16:52:01 -0700, aussiebob wrote: > I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used...

Formula for Date
I'm new to formulas and just want to display the current date in my outlook form (e.g., December 18, 2004). What I've done is created a combination text field where I have the following fields: [Email Opening Date] [Full Name] [Job Title] [Company] [Business Address] Dear [Full Name]: When I send a new message, I then copy the values into my email instead of copying the data (name, title, address, salutation) one field at a time. This allows me to personalize the email. The problem is that I do not know what to do to with formulas to show the current date as I note above. Thank...

Bank Acct Auto Update without sync to MSN
I would like to have my accts auto update without syncing to the MSN website. I would also like to not use the passport password. When I remove the pasport password and create a local password, I no longer am able to auto update from my bank. Do I have to have the MSN passport and web access to do this? If not, how do I do this? I have Money 2005 Deluxe on an Windows XP Pro system. I am creating a new money file so I can wipe clean and try anything new. thanks!! In microsoft.public.money, fire_317 wrote: >I would like to have my accts auto update without syncing to the MSN we...

the same outbound SMTP address for multible users
Hi group Her is a tricky one Is it possible to configure Microsoft Exchange 2003 recipients so the emails seems to be comming from the same sender SMTP address e.x. info@domain.com when the sends email outside the organisation (not internal) it must be done on the server level and not in Outlook using "From" field Thanks in advance B.Hansen MCP Denmark On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 21:25:12 +0100, "Bjarne Hansen" <bhansen1@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi group > >Her is a tricky one >Is it possible to configure >Microsoft Exchange 2003 recipients so the emails see...

Where did windows 7 forum go ????
????? Why doesn't M$ just create another room HERE for Windows 7 like they always did to their new OS'es? I don't know about you guys, but I'm TIRED of signing up to hundreds and hundreds of badly designed web forums. Each one requiring my e-mail address (for later spam) and different password rules. -------- Original Message -------- Subject: Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 12:26:53 -0700 (UTC) From: nntp@microsoft.com Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early sum...

Windows 7 Clients
Using MS Dynamics GP Standard 10.00.1301 Considering upgrading from Vista Ulimate 64 to Windows 7 Ulimate 64. Any know issues I should know? Take a look at my articles: "The Technology Corner: Windows 7 and Microsoft Dynamics GP 10" at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/09/technology-corner-windows-7-and.html "The Technology Corner: Windows 7 and Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 Update" at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/09/technology-corner-windows-7-and_20.html Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www....

Are my tasks visible to other users?
Hi Sandra, It is possible to share tasks with other users if you are on an Microsoft Exchange Server. In Outlook 2003, click on Tasks, and in the Navigation Pane (The column on the left side of the Outlook window) click on Share My Tasks if available. This option is not available unless you are using an Exchange Server e-mail account. It is on the Permissions tab that you can set whether or not you would like to share your tasks with other users. You can specify the people who can access your Tasks, as well as their permissions. Important If you select the Private check box in a Ta...

Smartlist MDA lookup is missing the GL Posting Date.
There is two different dates in the MDA tables, one is for Posting Date and the other is the Transaction date. The DTA10100 table has a TRXDATE field, which is actually the GL Posting Date, and the DTA10200 table contains the same field name, TRXDATE, which is the Transaction Date from the sub-module. In Smart List, it only allows us to look at the Transaction Date from the DTA10200 and the customers want to look up the MDA records by the GL Posting Date, which Smart List doesn't allow. We need to add the Date from the DTA10100 table as the GL Posting Date. ---------------- This p...

How to exclude one user from being affected by mailbox limits.
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003 Stadard Edition. We have put a 300MB limit on the mailbox store. However we would like the manager to have a 500MB limit but we can't find anything that would exclude him from being affected from the limits. Can someone shed some light on this for me please? Thanks for your help, Jamie In news:5ACF0054-7FAB-45B8-89D4-41F4359376A2@microsoft.com, Jamie Tanner <JamieTanner@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > We are using Exchange 2003 Stadard Edition. > > We have put a 300MB limit on the mailbox store. However we would like...

Format Cells Date (or any change) not working on imported data
Hello, I've just spent ages researching this and not come up with what I need to be able to do. I have a worksheet for some simple data that has been imported, a date, text and number column (as they display graphically to the end user). All are a "general" format when using Format > Cells. The issue I have is that the date information is in an American date format and I would like to change them into a UK date format. Format > Cells and selecting any option (including custom and special) makes no changes to the imported data. I have seen the work arounds whereby you sp...

Shared calendars
I am implementing a new mail domain (e2k3) on a Windows 2003 AD structure. I have about 1200 users in the new domain, nobody is using it yet though, they were migrated from another AD domain. These users will all have new mail accounts on my new exchange box, but I have been asked to set it up so that ALL users have READ access BY DEFAULT to ALL other users CALENDAR only. I see where I can give them full control to the entire mailbox, but where can I give them specific control to just the calendars? Hi, Why do not create a Public Folder with a general Calendar on it and grant access t...

Convert Date Field to Text
I have created 2 tables, a Day table and Month table. I have two fields in both, Day table has Day, Text; Month table has Month, Text. I have a query combining the two so the query has Day, Days_Text, Month, Months_Text. What i wanted to do on one of my forms is have a date field using the short date so i can have the numeric value of course, is if the day of the month format is 'dd' or 'mm' it would look into either the table or query and bring back the text value, same for the month. Example: day '11', would read 'Eleventh', and month '09' would r...