make checks on the fly a double entry through accounts payable

with checks on the fly the step of posting to accounts payable is bypassed 
and this creates an out of balance issue between the cash account and the GL 
cash account

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the 
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I 
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this 
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then 
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6011e2d4-0e46-45cd-94a1-b6e64e647bbf&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
2/23/2007 7:20:40 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

5 Replies
513 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 48

That is absolutely, 100%, FALSE. 

What causes you to believe that this is the case?

-- 
Lyle U


jtaylor-cwm wrote:

> with checks on the fly the step of posting to accounts payable is
> bypassed and this creates an out of balance issue between the cash
> account and the GL cash account
> 
> ----------------
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
> the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
> click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
> button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
> Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> 
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow
> ser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6011e2d4-0e46-45cd-94a1-b6e64e647bbf&dg=mic
> rosoft.public.greatplains
0
lyleu (305)
2/23/2007 7:50:19 PM
Yes, I don't understand that either.
While yes, you bypassing the AP account, your 2 account types are Expense 
and Cash
There should be NO posting to your ap account in this instance.
Mike

"Lyle U" <lyleu@nowhere.net> wrote in message 
news:xn0f2sua187a5x000@msnews.microsoft.com...
> That is absolutely, 100%, FALSE.
>
> What causes you to believe that this is the case?
>
> -- 
> Lyle U
>
>
> jtaylor-cwm wrote:
>
>> with checks on the fly the step of posting to accounts payable is
>> bypassed and this creates an out of balance issue between the cash
>> account and the GL cash account
>>
>> ----------------
>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
>> the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
>> click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
>> button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
>> Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow
>> ser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6011e2d4-0e46-45cd-94a1-b6e64e647bbf&dg=mic
>> rosoft.public.greatplains 


0
2/23/2007 7:59:28 PM
I think that what the original poster is referring to happens when the dates 
of the invoice and the payment 'on the fly' are in different months.  In 
that case the GL entry (cash and expense) hits the GL on the posting date of 
the transaction, but the payment hits the Bank Rec module on the payment 
date entered.

To me, this is more of a training issue.  The 'check on the fly' feature was 
NOT meant to handle crossing months and should not be used this way.  If the 
AP invoice and payment are in different months, they should be entered as 2 
separate transactions.

-- 
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP
Flexible Solutions, Inc.


"Mike G" <mgreymontnospam@nospammhgcg.com> wrote in message 
news:uX7reU4VHHA.5092@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Yes, I don't understand that either.
> While yes, you bypassing the AP account, your 2 account types are Expense 
> and Cash
> There should be NO posting to your ap account in this instance.
> Mike
>
> "Lyle U" <lyleu@nowhere.net> wrote in message 
> news:xn0f2sua187a5x000@msnews.microsoft.com...
>> That is absolutely, 100%, FALSE.
>>
>> What causes you to believe that this is the case?
>>
>> -- 
>> Lyle U
>>
>>
>> jtaylor-cwm wrote:
>>
>>> with checks on the fly the step of posting to accounts payable is
>>> bypassed and this creates an out of balance issue between the cash
>>> account and the GL cash account
>>>
>>> ----------------
>>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
>>> the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
>>> click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
>>> button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
>>> Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow
>>> ser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6011e2d4-0e46-45cd-94a1-b6e64e647bbf&dg=mic
>>> rosoft.public.greatplains
>
> 


0
victoria (3340)
2/24/2007 12:06:43 PM
Yes Victoria you are correct, I failed to mention the different months 
factor, my apologies. I appreciate your input. The simple solution would be 
to not write checks on the fly for invoices dated in a different month. 
Unfortunately we do not always have that choice. When that occurs we then 
have an additional item to track on our bank reconciliation, or an adjustment 
that we need to reverse in the month that the check clears (which may or may 
not be the next month). In addition there is no tracking method as there is 
in payables to follow these types of entries, unless I am missing something 
(which is very possible). Perhaps just an auto reverse option on adjustments 
within the Bank Rec module would be beneficial. Thanks again for your input 
and I appreciate any suggestions anyone may have.


"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> I think that what the original poster is referring to happens when the dates 
> of the invoice and the payment 'on the fly' are in different months.  In 
> that case the GL entry (cash and expense) hits the GL on the posting date of 
> the transaction, but the payment hits the Bank Rec module on the payment 
> date entered.
> 
> To me, this is more of a training issue.  The 'check on the fly' feature was 
> NOT meant to handle crossing months and should not be used this way.  If the 
> AP invoice and payment are in different months, they should be entered as 2 
> separate transactions.
> 
> -- 
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> 
> 
> "Mike G" <mgreymontnospam@nospammhgcg.com> wrote in message 
> news:uX7reU4VHHA.5092@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> > Yes, I don't understand that either.
> > While yes, you bypassing the AP account, your 2 account types are Expense 
> > and Cash
> > There should be NO posting to your ap account in this instance.
> > Mike
> >
> > "Lyle U" <lyleu@nowhere.net> wrote in message 
> > news:xn0f2sua187a5x000@msnews.microsoft.com...
> >> That is absolutely, 100%, FALSE.
> >>
> >> What causes you to believe that this is the case?
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Lyle U
> >>
> >>
> >> jtaylor-cwm wrote:
> >>
> >>> with checks on the fly the step of posting to accounts payable is
> >>> bypassed and this creates an out of balance issue between the cash
> >>> account and the GL cash account
> >>>
> >>> ----------------
> >>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
> >>> the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
> >>> click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
> >>> button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
> >>> Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >>>
> >>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow
> >>> ser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6011e2d4-0e46-45cd-94a1-b6e64e647bbf&dg=mic
> >>> rosoft.public.greatplains
> >
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
2/26/2007 2:45:20 PM
I would like to add one thing to this that some of my customers ask and it 
primarily deals with reporting to the banks is that when you do a check on a 
fly it does the in and out for the AP and cash account like sales order 
processing does if you click the option on the company setup.  For some 
reason some of my clients banks request that so they have to post the voucher 
and then cut the check.

"jtaylor-cwm" wrote:

> Yes Victoria you are correct, I failed to mention the different months 
> factor, my apologies. I appreciate your input. The simple solution would be 
> to not write checks on the fly for invoices dated in a different month. 
> Unfortunately we do not always have that choice. When that occurs we then 
> have an additional item to track on our bank reconciliation, or an adjustment 
> that we need to reverse in the month that the check clears (which may or may 
> not be the next month). In addition there is no tracking method as there is 
> in payables to follow these types of entries, unless I am missing something 
> (which is very possible). Perhaps just an auto reverse option on adjustments 
> within the Bank Rec module would be beneficial. Thanks again for your input 
> and I appreciate any suggestions anyone may have.
> 
> 
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> 
> > I think that what the original poster is referring to happens when the dates 
> > of the invoice and the payment 'on the fly' are in different months.  In 
> > that case the GL entry (cash and expense) hits the GL on the posting date of 
> > the transaction, but the payment hits the Bank Rec module on the payment 
> > date entered.
> > 
> > To me, this is more of a training issue.  The 'check on the fly' feature was 
> > NOT meant to handle crossing months and should not be used this way.  If the 
> > AP invoice and payment are in different months, they should be entered as 2 
> > separate transactions.
> > 
> > -- 
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Dynamics GP MVP
> > Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> > 
> > 
> > "Mike G" <mgreymontnospam@nospammhgcg.com> wrote in message 
> > news:uX7reU4VHHA.5092@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> > > Yes, I don't understand that either.
> > > While yes, you bypassing the AP account, your 2 account types are Expense 
> > > and Cash
> > > There should be NO posting to your ap account in this instance.
> > > Mike
> > >
> > > "Lyle U" <lyleu@nowhere.net> wrote in message 
> > > news:xn0f2sua187a5x000@msnews.microsoft.com...
> > >> That is absolutely, 100%, FALSE.
> > >>
> > >> What causes you to believe that this is the case?
> > >>
> > >> -- 
> > >> Lyle U
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> jtaylor-cwm wrote:
> > >>
> > >>> with checks on the fly the step of posting to accounts payable is
> > >>> bypassed and this creates an out of balance issue between the cash
> > >>> account and the GL cash account
> > >>>
> > >>> ----------------
> > >>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
> > >>> the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
> > >>> click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
> > >>> button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
> > >>> Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >>>
> > >>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow
> > >>> ser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6011e2d4-0e46-45cd-94a1-b6e64e647bbf&dg=mic
> > >>> rosoft.public.greatplains
> > >
> > > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
TimL (7)
3/10/2007 1:08:00 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

school accounts
I cannot seem to get Outlook to cooperate with my email account through my school. I'm not even sure where to start with setting up my account. Any help is appreciated You should start by contacting your school mail administrator to ask for the server and logon details :-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "GoingNuts" <GoingNuts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:213599C6-7913-4FE6-9DCE-70A358128E46@microsoft.com...

Publisher
trying to create a newsletter to be sent via email - all recipients don't have MS Publisher - if I convert the publisher file to a pdf will all be able to see it? Yep - and that's my choice of formats for an emailed newsletter. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Lisa B" <Lisa B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2BE6285-0F2F-4D4D-9D06-2179BEF168C1@microsoft.com... > trying to create a newsletter to be sent via email - all recipients don't > have MS Publisher - if I convert the publisher file to a pdf will all be > able >...

setting up account for outlook?
Can anyone help me? Im new at this and would like to e-mail a friend whos over in iraq! Talk to your ISP - they will give you all the information you need to set up your account. We cannot. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rasheem asked: | Can anyone help me? Im new at this and would like to e-mail a friend | whos over in iraq! ...

How to make autostart programs in USB stick memory
Hi. Some said, when USB memory stick putting on PC, it can start autostart programs, like Autorun.inf of CD-R. Does any know how to do it? Thanks, M.M. M.Miura wrote: > Some said, when USB memory stick putting on PC, it can start > autostart programs, like Autorun.inf of CD-R. Does any know > how to do it? Same way. Most systems these days have autorun disabled. ;-) (for good reason.) -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html M.Miura wrote: > Hi. > > Some ...

How do I make 1 and 1/2 cups look like 1 1/2?
I do not want it to look like eleven. How do I make the 1/2 part look better to create one and one half cups? Alt+0189 or Insert, symbol... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Shelby" <Shelby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDAA93B5-3197-4908-B67D-076DDAF05E81@microsoft.com... >I do not want it to look like eleven. How do I make the 1/2 part look better > to create one and one half cups? Shelby wrote: > I do not want it to look like eleven. How do I make the 1/2 part look be...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK)
i have hidden the form of getting $500 to your PAYPAL ACCOUNT....CLICK on the IMAGE which is on the RIGHT SIDE of the website http://tricks-4u.4-all.org/ ...

how i can make the numbers
hi i am fatih fistly sorry my english is not good my trouble is haw can i will write the number of the contribution for example 1.000.000.000 =yaziyla(b42) (one milyar) and tahan my office version is turkish version thank you so your company will interesting my problem Fatih, If I understand you correctly, you want a formula to translate numbers to words (in Turkish). Laurent Longre has a language version of an function which offers this capability. It is at http://longre.free.fr/english/ I don't know if it supports Turkish, but if not, send me the Turkish words for all...

Is there a way to have 2 Outlook email accounts open at the same .
Currently I have to close one email account before checking my second email account, which I do all day long and is a bit of a nuisance. Please help! There's got to be a way that I can keep both open and just click on the bar on the bottom of the page to go from one to the other with ease ... please tell me how to do that! Thank you!!! -- Diane It's so easy to do, I'm sure that's why you missed it. Tools > Email Accounts... > Add the other accounts. Each will show in the same Outlook window, but in different PSTs. bondg "Diane" <Diane@discuss...

export email account #2
was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? Getho You can try using the Microsoft Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard. "Getho" <gethinc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42bbb2d5$0$27710$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au... > was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature > is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? ...

Can you make a crossword puzzle by putting the words in?
I have to make a crossword puzzle for one of my classes, and was wondering if there is a program on my computer that will show me how to make the crossword puzzles. If you can help that would be great. Perhaps this MS link would be of interest: http://www.microsoft.com/education/Crossword.aspx "Design a Crossword Puzzle in Microsoft Excel" -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Kat" wrote: > I have to make a crossword puzzle for one of my classes, and was wondering if > there is ...

Limited User Account
I am thinking of buying Microsoft Money Plus 2008 to use on a computer with Windows XP. I read in the user guide that I must install it with an administrator account, which I would expect. After it is installed, can I import data from Quicken 2006 and use MS Money Plus from a limited user account? The reason I ask is I do all my routine work with a limited user account and only use the administrator account when absolutely necessary. Gerry In microsoft.public.money, Geber wrote: >I am thinking of buying Microsoft Money Plus 2008 to use on a computer >with Windows XP. I read in the...

excel chart showing movable graph at what point we make a profit
in a business would like to make a chart based on accumulated Earnings & Profit/Loss for year to date, perhaps movable showing our break even point and by moving chart to a another earnings figure what profit we should make. For example put in earnings for YTD Profit/Loss YTD then I can move the earnings part of the chart to show what our profit would be for a given earnings figure. Alternatively If For example if we earn $200 for year so far and profit is $0 but any amount over that is 18% profit so I can move chart line to say $240 and it will say what profit I will make. Hope ...

Bug in receiving entry. error calculating Prev Qty Shipped
Dynamics GP Bug Report, version 9.0 service pack 1. Version Information: 9.00259 Location: Receiving Transaction Entry Description: As one enters receiving transactions lines and adjusts the Qty Shipped, the quantity previously shipped is calculated incorrectly. This PO transaction was for a quantity of 120. A quantity of 15 were received on a previous shipment. The Qty previously shipped should display 120-15-30=75 not 45. To make this error occur continue to change the Qty Shipped. Sometimes the error will occur quickly, other times it might take 25 changes. Products Load...

Account Category Setups
Is there any limit on the number of account category setups that can be added? I've added a new catedgory, but I can't see it on the FRx side. I'm to a point where the FRx numbers I see are @ 145 as to the category label (since I can't see descriptions. Thanks Merle, There is not a one stop fix for this issue and you may want to follow the steps outlined in KB article 873974 to resolve. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Merle Schwickerath" wrote: > Is there any limit ...

how do you make pictures your slide background
iam am trying to make a map of the hundred years war my actual background not tryng to make a picture slideshow in ppt. 2003, in the same way you can change the back ground fill or make a whole new slide design also how do you make i template in ppt. i kinda forgot This should get you started: Design efficiently with masters: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC011536491033 Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "ppthelp" <ppthelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Outlook keeps making itself Default
Hi, Everytime I start Outlook it takes over as default for email and addresses even though I have that option unchecked in outlook, and in IE I set OE Express as default, yet each time I launch outlook it takes over as Default, any ideas TIA Wayne ...

HOWTO Make CDialog's with ActiveX in a LIB.
HOWTO Make CDialog's with ActiveX in a LIB. Please help, I'm having a heck of a time trying to get a CDialog derrived class host a single ActiveX control (the CWebBrowser control), from a static LIB. When the OnInitDialog for the class call's CDialog::OnInitDialog it bombs inside the DoDataExchange for the DDX_Control of the control. Specifically at dlgdata.cpp line 43, with the following ASSERT: TRACE(traceAppMsg, 0, "Error: no data exchange control with ID 0x%04X.\n", nIDC); The reason why this ASSERT fails is because the CDialog's "m_pCtrlCont" i...

Multiple Resource Entries Against Tasks
I have a project created in Project 2007 which is saved in Project 2000-2003 format as my client only has 2003. Until today this had been fine. However, a really strange problem has ocurred whereby I entered a single resource against a task (on a number of individual tasks) but, on saving, Project allocated the same resource to the task 5 or 6 times. I have attempted to delete these duplicate allocations (by going into task information>resources and selecting & deleting the repeated resource then exiting task information via the save option). Unfortunately, this appear...

How do I make this formula?
I have an Excel worksheet to track my 401k performance. I have a row for Date, the Balance corresponding to each date, Contributions, a formula to calculate my Total Contributions, and a formula to calculate my Total Gain/Loss. My question is, how to I get my Gain/Loss formula to update corresponding to a new Date/Balance? Is there a formula function to make the formula ignore Column data in the previous Rows? Thanks! There will be, just add/subtract items from that row. Can you show us an example with data. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) &...

Account for Incoming email only?
Will Outlook allow a second email account with Incoming mail settings only? For a variety of reasons I cannot set up a second account that includes outgoing server settings and I'd like to be able to check an account with forwarding email all over the galaxy. I was hoping that just setting up my "two-way" email account as the default would solve the problem but it doesn't. Thanks for the help. JanDG <jandg@cableone.net> wrote: > Will Outlook allow a second email account with Incoming mail settings > only? Yes. > For a variety of reasons I cannot set...

POS is making me angry!!!
This program has not seemes to work correctly since the day I bought it. The problem I am having recently is NOTHING will apply. For example: I want to make a buy X get Y discount to apply automatically during a transaction. I set up the discount apply all the items I want to it, and edit it in the item properties, but it won't apply during the transaction. I need 2 receipts to print automatically on a sales transaction. I change that in the receipt format in Manager, but POS still won't print 2 receipts. It's very irritating, I've restarted all the programs and even r...

can I make cell "yes" equal 1, "no" equal 0
in another cell? =IF(AND(A1<>"yes",A1<>"no"),"",(A1="yes")*1+(A1="no")*0) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "can I make cell yes equal 1, no equa" <can I make cell "yes" equal 1, "no" equa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E222344-E390-4D39-B82D-39586CC55A64@microsoft.com... > Picky but I don't think that you need the " +(A1="no")*0 " Just =IF(AND(A1<>"yes",A1<>"no"),"&quo...

balance on home page disagrees with balance of account
I'm still using Money 2004 (waiting for wildcard support in payee rules before upgrading) and WinXP Pro SP2, fully updated. In case the subject line doesn't adequately explain the problem: Of the many accounts I keep in Money, I have one (and only one) where the *ending* balance on the account page differs from the ending balance shown on the home page. I've tried to repair the file twice (standard method), but, alas, no joy. I'd be extremely grateful for any ideas on how I might fix this. In microsoft.public.money, Stimpy Stimperson wrote: >I'm still using Money ...

Enable Double sided printing contiuously when printing multiple s.
When printing the 'entire workbook' I am not able to print continuously double sided. Each seperate sheet is an individual print item and so when the sheet has an odd number of pages the last sheet is blank I am not sure what you say but if the sheet has no data then it will not print. Excel does not print blanke sheets. >-----Original Message----- >When printing the 'entire workbook' I am not able to print continuously >double sided. Each seperate sheet is an individual print item and so when the >sheet has an odd number of pages the last sheet is blank &g...

Multiple Accounts held at the SAME Institution with DIFFERENT logons
I am trying to sync Money 2006 to my Banc of America Investment Services accounts. I have two accounts with two DIFFERENT logons, an IRA and a regular brokerage. Money will sync fine to one or the other, but I can't set it up to sync to both because when I click on Online Services it is already setup so I can't add a different login, etc. -- Daniel Blackmon Project Lead - Software Engineer Worldwide Environmental Products Inc. In microsoft.public.money, Daniel wrote: >I am trying to sync Money 2006 to my Banc of America Investment Services >accounts. I have two accounts w...