Maintenance of Business Alerts - Window Closes

Go to Cards --> System --> Business Alert
I then select an existing Business Alert.
I then choose [Modify Alert].
This initiates the configuration Wizard.
Once the wizard has completed, I would expect it to return to the Business
Alert Maintenance window. It does not! This means I have to open the window
again (and enter the system password) to move onto the next Business Alert
needed for maintenance.

The Business Alert Maintenance window does not get closed if the [Schedule
Notification] or the [Print/Remove History] button is chosen.

This indicates inconsistency.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=685be34a-7c16-498f-98be-e6a97d208404&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Tang (6)

Can't confirm Windows Update is working
Not sure how to do this, but here goes. Have a student running XP SP3 who wants to know that she's up to date with her updates. Windows settings say automatic updates are on. When she tries to run the manual update it fails. Windows suggests settings, which we set, but to no avail. Downloaded latest WU utility, still nothing. Tried the NJR fix, nothing. Just downloaded the REGISTERY.BAT file I found here, and will try it and post results here. Please let me know what additional information you need and what I need to do to allow her to simply click on the Windows Update and s...

CRM 4.0 Setting Permissions for Business Units and Users
Hi, We have 4 business units under the main Organization unit. We have Salespeople and Technicians within each Business Unit Accounts may be serviced by any or all of the business units. Business Unit Managers are to see all records serviced by their Business Unit. Sales people are to see only the Accounts they work with. I added multiple n:1 relationships ... User to Account ..... to contain the salesperson that works with that Account I also added multiple n:1 relationships Business Unit to Account ... to contain the Business Units that work with the Account. I assumed that if ...

Open a closed purchase order
I have a closed purchased order with all of its lines closed. However, I would like to reopen these purchase order lines as they are have not been matched yet. I go to edit purchase orders and changed the status of the purchase order to change and processed it. So far, everything is fine. Now, on the edit purchase order window, if I change the status of the purchase order line from closed to anything else, the system does not allow me. How can I reopen the closed purchase order lines. ...

outlook.exe does not close correct
hello, i do not expect a solution but perhaps one of the microsoft people read this here. i have several add ins to outlook, using a fax program, a palm and a mobile phone. all a synchonized with outlook. it seems that outlook is not able to exit correctly if so many add ins or programs try to use it. the same problem is discribed in the following posting (only the june 2004 postings). is there a patch? http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=2343601c45eb8%2437e6ea10%24a601280a%40phx.gbl&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Doutlook.exe%2Btask%2Bmanager%26num%3D20%...

How do you add/remove Windows 7 components?
How do you add/remove Windows 7 components, like games media centre, etc. "computerkiller" <computerkiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B005B581-11F2-4F8D-BDF4-A6B27EAB287E@microsoft.com... > How do you add/remove Windows 7 components, like games media centre, etc. As your question has nothing to do with the .NET Framework (the topic supported in this discussion group, please refer to the links below for the Windows 7 support forums: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...

Minimize closes Outlook
For some reason that I can't find, one of my client's Outlook 2003 closes when she clicks on the minimize button. Does anyone know how to change this so that the minimize button just minimizes? jc <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For some reason that I can't find, one of my client's Outlook 2003 > closes when she clicks on the minimize button. It doesn't close. It minimizes to the system tray. If you really need to see the Outlook process in the task bar, click on the Outlook icon in the system tray and uncheck "Hide when Minimized". -...

Color schemes in Windows
Can I change the color schemes in windows without going in and change every single componete in windows ile just one click and it will change every thing Thanks Bob ...

Windows Mail Attachments
How do I retrieve saved attachments? where are they??? They are in the place you saved them to. "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75057EF3-83BD-453D-9773-5BDA1CCA6068@microsoft.com... > How do I retrieve saved attachments? where are they??? What did you do with the original e-mail? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75057EF3-83BD-453D-9773-5BDA1CCA6068@microsoft.com... > How do I retrieve saved attach...

windows mail window
When I press send or receive, I get the emails but an error message appears. There is nothing left in the draft file and I eliminated the email that wouldn't go through. I want to clear this message from the windows mail window. Please help me. Jackie Carpenter What does the error message say? Right-click on it, select Copy, then paste it into a reply here. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "jwcarpenter" <jwcarpenter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B5D0223-EE44-4C4E-9...

Alerts
Hi, Is there any way to have the CRM send an alert when anything changes for an account/contact/opportunity just as sharepoint can do. If not, has anyone written such an addon? Thanks in advance Barry You could do this using a postcallout for the update event if you can code this will provide a starting point http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2creatingacrmpostcalloutobjectusingvisualstudio.asp -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP "Barry Mavin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15f201c46f40$...

browsing to crm site closes browser?
My installation of CRM has completed smoothly (well...it's done without errors, anyway), and users setup, permissions granted in SQL, etc. Now, I try to browse to the CRM site (http://mscrm) from within our network, and the browser closes every time. I'm able to ping the site, and it gives 4 successes. Any ideas? Thanks. Check if you don't have any Popup Killer apps. CRM will close your browser and open a popup window. Fred "Skip Shean" <skipshean@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23pyOjarfDHA.3528@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > My installation of CRM ha...

Excel Documents in Windows Taskbar
Hello, When using Excel, open documents appear in the taskbar with "Microsoft Excel" as a prefix. When working with multiple files, each taskbar entry will then be truncated to allow all of the instances to fit. This results in excel files appearing as "Microsoft Excel" several times, so you can't easily differentiate between them. Is there a setting change which will help? I notice that Word puts the filename as the prefix. This avoids the problem. Thanks ...

CRM 3.0 & Windows 7???
Has anyone out there had any experience with CRM 3.0 and Windows 7? Does it work? Are there specific hot fixes or roll-ups required? What was your overall experience. We are getting new laptops with Windows 7 and have no plans to upgrade to CRM 4.0. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Michele Hi Michele, I haven't heard any specific guidance from MSFT on CRM 3.0 and Windows 7, or heard any customer stories either way. I suggest that you test CRM 3.0 with Windows 7 BEFORE replacing all your laptops. You can download a Windows 7 Enterprise Edition trial from MSFT and t...

skip alert msg
how can i run a macro skipping alert msg? Tks What alert message? If it's the security warning you get opening a workbook having macros in it, that cannot be skipped with code. The user would have to lower his security settings which is not recommended. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "A" <A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22CD5D89-631A-4BE5-9CD4-AADCD76B1E1E@microsoft.com... | how can i run a macro skipping alert msg? | Tks | Hi A, Application.DisplayAlerts = False skips messages like 'Delete sheet. Are you sure?' and performs the [OK] action...

Windows SharePoint Services 6398 Timer
This is a new build, in Jan 2010, of SBS 2008 std. Full patched. Getting loads and loads of these. Log Name: Application Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3 Date: 26/02/2010 08:30:02 Event ID: 6398 Task Category: Timer Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: XXXXXX-SBS.xxxxxx.local Description: The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPSearchJobDefinition (ID 51e6fb53-ed1d-42b8-ad9c-44c9fda18619) threw an exception. More information is included below. The gathe...

transaction window is slow when scrolling
There is this strange problem I have witn M03 on my notebook. When I'm in the transaction window, I use my mouse pads right side (special function on the right side acts as scroll wheel) to scroll up and down instead of dragging the slider up or down. What is happening though is that it will scroll, but then it doesn't stop scrolling immediately. It keeps going, but not only that, it's really slow and laggy. If I try scrolling the opposite direction while it is going, it waits till it's done going one direction, then it goes the other. It's kind of annoying because I don&...

How do I disable Office Clipboard so Copy Paste uses traditional Windows Clipboard
Office 2003 Excel in particular I can not select a cell ... hit CTRL+C ... select another cell ... hit CTRL+V. Paste is never enabled. Apparently the Office Clipboard snags it and this method no longer works. Thanks Bill ... that is a real productivity booster. The only KB article that I can find that related to disabling the Office Clipboard doesn't seem to have an effect. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;207438 Well that article applied to Office 2000. Except for the version 9.0 (now version 10.0 in Office 2003) the AcbControl does not disable the clipboard....

meeting tone alert
Is there a way to set up a bell sound to go off for a meeting on the calander? There is a reminder sound available, if that's what you mean. I don't know what version of Outlook you're using, you can check here (it may be slightly different for your version): Tools > Options > Other (tab) > Advanced Options (button) > Reminder Options (button) Check > Play reminder sound (you can even choose what sound you want if you wish to browse) Click OK -- Kathleen Orland Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon http://...

Linking and Embedding Objects in Mircosoft Outlook Business Mgr.
I was entering information into Outlook Business Manger under Accounts and Business Contacts, and wanted to link invoices from Microsoft Excel onto the Details page of Business Contacts and Accounts pages, and after linking and displaying the icon onto the screen ofthe Details page, I went to save and close, and a message appeared and said"Outlook Business Manager does not support this operation". How can I makethis work?I thought it would be so great to link this to any pertinent information from other files with a clickof the mouse, but it won't save and close. Can someone help...

Close current workbook
I need some VBA code to tell my current workbook to close itself. The problem is, my workbook will not always have the same filename. Users may change the names of their workbook files at any time, so I need a way to close a workbook without referencing the filename associated with a workbook. Is this possible? thank you The workbook with the macro is refered to as THISWORKBOOK. So you can use Thisworkbook.close savechanges:=True or Thisworkbook.close savechanges:=True This will leave the excel application running To close the application and the workbook fi...

How do I find a lost Excel file in Windows XP
Due to problems with new Windows XP, I lost an excel file. The shortcut still points to the location of the file, but is unable to find any file with that name. I have tried a search function but still am unable to find the file Double-check your recycle bin, in case it ha been deleted. Try using partial filenames to search, such as filename.*, file*.* or *.xls in case the file has somehow been renamed. If this fails, try taking the enquiry to a Windows XP newsgroup as this is not an Excel-specific problem. -- Ian -- "m2babs" <m2babs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Windows/MFC bug with TOOLTIPS??
I'm not sure if this bug is in MFC or with the tooltip common control, but I have an MFC application with tooltips enabled for the toolbar. I'm "owner drawing" the tooltips, but I'm having this problem: Button1 Button2 the tooltip for Button1 is "AAAAAA" the tooltip for Button2 is "ZZZZZZZ" On a "slower" machine (1.6ghz), I mouse over button1 and "AAAAAA" pops up just fine, then I mouse over button2 and I see "AAAAAA" moved over button2 for a second before it updates itself to "ZZZZZZZ". What I mean, ...

KB980408 fails to install in Windows 7 x86
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've pasted some text from the WindowsUpdate.log file below. Many thanks in advance. 2010-05-13 06:50:51:855 1120 11fc Report REPORT EVENT: {C48AB1B0-116D-4004-A4FE-DA4C290DBFF3} 2010-05-13 06:50:46:240-0400 1 182 101 {387E57EB-DD48-46A9-A0E7-1523650B7164} 501 80070005 wusa Failure Content Install Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070005: Update for Windows (KB980408). Did you upgrade to Win7? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription ...

Follow up window failing on load
When clicking FOLLOW UP, the FOLLOW UP FORM ASSISTANT won't load... It does this for everyone in the entire organization. I have uninstalled and reinstalled CRM, and it made no difference... I posted before, but got no answer from Microsoft... HELP MICROSOFT! rml We have the same problem. Microsoft reports in Article ID 910052 that the Forms Assistant requires the Due Date (schema name "scheduledend") field on any given form. I have checked this on a couple of our forms, and although I have a due date, the problem still persists. When selecting the Follow-up assistant, th...

We support Windows Server
From http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.windows.server.general/about Top posters This month 50 ace...@mvps.removethispart.org 46 mei...@gmx.de 21 n...@example.com 20 davemi...@newsgroup.nospam 18 n...@microsoft.com 18 savato...@nospam.gmail.com 17 kevinj....@spamfree.gmail.com 17 dspatr...@nospam.gmail.com 16 philwind...@hotmail.com 13 bo...@nospammyhotmail.com All time 7217 anonym...@discussions.microsoft.com 4575 mei...@gmx.de 3494 i....@fly.com 2382 kgafv...@newsilopia.com 1955 dspatr...@nospam.gmail.com 1691 jma...@mvps.org 1632 lanwe.....