Macro to close GP 10.0

Hello,

I've read lots of posts on how to use a macro to close GP - which worked
great for me in versions older than GP 10.0.  But, I have not been able to
duplicate the ability to close GP 10.0 using a macro.  I've tried to create a
macro where the only thing it does is close GP 10.0 and I still couldn't get
it to work.

Thanks in advance!!

Jeffrey,

In version 10, the macro command for exiting the application changed a bit.
Include the following in your macro:

# DEXVERSION=10.0.193.0 2 2
  CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication

That should do it!
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"jeffreyaw77" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've read lots of posts on how to use a macro to close GP - which worked
> great for me in versions older than GP 10.0.  But, I have not been able to
> duplicate the ability to close GP 10.0 using a macro.  I've tried to create a
> macro where the only thing it does is close GP 10.0 and I still couldn't get
> it to work.
>
> Thanks in advance!!
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/7/2008 4:38:01 PM
Hi Mariano,

I'm not that familiar with this so I apologize if I'm missing something.  I
tried to include the code you gave me in a macro that runs the Sales Work
Check Links process, but GP continues to stay open after the Sales Work Check
Links process finishes.  I've put in the logging file line so I don't get the
message that the macro has finished, but GP continues to stay open for me.  I
just added the code you gave me to the bottom of the macro I had created.
Thanks again for your help!!

P.S.  I like reading your Dynamics GP Blogster website, I've used code from
there as well.  Thanks for sharing all of your info!!

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Jeffrey,
>
> In version 10, the macro command for exiting the application changed a bit.
> Include the following in your macro:
>
> # DEXVERSION=10.0.193.0 2 2
>   CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication
>
> That should do it!
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "jeffreyaw77" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've read lots of posts on how to use a macro to close GP - which worked
> > great for me in versions older than GP 10.0.  But, I have not been able to
> > duplicate the ability to close GP 10.0 using a macro.  I've tried to create a
> > macro where the only thing it does is close GP 10.0 and I still couldn't get
> > it to work.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!!
Jeffrey,

Thanks for the background on what you are trying to accomplish. As I
suspected, the reason the application is not quiting is 3-fold:

1) The Navigation Pane is an internal Dexterity window, so when control is
returned from the check links process, the focus immediately goes back to the
navigation pane, not the work area form (BuiLtin form). You will need to
disable the navigation pane via User Preferences

2) Macros and Progress Windows are enemies. See the next reason for more info.

3) As a result of 2, you will need to bypass the report destination output
from screen to file. You will need to save to a file (appending always) and
avoid trying to close the screen output window.

Here is what worked for me:

# DEXVERSION=10.0.193.0 2 2
  CommandExec dictionary 'default'  form 'Command_System' command
NavigationPane
  CommandExec dictionary 'default'  form 'Command_System' command
'SY_Check_Links'
NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form 'SY_Check_Links' window 'Check Links'
  ClickHit field 'File Series' item 2  # 'Sales'
  MoveTo field Source item 0
  ClickHit field Source item 19  # 'Sales Work'
  MoveTo field 'Insert>> Button I'
  ClickHit field 'Insert>> Button I'
  MoveTo field 'OK Button'
  ClickHit field 'OK Button'
NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form 'Report_Destination' window
'Report_Destination'
  MoveTo field 'Print to File'  # 'FALSE'
  ClickHit field 'Print to File'  # 'TRUE'
  MoveTo field 'File Export Name'
  TypeTo field 'File Export Name' , 'test.txt'
  MoveTo field 'Export File Type' item 0
  ClickHit field 'Export File Type' item 1  # 'Text file'
  MoveTo field 'OK Button'
  ClickHit field 'OK Button'
# NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form sheLL window sheLL
# ActivateWindow dictionary 'default'  form 'Progress_Control' window
'Progress_Window'
# NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form sheLL window sheLL
# Print To File:  'File Maintenance Error Report'
  CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication

As you can see I have commented out the progress window (# before the
CommandExec form BuilLtin line) focus from the macro. This was causing macro
to fail.

Well, now that you mentioned it, I should probably write this one up for my
blog. Thanks and keep in tune with it since I try to write as often as I can.

Best regards,

--

"jeffreyaw77" wrote:

> Hi Mariano,
>
> I'm not that familiar with this so I apologize if I'm missing something.  I
> tried to include the code you gave me in a macro that runs the Sales Work
> Check Links process, but GP continues to stay open after the Sales Work Check
> Links process finishes.  I've put in the logging file line so I don't get the
> message that the macro has finished, but GP continues to stay open for me.  I
> just added the code you gave me to the bottom of the macro I had created.
> Thanks again for your help!!
>
> P.S.  I like reading your Dynamics GP Blogster website, I've used code from
> there as well.  Thanks for sharing all of your info!!
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Jeffrey,
> >
> > In version 10, the macro command for exiting the application changed a bit.
> > Include the following in your macro:
> >
> > # DEXVERSION=10.0.193.0 2 2
> >   CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication
> >
> > That should do it!
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "jeffreyaw77" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I've read lots of posts on how to use a macro to close GP - which worked
> > > great for me in versions older than GP 10.0.  But, I have not been able to
> > > duplicate the ability to close GP 10.0 using a macro.  I've tried to create a
> > > macro where the only thing it does is close GP 10.0 and I still couldn't get
> > > it to work.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!!
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

GP 10.0 Fresh Installation
I am trying to install GP 10.0 Trial Version on my laptop. Once when I tried half-way through the installation I had to abort installation. Subsequently after uninstalling all the installed component I restarted installation. Pre-requisite component installation window appears and installs Dextrity components. Next when I try installation using Autorun.inf file I get error "Installation Failed". If I try invoking Setup.exe directly nothing happens. Can someone help me? Hi pvravindran If this is a French Canadian Installation, I would recommend you contact Strophe (www.strop...

Upgrading to 9.0 on Windows Server 2003 64bit Edition
We are upgrading from 7.0 to 9.0. We have new SQL Servers on which we will perform the upgrade and move into production once complete replacing our existing servers. These SQL Servers are running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition. When attempting to install either GP v7.0 or v7.5 the error message "The image file ...\CDSetup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine." is presented and the installation script will not initialize. Is it possible to install GP 7.0 or 7.5 on the 64bit version of Windows Server 2003 or must we install the 32 bit v...

Reg: Tracking emails into MS CRM3.0
Hi Just now I installed MS CRM 3.0 desktop outlook client in my system. I am unable to track more than 1 email into CRM at a time from my Outlook inbox. Is there any way to track more than 1 email into CRM? please let me know......... Thx in advance. Anil V no, you can only do one at a time. If you need to track a lot of e-mail, you should investigate the CRM Exchange Router which will automatically post e-mail for you. Dave Ireland "Anil Kumar V" <AnilKumarV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E965A49-5558-4D7E-836F-A80092F57F30@microsoft.com... > Hi ...

Help with SQL Query 06-30-10
We have a distinct list of email addresses in alpha order and we need to transform it from a single column into a grid of three columns maintaining the alpha order. The list is contained in a temp table inside of our query. We then use the temp table list and perform case statement with a mod on the row_number in a select statement to columnze the data. However, the columnar data contains a null value in two of the three columns and we are needing to remove the nulls and have the actual values on each row in the output. Here is our current sql: CREATE TABLE #tmpTable ( Email_Add...

OL2007, messages don't always close after sending
Let's say I've just finished a spreadsheet and I want to send it to someone. I'll click the big Office button and choose Send -> Email, and up pops a new email message with my spreadsheet attached. All fine so far until I click the Send button (or Alt-S, or Ctrl-Enter, doesn't matter which). The message appears in the Outbox and Outlook will send it, but it also stays open in front of Excel until I click the Close button. I can still make further edits to my workbook, but the email message is in the way and I can't see what I'm doing, until I manually close...

ZIP codes beginning with 0
I'm having trouble getting ZIP codes beginning with 0 to stick, even when specifying ZIP code in the format category type. No matter what I do, the initial 0 always gets dropped. Advice? Thanks. Hi Peter.......... Either pre-format your cells as TEXT, or enter a leading apostrophe before entering the number with the leading 0........the apostrophe won't show, it only forces TEXT formatting on that cell.......... Vaya con Dios,] Chuck, CABGx3 "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ab7001c46836$3382cf70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I&...

Run macro only if
Hi, i need a macro to run if A1 contains "John" and C1 contains "Mari", and if D1 is blank. If this criteria is not mached, then the macro to display a message. Can this be done? Thanks! Hi, Is this what you mean Sub somemacro() Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' change to suit With sht If UCase(.Range("A1")) <> "JOHN" _ Or UCase(.Range("C1")) <> "MARI" _ Or .Range("D1") <> "" Then MsgBox "Criteria not met" Exit Sub End If End With 'Your code End Su...

global macro.xls
I have an Excel file that if I open it on a machine with office 2k not 2k3 and click on cells it gives a message "cant find global macro.xls." No such file exists on my machines, but it works fine in office 2k3. Any thoughts? Interesting. Can you send it to me? You can clear out any proprietary data first it you want. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "spammeblind" <spammeblind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5F2A847-73D9-4937-A181-EA7647B667A5@microsoft.com... |I have an Excel file that if I open it on a machine with office 2k not 2k3 and click on cel...

CRM3.0 Question on Activity
Hello, I am using CRM3.0. I have the following case. 1. Create Campaign 2. Add contact to campaign list 3. Create Campaign activity - Phone call 4. Distribute activity 5. CRM User will make phone call 6. When contact is interest, CRM user will make a "Free Trail" for contact. I am having troble in step 6. So far as I know, I have two choices for "Free Trail". A) Service Activity If I choose to create a service activity, then I can not link up the service activity with the campaign or phone call. B) Appointment If I choose appointment, I can set "regarding"...

MS CRM 3.0 Small B. ed. modules
We have installed Small business server on one computer with all requirements fullfilled. The problem is: we have available only 3 of 5 (or 6) modules: service, settings and workplace. The other 2 - marketing and sales (wich we consider to be the most important) are not available (we can't see them). Does anybody know how to solve the problem? Thank you! Hello, may be i have a solution for you. You have to check the other modules in the following menu: - startpage of CRM - extra - options (--> a new page will be shown) Then click on workplace: there you can...

Outlook 2003 fails to terminate when closed
MS Outlook continues running as a process when terminated (as shown by Task Manager); it disappears from the Applications tab but remains under the Processes tab. If Outlook is reloaded, two copies appear under Processes (albeit the second with only small memory usage) but nothing under Applications. If the two copies are killed (End Process in Task Manager) and Outlook is then reloaded again, I'm informed that Outlook failed to load properly and do I want it loading in Safe Mode now. Outlook loads successfully in either mode, but still leaves a copy of itself behind under Processe...

Historical Stock Status As of Date
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01C8845C.ADFC9B50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I'd like to know whether anyone has encountered an issue wherein the As = of Date that is printed in the Historical Stock Status Detailed by Item = does not follow the date as indicated in the report options screen. = Currently we are trying to print the said report but no matter what date = we put in, the As of Date that prints on the report is set to 30 Jan = 2008. Is there anything that we...

sync outlook and entourage tasks 02-12-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Is it possible to record a task in outlook and have it show up in entourage, and vice versa...? On 2/12/10 2:29 PM, in article 59bb2be3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "cccryer@officeformac.com" <cccryer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Exchange Is it possible to record a task in outlook and have it show up in > entourage, and vice versa...? Entourage for EWS: Notes and Tasks don't sync? <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2010/01/entourage_for_ews_notes_and_ta...

Close opportunity #2
Hello everybody, I know I have no posibility to customise the "opportunityclose" -entity but I need to change some attributes. In my example I like to change the statuscode values. Thanks for your help You need to customize opportunity entity, statuscode attribute (Status Reason) "Gerd Gottschall" <GerdGottschall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73847649-7E5F-443C-9600-BCC2089E3B24@microsoft.com... > Hello everybody, I know I have no posibility to customise the > "opportunityclose" -entity but I need to change some attributes....

Macro to send grab email address and open Outlook
Hi there I am trying to write a simple macro to be able to send an email based on an emai address in a form. tblAgency Details has a field EmailAddress (data type is text) I have a Command Button on a form frmAdd Agency Details to run a macro. Macro name is SendEmail - Action is only SendObject There are only two items in the Action Arguments To: =[EmailAddress] Edit Message: Yes (I only want Outlook to load with the email address) So far it does not work. When I have a field for a Web Address and the data type is a hyperlink that works well for me....

Add a new code macro
I have workbook that I am trying to use with a macro form another post on this form. It inserts a new row with the formulas and contents of the selected row. The problem is that it copies the row below the one selected, and because of this, I can not make a copy of row 2 below the column headers. Any ideas? Thanks. Here is the code: '/=======Start of Code==========================/ Sub InsertRowsAndFillFormulas() 'adds desired # of lines below the current line and ' copies the formulas to that/those lines 'added selection of more than one worksheet ' - Gary L. Brown &#...

Running Office 2004 with network homes on 10.4
Hi. Im really at the end of my tether with office now, for well over a year it seems as though no matter what I do office just behaves like a spoilt brat. Were talking 10-20 minute load times just to load an office app. It will sit there and first it say configuring microsoft office components. then through a host of other things until eventually as i said about 20 minutes later it will actually open. I've seen things about fonts before, but i can tell its not just (if at all) this. I have a reasonably fast network, so i cant see how it is network issues. All clients have networ...

IF Statement 02-17-10
The statement below is working good. I need to add a statement to the end that all other numbers will be 200%. Can someone help, please. =(IF(G6=20,"110%",(IF(G6=25,"110%",(IF(G6=50,"110%") Thank you Tina Try this nut note a couple of things, There are no a lot less parenthesis, yo had too many Ive removed the quites from the percent answers. Format your formula cell as percent with as many or as few decimal places as you want If the formula works for you then that's fine but it 'could' produce unwanted results. For example ...

CRM Certification 10-25-06
I'm wanting to get certified for "Installing and Configuring CRM 3.0" (exam MB2-421), but I can't seem to find ANY info on the Microsoft site, nor can I find training materials. Am I missing something? Any ideas where I can get more info on this exam? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.p...

Formula question 03-03-10
I am trying to complete the following. In s141 i have a drop list with 'yes' and 'no' as possiblities. In x141 i have a drop list with 3 possible choices, .02 , .04 , or .08 g141 is the originating cell p159 is the answer cell. if s141 remains empty or has 'no' chosen from the drop list i need p159 to remain blank, however if 'yes' is in s141 then i need the answer from g141 multiplied by .02 or .04 or .08 (which ever one is chosen from the drop list in x141) to be displayed in p159. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. Scoob...

Lebans tooltip control 10-28-07
I am trying to use the tooltip control on a form with a tab control, on which are the other controls I want to show information for. On controls that are outside the tab control, it works fine; on controls inside the tab control, the tooltip shows on text boxes only when they have the focus, and on check boxes not at all. I've tried every naming scheme for controls I can think of, without any luck. Anybody have any ideas about this??? Is it the same problem as using a subform???? I am using ACCESS 2003 -- Jack Walsh ...

How do I create a new macro in Outlook 2007?
Below is the macro, copied from MS Word, where it works perfectly! In Outlook I get all sorts of error messages and debugging, which I don't understand. Thanks for any help. Sub SafariCare() ' ' SafariCare Macro ' Macro recorded 6/4/2007 by Eva Wilson ' Selection.TypeText Text:= _ "Thank you for your participation in the SafariCare program! " Selection.TypeText Text:= _ " Attached are the program guidelines for your convenience. " Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeText Text:= _ ...

MS POS 1.0 Install error...
Im using XP PRO SP2 ..net 1.1 installed MS SQLServer installed When i try and install MS Point of Sale 1.0 , i get this error message at the end of the install, when it says "Installing and configuring database" ------Error Message------ System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at Microsoft.Rms.Installation.CustomActions.Utilities.OpenSqlPortInFirewall(String installPath, String portNumber, String& errorMessage...

CRM 4.0 Terminal Services support
I have read through the CRM 4.0 planning guide and the "what's new in CRM 4.0" partner guide, and see very little mention of Terminal Services support for the client Outlook 2003/2007 CRM Plugin. One example in the Planning Guide page 4-63 shows a "Terminal Server, Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook" in "Domain B - Forest Y". There also appears to be a discrepancy between these two guides in support for Windows 2000 SP4 - the what's new page 2-11 specifically says it is supported, and the planning guide page 3-29 specifically says it is not. Is t...