Lookup window should default to first record in table

Right now if you click on the looking glass, it opens the window at the
record that is already on the field prior to clicking the looking glass. It
would be nice if it only did that on the change script so if you didn't
change the field at all, when you open the looking glass it brings you to the
first record in the table.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9663a7a8-f9b7-49a4-a1a8-2efb40cc23a6&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Hays (6)

I disagree. I like it starting at the closest record match.

If you have Modifier, you could add code to accomplish what you want.

"Diane Hays" <Diane Hays@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Right now if you click on the looking glass, it opens the window at the
> record that is already on the field prior to clicking the looking glass.
> It
> would be nice if it only did that on the change script so if you didn't
> change the field at all, when you open the looking glass it brings you to
> the
> first record in the table.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9663a7a8-f9b7-49a4-a1a8-2efb40cc23a6&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
callen1071 (408)

Couldn't Find c:\windows\system32\system.mdw Message
Loaded Access 97 on my new Vista Machine and got the above message when I tried to start Access. How do I fix this ? Vista has more stringent rules about who, and how you can write to the System32 (or Windows for that matter) folder. If you have another machine with and unsecured system.mdw file try to copy it to your new one. If it lets you, you are fine, if not you'll need to work with someone in a Vista newsgroup to figure out what the problem is. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JWalker" <JWalker...

Window Redirection?

PA Misc. Log Tables

visual basic

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Getting the BCC field by default.

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

item class table

me too, problem with import... only 15 records
me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my customers crm i need a fast answer.... I dont see a question to answer...? JUAN MARKETING wrote: > me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my > customers crm > > i need a fast answer.... Hehe yeah, what is the question!? what are you trying to import? Sorry, I don't know the reason, bu each time i try to import x number of accounts or contacts, MSCRM only import 15 records... Promise, everything is ok... columns, format csv from excel, size, records.... I say that, becau...

Subquery
Hi, I'm trying to code a subquery on a table but to no avail...it's a very simple table that has Date (short date, just recording the day) and NAV which is a number (double). All I'm wanting to do is have a query that displays the Date, the NAV and the NAV from the day before - only recording business dates. In other words, the subquery number I want is the NAV from the record preceeding the current one. I've got as far as the below, but that just gets the same NAV number as today's: SELECT tblNAV.Date, tblNAV.NAV, (SELECT LAST(x.NAV) FROM tblNAV as X LEFT JOIN tblNAV on...

How to Identify Records with Overlapping Dates
I need to be able to systematically identify any instance where there are overlapping date ranges in a data set. I need to pull records like those listed below out of a larger data set. I previously posted a question similar to this and was advised to pull the same table in a query, match on Member Number, and qualify that the product code from TableA did not match product code in TableA_1 where the Begin Date TableA was < Term date TableA_1 and TableA_1 Begin Date < TableA End Date. Which worked great for me finding overlapping records where the product was different, bu...

Sum items in a lookup table.
I work for a bus company that has 240 different routes. I also have a table in Excel that lists monthly ridership for each route. I use it as a lookup table to get data for another report. The problem? There are 6 of the 240 routes that are served by more than one garage so they appear twice in the lookup table and I would like to get the sum of the ridership for that particular route from the table. Is this possible and if so how do I do it? I gather you're using a lookup function now to find the ridership from a given route. VLOOKUP will return (0 or) 1 value. If you use SU...

basic pivot table group
I have looked at some basic Pivot Table tutorials, but I have a very basic question not answered by their examples. . . . I have data in a spreadsheet formatted like this, each row representing an event: Timestamp Process Message ID 11:23:45:123 processA message123 11:23:45:124 processB message123 11:23:45:136 processC message123 11:23:46:123 processA message456 11:23:47:123 processB message456 11:23:47:678 processC message456 Can a pivot table help me reformat the data like below? ...

SOP Sales Transaction Entry Window
Dear Folks, I have noticed that i couldn't choose/select a salesman Id from Sales Transaction Entry Window (Transactions-> Sales -> Sales Transaction Entry). In my case for every Invoice i have to select a Diffierent Sales man ID. Could any one help me how can i enable this. BUT IT IS AVAILABLE IN Transaction Entry Window which we use without inventory module (Transactions-> Sales -> Transaction Entry Window) Awaiting for your favourable feedback. You can find that field by clicking on the customer number expansion button to the right of the customer number field. Thi...

Active Directory , Windows 2003 SBS to Windows 2008 SBS
Hello! I've got a little issue here. I work for a company and we are getting a new Intelserver. Now the problem is we've got an 32bit windows 2003 small business server with an Active Directory (and sql). And we are getting a Windows 2008 Small business server 64bit. Is there any possible way to ''Transfer'' ''Move'' or ''Copy'' the Active Directory to his new server without changing, removing or adding any data. I really need to be sure that nothing goes wrong cause 25 people are working on it everyday (Ofcourse i have a...

Outlook 98 Crashes in Windows NT
I have a few Windows NT machines that Outlook 98 crashes on with a Dr. Watson error - almost always when the user is typing an e-mail. I have tried re-installing, creating a new outlook profile, and replacing various files related to Outlook 98, but nothing seems to work. It is very important to note that I have many other users who have Windows NT and Outlook 98 on our network that do not have a problem at all. Can anyone decipher the Dr. Watson error message below? Thanks in advance. Microsoft (R) Windows NT (TM) Version 4.00 DrWtsn32 Copyright (C) 1985-1996 Microsoft Corp. All rights r...

ACC: How to Display Line Numbers on Subform Records
I found this article on MS' website http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q120913/ but ran into problems when I pasted the code and tried to compile it. It gives a Compile Error: Method or data member not found when it reached the line below: RS.FindFirst "[" & KeyName & "] = " & KeyValue and it highlights "FindFirst". I have a sub-form (child) of a parent form's and I have a variable in the child that the user currently manually increments from 1,2,3 and so forth. Can this not be done w/o the user's intervention? Hi, ...

Automatically open Detail Entry Window
In SOP Transcation Entry, I'd like the Sales Customer Detail Entry window to open automatically after the customer ID is selected. Is this possible? How would I go about doing this with Modifier or VBA? Extender would come in very handy. You don't need to write a single code. Record a macro using GP macro and embed it on the SOP Entry window using Extender. "Elaine" wrote: > In SOP Transcation Entry, I'd like the Sales Customer Detail Entry window to > open automatically after the customer ID is selected. Is this possible? How > would I go about doi...

Windows 7/IE8 Javascript will not run.
I am having major issues with IE8 recently. I get no error messages, things just don't work. For example, I can't download files from sites, windows update will not download files either. I viewed the html source on a particular page that wasn't working and there was some text in the html that said Javascript was not supported in my browser (but the text didn't show on the screen). FWIW, I have now installed both chrome and firefox and they don't have any problems with javascript or download files, etc. This problem started after I switched from McAfee to...

Minimize db window on myForm Restore
When myForm opens, the db window minimizes. good When I minimize myForm, db window restores. good When I restore myForm, I want db window to minimize... but I can't figure out how to do it. Any help? James ...