logo printing from gp

Hi,

Is there a way to print the company logo for multiple companies on a single 
(report writer) report? eg. printing an invoice from company A will print 
the logo for company A, while printing the same invoice for company B will 
print the logo for company B.

This refers specifically to RM invoices and not SOP (where its possible to 
do this with the different forms). Also, I am aware that this may be 
possible from Crystal and even using multiple reports dictionaries - but was 
just wondering if there is a simple way to get this out of GP and one 
reports.dic?

Ritesh Maharaj 


0
rmaharaj (6)
2/11/2008 12:26:47 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

3 Replies
789 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 6

Hi Ritesh

The only way I have been able to accomplish this was to create a reprots 
dictionary for each company or use one of the other formats of Invoice (IE 
short, long standard). what I found the easiest was to create a reprots dic 
for each company then a dynamics.set for each reports dictionary and then a 
short cut for each dynamics.set. this way there will be no issues confusign 
the dictionaries when you want to make changes to one but not another.

Fliehigh

"Ritesh Maharaj" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> Is there a way to print the company logo for multiple companies on a single 
> (report writer) report? eg. printing an invoice from company A will print 
> the logo for company A, while printing the same invoice for company B will 
> print the logo for company B.
> 
> This refers specifically to RM invoices and not SOP (where its possible to 
> do this with the different forms). Also, I am aware that this may be 
> possible from Crystal and even using multiple reports dictionaries - but was 
> just wondering if there is a simple way to get this out of GP and one 
> reports.dic?
> 
> Ritesh Maharaj 
> 
> 
> 
0
Fliehigh (443)
2/11/2008 12:31:01 PM
Hi Ritesh

Fliehigh's method of using the different forms (short, long, other and 
blank) is the most common method used and works well if you have 4 companies 
or less.  The following KB article explains how to copy report formats 
between reports:

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;856003

This KB article explains how to avoid pixelation of the logos when printing:

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;854470

Another option is the use of conditional calculated fields to show and hide 
logos.  This method works on a single report, but the logos must in different 
locations on the page.  I have an example package of this method. Get your 
partner to email me at the address below (remove the online. first) and 
specify the version (v8, v9, v10) if you would like it.

Another alternative is to use a 3rd party post printing utility such as 
http://www.fineprint.com. This tool can capture a printed page, add a logo 
and then send it to the printer.  When used with Named Printers you can 
define a virtual printer for each company so that each company has its own 
logo.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com

Any views contained within are my personal views and 
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, 
and confers no rights.  

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft 
provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or 
technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without 
notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web 
sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.


"Ritesh Maharaj" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> Is there a way to print the company logo for multiple companies on a single 
> (report writer) report? eg. printing an invoice from company A will print 
> the logo for company A, while printing the same invoice for company B will 
> print the logo for company B.
> 
> This refers specifically to RM invoices and not SOP (where its possible to 
> do this with the different forms). Also, I am aware that this may be 
> possible from Crystal and even using multiple reports dictionaries - but was 
> just wondering if there is a simple way to get this out of GP and one 
> reports.dic?
> 
> Ritesh Maharaj 
> 
> 
> 
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
2/12/2008 12:22:01 AM
Beyond 4 companies, and much easier, is to use Crystal Reports rather than 
Report Writer.  This tool can conditionally print images.


BTW, if you are comming to Convergence in Orlando, visit us in booth 836.  
And go to our web site to sign up for one great party aboard a cruise ship.  
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

-- 
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP
Documentation for Software Users

Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at 
http://www.AccoladePublications.com



"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Ritesh
> 
> Fliehigh's method of using the different forms (short, long, other and 
> blank) is the most common method used and works well if you have 4 companies 
> or less.  The following KB article explains how to copy report formats 
> between reports:
> 
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;856003
> 
> This KB article explains how to avoid pixelation of the logos when printing:
> 
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;854470
> 
> Another option is the use of conditional calculated fields to show and hide 
> logos.  This method works on a single report, but the logos must in different 
> locations on the page.  I have an example package of this method. Get your 
> partner to email me at the address below (remove the online. first) and 
> specify the version (v8, v9, v10) if you would like it.
> 
> Another alternative is to use a 3rd party post printing utility such as 
> http://www.fineprint.com. This tool can capture a printed page, add a logo 
> and then send it to the printer.  When used with Named Printers you can 
> define a virtual printer for each company so that each company has its own 
> logo.
> 
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
> 
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
> 
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> 
> Any views contained within are my personal views and 
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, 
> and confers no rights.  
> 
> The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft 
> provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or 
> technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without 
> notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web 
> sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.
> 
> 
> "Ritesh Maharaj" wrote:
> 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > Is there a way to print the company logo for multiple companies on a single 
> > (report writer) report? eg. printing an invoice from company A will print 
> > the logo for company A, while printing the same invoice for company B will 
> > print the logo for company B.
> > 
> > This refers specifically to RM invoices and not SOP (where its possible to 
> > do this with the different forms). Also, I am aware that this may be 
> > possible from Crystal and even using multiple reports dictionaries - but was 
> > just wondering if there is a simple way to get this out of GP and one 
> > reports.dic?
> > 
> > Ritesh Maharaj 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
info4071 (3004)
2/14/2008 2:48:02 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Printing Newsletter in Publisher 2003
I have Publisher 2003 on an XP OS and trying to print a newsletter with 2 pages per tabloid size paper. I was able to do this OK with Publisher 2000. It seems that the 2003 version does not have a "Book fold" option for the layout. The Print Preview looks OK and shows page 6 and 1 for the layout. For layout I choose "Booklet". What I get is page 6 and 1 on 1/2 of the 11x17 paper. Help! Gary Gary are you printing to a laser printer??? If you are, you are running out of printer memory. Have a look in the properties of the printer driver, and change the settings from Vector...

excel, worksheet, set print area, position selection on printed pa
Office 07, Excel. Print area is set, print preview displays selection, always on far left of page. I want to choose the position on the page, eg centered or right aligned etc. Help please. Hi, To get your printout to center on the page chose Page Layout, click the Page Setup quick launch button (bottom right corner of the Page Setup group). Choose the Margins tab, click Horizontal. There is no command to right align a printout, but you can change the left margin to force the printout to the left. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Eve Al...

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007
Weekly calendar view to print - Define print Styles - Edit "CANNOT DISPLAY THE DIALOG BOX" I'm using trial version - shouldn't be the case???? thks I'm having the same problem where I cant edit the print syles ... please let me know what ou find out. I think being able adjust the format and print the calendar is important, as I usually print my calendar. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Nate This is an Excel newsgroup. I would suggest posting this to an Outlook one -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton...

Cannot Print a selection of ToDo's
I have a user who is having an issue when attempting to print a selection of his Todo list. The print dialog will appear but as soon as he clicks either print or print preview the dialog dissapears and no jobs are sent to the print que. He is able to print other documents to this printer and the issue occurs with all other printers installed (including a PDF printer). Computer is running Vista business 32 bit w/ Vista SP2. Office 2007 Small Business with Office SP2. ...

Changing default Print copies
Hi, I have a workbook that has a worksheet with default printing copies of 3. Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up the print dialog. I have also looked through the VBA editor at the worksheet for any oddities and have found none. Does anyone know how to change this permanently? Thanks in advance. Pach >Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to > print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up > the print dialog. Look at the defaults for you...

GP 10 sp1 Installation guide
Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. If so, can you email to me offline. Contact me and I will send you my email address. -- Joanne Mahoney SDN Consulting Jacksonville, FL I was able to download the install guide. Please send me your email and I will email to you. Steve Berlin steveber@hotmail.com "Joanne" wrote: > Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading > the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. &...

printer not printing in black or red
I have an Epsom sx200 printer, I have recently changed the red and the black ink and now it will not print in these colours. I can not open the ink unit to check it is replaced correctly, the ink that I have used is different to the normal Epsom ink that I have been using in the past (more ink for less money). please could someone help? Thanks Andy Not in a Word forum! It's not impossible that Epson will claim you voided your warranty by using alien inks. On May 23, 7:30=A0am, Andy Banks <Andy Ba...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an Epsom sx200 pri...

Windows 7 and Dynamics GP 10 SP1
We are on Dynamics GP 10.0 SP1. We have many users that want to upgrade to Windows 7, but we are not ready to upgrade Dynamics. Does anyone know of a way to install Dynamics GP 10 SP1 on a Windows 7 machine? I was told there is a Feature Pack 1 that will allow the install, but it appears to me that you have to have SP4 installed before you can install the feature pack. Thanks GP has a DVD image available that you can install. They had many problems with the .net 2.0 sp1 so that GP could not be installed (easily) on any machine that had .net 2.0 sp1. They created a new insta...

11x17 Printing
I am having problems with printing a 11x17 document to a Konica Minolta C-350 purchased in May of 2005. I am on a time cruch and would appreciate any help. Are you the same person who posted the same question earlier this week? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mulkey" <Mulkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F57FAAC5-C73A-4C07-B1D1-7E32E3481B3E@microsoft.com... >I am having problems with printing a 11x17 document to a Konica Minolta >C-350 > purchased in May of 2005. I am on a time cruch and would appreciate any > help. I may...

how to format and print labels from an excel file
I have an excel list of people with 12 cells of information. I want to format and print "name tags" (labels?) using only the information in four cells. How can I do this? You can print labels in Excel but formatting can be a problem. Best to use Word for the mailmerge operation and select the 4 labels to print during the setup in Word. For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm And a t...

Mailing Label printing
I have created several mailing labels using SQL Reporting services and am attempting to print them with a Intermec pd-41 label printer. Every time a report is Printed the size settings for the job changes to 1.5w 4h instead of the setting within Windosw of 1.5h 4w. I have changed and saved the settings on the printer in the printer settings via Windows. The end users for this product cannot be bothered to click properties every time they are printing a label. Has anybody else experienced this or know of a way to correct this. Within Visual Studio, look at the report properties w...

Printing in a Citrix Environment
Hi, We have just implemented GP 8.0 for a customer with branches scattered around the country. Users access Great Plains server through Citrix. 1. Users have complained that printing reports is extremely slow. E.g. 70 page Trial Balance report takes 2 hours to process and printout. Is there a way to speed up the printing? We have already installed all drivers on the Citrix server. 2. In this situation, how do I implement Named Printers (Users want to default report printing to a HP laserjet and check printing to a dedicated dot matrix Epson printer)? 3.One user complains that on printin...

Check printing in GP 7.0
Dear Guys, I have check payments for vendors, where I'm dealing with LOCAL CURRENCY & FORIGHN CURRENCY. When I paid by check in LOCAL CURRENCY then the amount in words prints perfectly but if i paid by check in FORIGN CURRENCY then the amount in word prints in numeric which i want to print amount in words instead of numbers. Please help me to print checks amount in words for FORIGN CURRENCY as well. Your suggestion would be appricated on above issue thnx Shamin ...

Include 'Sent' time stamp in the printed version of CRM emails
What is the reason that a printed version of CRM emails does not include 'Sent' (CRM 'Created') field. It causes many inconveniences for my users. Can it be addressed? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssol...

Outlook Draft Email Print Problem
I have emails saved in draft but when i go to print them it doesnt show who it is being sent to and the fact it hasnt been sent yet, i have played with the setting but to no avail. I am using outlook 2003 any help would be appriciated. Turn off WordMail before printing the draft (Tools | Options | Mail Format) or wait to print until after you send it. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx <kpmail76@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:...

Printing Detailed Trail Balance
I just installed a new printer HP Deskjet 5940 and when i print Detailed Trial Balance reports it cutting off the Credit column. How do I fix this? Thanks! ...

Outlook 2002 HTML printing problem
Outlook 2002. I cannot print HTML emails. Plain text prints without any problems just HTML will not. Office xp pro is at all latest service packs. Anyone have an idea what may be wrong? ...

How do I print an entire workbook w/diff orientatns to Adobe PDF?
I'm trying to print to PDF an entire workbook that has different orientations (landscape/portrait) on each worksheet. It keeps asking to save each time the orientation changes so I end up having to combine the documents in the end. Is there any way to 'print' / convert the entire workbook in one go? Thank you. ...

Business cards & printing
I have formatted some business cards with Publisher 2003 for a friend and she wants to be able to print them off from her computer. However she does not have MS Publisher, MS Word. She will probably purchase one of the Avery packages from an office supply. Is there a way I can save the file ready to print the cards with the proper number per page and convert it to jpg so she could use it? Thanks for information. Susan Hi Susan (dsnsacree@msn.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have formatted some business cards with Publisher 2003 for a || friend and she wants to be able to print ...

Create a script to automatically print reports
Does anyone know of a way to create a script that will automaticily print certain reports (closing reports and EDC reports) at a certain time of night, preferable to a network printer in my office. I have three locations not using headquarters so I would like to schedule each POS to run a script at say 11pm after stores have closed to automatically print some reports to my network printer at my office. All mlocations are connected via VPN routers. I schedule auto backups each night using a script, so I am sure there is a way to create a script to print reports. Ay help would be grea...

Update KB973917, KB975929 and KB976264 Killed Network print
When I installed the updates on Vista SP2, the network print stopped working. I have an old HP printer with an Axis 540 print server and a new Brother DCP-375CW using Wi-Fi. The printers are visible form the computer and can be found in add printers, but no print job gets done, when I roll back the update, they work again. There is no problem in printing from WinXP machines. I have stopped using Windows update due to these problems. Any suggestions on solving this odd problem? For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020 ...

Print data in form field lists
Using Word 2007 - have a form with multiple drop down lists. Is there a way to print a copy of the form which displays all the options in the drop down lists to make updating easier? I am not sure how printing a document with all the dropdown items displayed (which is not possible) would help with 'updating'. If you want to modify the values in a dropdown field more simply - take a look at the add-in at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <...

Bottom edge of publisher file doesn't print
About the bottom 1/2" of my publisher file gets cropped off. The top and sides print fine. The margin guides are done correctly -- I change them to have no margin at all. I use an HP officejet printer, and don't have this problem with other programs. Thanks. The margins on Publisher are determined by your printer and not Publisher. This is not a Publisher issue, as there are no known printing issues with any version of Publisher. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" ...

print web page IE8 with W7 HP
I do not know why but all of a sudden I cannot print anymore web pages. All I get is a blank page. I had a chat session with Microsoft US, they tried to find the problem but failed. Any help? Remember all worked fine in the beginning. Could a new defrag software which I recently installed cause the problem? Regards, FALKO Hi FALKO, Not knowing the name of the 'defrag software' is of no help in answering your question. We would also need to know which Windows version, service pack level and IE version you are using. Yes. EVERYTHING works fine in the beginning, an...

Printing Pictures in word 2007
Hi, I have a problem printing a picture in Word 2007. I know its not my printer, it has something to do with picture effects - soft edges - 50%. When I insert the picture, and add the effect, it shows up on my screen, it also shows up on the print preview screen, but when I print it only the text prints out. I have the picture behind text, but I don't think that this is the problem, I think it has to do with the settings on the soft edges and 50%. Can anyone help? If you can see the pictures in Print Preview (not Print Layout view) and they don't print, then this...