Login Errors

Thanks in advance for any info.

Installed GP 7.5 RTM on a users laptop, changed the Dynamics.set file to
point to the UNC path of the Reports.dic & Forms.dic. The login screen
appears and upon login of this user, I receive the following error twice in
a row:
ASI_OPEN_BACKGROUND_EXPLORER_FORM. Error 4.

Then the form to select a company appears; and after selecting a company for
which this user has access and clicking OK, I receive an error of:
CoProcess Failed.

I logged into my laptop with the users domain account and was able to run GP
w/o issue using the same UNC path to the Reports & Forms dictionary files..

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Morgan

0
abcd4010 (60)

Does it work if the dynamics.set points to the C drive?

I don't think the report and form dictionary locations are causing the
problem.

Have you tried resynchronizing the account format by changing the setting in
dex.ini to TRUE?

"Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
> Thanks in advance for any info.
>
> Installed GP 7.5 RTM on a users laptop, changed the Dynamics.set file to
> point to the UNC path of the Reports.dic & Forms.dic. The login screen
> appears and upon login of this user, I receive the following error twice
> in a row:
> ASI_OPEN_BACKGROUND_EXPLORER_FORM. Error 4.
>
> Then the form to select a company appears; and after selecting a company
> for which this user has access and clicking OK, I receive an error of:
> CoProcess Failed.
>
> I logged into my laptop with the users domain account and was able to run
> GP w/o issue using the same UNC path to the Reports & Forms dictionary
> files..
>
> Any thoughts?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Morgan

0
callen1071 (408)
11/3/2004 4:21:39 PM
Thanks for the ideas, Charles.

My next step was going to be copying the .dic files to the local drive from
the UNC, but I'll try setting the Synchronize=True before I move the .dic
files.

Thanks again.

Morgan

"Charles Allen" <callen@bkd.com> wrote in message
> Does it work if the dynamics.set points to the C drive?
>
> I don't think the report and form dictionary locations are causing the
> problem.
>
> Have you tried resynchronizing the account format by changing the setting
> in dex.ini to TRUE?
>
> "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks in advance for any info.
>>
>> Installed GP 7.5 RTM on a users laptop, changed the Dynamics.set file to
>> point to the UNC path of the Reports.dic & Forms.dic. The login screen
>> appears and upon login of this user, I receive the following error twice
>> in a row:
>> ASI_OPEN_BACKGROUND_EXPLORER_FORM. Error 4.
>>
>> Then the form to select a company appears; and after selecting a company
>> for which this user has access and clicking OK, I receive an error of:
>> CoProcess Failed.
>>
>> I logged into my laptop with the users domain account and was able to run
>> GP w/o issue using the same UNC path to the Reports & Forms dictionary
>> files..
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Morgan

0
abcd4010 (60)
11/3/2004 6:46:55 PM
Turned out I had multiple entries for the Forms.dic & Reports.dic. Removed
the dupe entries and it worked.

> Thanks for the ideas, Charles.
>
> My next step was going to be copying the .dic files to the local drive
> from the UNC, but I'll try setting the Synchronize=True before I move the
> .dic files.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Morgan
>
> "Charles Allen" <callen@bkd.com> wrote in message
>> Does it work if the dynamics.set points to the C drive?
>>
>> I don't think the report and form dictionary locations are causing the
>> problem.
>>
>> Have you tried resynchronizing the account format by changing the setting
>> in dex.ini to TRUE?
>>
>> "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks in advance for any info.
>>>
>>> Installed GP 7.5 RTM on a users laptop, changed the Dynamics.set file to
>>> point to the UNC path of the Reports.dic & Forms.dic. The login screen
>>> appears and upon login of this user, I receive the following error twice
>>> in a row:
>>> ASI_OPEN_BACKGROUND_EXPLORER_FORM. Error 4.
>>>
>>> Then the form to select a company appears; and after selecting a company
>>> for which this user has access and clicking OK, I receive an error of:
>>> CoProcess Failed.
>>>
>>> I logged into my laptop with the users domain account and was able to
>>> run GP w/o issue using the same UNC path to the Reports & Forms
>>> dictionary files..
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Morgan

0
abcd4010 (60)

Credit Card Payment Category / Error
I'm using MS Money 2003. I'm downloaded my Credit Card account (Discover). The line where I paid my this Credit card bill I tried to put in the catagory "Credit Card Payment: Discover". The Error I get is, "You cannot transfer money from an account to itself. Please check that you are entering the transfer in the corrent account. " What category should I use? thx. If you choose the Credit Card Payement under the Special categories, this is a two sided transaction that is meant to enter into your checking account, for instance, when you pay the credit ...

Hyperlink errors Outlook 2003
"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Contact system admin." I am now getting this pop-up error whenever I click on a link in an email. Seems this happened once to me years ago but, I forget what the solution is. Appreciate any help. On Tue, 17 May 2005 13:23:11 -1000, Vector Newman <realmenuselinuxlikeme.org> wrote: > "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. > Contact system admin." > > I am now getting this pop-up error whenever I click on a link in an > email. > Seems th...

Supress error message
I am using the formla: =average(b35:b47) to put the average of cells b35 to b47 into cell b48. Is there a way to avoid the cell b48 showing the result : #DIV/0! when I have no entries in the range of aforementioned cells? Thank you Jim try this ARRAY formula which must be entered/edited with CSE (ctrl+shift+enter) =AVERAGE(IF(C1:C5<>"",C1:C5)) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jim Anderson" <janderson@wi.rr.com> wrote in message news:5R6rd.2025$NO5.1347@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com... > I am using the formla: > =average(b35:b47) > to put...

compiler error
This morning on 2 of our pos terminal on tender scrren we get a pop up box xml render then it say compiler error that says tokens 'returns' was not found Hi Miker, It seems that you have modified the receipt.xml or some of the files. please let me know if you have done this so I can better give you step by steps findings. "miker" wrote: > This morning on 2 of our pos terminal on tender scrren we get a pop up box > xml render then it say compiler error that says tokens 'returns' was not found Hi Miker, I am not sure which version you are using, have you i...

Exchange Event Error 7010
Hi, We have just installed a network for a customer consisting of a windows 2003 domain split over two sites. The sites are linked by a VPN with decent bandwidth (4MB up 1MB down at each end). In each site we have an exchange server running Exchange Server 2003 SP2. In the main site the Exchange server runs exchange only and nothing else, in the branch office the Exchange server is also a DC. The main site has about 60 users and the remote site about 20 users. The MX record for the domain is registered to the main site so all mail arrives there first and is then forwarded on to the bran...

event id 2035 and 8231 errors
Event id 2035: The e-mail address description object in the Microsoft Exchange directory for the 'FAX' address type on 'i386' machines is missing. Event id 8231: Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=Recipient Policies,CN=ClientServ,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=clientserv,DC=com' :'MAD.EXE', error=8000ffff. Taking provider offline. These occur every 5 min. I believe it is looking for an old fax email address that was migrated from exchange 5.5. I had deleted the address from the Recipient Policy, bu...

Messaging Interface Error #3
When I try to delete a message from my inbox, I get the following error message "The messaging interface has returned an onknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted Outlook a number of times, with no result. My Deleted folder is empty. All help will be greatly appreciated. ...

Manufacturing Error Message
Our company is encountering several problems with our GP - Business Ready 9.0 deployment. 1 - The Item Engineering Data window in inaccessable with the error message "Manufacturing Module Inventory not registered. Please contact Sys Admin or your Microsoft Business Partner." Our MBS advised that if the option is selectable (not greyed-out) then the feature is registered and should be functioning. The window is accessable through Fabrikam. I searched through the knowledgebase for similar occurances but nothing has resolved our issue. 2 - Users created with the instruction ...

Workflow Config Method Error
Hello, I get this Error Message when my Workflow Rule fires: "Error Code = 80042801.Method Create Attend Task is not registered in workflow.config file" But the method is there, here's the workflow config code: <workflow.config xmlns="http://microsoft.com/mscrm/workflow/" allowunsignedassemblies="true" > <methods> <method name="Create Attend Task" assembly="TaskWorkflow.dll" typename="TaskWorkflow.Class1" methodname="CreateTaskWillAttend" group="Custom Assemblies"> <pa...

Calculated Fields showing error results
I am trying to get a calculated field to work within a pivot table. The two fields in the pivot table which I'm referencing are sales and Profit dollars. I want the calculated field to show gross profit dollars (percent to total sales represented by profit), but without any error values (!value, div/0, etc.) where there are no sales for a particular line (i.e. customer) in the timeframe I'm analyzing. The formulae I've tried are: =If(iserror(Profit/Sales),"",(Profit/Sales)) =if(isna(Profit/Sales),"",(Profit/Sales)) =if(isnumber(Profit/Sales),(Profit/Sal...

Run Time Error 13, Type Mismatch
I'm getting this error, "Run Time Error 13, Type Mismatch" when trying to print individual PO's in manager. It is only happening on one workstation which happens to be a windows 2000 pro. All others (XP) print fine. Anyone know of a fix for this? What version of RMS are you using? There was a hotfix version 1.2.0156 that fixed this problem. Rob "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D151EA01-C258-4B59-81D1-B4E1DBC5A992@microsoft.com... > I'm getting this error, "Run Time Error 13, Type Mismatch" when trying t...

Event 8026 Error Log
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5C91D.94F16610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Everyone,=20 I'm having this error in my Application Log and I don't know why. SOURCE: MSADC LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory <server> for distinguished name = <'DOMAIN\Administrator'>. Directory returned error:[0x51] Server Down. = (Connection Agreement 'RCA <Domain>' #2132)=20 I checked this article = http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=...

windows update errors
Also having problems with windows updates. Have Xp Pro, SP3 and Windows 8. Everytime (within the last week) I go to the start menu and got to windows update it asks me to install the update software but then my system hangs and I get an error saying explorer closed my webpage to protect my computer. Can someone help me with this, or how it can be fixed.? I also have this on the page "Windows Data Execution Prevention detected an add-on trying to use system memory incorrectly. This can be caused by a malfunction or a malicious add-on." I have not added anything or done an...

Error 2485
I'm trying to use the technique described in KB299016 to dynamically filter a report prior to using SendObject. This includes the following instruction: <quote> Set the OnOpen property of the report to the following event procedure: Me.Filter = strFilter <endquote> (Well, actually, the KB article uses strInvoiceWhere, but I'm not dealing with Invoices.) strFilter is a Public string variable, defined in the code module for the form containing my command button to run the SendObject code. When I run the code, I get Error 2485 "Microsoft Access can't find t...

Error 8152: String or binary data would be trucated when using upsizing wizard to SQL Server
Hi, While running the upsizing wizard to upsize an access 2003 db to SQL Server 2000 I get the following error: Server Error 8152: String or binary data would be truncated. Server Error 3621: The statement has been terminated. It looks like a field in the resulting table is not large enough to handle the data being inserted but I have no control over this since the wizard is creating the table... How can I find out what is causing the problem? Any idea on how troubleshoot or fix it are welcome. Thank you for your help. Hi, what you can do - try to upsize without transferring data,...

Unexpected error
Every time I try to start Outlook 2002, it gives me a message saying unexpected error. How do I save all my emails, tasks, contacts, appointments, etc. before I reinstall outlook? Try the Detect/Repair option first. the *.pst file contains the relevant emails etc, this is a hidden file Also http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/pfbackup.aspx David "Cory" <coryb79@cox.net> wrote in message news:008701c35c42$cfb3a640$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I try to start Outlook 2002, it gives me a > message saying unexpected error. How do I save all my > emails, task...

payables transaction entry error #2
Hi everybody - when I am 'Payables Transaction Entry' in the 'document number' field - no matter what number I write, I get the error message 'this document number already exists'..I am running GP 10 and this happened after I installed service pack three. Any suggestions? There is a setting in Purchasing Setup that says "Allow Duplicate Invoice Numbers" for a vendor. You have it set to not allow duplicates. This is to make sure that you are not entering the invoice twice for the same vendor. You shoudl do an inquiry by vendor and see if that same ...

Error font or character email template CRM
hI cOMMUNITY, How i doing about the error font in the email template, because i write email show perfect but later in the client show character error for example:    Please i need trobleshooting that problem ...

error code 646
While trying to run the updates I received a message saying "error code 646 Windows Update encountered an unknown error" KB981725, KB980469, and KB976382 will not update anyone have a solution? -- ahdesertflower "Ahdesertflower" escribió: > Al tratar de ejecutar las actualizaciones que he recibido un mensaje que dice "código de error 646 > Windows Update ha encontrado un error desconocido "KB981725, KB980469, KB976382 y > No se actualizará Alguien tiene una solución? > - ahdesertflower> "ahdesertflo...

Access Denied error received when user tries to set alerts
Scenario: Site collection: NT Authenticated users have read permissions Site: NT Authenticated users have read permissions Document library: Employee has "limited Access" Folder: Employee has Add/Edit permissions (a custom permission level based on the default Contribute permission with delete removed) User trieds to set an alert on the document library FOLDER where they have permissions. They get through the entire configuration page and click ok to set the alerts, and they get an Access Denied error. Where have the permissions been broken to deny the user the ri...

receiving error code 0x80040605 when accessing outlook 03
I had a pop up which asked me to 'repair or remove' to continue access to email. First I tried repair and it did nothing. Next I hit remove now I am receiving error code 0x80040605 and can not receive any messages and have lost all emails I had as well as the personal folders I had created. Are you saying you removed Outlook? In that case no wonder you can't receive messages. Do you still have the Outlook icon? It really would help to know exactly what the pop up message said. Also, the type of mail account you have and version of Outlook, and whether or not you ...

error in outlook
I was wondering if any body is had an issue with oulook regarding the following error "OUTLOOK IS OUT OF SYSTEM RESOURCES", following by a Dr. Watson error. Dr. Watson error OUTLOOK.exe Exception: access violation (0x0000005), Address: 0x04c9bb30 The system is a NT box with 10GB HD, 128MB RAM and 433MHz cpu. This error ocurrs evey now and then it is not constantly happning. Usually is whil working in outlook. I hope some-one can help me. Thanks ...

drag and drop error in outlook 2k3
When I Drag and drop a message out of outlook to a general folder on my c:drive. I get an error message saying that my disk is out of space. But here it the kicker I have a 40gig drive with 20gig free. I'm running win2k with novell and outlook 2003. Thanks in advance. Dyl ...

Outlook Error after XP sp2
Hi All, A friend of mine is having a issue with his computer after installing XP sp2. The comp is running XP home Sp2 and Office 2000 with all office updates installed. Norton antivirus and Tiny Personal Firewall 6.0 is being run on the computer. After installing XP sp2 he says that he is not able to send any mail through outlook but can receive all mail. He has even disabled the firewall and the antivirus and has not had any luck. I do not know of the exact error msg and will be going over to his place to have a look but in the meantime if anyone has come accross this problem or has heard o...

Error Money Encountered a Problem....
I have been using this program for 3 days (Money 2004). I just got it all figured out and my information put in. All of the sudden it crashes and will not start up again. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I think it may be the data file but, dont know where to find it. The error I get is: AppName:msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mspfctl0.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 00018412 Help! What can I do?? Start by trying to open the sample data file (typically located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money) by double-clicking on it from Windows Explorer. If the sample file works, see http://um...