linking companies reports

I know Frx can link and consolidate seperate Great Plains companies. But
what if I want to do this in native GP. Is Crystal the only way? I understand
Report Writer only accesses one company at a time?

Thanks for any info

Bill

0
2020 (110)

2020,

Why would you want to do something that FRx was designed to do naturally in
a tool like Crystal Reports? Anyways, you can also use SQL Server Reporting
Services (SSRS).

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"2020" wrote:

> I know Frx can link and consolidate seperate Great Plains companies. But
> what if I want to do this in native GP. Is Crystal the only way? I understand
> Report Writer only accesses one company at a time?
>
> Thanks for any info
>
> Bill

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
8/18/2008 3:53:01 PM
What if you want to create reports other than financial statements?  FRx is
the best when it comes to income statements, balance sheets, and the like.  I
would like to create a report that would give me AP information from all of
our entities.  I think Crystal would be the only way to go.

-GK

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> 2020,
>
> Why would you want to do something that FRx was designed to do naturally in
> a tool like Crystal Reports? Anyways, you can also use SQL Server Reporting
> Services (SSRS).
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "2020" wrote:
>

> > I know Frx can link and consolidate seperate Great Plains companies. But
> > what if I want to do this in native GP. Is Crystal the only way? I understand
> > Report Writer only accesses one company at a time?
> >
> > Thanks for any info
> >
> > Bill

0
Gordon (48)
11/7/2008 10:10:21 PM
Gordon,

You're right, FRx is not the answer for this, you can do this in SmartList
Builder or Crystal (or another report writer).  Take a look at my blog:
http://victoriayudin.com/2008/11/08/sql-view-to-show-open-ap-invoices-from-multiple-companies-in-gp/
for a possible solution.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Gordon" <Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What if you want to create reports other than financial statements?  FRx
> is
> the best when it comes to income statements, balance sheets, and the like.
> would like to create a report that would give me AP information from all
> of
> our entities.  I think Crystal would be the only way to go.
>
> -GK
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
>> 2020,
>>
>> Why would you want to do something that FRx was designed to do naturally
>> in
>> a tool like Crystal Reports? Anyways, you can also use SQL Server
>> Reporting
>> Services (SSRS).
>>
>> Best regards,
>> --
>> MG.-
>> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
>> Maximum Global Business, LLC
>> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>>

>> "2020" wrote:
>>

>> > I know Frx can link and consolidate seperate Great Plains companies.
>> > But
>> > what if I want to do this in native GP. Is Crystal the only way? I
>> > understand
>> > Report Writer only accesses one company at a time?
>> >
>> > Thanks for any info
>> >
>> > Bill

0
victoria (3340)

Inserting a file "link" in outlook 2002
Having an issue trying to insert a link (not a hyperlink, don't want users to know the path to the file) into a post, which is directed out to a file on a server. These posts that were previously created were done in exchange, which we were able to insert a shortcut which was only a shorcut and it open the version of the file that is on the server. Now....having upgraded to XP and now on outlook 2002 we are unable to do this. When inserting a file you do not have to option to insert as a link, it inserts the whole entire file. It needs to be just be a shortcut as when they ma...

refresh pivot report
Every time I refresh my pivot table I lose formatting that I have to re-do every time, specifically column widths, cell borders and cell formatting such as bold and wrapped. I also lose this formatting when I use my page fields drop down box to look at different groups of data. Is there anything I can do to retain my formatting in these situations? -- Julie Julie If you go into the Pivot table options you can de-select the box "Auto Format Table". This should do the trick. Roger "Julie" wrote: > Every time I refresh my pivot table I lose formatting that I...

Using Access for Microsoft Navision Reporting
I am curious if there are companies that have used Microsoft Access to produce reports from Microsoft Navision 2009 (SQL-Server version) data and are willing to share their experiences with this approach. Thanks! Brad -- Brad "Brad" wrote:subed going to jail > I am curious if there are companies that have used Microsoft Access to > produce reports from Microsoft Navision 2009 (SQL-Server version) data and > are willing to share their experiences with this approach. > > Thanks! > > Brad > > > > > -- ...

Items report shows negative -1 in Available quantity field
When I run the Items (all) report by clicking the "Items" button and sort the Available Qty. field on the report, I am finding -1 items in the Available Qty. field even though we are out of these items. When I drill into the properties of the item, and go to the Inventory tab, and look at the committed field, I find that RMS has a 1 in the field and a -1 in the Available field, yet On_hand has a zero. I would like to be able to zero out the Committed and the Available fields to zero, but would also like to know how this occured to begin with? We think that we may have had a...

FRX Reporter
There must be some setting that is wrong in the FRx as it will let me update rows and columns for the reports, but it cannot load the existing reports or allow me to make a new report. The product is registered correctly however FRX will not provide tech support because we're using it with Micosoft Great Plains. We installed the software only a week ago. Microsoft will provide tech support for you. You can enter in a trouble ticket via CustomerSource. You should have received a login from the partner that sold you the product. One thing that I know we've run across with FRx...

crystal report error 07-14-04
when i try to open a built in reports witch come with CRM it gives an error "Object doesn't support this property or method " the page of the report is displayed and the tools above appear normaly but in the body of the report the page is blank and this massage appear "Object doesn't support this property or method " anyone have an idea or saw this before? thanks in advance ...

Linking 2 separte company account in a GP system
Hi, I would like users to test out certain features of GP in a separate company account in the same Micosoft GP server. However, I do not want them to re-enter the same data to the exisitng company account (to save data entry time). I was wondering if there is a way I can update the one company account with data from another company account in the same GP system. Thks. 1.) Take note of the Registration keys for the mirror company (take note of the company name and regisration keys) (Tools -> Setup -> System -> Registration 2.) Backup the original, live database 3.) Restore t...

Can I print report and then delete at the same time?
I want to print the info from a sub report and have the info deleted at the same time OK. I'll bite on this troll bait ... Why? Rob Norm wrote: > I want to print the info from a sub report and have the info deleted > at the same time Define "deleted"... -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offer...

Query for Monthly Report
I'm using SSRS to write reports, and am very new to SQL queries. I have a report that shows totals for each day in the month to-date, for two data elements. It needs to run daily via an automatic snapshot, and be distributed via e-mail subscription. As such, the time frame cannot be a user input item. The data is always a day behind, so on the first day of the month, it needs to report the previous month, not the current month. The field I need to key on is called DateTime. My current query for the month of April 2010 is: SELECT DateTime, Sum(PatientDays) AS '...

How to Pass Filter from Query to Report?
Hello, I would appreciate any help with this problem that's been driving me nuts. I have a query of inventory items with only a subset of fields from the complete inventory datasheet. I have designed a report that will take the items from the query and print tags. Sometimes, I would like to print only a few tags. I apply a filter to one of the columns in the query datasheet, but this filter has no effect on the report. What can I do so that when I apply a filter to the query, it will also be reflected in the report? I was thinking of putting a formula of some kind in the filter pro...

How to export a report?
Is there any good way to export a report? I have tried to export a fairly complex report using HTML and word, but the formatting is all messed up. How do I go about exporting and getting the formatting correct? For anything other than a very basic text report, there are only two options which will retain all formatting, including any graphical elements (even such basic things as lines and borders/boxes. They are: Snapshot format - you need to export the report via the DoCmd.SendObject command, and select acFormatSNP as the output format, or pdf format - you need to install a...

Can't publish reports / none available in CRM
Hi, I've been going round in circles on this one for weeks. CRM is installed with SBS 2003, SQl 2000 and SRS all on the same server. SPS is also installed, all service packs applied (esp SQL SP4). No reports are visible in the CRM web UI, or, in SRS via /localhost/reports. All users in /localhost/reports have EVERY permission. When I run publishreports.exe using this syntax I get the following error message. C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Reports>publishreports "Intellego Systems" "intel lego-sbs\ReportingGroup {91070909-67e8-4227-81c8-1f17f8ce461c}" "...

Linked Table
Hi, I have a Access 2003 mdb that I have used for years that has worked OK. Recently one of my queries malfunctioned to an external Progress db's linked table. Specifically, the query's table list is missing many of the fields in the table though when I inspect the linked table in the Tables Objects Section I see all the fields. How can I fix my query? TIA, Dan Why post the same question in different newsgroups? (already answered in the other newsgroups you posted in). If your situation is one of the (few) unusual circumstances in which it is necessary/appropriat...

Generating Multiple MS Reports
I have two tables in MS Access and would like to generate a master report separated on individual pages for eahc user. Table 1: PeopleID Fields: NameID, Last Name, First Name Table 2: Contributions Fields: NameID, Date, Amount I would like to be able to generate a report that would print a page for each NameID so they can use for tax purposes that shows their contributions to a fund. Any help on writing this query and report would be helpful. Thanks, michael_quackenbush@yahoo.com wrote: >I have two tables in MS Access and would like to generate a master >report separated ...

Stock report
I am trying to write a report where i need to show the available quantity of an item along with the expiry dates for a selected range of receipt dates. For example, i would display the current available quantity of an item which was received in Dec 2009. The table IV10200 does have the information except for the expiry date. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Hi JayKay, The expiration date is in table IV00300. Kind regards, Leslie "JayKay" wrote: > I am trying to write a report where i need to show the available quantity of > an item along with t...

Links cause Lockup
Clicking on links in email message cause lockups of Outlook 2003, Win XP Pro. I've switched default browser from IE6 to FireFox and back to IE6. I'm considering switching to another email program. Any suggestions? ...

Linking Separate Spreadsheets Together
Using Excel 2000, I have worksheet #1 with a product price list containing the following columns: - product ID - name - description - cost - price - taxable - active - product page url - image url I want to connect 3 additional worksheets (#2, #3 & #4) that will contain the same data but NOT in the same column order. My objective is to have the data in #2, #3 & #4 be automatically updated when any changes occur in worksheet #1. Your assistance is kindly appreciated. Hal. "H SELIM" <HSELIM@AOL.COM> wrote in news:ukU6dkW2DHA.1908 @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > I wa...

Link two combo boxes on a form
I have one combo box with a list of Product Names another combo box with a list of Product Part Numbers. How can I link them so user can select one Product from first combo box and the other combo box will display the corresponding Part Number? Or is there another why to fill in the field for Part Number automatically once the Product Name is selected? Thanks -- FL ...

bank account reconciliation report
How do you print a bank reconciliation report after you have completed the bank reconciliation? In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do you print a bank reconciliation report after you >have completed the bank reconciliation? Report like bank statement/reconciliation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176329 ...

Moving text within a multi page linked doc
I have a 60 page document with all text blocks connected and text flowing through. I need to select all text from the last 20 pages, cut and paste it at the beginning of the text. I can't seem to select text on more than one page? Is there a way to select text from page 40 thru page 60, cut from there and past in beginning of text? This is the way I would do it using Publisher 2000. It's ugly but it will work. Make as many of the first (dozen or so) as long and as wide Publisher will allow you. Next, cut or copy the text you want to move and Paste it in the location you w...

Linking Names with Codes
I want to set up a facility whereby when I type a name in one column the code for that person automatically comes up in another column. Please help. Maura Dublin Ireland Hi Maura See Debra's page http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html on how to set this up. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Maura" <magzerflood@eircom.net> skrev i melding news:2e1a01c51efc$55babb20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I want to set up a facility whereby when I type a name in > one column the code for that person automatically comes > up in another column. Please help. > > Maura > D...

resize edit links Dialogue Box in Excel 2007
I am using Excel 2007 and wish to resize edit links Dialogue Box when there are multiple links to edit. Not able to do so unlike in Excel 2003. Is this is any limitation in Excel 2007 for this particular feature. Example if we have more than 80+ files which are linked and we cannot edit the links. Please let me the workaround. I am having the exact same problem - anybody have a solution? "Jagdeep" wrote: > I am using Excel 2007 and wish to resize edit links Dialogue Box when there > are multiple links to edit. Not able to do so unlike in Excel 2003. > Is this is any l...

cannot delete a report
I have a report listed in CRM that does not have an associated report on our SSRS server. Not sure how that happened but now need to remediate the problem. When I go to delete the report, it comes up with a dialog box that tells me that "an error has occured and I should check with the MS Dynamics community. When I try to run the report, it shows the name of the report that is missing. I then loaded up a report directly to the SSRS server that had the name of the report that is missing however when I try to delete the report, I still get the same error. Any ideas on how I ...

Go To Link
Hello, I would like to insert in a cell on one tab a 'go to' link which will navigate to another tab in the same worksheet. I am familiar with inserting hyperlinks. But I want to make sure the link goes to a specific tab in the SAME worksheet. e.g., in TAB-1 of worksheet A I want to click on a link to go to a cell reference (e.g., A1) in Tab-5 of the same worksheet A. Thanks, Steve Steven Select a cell in Sheet1 and right-click and "hyperlink". From the dialog that opens choose "place in this document" Navigate to Sheet5 in the list. A1 is defaul...

Default company for user?
We setup our clients with at least 3 companies to access, Fabrikam, a test company (with their setup) and a live company. They would like the live company to be their default company when they log into GP. Is it possible to assign a default company to a user? On May 8, 6:45 am, Danelle Sloboda <DanelleSlob...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We setup our clients with at least 3 companies to access, Fabrikam, a test > company (with their setup) and a live company. They would like the live > company to be their default company when they log into GP. Is it possible to &g...