Letter Writing Assistant won't recognized MS Word IS installed

When I go to Reports/Letter Writing Assistant, I get an error message that
"Microsoft Word must be installed on the machine to use the Letter Writing
Assistant".

I running XP on a networked client notebook with full Office 2003 installed
(SP2) and I'm using GP 9.0

Has anyone else had this problem?  Got a solution?
0
Dwayne (40)

I faced this before when i installed Great Plains first and then followed by
Office.

If your case is same as above, then you need to uninstalle the client
version first then i reinstalled office followed by Great Plains Again.

I suggest in your case try to reinstall Office again, (u can use repair
office)

Hope this helps
Akram.

"Dwayne" wrote:

> When I go to Reports/Letter Writing Assistant, I get an error message that
> "Microsoft Word must be installed on the machine to use the Letter Writing
> Assistant".
>
> I running XP on a networked client notebook with full Office 2003 installed
> (SP2) and I'm using GP 9.0
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?  Got a solution?
0
Akram1 (98)
6/5/2007 6:06:03 PM
That fixed it! I just ran the Detect & Repair utility under the Help menu and
it healed itself.

Thank you!

"Akram" wrote:

> I faced this before when i installed Great Plains first and then followed by
> Office.
>
> If your case is same as above, then you need to uninstalle the client
> version first then i reinstalled office followed by Great Plains Again.
>
> I suggest in your case try to reinstall Office again, (u can use repair
> office)
>
> Hope this helps
> Akram.
>
> "Dwayne" wrote:
>
> > When I go to Reports/Letter Writing Assistant, I get an error message that
> > "Microsoft Word must be installed on the machine to use the Letter Writing
> > Assistant".
> >
> > I running XP on a networked client notebook with full Office 2003 installed
> > (SP2) and I'm using GP 9.0
> >
> > Has anyone else had this problem?  Got a solution?
0
Dwayne (40)

install microsoft money standard 2006 -- mnymetal.dll error
installing with either a disk or online trial offer I get an error message unable to load: mnymetal.dll error code: 0x00000485 any suggestions? What do you mean by disk - you have it on CD ? DO you have an old version of Money on there ? If so installing to same folder? Make a different one. "jer" <jer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C314D0C-8715-46E3-A6E7-70D9E0DBB0BA@microsoft.com... > installing with either a disk or online trial offer I get an error > message > unable to load: mnymetal.dll error code: 0x00000485 > any suggestions? B...

MS POP3 Connector
Hi All, I have configure the MS POP3 Connector to download the mail from our company external hosting mail server. But I want to leave a message in the mail server, but seem like the MS POP3 Connector will auto delete the message after successfully download it. Is there any way i can do it ahH??? -- Regards, Venedict ...

Editing in Print Preview in Word 2010
Is it possible to edit a file after clicking File, Print, in Word 2010 while you are still in Print Preview or is the only way to edit to click one of the tabs to return to the editing screen? Arlene I haven't used Word 2010 myself (yet), but I'm told that Print Preview is no longer editable in that version. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Arlene" <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E0E367E-D3C3-4279-A128-BA2927812FCF@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to edit a file after clicking File, Print, in Word 2010 > wh...

Re-installed WLM and can't find email folder
I had the BOD and tried everything to no avail so reinstalled xp home premium. I didn't lose any data but had to reinstall all my programs. The only one I am having difficulies with is WLM. It can't find my old folder to import. I unhid my files and searched to no avail. What parameters should I use for the search to find the folder. I went into WLM and saw where it normally would save to but nothing is there. Because of the BOD I didn't get to prepare for this as I did when I did a win7 computer (successful). Any suggestions would be helpful. John D...

Attaching letters to clients/companies
Hi, In CRM v3 is the abililty to add a "Letter" record to a client/company in which it appears you can add the subject, some notes, dates etc. However, it doesnt appear that you can add the actual letter via an attachment or other means. Is there anyway to add all correspondance to a client/company so that other CRM users are able to see the actual letter, rather than someones notes *about* the letter (which might miss out, in our case, crucial wording or absence of crucial wording) ? Olly Hello Oliver, You can attach files to letter activities. If you look into the toolba...

Remove GUID from MS CRM 1.2
Is there a way to remove the GUID from MS CRM 1.2 e-mails? Please explain how... Thanks, Doros No answer yet... For 1.0 version there is a special patch from Microsoft that removes the identification from e-mail's subject. Also there is way to do it manually in registry. Any ideas for 1.2? Can you describe the manual way? (even for 1.0 version) Please help, cause it's quite urgent! Thanks, Doros "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message news:etYhZv0wDHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to remove the GUID from MS CRM ...

Outlook 2003 doesn't find Word as editor any longer
Hi all, I've posted this also in Word - Mail. Immediately after installing XP SP2 Outlook 2003 doesn't recognize Word as the email editor (get a message saying so and gives you the option of using the default email editor) & when I open up Word 2003 I get a message immediately saying essentially "you cannot link to this document". I've used Detect & Repair successfully on Word, unchecked/rechecked Use Word as the editor in Outlook 2003. Any other ideas? Thanks. Have you applied SP-1 for Office 2003? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies...

Project Accounting install v7 screws up existing companies!
It appears as though installing the Project Accounting tables in a new company screws up the "PA Users Master" (PA01501) and the "PA Users Class Master" (PA40401) by dropping and recreating them. Where in h*ll does it say it does this? How are you supposed to install PA to a new company without screwing up existing companies? The Project Accounting manual says that the PA Initialize Company utility resets settings for users in the PA User classes. I don't remember where I read about classes, but I read somewhere that you should not use the default PA user cla...

Error on using MS Access 2003
Hi, in my office, there is a backend database to store our data and a frontend database contains queries, tables, forms, macros and VB scripts that let the users use about 6 applications involving filter data, print documents, create or edit record, etc. However, in recently, the Access is down from one day to couple of days. The error can be divide into two types, some users can partially use the applications; some users cannot open the Access database template; and some users can work normally. There are about 30-40 users to use this Access Tempate (frontend) application and this i...

CRM 4.0 install failure on SBS2008
I'm trying to install CRM 4.0 on a SBS2008 box as a fall back to the issues I'm having on the Server 2003 box. I'm running into the error below, which I've discovered other SBS2008 admins are running into. How should we proceed? I'm installing Dynamics CRM onto a new SBS 2008 server and it all installs except for the index service which gives me the following error: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (checkbase.cpp:CCheckBase::Action:315). I've tried to Google this but get no results. -- Jason ------=_NextPart_0001_B5E97A50 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-E...

Two installation in same domain
Hi, I have a query. I read somewhere that Ms CRM cannot be installed in 2 machines in the same domain. Is this true? we have this installed in 2 machines ( one for live and other for Development). In the development machine the Report section is not working. Is this because of this? Thanks in advance, Jaison Do u have install Crystal Reports over Development Server, if it is true, CRM Server Reports failed. I hope can help u >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have a query. I read somewhere that Ms CRM cannot be installed in 2 >machines in the same domain. Is this ...

Displaced text MS Publisher2002
When overlapping one text box with another -in 2003- the text in one of them is displaced. Moving one or the other to the back appears to have no effect. Ctrl T, which works when placing text over a picture, doesn't however work with text over text. I'm almost certain that this operation could be carried out in earlier versions of MS Publisher Where am I going wrong? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Serendipity <pill@blueyonder.co.uk>... > When overlapping one text box with another -in 2003- > the text in one of them is disp...

MSOffice 2010 Beta stops installing at Step 4/4 with error messag
I received an invitation from Microsoft to download Beta version of Office 2010. I am unable to complete set up. the installation stops after showing step4/4 with an error message "there was a problemsetting up Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 (Beta). etc". I have tried saving the download and then executing. I have tried running the download from the Web download page, I have tried re-downloading. All with the same result. Is it possible for me to install the program? ...

Office 07 Installation problems
First off I bought a new computer with Windows 7. I uninstalled a store bought copy of Office from my old one so that I could put it on my new one. While trying to install, the product key works but once it starts installing, the progress bar freezes. It will go a little and then won't move for hours. Can someone help me please? "Nic-nic" <Nic-nic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6317A05A-5F58-4006-98EF-27008E1D27A8@microsoft.com... > First off I bought a new computer with Windows 7. I uninstalled a store > bought copy of Office from my...

Re-installing Ex2003? Or uninstall first?
As some of you may have been following, I have broken OWA on my front-end server. I'd like to just re-install Ex2003, and (hopefully) that should just fix it. But I can't take any chances with screwing up the back-end server, and taking down the corporate email. So my question .... Can I just run the installation again from the Ex2003 CD; re-apply Sp2; re-apply all later patches from Windows Update? All without screwing up the other, functioning server? This front-end server has no IS on it; following hardening procedures, I had dismounted the info Store and deleted it. Dunno if tha...

Can't find a way to export contacts from MS Office Communicator.
Can't find a way to export contacts from MS Office Communicator. Does anyone know how this can be done to share mine with my Collegue's Thanks, Joe R No promises but... http://www.ehow.com/how_5972878_export-microsoft-communicator-contacts.html -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Joe R" <Joe R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BACBCBDD-F362-4E80-AFA7-6E703702D104@microsoft.com... > Can't find a way to export contacts from MS Office Communicator. >...

Need "Out of Office Assistant " Access
I use Microsoft Office 2003 with the XP Service Pack 2 Download. Please let me know if there is any way I can set up an Out of Office Assistant. I need to know how to get and Exchange Server e-mail account for my business: Journeys far & Near, LLC for which I use this computer. I am a self-employed person operating as an independent contractor under that company name - without a complicated set-up, but with a professional grade Dell Latitude D600 computer and Windows XP Professional. I've been working with Windows since 3.0, and with PC's since the XT, although my bus...

When I select a word, the backspace key doesn't delete it
When I select a word or phrase that I would like to delete, I use the mouse to highlight the selected area, then click backspace. However, all of a sudden the backspace key doesn't delete it.... I must use the delete key. This change happened over night, and I don't know how to remedy it. Thanks In Word 2003, make sure that the "Typing replaces selection" is checked in Tools | Options, Edit tab. The corresponding option ("Typing replaces selected text") for Word 2007 is found at Office button | Word Option, Advanced category (look under "Editing...

Windows Installer loads every time I open an Office 2007 appication
Hi all, I'm facing the following problem: when I open an Office 2007 application the windows installer loads every time... is not going to give me any error, but it's something annoying... does anyone has any solution??? thanks Vit >Hi all, >I'm facing the following problem: >when I open an Office 2007 application the windows installer loads >every time... is >not going to give me any error, but it's something annoying... does >anyone has any solution??? >thanks >Vit Are you running the apps as a restricted user? Often, you have to ...

Write Error
We have four registers that we have been running for two years with RMS. Recently we started to use the 4th one again after a long time and everyother transaction activates a Write Error. None of the other registers have the problems including one that hasn't been used for the same amount of time as the fourth and there have been no significant changes to any computer besides microsoft updates for XP. Help Please -- Rich O''Boyle IT Tech Lundeens Liquors Are all registers on the same RMS version. ? What is the version # ? Have you upgraded to Service Pack 2 or 3 on all mac...

"Installation source for MS Office not available"
I have: XP Pro/SP1 Office 2000 SR-1 Professional I have got some problems with Excel. When I click an XLS file I get a message flash up and then vanish which says "Preparing To Install" and then nothing else happens. I can launch Excel by running the EXE direct. I still get the message "Preparing To Install" but then Excel appears. MS Word is ok. I decided to do a repair installation. I put my original CD in the CD drive and clicked Add/Remove Programs > MS Office > Change. I get a message saying: "The installation source for this ...

MS POS] help: payment methods NOT tender menu.
I'm running the 30 day demo of MS POS2.0 and i made some additional payment methods but these additions are not brought up in the tender menu. Only the default payment methods are visible. What went wrong? Have you run a z-report since creating the new tenders? I have no idea if that is going to help in MSPOS, but it would be required in MSRMS... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the ...

A server error occured while writing to the Journal
Is there a reason why I keep getting an error when I write to the journal in MS POS? Thanks in advance! Its almost if it can't find it in the database, but by default it should be created. I'm wondering if there is anything special in the POS settings or printer settings that is needed. "Steakum" wrote: > Is there a reason why I keep getting an error when I write to the journal in > MS POS? Thanks in advance! ...

How do I arrange letters/words in wavy lines please
Would someone please let me know how to arrange letters/words in wavy lines instead of straight lines. Thank you On Sat, 15 May 2010 16:23:01 -0700, Stampndor <Stampndor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Would someone please let me know how to arrange letters/words in wavy lines >instead of straight lines. Thank you If you must do this in Word, the only way is with WordArt. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. As stated befor...

moving excel in word back to excel
I rec'd a doc in word that was clearly originally done in excel. I need to put it back in excel, but when I cut and paste, the format is way off. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thank you. -- Briton ...