Leased autos

In the fixed asset module, one can pick the "type" of asset (new, used,
leased).  We have leased autos.  Is anyone using the "leased" option & for
what purpose?  Can you tell me how you are using it.  It might be a good way
to track leased autos, but there is no asset cost to record.

Thanks
Merle

A true lease is a long term rental agreement and not a purchase document.
Most Leasing companies "abandon" the property to the lessee at the end of the
term or sell it at a low disposal rate.  Thus for leases, you have no asset
value.

If your "lease" is a lease purchase with no-charge or $1 abandonment at the
end, you could use the NEW option.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Merle Schwickerath" wrote:

> In the fixed asset module, one can pick the "type" of asset (new, used,
> leased).  We have leased autos.  Is anyone using the "leased" option & for
> what purpose?  Can you tell me how you are using it.  It might be a good way
> to track leased autos, but there is no asset cost to record.
>
> Thanks
> Merle
0
info4071 (3005)
10/29/2008 2:47:01 PM
You should be able to use it to track leased auto (operating lease I'm
assuming since there is no asset cost) and track some maintenance and
custodian information if that helps.

Mark

On Oct 29, 9:35=A0am, Merle Schwickerath
<MerleSchwicker...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> In the fixed asset module, one can pick the "type" of asset (new, used,
> leased). =A0We have leased autos. =A0Is anyone using the "leased" option =
& for
> what purpose? =A0Can you tell me how you are using it. =A0It might be a g=
ood way
> to track leased autos, but there is no asset cost to record.
>
> Thanks
> Merle

0
mpolino (496)
10/29/2008 2:51:44 PM
Merle,

I don't believe anything happens differently in Fixed Assets based on the
Asset Type, it's just for grouping/reporting/information.

As to how/why....some people like to track ALL assets in one place,
regardless of whether they are capitalized or not....it's just a central
place to store the information.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Merle Schwickerath" <MerleSchwickerath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:14C2D8B7-4E6B-4479-BAC7-5A9A5AA8CC74@microsoft.com...
> In the fixed asset module, one can pick the "type" of asset (new, used,
> leased).  We have leased autos.  Is anyone using the "leased" option & for
> what purpose?  Can you tell me how you are using it.  It might be a good
> way
> to track leased autos, but there is no asset cost to record.
>
> Thanks
> Merle

0
victoria (3340)

outlook will not auto send/recv
I have set up options, mail delivery to automatically check and send mail every 5 minutes. I checked the box that includes all accounts. But it does not work. I have to manually click send/receive to do a mail transfer. What am I missing? I believe you must configure everything to connect to the LAN. Here it works fine (settings all the options to LAN, even though I use a modem). - JD >-----Original Message----- >I have set up options, mail delivery to automatically >check and send mail every 5 minutes. I checked the box >that includes all accounts. But it does not w...

Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to
How to set-up next feature Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) Ed I have not seen an auto-response feature in CRM. "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bac01c3b4e3$2ca0d6e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How to set-up next feature > Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to > customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) > ...

Auto calc
When i enter a fraction as 10/5 it automatically calculates it to 2. Is there a way to automatically calculate something like 2.89/5 and have it calculate it as .578? Any help is greatly appreciated. If you enter 10/5 in most settings of Excel that would be interpreted as a date, like May 10. If you enter =10/5 it would be interpreted as a formula and show the result, 2. If you enter =2.89/5 you'll probably see .578 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Jkalsch" <Jkalsch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E53D7AC-239F-48CC-8CE6-A3AD6222A941@microsoft.com... | W...

Auto spell correction
Pretty basic...But I can't work it out. I have a table that just has a list of acronyms and then the description next to them. One acronym is 'CNA' = Customer not available However access keeps changing it to 'CAN' I've looked everywhere to turn this off, but cant find owt. I wouldnt mind but it is bound to a external report generated by another company and they wont change the acronym! Any pointers? Sorted, found the Auto correect menu and deleted CNA from the list. "Steve B" <meinthecorner@gmail.com> wrote in message news:CEB28289-2C77-42...

partially turning off auto calculate?
Any way to NOT auto caluculate 1 particular formula, while leaving the rest of excel to auto calculate? In particular, I have an SQL query I would prefer to run manually, while not interferring with the rest of my workbook(s) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Calculation is an all or nothing setting. You can't prevent calculation of specific ranges. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com ...

Auto Settle of EDC
Does anyone else think that MS should add the option to have the EDC settled automatically at a preprogrammed time? We are a Deli location and I've had to setup a separate login for employees to use that only allows them to go into Manager and settle the EDC batch. They have logout on POS, log back in with this user ID so that then they have the privilege to exit the POS. Then, they have to log into Manager, settle, exit, then reopen POS. Stand-alone terminals give the option of auto closing at the end of the day, why not RMS? Why don't you set up your users to have acce...

how to set up a column in excel so it can auto number
I am trying to auto number a column in excel so I do not have to do it. I tried to Format the cell but i don't see an option to do so. Just type 1 in A1 and 2 in A2 (or any two numbers of whatever sequence you want)..........then highlight BOTH of them and grab the little black square in the bottom right corner of A2 and drag it down the column.........if you want to autofill from there on, one row at a time as you use them, you will need a macro....... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Excel questions" <Excel questions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A...

Entourage
How can I auto delete mail I have identified as junk mail? Create a junk mail rule. It will automatically delete mail identified as junk by the Junk Mail Filter and your own rules, but you'll need to run the rule manually on mail you manually mark as junk. <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/rules/rules_junk.html#Anchor-Basic-49575> On 9/20/03 2:56 PM, in article BB926164.6CFF%DPTYLER@NTLWORLD.COM, "DAVID TYLER" <DPTYLER@NTLWORLD.COM> wrote: > How can I auto delete mail I have identified as junk mail? > -- Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac) PowerPo...

Auto calculate
I am trying to find a formula that automatically calculates multiples of 32. if it is not a multiple of 32 then I wnat he cell to be blank. Any suggestions? if page count =32 then sig should = 1 if page count = 64 then sig should = 2 and so on.... See spreadsheetsample below. I manually have to fill in the 'sig' column with the number. Thanks, barb # of pages Page count Sig 2 2 2 4 2 6 2 8 2 10 2 12 2 14 2 16 2 18 2 20 2 22 2 24 2 26 2 28 2 30 2 32 1 2 34 2 36 2 38 2 40 2 42 2 44 2 46 2 48 2 50 2 52...

How to disable auto lock
By the group policy, all PC's which are joined to the domain are forced to be locked after 15 minutes of inactivity.Is there any way to disable this auto lock on client-side? The situation is like the following. I am using a virtual machine and this is also joined to the domain (using "Bridged connection"). When I am using my PC, I often running the virtual machine too, but I do not constantly use it. When I am trying to use the virtual machine, it is often locked. I think disabling the lock in a VM does not cause any security hole, because the real host PC will be loc...

email addresses not updating auto
I'm creating users w/mailboxes and adding mailboxes to users that didnt have mailboxes but they are receiving settings from Exchange server. If you go to the email address tab on the user account is blank. This had been working for us. Please help. On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:29:03 -0800, Vic <Vic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm creating users w/mailboxes and adding mailboxes to users that didnt have >mailboxes but they are receiving settings from Exchange server. If you go to >the email address tab on the user account is blank. This had been working for >us...

Auto-populating date field
Hello All, I have a date field that I would like autopopulated on the loading of the form. Its just a one time population of the current date it was created. We still need the ability for the users to modify the value, so its just a one time thing. Thanks! ...

Auto insert of date
I'm trying to input some datas using preparedStatement and among those coiumns one column is of type "smalldatetime" i wish to input the current date and time at which i execute this query, how can i achieve this in JDBC or what is the sql query for this. I'm not sure if we're talking JET SQL or T-SQL or something else here? In JET SQL you want the Date() function, something like ... INSERT INTO Table1 ( TestDate ) SELECT Date() AS Expr1; If you're using T-SQL you want the GETDATE() function, something like ... INSERT INTO dbo.Table1 (Test...

Auto fill drop down boxes
Is there a way to delete a name that appears twice in a drop down auto fill box? Hi Fred This should not happen. Each item in the dropdown list should be unique. What probably is the poroblem, is that some of 'apparently the same' entries, maybe have a space after the last character. Try the Trim function on your data. Yours, Mathew "Fred" <fredlh@attbi.com> wrote in message news:005901c38cf0$341a89e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to delete a name that appears twice in a > drop down auto fill box? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AV...

Excel hangs when using auto filters.
Have to use task manager to close excel. ...

Auto Close POS
Hello All, I would like to present a suggestion and pose a question of the same. We have two stores and in both locations we have found little use for NOT posting a z report at the end of each day (as in a blind close). That is to say, all of our cash reconciliation reporting is required to be closed daily and then the zz report to be run on the last day of the month. There is never to be any deviation from this. We have, in fact, been faced with the problem of our staff (cashiers) forgetting to post the z or zz report on time. And so my question (suggestion, if this has not been addr...

Can I insert Auto Text of Last Updated in Excel 2003?
Can i do the above on a sheet or in a Header/Footer? Using a macro yes http://tinyurl.com/4d4of -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "jess_steven" <jess_steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC065FC2-1B52-40D0-BB3E-04DDE7872268@microsoft.com... > Can i do the above on a sheet or in a Header/Footer? ...

Auto Invoice numbering
I need a auto invoice numbering on a new worksheet that can add a consequence invoice number from the previous worksheet number. Any help is greatly appreciated. Hi see your reply in Excel.programming P.S.: please don't multipost -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "unkown" <jshim168@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Ohscc.35941$Ig.13976@pd7tw2no... > I need a auto invoice numbering on a new worksheet that can add a > consequence invoice number from the previous worksheet number. > > Any help is greatly appreciated. > > For the benefi...

Auto-Recommend Names in To: field
When I'm typing addressees in an Outlook message, it will recommend one or more names after the first few letters. For example, if I type in "and" it will recommend "anderson, sven" and "andrews, della" which is great. The problem, one person I used to email frequently has left and is no longer in the global address list on exchange. However, when I start typing in the last name (which is similar to another employee) that person's name pops up in the list. Where are those entries stored, and how can I edit it to delete that entry... I have searched hig...

Exch 5.5 services not auto-starting
None of my Exch 5.5 services on my Win2k server with start on boot up; I have to manually start each one. They are configured to use an Administrative login, although I have tried the SA as well in the past and that hasn't worked either. If someone could provide some insight, point me to some docs or a KB article, I'd be grateful. Thanks, Todd. I am using the Exchange server services account..... "Todd" <sliderxp21REMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vuccn69d8s9q3c@corp.supernews.com... > None of my Exch 5.5 services on my Win2k server with start on ...

Auto copy and insert a defined number of rows as defined in a cell
Hi I don't know much about VBA but could probably work something out. I need to produce carton labels from a spreadsheet using Word to mail merge and the labels need to include 1 of 10, 2 of 10 on them. The number of labels required is dependant on a number which is included for each row of data in the spreadsheet. What I am doing at the moment is copying each row and insert pasting the additional number of rows required. In the new rows I then add 1 of 10 in the first row, 2 of 10 in the second row etc. etc. This then enables me to perform the mailmerge. I have around 300...

Auto filter #7
Is it possiable to filter more than 1000 rows with autofilter? and if so, how? Select your range and apply the data|autofilter. I bet you're seeing a maximum of 1000 unique entries under that dropdown. The range is still filtered--excel just shows a max of 1000 entries. Debra Dalgleish has some tips you may like: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits (and you could always use a custom filter and type what you want (or contains what you want). Lisa Files wrote: > > Is it possiable to filter more than 1000 rows with autofilter? and if so, how? -- Dave Peters...

CRM 4: Auto populating date in Quote form...
In Quote, there is a date field "Effective To". I need to auto populate this field with a date "Create Date of Quote + 30". This should happen while creating the quote. Can I do this through Java Script? What is the best way to achieve this? Requesting your help. Here you go: if(crmForm.FormType == 1) { var day = 30; var date = new Date(); date.setDate(date.getDate() + day); crmForm.all.effectiveto.DataValue = date; } HTH SS "badri1203@gmail.com" wrote: > In Quote, there is a date field "Effective To". > I need to auto populate this field wit...

Copy and paste data from Auto Filter / Subtotal (or apply a formula to filtered data)
I have Excel 2003 at work and Excel 2000 on one of my computers at home. I am not sure how much this feature differs between the two programs, but I am defintitely experiencing this problem on my work computer: When I apply autofilter and then copy the data and try to paste it onto another worksheet, it pastes all the data, not just the visible data (i.e the data that is still visible when autofilter is applied). I have just tried this on my home computer (2000) and the results are a little more unpredictable. Sometimes it will paste only the visible data, but sometimes it pastes all the dat...

Auto Recovery #5
Our office just had a power failure which lasted for about 3 seconds but it was long enough to shut down all the computers. There were three of us working on different Excel files. Mine was saved on the hard drive, one employee saved to the network and the other to the desktop. My files were all recovered even the ones I had not saved. The files of the other two employees were not recovered and they were both previously saved. I checked the AutoRecover setting on the computers and they were all activated, with the "Save AutoRecover info" set up to save every 10 minute...