Landed Costs Setup help

Hello, I would appreciate some advice on landed costs setup.

Let=92s say I import goods from Germany.  I use a shipping company
called CargoShipers, Inc.  CargoShippers takes care of handling the
shipping costs, duty and inspection fees.  So I go into inventory and
setup 3 service type items for shipping, duty and inspection.  But
what do I set the inventory asset account to?  These are really
expenses right?

Then once I create the service type inventory items, I need to create
3 landed cost ids =96 one for each type and assign those ids to
CargoShippes as the vendor correct?

Is it required to add the landed costs to the PO or to the Receiver?
And if you forget to add LC a to the Receiver can you add it when you
receive the invoice for the items?  I didn=92t see a landed cost link on
the invoice screen.

Thanks
 Michelle
0
mickieparis

6MB msg. stuck in Outbox,tried help method, to cumbersome-ideas?
6MB msg. stuck in Outbox,tried help method, to cumbersome-ideas? "DeLoy" <DeLoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D2AC4BE-5044-42D6-8F86-CCE55F79534D@microsoft.com... > 6MB msg. stuck in Outbox,tried help method, to cumbersome-ideas? Click File and check Work Offline. Stop and restart Outlook. Delete the message. Click File and uncheck Work Offline. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Can't get Outlook 2003 to close all the way---Please help
Hi all, I just installed Office 2003 on a Windows XP professional System. I can't get outlook to shut down all the way. I've searched Google and have discovered that this is not an isolated incident and that many are having this problem. I have not been able to located a posting that provides a soultion yet. Can anyone help? I do have a Pcoket PC with Active Sync installed. I also deleted my existing pst file and created a new one with no data in it and I still have the same problem. Please help. This product has bee out for a little while and with the widespread amount of people who...

Visual Basic Help Wizard/Index problem, can't get cursor
I am able to bring up the help file in an excel workbook with no problems. However, in the VBA help file I can only access the contents portion. I cannot get a cursor in the Answer Wizard or Index Areas - I only get a cursor with arrows pointing left and right but cannot enter any text in the keyword field, etc. I recently updated from my original office with the SR-1 updates, not sure if this could be related. Appreciate any insights. Hi ...., Use Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up the Task Manager (not to reboot) In the process tab select msohelp.exe and then the "En...

Help with Shared Calendars and contacts in Entourage
Hi ive recently set-up my exchange server on PC and have easily set-up my PC's account. I have set-up my Mac accounts but have one problem. I cant get access to any shared calendars or address books through entourage 2004. Does anyone know what im doing wrong? Any help is a plus. Thank you. James. You probably ought to post this to an Entourage newsgroup. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Mac Station" <macstation@sasdesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:BF3CE795.3CA%macstation@sasdesign.co.uk... > Hi ive...

Help requested in formulating Functions and script to create a mat
Visual Studio.net 2003, SQL Server Report Designer, SQL Query Analyser. I have a table of milestones with data such as project, miletone name, baseline date, planned date and actual date. My task is to produce a chart that has months in the columns and for each month a set of blocks of data, made by concatenating fileds form the table, for milestones due in that month. I can extract the 'blocks' of data easily enough but when I put them in columns each successive month starts on a new line below those of the previous month. I need it so that the first milestone of each ...

Help With Formula #5
I have data in a worksheet A B C 1 Verify 2% 99% 2 Audit 2% 98% 3 Account 5% 97% 4 Forward 4% 96% 5 Place 5% 95% I have another cell (F1) in the sheet that i would like to list the text in A1, but only if B1 is at least 5% if not then I want it to list A2, but only if B2 is at least 5% and so on down to A5. Please Help. What happens with row 3 and row 5? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Report Lackey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:033b01c3d62d$ebd800e0$a401280a@phx....

Installing Exchange Email Router Setup
When I install Exchange Email Router on our exchange server, we get the following error: Action Microsoft.crm.setup.exchange.installserviceAction failed Object reference not set to an instance of an object. The progress bar ends at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Exchange.SinkServiceInstaller Does anyone have an idea what could cause this? Thx in advance ...

Linq select from datatable help
Hi, I have a datatable with your typical ID column and a notes column. I'm trying to get the notes for a specific id passed to my method. Lanquage: C# datatable is dtConfig iID is passed into the method Here is my (non-working :) ) linq code: var sNotes = (from row in dtConfig.AsEnumerable() where row.Field<int>("ID") == iID select row.Field<String>("Notes")); What am I doing wrong? PS: I'd like to return a string rather then a var if possible, ie: string sNotes = .... Thanks. G Nevermind, I found the issue. I needed to add...

HELP! X.400 Two Organizations Same SMTP
We are doing a migration from 5.5 to 2k3 and are having issues. We have two organizations which have the same smtp address, different X.400 addresses. The 5.5 is a hub and spoke configuration, where the IMC is on a hub, and the ADC and X.400 connect to a spoke. Mail routes from 2k3 to 5.5 without issue, and from 5.5 to 2k3 ONLY if the x.400 address is listed in the general tab in email. Otherwise, messages get forwarded to out IMC, which is set for the SMTP to be inbound only, and the mail loops until it is NDR'ed. The ADC automatically places an SMTP address there, and I don't wa...

Pivot table help I think !
Hi All, I have a report I need to create which goes as follows. I have a data list of around 56k records. The rows contain this; category 1, category 2, category 3, call id and Date I've created a pivot table with Cat1, cat2, cat 3 on the row area, Count of Call ID in the data area and date in the column area (this is grouped by Month). I'm looking at the months of Mar, Apr and May. I want to sort it, in descending order, by the difference of 'Count of Call ID' there is between Mar and May. If I cannot perform the calculation in the pivot table, is there a way of ungroupi...

Totals Query Help!
Hi, I have a table with the following fields: Manufacturer Model Value SoldMonth What I'm trying to do is write a query that will give me an average Value for each month, but I want the average to be based only on records where the Model is consistent across all months. So if Model x is missing from one or more months all records for that model would be excluded from all the overall Monthly averages. So the query will only average records where the Model is present in each month. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Regards.....Jason It'll help us if you can ...

Budget Probelem
In Money 2005 Standard, I have both credit card account and normal cheque account. How do I budget for making payments to my credit card from my cheque account? If I categorise the payment as a transfer between accounts, I can't budget for this item. If I categorise this item as a credit card payment the other side, on the credit card account, gets categorised as income, which in artificially increasing my income. Can any one help? Budget is about getting richer or poorer, not where your cash goes. (Forecast Cash Flow is all about that.) When you charge something on the card you ge...

Help with Lookup/Sum Formula
I have a spreedsheet with this type of data, for example Product Group Quantity Size 2812 10 0.75 2812 100 0.75 2812 300 0.5 2817 100 0.25 2817 200 1 2845 1000 1.5 I want to be able to set up a formula that you enter a product grou (2812) in a cell and it will for that product group go and sum up al the quantities for each size. The formula would go in the Sum colum For Example ...

need help with KB article Q315407.
I need to use this registry tweak to optimize our memory usage on Exch2003 on Server2003. We now have 2 GB memory and the system is rebooting or blue-screening after 8 hours or so. The problem is that the article says to click Edit > Add Value in the Registry Editor, but the only options available are Edit > New > String Value, Binary Value, Word Value, etc.. Which Value do I create ? ? Thanks. dword "chrism" <chris@no_spam> wrote in message news:O$3C$IVhEHA.904@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I need to use this registry tweak to optimize our memory usage on Ex...

Landed Costs #3
I deal with hundreds of different landed costs vendors each year. They change frequently and it is getting difficult to create or modify a landed cost everytime I have a new vendor. Great Plains seems to let me create a landed cost without a vendor associated with it, but when I do that is there a proper way to go about paying these vendors later? I would prefer to be able to just create a temporary vendor in AP for each of these landed costs, but wouldn't my accrued purchases effectively double as a result of the landed cost debiting my accrued purchases and the AP invoice debiting my ac...

Help #6
I am a student I Niagera college and am working with excel, I have a n ifstatmet that is giving the correct answer but its not solving the anser. The statment : =IF(G9>B3,+"sum(G9*C3)",+"sum(G9*1)") The Answer sum(G9*C3) The problemi is that it is the wright answer but it will not tally the sum. Help me PLZ How about: =IF(G9>B3,G9*C3,G9) the use of the SUM function is wastefull (as there is nothing to sum), as it is the multiplication by 1. Regards, KL "Niagera College Student" <Niagera College Student@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

List Box
I am stumped and need some assistance - PLEASE. New to List Boxes. I have created two unbound list boxes on an unbound form to use as criteria for a report. Both list boxes (lboxCategory and lboxSupplier) have two fields CategoryID and Category and SupplierID and Supplier sorting ascending on latter fields. The Multi-Select property is set to Extended. I have a command button cmdPreview that I would like to use to preview the report after selections are made. I will select two or more choices from each list box at a time. Can anyone get me started with the code I need to make this h...

HELP! Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy is not intended for direct use, please use the public SDK.
Can someone post the following DLL's from CRM 1.2? They should be on the installation CD. If you want to e-mail send to robert[at] ockhamgroup.com Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll (1.2.3297.0) Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Types.dll (1.2.3297.0) Details... I'm attempting the following solution: Moving External Data into Microsoft CRM: Lead Generation http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms913871.aspx http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/4/5/e45c4994-6878-4871- 8699-6793b8f13c34/leadgeneration.exe What I need is either: 1. a working compiled LeadGenerator.exe executable; o...

Internal error.. any help?
Can anybody please help me in fixing this link error that i get in my VC++ project? Linking... LINK : error : Internal error during ReadSymbolTable ExceptionCode = C0000005 ExceptionFlags = 00000000 ExceptionAddress = 0040ED6B NumberParameters = 00000002 ExceptionInformation[ 0] = 00000001 ExceptionInformation[ 1] = 00000000 CONTEXT: Eax = 40070F98 Esp = 0012EAC4 Ebx = 3FFF0000 Ebp = 004695A8 Ecx = C0000A40 Esi = 40070F5C Edx = 00000000 Edi = 3FFF01C0 Eip = 0040ED6B EFlags = 00010202 SegCs = 0000001B...

Help with relations
Hello. I have quite a problem with relations, imagine a table Clients and a table Products. if i relate them one to one... i would have the table Products with a list of products, price, quantity, date, and a yes/no object called Buy(to return results on a query for reports) the problem is with date... how can i relate or create fields and make this work..the way i could know when a certain product was bought, like keeping a history of every purchase of every client... I just cannot figure it out ... could anyone help.. Thanks. K, The classic order entry scenario is shown in the sample dat...

CRM SFO setup
Hi Everyone: I am having some problems with the SFO client. Situation: I have a machine that is not joined to the domain. The machine is updated accordingly with all of the latest SP's. At this point it is joined to the domain. Now, at this point there are 2 different profiles. The one for the local machine and then the one for the domain. All of my outlook is on the local machine. I proceed to log onto the domain and then my outlook does the new installation as it should. Here is my BIG situation: This machine is a travelling machine is rarely in the office. There mi...

Mortgage Account setup wrongly
I have a Mortgage account with a wrong opening balance, and wrong first payment transaction. My payment schedules are correct. I would like to correct each entry of this account. Would this mess out my account, payment schedules and historical reconciled payments? Most likely if you try to make changes to previous transactions, something will get messed up. How you deal with this all depends upon how badly you want to keep the transactions linked between the accounts. Personally, I don't like any linked transactions if I can avoid it, so I would either just make an adjustment to th...

Help! How do I restore a file?
I accidentally saved a new file with the same name as an existing one, and clicked 'override', forgetting they were in the same location. How do I restore the original file that I accidentally overrode? Thank you! On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 20:48:01 -0800, A Person <A Person@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I'm not sure this is a question about Microsoft Access, the topic of this newsgroup. Anyway, you have to restore the previous version from a backup you made previously. The exact procedure will be documented in the help file for your backup software. -Tom. Micro...

Need help with the query.
How can I get desire results below. I cannot seem to figure this out. Any help is greatly appreciate. IF OBJECT_ID('Tempdb.dbo.#Temp', 'u') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE #Temp GO CREATE TABLE #Temp ( UserHistoryId INT NULL, UserId VARCHAR(6) NULL, EventDate DATETIME NULL ) GO INSERT INTO dbo.#Temp([UserHistoryID],[UserId],[EventDate])VALUES (664, 'User1', CONVERT(DATETIME, 0x00008eac00000000)) INSERT INTO dbo.#Temp([UserHistoryID],[UserId],[EventDate])VALUES (1014, 'User1', CONVERT(DATETIME, 0x00009c2600ef152a)...

HELP! CFtpConnection GetFile cause memory leaking, WHY?
I'm trying to use CFtpConnection GetFile to download files from a WS_FTP server. I found if I download 1000 files (Size from 17KB to 25KB ), it can cause about 10M memory leaking. When I commented out the GetFile( ) line, there was no memorry leaking. WHY? Following is part of my source code: try { // Request a connection to Image Server //Use default FTP Port //Use Passive MODE pConnect =3D sess.GetFtpConnection(strISIP,strFtpUser,...