Landed Costs Setup help

Hello, I would appreciate some advice on landed costs setup.

Let=92s say I import goods from Germany.  I use a shipping company
called CargoShipers, Inc.  CargoShippers takes care of handling the
shipping costs, duty and inspection fees.  So I go into inventory and
setup 3 service type items for shipping, duty and inspection.  But
what do I set the inventory asset account to?  These are really
expenses right?

Then once I create the service type inventory items, I need to create
3 landed cost ids =96 one for each type and assign those ids to
CargoShippes as the vendor correct?

Is it required to add the landed costs to the PO or to the Receiver?
And if you forget to add LC a to the Receiver can you add it when you
receive the invoice for the items?  I didn=92t see a landed cost link on
the invoice screen.

Thanks
 Michelle
0