Just one more table to link!!!!!!

--
Kate Hulit
Asyma Systems Inc.
0
KateHulit (14)

I can help you but need more details. Can you email me the report at
staceyleelee@hotmail.com

"Kate Hulit" wrote:

> --
> Kate Hulit
> Asyma Systems Inc.
0
Stacey (160)
10/1/2006 3:17:01 AM
If you are trying to link tables to a report and are finding it difficult to
create the relationship, you can always use VBA if you are registered for
Modifier & VBA to read the data directly from SQL.

Just a thought.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

Micorosoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Kate Hulit" wrote:

> --
> Kate Hulit
> Asyma Systems Inc.
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

how do I change picture resolution of all pictures at one time?
I have a large catalogue with over 150 pictures. I have the high res pictures in the file for commercial printing, however would like an e-mailable catalogue and in order to do this I need to change the resolution of all the pictures. Is there a way of doing this all at once? Thanks, Stephen print the cat. to a pdf and email the pdf to your clients. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Stephen" <Stephen @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:344EE8B6-8748-4271-B8C6-C77663F7AB80@microsoft.com... > I have a large catalogue...

Writing to one trace file from Web Service
Presumably a trivial question... I want to write trace information from a web service to a log file using the Trace Class. Is this possible without closing and opening the Trace in every single web method? Code: public Webservice() System.IO.FileStream ts = new System.IO.FileStream(traceFile,System.IO.FileMode.Append); Trace.Listeners.Remove (Trace.Listeners[0]); Trace.Listeners.Add(new TextWriterTraceListener(ts)); Trace.WriteLine("Constructor " + System.DateTime.Now.ToString()); Trace.Close(); [WebMethod] public WebMethod () { System.IO.FileStream ts = ...

More than one Table
I have an Old table TABLE 1 in an application which has a check fields CHK1, CHK2 in it. I have recently upgraded the application so that the check field are now a series of records in a sub-form TABLE 2. QUESTION I want to increment through TABLE 1 one record at a time, then run a conditional statement to see if CHK1, CHK2 is yes in each respective check field and if it is I want to open TABLE 2 and add record to TABLE 2 so that reflects the respective CHKn. My question is can 2 recordsets be open simultaneously and if so how do I swap between the 2 so that my VBA applic...

Emergency: Move Outlook from one computer to another
I have a computer that has a fried motherboard that needs to be sent in for repairs. I need to move my Outlook 2K from the broken machine's harddrive to a backup machine. I can't find the default Outlook .pst or whatever file to the new machine. Does anyone know how to do this? Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Martin" <Martin@TWCourts.com> wrote in message news:058801c3c441$039b17c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a computer that has a fried motherboard that nee...

Receive one message to multiple user mailboxes
Hello all, Does anyone know if there is a way to have a single message routed to multiple users? When they had an ISP handling the mail, they just set Outlook to save the messages on the server, and had multiple users pull mail from that box. Now with Exchange Server, they want a message sent to admin@domain.com to drop into 2 or 3 different user mailboxes. Is this possible? or do they have to setup a common mailbox and give the users access to it? or other suggestions?? Thank you in advance. you need only to configure a distribution group with the smtp address admin@domain.com, ...

Reading text files one line at a time
Hello everyone, I'm using Visual Studio .Net and I would like to know how can I read a text file, line by line? Knowing that at the end of each line there is a new line character. Thanks, Geo Use the CStdioFile MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Geo" <Geo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60119E6F-2BB2-4E4B-B689-F7BB1FE0706D@microsoft.com... > Hello everyone, > > I'm using Visual Studio .Net and I would like to know how can I read a text > file, line by line? Knowing that at the end o...

Delete Rows from Data Table
I used the dummy columns method to create a 2 axes column chart and it worked great! However, I want to be able to show the data table with the chart, but I don't want the 2 dummy columns to show up on the table. I try right- clicking on the chart to delete those 2 rows that I don't want from the table, but it doesn't allow me to clear it. Any ideas? Data tables are hard to work with. You have limited formatting options, and you can't have data in the chart that doesn't show up in the data table. You could make your own data table in the worksheet range under the ...

A new one on me.
I drive the Windows XP Home Edition SP 3 Until today it has performed the way it was designed. Three times today I worked with it as usual when about 30 to 45 minutes after booting up, the operating system stopped funtioning. The arrow disappeard, Control, Alt, Delete, did not wake up the Task Manager, turning a printer on or of brought no reaction from the PC, did not activate the red light . Re-booting worked normally. Then it occurred again. Any ideas? Nurmi Overheating? Cleaning the Interior of your PC: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutoria...

Importing Journal Entries Using Table Import
Hello I am doing some research to see which methods would work best for importing journal entries created in a third-party application into Great Plains. So far I've completed the process using the integration manager and now I am researching the table import method. The table import process is causing me some problems because I cannot get the account numbers to import. There is a typo in the GL Transacton Entry SDK document I have, so I am trying to work around it. I am not an Engineering, my background is more of end-user. If someone has some suggestions on how to map to the ac...

how to rotate excel table in word
I insert a excel worksheet in word and like to rotate it Select the area in the worksheet you want to move to Word. While hold down the shift key, pull-down Edit > Copy Picture. In Word, just paste. Because the item is now a picture, you can use the drawing toolbar to rotate it to any desired angle -- Gary''s Student "dro" wrote: > I insert a excel worksheet in word and like to rotate it Thanks, its working just fine for me. "Gary''s Student" wrote: > Select the area in the worksheet you want to move to Word. While hold down > the ...

Producing combined table grouped by categories
Hi! I have two tables: Categories and Expenses. Categories table has 3 fields: CategoryID CategoryName CategoryDescription 1 Stationaries Office materials, pens, paper, etc. 2 Petrol Petrol for company vehicles 3 Vegetables Expenses related to vegetables 4 Fruits Expenses related to fruits 5 Utilities Gas, electricity, water, etc Expenses table has 4 fields: ExpenseID CategoryID ExpenseName AmmountSpent 4 ...

VB reference to table field
I've got this code, but I need to figure out the syntax for the !COMMENT part. I want it to refer to the master table's COMMENT field. This code, however is in the main form. I've tried [Tables]!Table1.Comment among others, but it gives an error. Any help? Thanks!!! With Me.RecordsetClone .AddNew !Name = Me.Name !DOB = Me.DOB !COMMENT = .Update "Mark1" <Mark1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I've got this code, but I need to figure out the syntax for the !COMMENT ...

Macro not working when subform is linked to form
Hello, I know this has to be a really easy fix, but I've fought with it all morning and I just can't figure it out. I have a subform that has four fields (PRODUCT, AREA, SPACE, RACK). The rack and space are based on queries that use the area as the parameter, so that the rack and space choices change when the area changes. This all works just fine until I put the subform in a form that links the two by product. Then I get an error message that says I'm trying to apply a filter and haven't selected an object to apply it to. Can you help me with this??? Thanks! ...

Upgrade to Excel 03
I use a simple template in Excel for invoicing. I make an invoice and when I save the file, my clients name and the total of the invoice are then saved to another Excel file that tracks all my invoices for the year. I upgraded to Excel 03 and now it does not transfer the value in my invoices to the tracking sheet. When I open my invoice template I get a " Cannot open template wizard" error. It;'s been so long I don't remember how I set this system up in the first place. Can anyone help me fix this so it will work in 03? Thanks ...

Linking to workbook filename by cell contents
I'm linking to a sheet. My sheet has contents A1 as input. Let's say it's "John Smith" In my sheed I need something like this in other cells. ='K:\[??.xls]Client1'$E$8 where "??" is the contents of cell A1 in my sheet. I've messed with quoting and parens, concatenations but just can't noodle out the syntax. Many thanks in advance! Hi if the other file is not closed have a look at INDIRECT. If the other file is closed see: � http://tinyurl.com/2c62u -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany jjs wrote: > I'm linking to ...

one note opens all folders
For a couple of weeks now onenote opens all the folders on my computer as the default. I just want it to do the 'explore' option as normal. It only opens folders in onenote, not the documents or other file types contained within them, they open as normal. I've tried to reset the defaults for folders through control panel with no success. I've read you can delete a key in the registry to fix this but I'm not sure about doing this. My computer runs vista and onenote 2007. I'm not sure what's caused the problem, my computer's aniti-virus Kaspe...

excel links #5
Running excel X for a mac, 2001. Have workbooks with links that are not locatable by searching for "!" in worksheets, and link to deleted Workbooks. Am unable to find link source, or find link destination workbook, or change links. Copying worksheets to a new Workbook takes the links with them. Have exhausted net search. Can anyone help me to kill these pesky links, please? Mike Sometimes the links are in Names in Insert>Name>Define. In addition.............. Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA from Stephen Bullen's site. http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default....

Copy to a Word Table
Hi I am trying to write some vba code in Excel 2007 to paste a range into a Word (either 2003 or 2007) table. My code so far, selects the correct table and selects the top (blank) row in the table. I cannot get the next part correct. I need to: 1. Insert the correct number of rows in the Word table to accommodate the Excel data. I have used noRows = Selection.Rows.Count 2. Select those rows that have been inserted and paste the data to these rows. When doing this manually it seems to produce the best results, rather than paste as a nested table etc. Any suggestions of the corre...

Basic Pivot Table Question (using 97)
Prior to a week ago I had never heard the term "Pivot Table." I am now working on building a fairly complex workbook and I am thinking that maybe some of what I am doing might be best accomplished using one, but I don't actually understand what it is, or what it does. The various lookup functions just don't seem to be strong/flexible enough for what I am doing. Would someone please explain in "plain english" what a pivot table is and what it does/allows you to do. All the information I have seen seem to assume the possession of this basic knowledge, an...

More than one BackOrder in the same PO
Hi, Could we have more than one back order associated with the same PO in POP using Purchasing Order Preview? Thank you -- Gilberto Villegas GP Business Solutions partner Gilberto, Are you asking about linking multiple Sales Orders to one PO? If it is the case, Yes, you can link it. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Gilberto" wrote: > Hi, > > Could we have more than one back order associated with the same PO in POP > using Purchasing Order Preview? > > Thank you > > -- > Gilberto Villegas > GP Business S...

how to copy formula from one workbook to another
Hi! I have a blank workbook containing many formulas and many worksheets. I use this to create a new workbook everymonth and enter data. After a while, I found a way to improve in a subset of formulas. How can I go back and reapply these formula to the entire workbook (including all worksheets, some of them are identical but others are different) without doing lot of manual work? thank you, prashant -- How about the paste special? It didn't work or not likely what you wer looking for -- hidek ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hideki's P...

DoModal throws an access violation only for one language
Hi, I've posted the first part of my issue here and it got resolved. The second part is what I am still struggling with. It consists of 2 issues. Perhaps someone would be able to help. Please excuse the repeated post. I have a few dialogs, icons, bitmaps, strings that I've localized in the following way: I've created a separate resource only dll which has a separate RC file for each language. This project also has a different build configuration for each language. So that in that configuration only that dll will build and the resources pane in the project properties will be se...

Pivot table numbers turn into dates on refresh
This mystery occurrance has happened to me before but I can't remember how to correct it. Any one with similar experience and a solution please? Visit www.ExcelGoodies.Com...

Great Plains needs a Scheduler for Check Links
Check links maintenance should be ran weekly if not monthly. It would be nice if there was a scheduler to set up jobs to run check links after hours. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow...

Move DB's from one 2003 server to another?
Is it possible to dismount stores on one Ex 2003 server, move the DB to another server and re-mount on the new server without having to move mailboxes using the Exchange Task Wizard? No sure abou moving the actual database. The Exmerge utility can be used to move data on mass. <bjorgenson@charter.net> wrote in message news:1124596591.926312.157510@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to dismount stores on one Ex 2003 server, move the DB to > another server and re-mount on the new server without having to move > mailboxes using the Exchange Task Wizard? > ...