Journal entry # has been entered in another window

While importing GL history data for a new company, we ran into an
issue with a journal entry number. Possibly another user was in at the
same time, but even after everyone is out and all windows are closed
we still get the same message: "Journal entry 5 has been entered in
another window". We could always use a new journal number to enter the
transaction but how to we delete/void this particular JE ?

From KnowledgeBase Article ID: 863850

1. Exit out of Dynamics.

2. Rename, do NOT delete, the GL Transaction Work file, GL10000.*, in
the Finance folder for your company.

3. Launch Dynamics and go to Transactions - Financial - General. Do a
look up on Journal Entry number. Your journal entry will now be
available.

4. Select the Journal Entry you are trying to post. Click on Post and
close the Transaction Entry window. Print the Posting Journals.

5. Exit out of Dynamics again.

6. A new GL10000.* file will exist. Delete the new file and rename the
original GL Transaction Work file back to GL10000.*.

7. Launch Dynamics and go to Transactions - Financial - General. The
Journal Entry will now increment to the correct number.

--

What exactly is the GL Transaction Work file, GL10000? Is it the
GL10000 table?

"Aman" wrote:

> From KnowledgeBase Article ID: 863850
>
> 1. Exit out of Dynamics.
>
> 2. Rename, do NOT delete, the GL Transaction Work file, GL10000.*, in
> the Finance folder for your company.
>
> 3. Launch Dynamics and go to Transactions - Financial - General. Do a
> look up on Journal Entry number. Your journal entry will now be
> available.
>
> 4. Select the Journal Entry you are trying to post. Click on Post and
> close the Transaction Entry window. Print the Posting Journals.
>
> 5. Exit out of Dynamics again.
>
> 6. A new GL10000.* file will exist. Delete the new file and rename the
> original GL Transaction Work file back to GL10000.*.
>
> 7. Launch Dynamics and go to Transactions - Financial - General. The
> Journal Entry will now increment to the correct number.
>
> --
>
> What exactly is the GL Transaction Work file, GL10000? Is it the
> GL10000 table?

0
LeslieVail (702)
4/6/2008 12:38:00 AM
I changed the table name to GL10000.* but I can't seem to log into the
company now!

---
Error: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Invalid object name
'GL10000'.

The stored procedure smCleanupFilesBeforeLogin returned the following
results: DBMS: 208, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0

Your login failed because of a database error. Contact your system
administrator for assistance.
---

I'm using the sa login.
Aman, unfortunately you can't follow the flat file instructions for SQL.  The
flat file databases automatically created the 'file' if it was missing.  SQL
doesn't do that and as you can see, you get errors.  Instead you'll need to
backup that table (or just export all of the data). Complete the procedure
and then import that data back in.  The procedure is explained in Accolade's
book 'MS-SQL for Dynamics Consultants'.  I 'd go through it here, but I
recommend getting your VAR involved to help out.  It's a short procedure and
shouldn't take very long.

www.accoladepublications.com

"Aman" wrote:

> I changed the table name to GL10000.* but I can't seem to log into the
> company now!
>
> ---
> Error: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Invalid object name
> 'GL10000'.
>
> The stored procedure smCleanupFilesBeforeLogin returned the following
> results: DBMS: 208, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0
>
> Your login failed because of a database error. Contact your system
> administrator for assistance.
> ---
>
> I'm using the sa login.

0
LeslieVail (702)
4/6/2008 1:24:00 PM
Leslie:

I'd really appreciate it if you could run through the short procedure.
I don't need to post it; just make the journal entry available and
delete it!

Thanks!

Another Check Box Question
OK here's the deal...In my query I have colmuns as follows... Column 1 is for Zone Column 2 is for Block Number Column 3 is for GPM (gallons per minute) Column 4 is my checkbox for On/Off What I am trying to do is create a way to calculate how many gpm of water is being used. I want to be able to put a check in the box when the water is running in these zones/blocks and have some sort of way to total these gpm. I was thinking that creating another column (5) showing Total and creating some sort of function/expression there to make this calculation but I am at a loss as how to do ...

Java application that calls Windows API methods
I currently have a simple MFC C++ dialog program that uses the Windows API SendMessage() method to send a message to another third-party application (call this "Application X") and I want to recreate that program in Java. The program contains some fairly complicated stuff that handles the SendMessage() calls. It also uses the WindowProc() method to handle the response message sent back from the Application X. I think I have two options to allow me to achieve my goal: 1) Re-write the applicaton in Java and compile my C++ message handling code into a DLL file, then call those m...

Outlook pst file effects Windows credentials
I have a problem more with Outlook 2003 client on XP that causes Windows credentials to expire. I copied a few pst files in the 2002 format locally and pointed to them in 2003 Outlook client. Now every day I get the pop up window to enter password into Outlook and then have to relog on to renew Windows credentials as well. What in the pst file can possible be doing it? I do not of any passwords associated with those pst files. If I convert them to 2003 format will that help? Thanks. ...

moving values from sheet to another
I would like to know if it is possible to create a formula on one shee (sheet 2) and copy that resulting value to another sheet (main sheet) So when I make changes to the formula on sheet 2 it will update on th main sheet and be used in another formula on that sheet (main sheet) Is this possible? Thank you. :) : -- makdaddy92 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- makdaddy925's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2938 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49189 On the main sheet in the ce...

automate entries into document from a excel database
Need help setting up customer info database using Excel and be able to automate data info into various documents (i.e., proposals, letters, statements, mailing labels, etc. Would be much easier not to have to type everything each time. Thanks so much Set up a database of customer info, something like Col A: Company; Col B: Address1; Col C: Address2; Col D: City; Col E:County; Col F Zip Code; etc etc etc Sort this sheet alphabetically on col A. For Labels, do a mail merge to Word For addresses on forms etc, use a VLOOKUP formula, to extract ther data from the database. Iow, if you en...

Instalation failed by C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
I trialled the latest version of Money but realised I was happy with Money 2000 so I uninstalled the trial version and attemped to reinstall Money 2000 only to get a window headed 16 bit Windows Subsysytem which read C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running msdos or microsoft windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the application. Clicking close did nothing and setup would not activate on the Money CD ...

Updating calculations automatically when i enter in new data
Hi, I use excel to store my data and then i do analysis on the data. New data comes in frequently, which means i need to make changes to my formulas and my graphs, which is quite time consuming. So i tried using Define Names to define a region, which makes it a bit easier, and then i tried using the OFFSET method (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q183446). But using that method for big files makes doing calculations slow and excel recalculates all the time (since OFFSET is a volatile function). Is there any other method of doing the same method WITHOUT using a vola...

Re: *Windows XP Firewall
This previous *thread hasn't been updated for almost three years, yet I now have a problem accessing Windows firewall with 'error 1068' popping up stating that Windows Firewall/ICS service can't be started. In Services, Windows Management Instrumentation status is blank and startup type is automatic. Windows Firewall/ICS status is also blank and startup type is automatic and neither can be changed. The command prompt 'cmd /k sc qc sharedaccess' is as displayed: [SC] GetServiceConfig SUCCESS SERVICE_NAME: sharedaccess TYPE : 20 ...

Moving User to another PC
Apologies - I'm a rookie on this subject. I've had a request to move an e-mail user's account from one PC to a new one. We use our own server - how easy is this to do please? Thanks if the mailbox is on an Exchange server, you should only need to set up a new Outlook profile on the new PC... "Reynard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:087601c3ca11$57d3f7f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Apologies - I'm a rookie on this subject. > I've had a request to move an e-mail user's account from > one PC to a new one. > We use our o...

Pivot Table
Hi, In Excel 2007, how do I source a pivot table from another pivot table in the same workbook? In Excel 2003 it had a function in the wizard to do this but in 2007 it doesn't seem to. Thanks, David. Hi David I think you probably mean creating another PT based upon the same source data - which reduces file size. It depends on the route you take to create a PT. If you choose Insert tab>Pivot Table than it will treat the source as being different each time. If you choose Insert tab>Table than form Table Tools>Summarise with Pivot Table, you can create a number of PT's al...

Error Message when open Payroll Void Checks Window
Hello when i go to Transactions >> Payroll >> Void Checks i get this message: "You cannot void Payroll cheques. A computer cheque run is in process." Actually in test environment I try to browse ( UPR_WORK_MSTR) UPR10200 table and find 1 Record . if I delete it then Windows Void Checks opened properly ! The Question here : Is there Any effect if I delete this Record? If yes, what's the solution? To solve your problem goto Transactions --> Payroll --> Build Checks --> click Remove Remove the build check. When you are in process of build checks...

how to activate the trial version of Windows 2008 server R2
I have installed a windows 2008 server R2 trial version but I forgot to activate this product . I know how to rearm the 10 day trial but I want to know how to or where I can activate the trial version for having the 180 day periode to evaluate it . Regards . "Luis" <Luis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4861819C-0427-45A5-83B8-8A01E45F160D@microsoft.com... > I have installed a windows 2008 server R2 trial version but I forgot to > activate this product . I know how to rearm the 10 day trial but I want to > know how to or where I can acti...

Windows Installer Starts Everytime Excel 2007 runs!
I have Office 2007, everytime I run Excel 2007 the Windows Installer/Configuration box pops up and essentially installs Excel(EVERYTIME), as you can see this is very annoying, it takes up to 2 mins or longer many times, I have gone to many sites and forums, I have changed registry values, re-installed it, everythjing I have been told to do,but yet no luck, I have found other similar type of problems with pssible solutions and still no help. If anyone knows how to fix this issue do not hesitate to help. I would greatly appreciate it. Have you seen this one?... http://support.microsoft...

stop recurring meetings moving calender entries
Hi, I have a problem with using recurring meetings on my outlook calender. I have noticed that if make a recurring meeting, then any other events that are supposed to occur at the same time are shifted forward by a day (ie to the same time the next day). Is there anyway to stop this happening? It's extremely annoying and has potential to make me lose data in my calender. Many thanks Chris chris_culley@yahoo.com <chris_culley@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a problem with using recurring meetings on my outlook calender. > I have noticed that if make a recurring meeting, then a...

Only show one Access in the windows task list
I only want to see one occurrence of Access in my windows task list - not one for all open forms. Where do I set that option? -- Diane in the debug window, Ctrl + G, (or code) Application.SetOption("WindowsInTaskBar"), False HtH Pieter "DianePDavies" <DianePDavies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3609D879-ACC9-4CE5-96D3-841806A1C32B@microsoft.com... >I only want to see one occurrence of Access in my windows task list - not >one > for all open forms. Where do I set that option? > -- > Diane ...

How can delegates get new mail notifications for another user's Inbox?
Hello, Lots of our secretaries are setup as delegates and have added their bosses' Inbox folders to their own folder list. However, they only receive new mail notifications on their own Inbox folders and not their bosses''. How can they get a popup/audible notification when messages arrive in their bosses' Inbox folders? We tried creating a rume but they don't appear to to run automatically on delegate folders? Thanks, - Alan. ...

Problem Entering Stock Option Excersized
I ventured into my first stock option and now it has been excersized. I bought a call on JPM which expired on 9/20/08. The call was excersized because the stock was above the strike price. When I try to enter the information into Money Plus HB, it telle me to enter a date between 9/10/2008 and 11/30/1999. Which of course does not make any sense but even if I change the date to within that period I still get the same response about the date. As a work around, I did it as 2 transactions - 1 to sell the shares and the other to have the options expire but I would prefer to show it correc...

payroll journal
Verson 9 - what report do you run when a payroll journal is requested for a 1 year period? What data do you need on the report? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Patti Anderson" wrote: > Verson 9 - what report do you run when a payroll journal is requested for a 1 > year period? ...

How do I get a cell to show the day of the week when date entered
How do I get a cell to show the day of the week when date entered. Example:A1 = 01/02/2005, A2 should Show Monday or MON. I have Excel 2000. Try this: Select the cell(s) that are impacted Format>Cells>Number tab Category: Custom Type: ddd Returns: Mon, Tue, etc Type: dddd Returns: Monday, Tuesday, etc Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Captain" wrote: > How do I get a cell to show the day of the week when date entered. > Example:A1 = 01/02/2005, A2 should Show Monday or MON. > I have Excel 2000. Captain Wrote: > How do I get a ...

return a value from another cell
hi all, i have a problem returning a value from another cell. in sheet 1, i have: column A 'ID' : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 column B 'S' : a, b, c, d, e column C 'C' : A, B, C, D, E this is the basis for the other page, it should be possible to return these different values into the other page. in sheet 2 i have: column A : 1, 3, 1, 5, 4, ... (the same ID values as in sheet 1) column B : S or C ("S" refers to column B in sheet 1, "C" refers to column C in sheet 1), i.e. ID can be either "S" or "C". column C : here's my problem. i w...

Form and subform for partial data entry
While I use Access often, I'm not much of a programmer but can read most of it. My question is I am trying to build a form which pulls information from two different places: ContactTable GroupTable All of the information from the ContactTable is found within the GroupTable. My objective is to have the user open the form and see the contact information in a subform triggered from a vendor number, but not be able to change that information while being able to create a new record from other fields. Also, if the vendor number has not been used before, or no contact ...

Enter date as DDMMYYYY
Hi, I have to enter tons of dates into Excel. Currently I am using the Date-Format for the Cells in the format DD.MM.YYYY As I use the numeric block of the keyboard, it would be very much easier to just enter DDMMYYYY instead, since I have to move the hand for the dot... I tried to use a custom cell format and entered DDMMYYYY as format. When I enter e.g. 24.06.2006, I get an error (#########). Does anyone know how to use my desired cell format? It would greatly help me with the next thousand dates.... Thank you very much Karl Ebener Hi You could enter all of your dates down the column a...

How to populate a column in a row based on a value in another colu
I have several tables and I’m having a problem with my last one. I have two columns in this table, ‘License’, which are populated using combo boxes, and these combo boxes are populated from using queries on other tables: I have an ‘Entitlement’ table with has and Entitlement ID (different to it’s primary Key ID). For each entitlement there can be one or more templates and so I have a ‘Template’ table with a ‘Template ID’. As it happens a template can also be in one or more entitlements so there is also an ‘Entitlement-Template’ table to manage the many to many link. My lic...

UGHHH another url problem, attachment security problem
I sent a web page to myself and tried to open it on a win2Kcomputer. I get a message Attachmetn Security Warning this file may contain a virus that can be harm... save to disk, cancel ------ however when I try to save it- I get another message "Outlook cannot sar the URL rto afile, can't find this file . Make sure the path and file name are correct HOW do I fix this, I have looked and can't find the answer You may want to look into Microsoft KB article 829982. It will allow you to set .url's to be allowed by Outlook, and you may not have this problem anymore. http:/...

Opening messages in a new window
A number of people in my office have developed a problem with Outlook 2000 where they double click an email message to open it in a new window and it hangs. The only thing common to all of them that we are sure of is Smiley Central software. Has anyone else run across this and have a fix for it beyond format and reinstall as simply reinstalling Office 2000 doesn't work? Perhaps some registry entry that the extra software creates, but doesn't delete when uninstalled? Uninstall Smiley Central. See if your problem goes away. Why people download these products (and more importan...