Journal Entry Data Dump

Our auditors want a data dump (into Excel preferably) of all Journal Entries
made during our fiscal year.  Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Kurt,

You can do this in SmartList, under Account Transactions.  Limit the
transaction date range to get just your fiscal year.  Remember to change the
number of transactions SmartList brings back, since by default it's only
1000.  Also, if you get more than about 65,000 transactions back, you will
run into Excel limitations, so you may want to break this up further - maybe
one export per month.

Hope that helps.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Kurt Paradise" <KurtParadise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our auditors want a data dump (into Excel preferably) of all Journal
> Entries
> made during our fiscal year.  Does anyone know of a way to accomplish
> this?
>
> Thanks!

0
victoria (3340)
7/27/2006 1:56:31 PM
If it is all transactions (including the interfaced transactions for
other modules) you will have a lot of lines.  However, if it is just
journal entries you entered, then you can filter those out through the
smart lists, possibly only needing to do two exports (first six months
and last six months).

TK

Kurt Paradise wrote:
> Our auditors want a data dump (into Excel preferably) of all Journal Entries
> made during our fiscal year.  Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this?
>
> Thanks!

0
tkntexas55 (26)

Y2 Axis Labels on Y1 Data Point
I am trying to create a chart that the primary Y axis shows the percent of positive responses for each period in time. Rather than have the actual percent show up as the Data Label, I would like to have N (total number of responses) show as the Data Label for each - or some other visually meaningful way to make this happen. Thanks, Brad K Use one of these free and useful utilities to apply labels from other cells: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Cu...

Should be extra user defined fields in General Entry
It would be helpful for information purposes as well as customization purposes to have a couple of user defined fields for the entire journal entry and possibly a couple for each journal entry line. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft....

data type mismatch
I am working on a report that should return only current members. In the CommitmentDate table, each time a member renews, their renewal date is entered along with the enrollment period which is typically one year. I created a query to give me the date to which the membership is valid. So if a member renews 7/29/2009 for one year, the query returns 7/29/2010 as the "valid to" date. Another column sorts them into "current" or "expired" members based on the current date. The query is working and it follows: SELECT MemberCommitmentDates.MemberLookup, ...

Expanding Data As Needed
I am wondering if there is a way to automatically expand a list of data that varys with clients, as needed. For instance, I have an Input Worksheet, where all information is entered on this page and every other worksheets is linked to the Input Worksheet. As the number of accounts that clients hold varies, is there away to add the acounts to the Input page where it will expand the information of the other worksheets automatically. I would like to prevent the need of having extra spaces to cover the amount of accounts that clients may have. That way if one client has three accounts and the ne...

Show a subform based on data in subform
I have a database for members of an organisation some of whom belong to sub-committees (of which there are many). On the main 'Members' form there is a 'Committees Subform shown. How can I hide the subform if the member does not belong to any of the committees? Your suggestions would be appreciated. -- Thanks Mannie G Hi Mannie - you could use the 'on current' event of the form to check if there is any records in the sub-committee table and hide the subform if no - something like: If DCount("*", "SubCommittee", "[memberI...

Pie chart data labels and lines disappear
Help! I have a couple of pie charts in a file that I've set data labels and values to show. Everytime I close the file, when I reopen it, they're gone, although when I go to chart option, both are checked as being displayed. If I uncheck the boxes, then recheck them, the labels and values show again. Everytime I close the file, the same things happen. What's up with this? ...

data fill sheet 2 from sheet 1 based on criteria
I am trying to Data fill sheet 2 based on criteria match from sheet 1. I have no knowledge of VBA and/or macros and very limited knowledg working with arrays. see sample data below sheet 1 note sheet 1 contains approx 2500 rows column A column B 2295.60 sales.sam 17496 jobs.sue 14.45 trade.john 1775 trade.sam Sheet 2 should look in column B for .sam or .john and when foun return results to sheet 2 columns A and B sheet 2 contain variable number of rows depending on occurrences o sheet 1 Column A column B...

Automatically moving data
I�d like to retrieve data from a table in sheet 1 into financia statements in sheet 2, sheet 3, sheet 4 and sheet 5. Within data source sheet 1: Column A has various cities � New York, LA, Boston etc Column B has various fast food chains � McDonalds, Burger King, Domino Pizza etc Column C has various food selections � fries, burgers, pizza, drink etc Column D has food quantity sold Sheet 2 is actually titled Fries sold Sheet 3 is actually titles Burgers sold Sheet 4 is actually titled pizzas sold Sheet 5 is actually titled drinks sold Okay, within each sheet 2 to 5, will list the city fi...

Data Validation dropdown list
Hello, I am using excel 2007 and am creating a drop down list by selecting "Data Validation" and entering a column I have with different names in it that are repeated over again in no particular order. I need the list to only contain each name once to select from though. Is there any easy way to do this? Thanks, Ben Copy the column of names to another sheet. Advance Filter out duplicates. Name the range of unique items. Use that range name as source in DV list on original sheet. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 13:37:03 -0500, Ben <abc@ef...

Completely Blank Report...no title, data, etc.
I am using Access 2002. I have created five reports that list totals in the footer of each for January through December. They are then all on a report so there is only one report instead of five. They are not linked to each other. All of them show up except one. One of the reports shows nothing at all, not even the title of the report just a huge blank area where the report should be. I'm assuming this is because there isn't any data pulled when the query runs. If I run the report by itself I receive rows of #Errors where all the calculations are but nothing but ...

Automatic Calender Entry after sending a Mail
Hi, if you send an E-Mail, you can add an calender entry by simply pulling the mail out of the sent-folder on the calender symbol. Is this possible simplier ? I think about adding a field for date and time in the form for a new E-Mail. Then outlook should automatically add an calender entry with the Mail based on that date and time. Thank you very much, Yours Ralf Abele ...

Forcing Combo box entry in VBA
In my user form, I have several combo boxes that take their source from various named ranges. The drop down lists work fine but at the moment, a user is able to overwrite whats in the dropdown. How can I ensure that only what is in the drop down is chosen? TIA "Anthony Slater" <AnthonySlater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D124AC9-8614-4619-B8B9-8D1C7AE5A4FB@microsoft.com... > In my user form, I have several combo boxes that take their source from > various named ranges. > > The drop down lists work fine but at the moment, a user is able to o...

Outlook 2003 Journal #2
Does anyone know if I can use Outlook 2003's Journal feature to track files other than Microsoft documents?? I'm particularly interested in tracking Autocad 2007 files. I don't know if it's still around but a few years ago there was an AutoCAD addin for Outlook journaling. See if you can find it in a list of AutoCAD addins on their Web site. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm <pbru...

Access Data format in Excel
Hi, I create an xls file in Access and then use MS Word Mail Merge and read this xls data. For some reason I send the data from Access as whole numbers (Integer and 0 Decimal Places) and yet when the xls spreadsheet is opened by MS Word the column with the data has Integer with 2 Decimal Places. It look silly telling people, in a letter, that they have had something for 66.47 days instead on 66 days. Can someone help me. Thanks - Phil Amey ...

Need help looking up data-vlookup isn't working
I have 2 worksheets. Column A in sheet 1 contains values that I know are in column A of sheet 2. I need only the rest of the values in sheet 2 (in other words, the values that are NOT in sheet one). Thanks! Put this in Sheet2 cell B1 and copy down =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A1,1,FALSE)),A1,"") Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "MMcGee" <MMcGee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B3F7255-3691-4CE3-AB21-B625764F6A91@microsoft.com... > > I have 2 worksheets. Column A in sheet 1 contains values that I know are > ...

Template keeps requiring resizing/fitting after data imported
I have a template to re-import text files and the column headings and column sizes keeps adjusting for some of the columns. Is there any way to keep the settings from the template the same once the data is imported ? Any ideas or suggestions ? I'm using Excel 2003 TIA George Your might record your headings and column sizes in a macro. Either create a macro button and call the result from there or call it from worksheet change. The latter requires no effort to update. Depending how your worksheet is used it may give an unacceptable performance hit. -- Steve "George Lewyck...

addition of new data to value already in a cell
A friend would like to be able to go to a cell that contains the value 3, type in 4, and have the value 7 appear in the cell. Any thoughts? In case it isn't obvious, I am not an Excel guru. Thanks. Click in the cell with the value 3. You will see the 3 appear in the address bar at the top, type the add sign and then 4. Press Enter and it should come up with 7. Pauline "Lee Frette" <frette@rochester.com> wrote in message news:aNq7b.16332$3t2.7807@twister.nyroc.rr.com... > A friend would like to be able to go to a cell that contains the value 3, > type in 4, an...

Installing Data Migration Framework Tools fails unless you do it from the CD
FYI, I was having trouble installing the DMF tools. It appears that you have to install the tools from the CD and not from installer files copied from the CD to the hard drive (or downloaded from Partner/CustomerSource). Also note, you have to be logged on as the same admin user (also domain admin) that you installed CRM with and that user has to have a CRM license. Workflows have to be deactivated too. If you don't install from a CD, after you go through the install wizard and click install, a window labeled "Completing Installation Wizard" is displayed. It has a "...

Data markers in a stacked chart will not sit side by side by month #2
How can I get the monthly columns (ie: July Actual & July Budget) in a stacked chart to sit side by side with a space before the next month (August Actual & August Budget) and so on for each month. ...

Sort blocks of data
Can you assign groups of columns to move together when sorting horizontally? I have 11 groups of columns each group with an amount column, ideally we have the list sorted from left to right descending dollar amounts for the amount column from each column group. Any ideas are much appreciated. -- "Gambling is illegal @ Bushwood and I never slice." If the data would fit into a single row (256 in xl2003 and below) or 16k in xl2007, then I'd: Move the data to a separate worksheet -- one row per logical record Sort this data and then rearrange the data into the ...

chart will not plot data from SQL query
1. External data query against SQL stored proc returns results to cell as expected 2. Chart works with discrete data in same cells 3. Chart -> Source Data -> Series -> Values shows the corrected cells 4. Same results embedded or chart sheet ...

Order Entry and Back Ordered Quantities
My client uses Dynamics GP v9.0 and enters all their orders with all their items marked to the QTY to Order field. This then shows all OPEN ORDERS with all ITEMS as needing to be ordered. They do this so that their Purchasing agent will order the items (whether they are available or not) as though the items are NOT available. It takes a LONG time to enter a line item, tab/enter through each field in order to move the QTY to INVOICE to ZERO and enter the QTY to ORDER with the correct qty. They do this BEFORE allocating so that the material does not get allocated (including s/n).... M...

Data mismatch with Reployment Tool.
Hi, I'm trying to redeploy CRM 1.2 onto a new server according to the steps in Microsoft CRM Redeployment.pdf. Everything runs fine until it's time to write a bit of data to the database and I get the following error message in the log: Type of value has a mismatch with column typeCouldn't store <50c51108-b1eb-450c-a46f-899e494a1963> in OldGUID Column. Expected type is Guid. Please, any ideas? CW Check that your target field data type is GUID. "carlwinberg@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm trying to redeploy CRM 1.2 onto a new server according t...

Popup message upon transaction entry
I would like to know if there is a way to have a popup for a specific vendor when entering a transaction. For example, I want to notify anyone posting a payables transaction if they select a vendor that should be paid by credit card so that they don't cut a check for that vendor. Hello This can specified from the vendor's payment terms in which the user issuing the payment for the specified vendor can check the payment terms whether it should be done by cheque or cash or etc... -- Joseph Abou Nader You never know what power you have until you make choices in hard time &quo...

Lookup data in other workbook
hi. i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook sheet. How i can do this. Thanks! Yes it is. You either link directly =[Timesheet.xls]Summary!$A$2 or evne use VLOOKUP =VLOOKUP(A1,[Timesheet.xls]Data!$A$2:$C$5,2,FALSE) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pasmatos" <Pasmatos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83CA8162-CA09-46AB-9CE4-0BD2B3EBE44A@microsoft.com... > hi. > > i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook > sheet. > How i can do this. >...