Java Client

Hi All,

I'm new to Dynamics GP and just joined the MSDN group.

We just brought GP 10.0 and now exploring ways to make calls from java,
could any one of you send me some easy samples of java client so I can take a
look and learn how to make a call to ASP .NET web methods from java ?

I appreciate your help !

Thanks
Gopal

0
gopal (11)

You might post that on the Dynamics GP Developers forum.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Gopal" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm new to Dynamics GP and just joined the MSDN group.
>
> We just brought GP 10.0 and now exploring ways to make calls from java,
> could any one of you send me some easy samples of java client so I can take a
> look and learn how to make a call to ASP .NET web methods from java ?
>
> I appreciate your help !
>
> Thanks
> Gopal

0
info4071 (3005)
12/21/2007 2:16:03 AM
On Dec 21, 2:40 am, Gopal <Go...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm new to Dynamics GP and just joined the MSDN group.
>
> We just brought GP 10.0 and now exploring ways to make calls from java,
> could any one of you send me some easy samples of java client so I can take a
> look and learn how to make a call to ASP .NET web methods from java ?
>
> I appreciate your help !
>
> Thanks
> Gopal

Gopal,

First of all you should check out the GP Web Services SDK. It is
available to through customersource/partnersource.

Next GP 10 has Webservices interface, and you can call webservices
from Java or whereever. I havent seen any Java specific documentation,
so you might want to search more generic resources on the internet/
books for that.

I dont think making calls from a Java Client would be a big deal, i
think that managing security might be something you have to look
deeply into.

Jivtesh
Dynamics Blog : http://www.jivtesh.com/
0
jivtesh (113)

Outlook client install problem #2
After installing the CRM 3.0 client for Outlook, the CRM toolbar and menu do not appear in Outlook. There is a Microsoft CRM folder, but the only thing in it is a Deleted Items folder. I get no errors when launching Outlook, but CRM just isn't available. This does not occur for other CRM users on the same PC. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

SP3 update not showing | Ok to delete wrong email client?
[MS WinXP Home 2002 - SP3; OE 6; IE 8; MS Office Pro; Avast Antivir Free; Dell Dimension XPS T448MHz Pentium III; 640 MB RAM; high speed cable; Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader 8; Adobe Flash Player 10 Activex..] Hello again! New 2 little problems?: (1) I had installed successfully Windows XP SP3. When it offered an update, the first one, and I ran it by placing the Office XP Professional...CD which it asked for, BUT, it doesn't show it under the Windows Updates in add/remove. Did I do something wrong? Windows isn't showing anymore on my Taskbar the offer to...

MSCRM Outlook client Crashing Outlook
We are trying to work through some problems with the Outlook Client. We have a suspicion that there is an incompatibility with the outlook plugin for GoToMeeting. Has anyone noticed issues like this. In outlook tool bar --> CRM menu --> local Data, nothing happens on that computer. Any Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Tony We have seen issues where some addins cause problems with the MSCRM Addin. The fix, normally is to remove the addin in question and see if the MSCRM addin works after a restart. -- Arne Marquez Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided &qu...

How to setup outlook 2000 as an exchange client
I try to setup an exchange account in outlook 2000 but I cannot find "add service" menu or button. Anyone can help me? Alex Tools/Options/Reconfigure Then choose Corporate. Outlook Profiler http://goffconcepts.com/products/windows/profiler/index.html "Alex Wei" <wz9919@caforyou.com> wrote in message news:uqXP58TCFHA.1836@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I try to setup an exchange account in outlook 2000 but I cannot find "add > service" menu or button. Anyone can help me? > > > Alex > > Perhaps you have Outlook 2000 configured in...

Accounting Client Write-Up
Any add-on solutions for a small accounting firm to do client write-up (after the fact payroll and payables) with Great Plains? Thanks, John ...

DST Patch Not Holding on Client Workstations
Hello-- We deploy MS patches via WSUS. We updated the DST related patches on the workstations and the Exchange server. There are a few workstations, and one server that keeps reverting back to the old time. Can anyone direct me on what to look for on this? We tried unchecking the DST on the clock admin--no go. Obviously the issue is affecting public calendar appointments. Our environment is Windows Server 2003 and Exchange server 2003 with SP2. Any help would be appreciated. sd I'm having the exact same issue with some of our clients. With the 2000 machines I just apply the 3r...

SFO Client without local database
Hi all, is it possible to configure the Outlook Client so that the possibility to go offline is disabled? Greetings, Martin But if you disable going offline, there will be no synchronisation of appointments, contacts etc between you Outlook folders and CRM. Is that what you want? Peter "Martin B�bl" <martin.buebl[at]@web.de.invalid> wrote in message news:2lkd2iFdb9rdU1@uni-berlin.de... > Hi all, > > is it possible to configure the Outlook Client so that the possibility to go > offline is disabled? > > Greetings, > > Martin > > Hi Peter...

Reports not working in Outlook client but work fine in Browser
I have a client that is using the MS Outlook client to run MSCRM and when they go to the reports they get an error message. They work great in the Browser client. This company has the Report Server running on the SQL Server so I have a suspicition that it has something to do with Kerberos authentication. Any solutions? Is the user experiencing the problem running the Laptop client or the Desktop client? Is there more than one person experiencing the same problem? -- Visit my blog: http://lovepeaceandcrm.blogspot.com/ "X-eqt" wrote: > I have a client that is using the ...

Send email issue with CRM 3.0 Laptop client
Ever since I have installed 3.0 laptop client I am getting error sending emails from laptop client. It doesn't matter whether I attach a CRM object or not Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Con call dial in info CRM:10240002 Sent: 1/11/2006 10:38 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Eugene Brownell on 1/11/2006 10:38 AM This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this ...

Admin rights on client pc
Are there system requirements for installing GP 8.0 on a client machine? Such as, does the client pc require to have administrative rights? Hi Jocelyn, You don't need admin rights, but you will need to access the datasource and shared dictionaries if any. On Apr 30, 9:16 am, Jocelyn <Joce...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Are there system requirements for installing GP 8.0 on a client machine? > Such as, does the client pc require to have administrative rights? You will need to use the local admin account to install GP as a local admin and create the system DSN...

Clients can open each other's mailboxs
I have exchange 2003. All my clients can access each others mailboxes. When I look at the mailbox right I see the everyone group with full access. I am unable to remove it because it is inheriting permissions. Where can I change this? What is weird is that my administrator account use to be able to open everyone's mailbox and now it can not. have you looked at permissions at the top level of the Exchange Organization? Looks like maybe they've been set there...also check the "security" tab for "send as" right... "Paul" <pkernicky@swca.net> wr...

Outlook Anywhere not connecting; Outlook 2007 client external to Exchange 2007 SP2
Running Exchange 2007 SP2 with a few users migrated from Novell Groupwise. The following works: Outlook 2003/2007 client (internal ONLY), ActiveSync on smartphones, Outlook Web Access w/ SSL (internal & external). I'm trying to get an Outlook 2007 client that is external to the network connected but for some reason things just won't work. I've enabled Outlook Anywhere on the Exchange server, but things just aren't working. Help!!! Bill Hi Bill, Do you have Port 80 & 443 open on your firewall? Did you enable NTLM or Basic Authentication for Ou...

CRM 3.0 and IE 8 causing Outlook client to prompt for network id/pwd
We use CRM 3.0's Outlook Client. We recently upgraded to IE 8. Ever since then, the users have been getting prompted for their network id/ pwd when accessing CRM through Outlook. If they hit Cancel a few times, the page loads. The site is in Trusted Sites both as the IP and server name. They can access CRM through the web app with no log in prompts. Is this a bug or just a configuration issue? Thanks! ...

java message with VBA
You can import www site with Excel, but only those parts which writes in HTML. Java applet seems to disappear. Is there any possibility to intercept the java message (text) with VBA <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> function choiceCheck() { var nrTable=new Array("119b/05",-1); var timeTable=new Array("07:16","09:50",-1); var dateTable=new Array("23-06-2005","23-06-2005",-1); � so on This part of data will not appear Any suggestion Thanks Don't see how, as that is an instruction to HTTP to run that c...

Track in CRM button in fat outlook client
In CRM 3.0 when you track an Email in CRM the only way to then open it in CRM is to expand open the email first and then click the View in CRM button (Unless you already have a "regarding" link setup which allows you to go straight to that. It's a small annoyance but is there anyway to add the "View in CRM" button to the main fat outlook client toolbar? Then when you select track you can then select view without having to open the email first everytime. Again small annoyance but I'm suprised the developers didn't pick up on it. Cheers Gregg ...

CRM Outlook client automatically attaching emails to contact
I am experiencing incoming emails that come from one specific address are attaching to the same contact automatically. It doesn't have me set the regarding and I don't want it to do this. It was just a one time thing Thanks ...

Calendar dissapears from web client when Outlook client is running
We've discovered that the calendar dissapears from workplace in the CRM web and Outlook client when the Outlook client is running. Is there anyway to avoid this? The calendar is a useful feature for users to be able to view their appointments. If appointments are created through CRM, they may not appear immediately in the Outlook calendar because of sync delays. So it is necessary to look into CRM appointments direclty to make sure your schedule is up-to-date. You need to edit the sitemap and ensure the the calendar is displayed both for web and outlook client. The reason it dissapears...

Deploying customizations to Outlook Client
Does anyone have any suggestions for ways to deploy CRM customizations to the Outlook client? we have some (unsupported) customizations, so we need to get these down to the client. Another Outlook Add-in would work. Any suggestions? Thanks! in general the only customizations that appear in the outlook client are the ones created using the isv.config in the crm web client. In addition these will only appear when outlook is in online mode. Without knowing what unsupported customizations you have made its impossible to say what can be done -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://w...

Moving Exch2K to a new hardware: Win98 Exchange client support
Hi all, I'm planning to move my Exchange server to a new hardware by using the method detailed at: http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/faq_db.asp?status=questions&faqID=1001&faqname=Exchange%202000&sectionID=1024&sectionName=Exchange%202000%20Move%20Server%20Method This method guaranties smooth transition of user to the new server. Step 21 says: "21. Leave the old Exchange server up and running for a while so that MAPI clients can be redirected to the new server. Yes, it happens automagically as long as the client can connect to the old server at least once before...

Outlook 2007 and MS CRM Client 4.0 Crash
Hello, After I have installed the 4.0 client my outlook crash very offen, before I had the client installed there was no problems with outlook, but after it's doing sometimes 10 time a day.....I have seen it on some other machines. I have all updates to Office and windows. Any one there have an idea for a solution. btw. I had the same problem in 3.0, but the rollup was fixing it there....but now it's 4.0..... -- Best regards, Anders Jeppesen MCP, MCTS, MPV KEYZONE ApS Is it a particular operation or area in the client that make it crash? What does it say when it crash? We...

dialup from windows2000 clients to windows98 ?
hi I can dialup to window98 by the automatic dailing program of windows2000. But now I want to manage it from windows2000 client to windows98 in my vc++ program,but there is a error ,error message is username,password domain error ..... How can I do? ...

No "Server/Client" Option during Installation
On my Server 2003 platform with MSDE 2000, I'm trying to install GP 9.0. I've set up ODBC as per instructions, and everything looks good so far. Trouble is, when I begin the GP installation wizard, it goes straight from the License Agreement screen to the Select Features screen -- there's no option for a server vs. client installation. What am I missing? Any ideas? ...

Configuring Outlook Client for a Windows 2003 Email Server
It seemed fairly simple, but I cant login succesfully from my first two created mailboxes..... Im using an active directory integrated role, and I am testing it with some already existing account by only creating the mailboxes. Am I doing something wrong??? when I try to log in, it fails, tells me my username password or email are wrong, but they arent.... Is there permissions im missing?? or something else any help would be greatly appreciated..... ...

Terminal Service Client Changing passwords
Administrators can change their password when Terminal Serviced into a Windows 2003 Server from the command line, but is there a way for users to change their passwords while Terminal Services/Remote Desktopped into a Terminal Service box? Pete The users may press Ctrl+Alt+End which will simulate a Ctrl+Alt+Del which will bring up the MS Windows Security box which has an option to change password on it. "Pete" <pete_howarth@adp.com> wrote in message news:16fc601c420cd$d16554c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Administrators can change their password when Terminal > Serviced ...