Japanese Localization for Dynamics GP?

Hi,
   Wanted to know if it is possible to use the Dynamics GP UI to manage a
company in Japan, some brief research shows that this might not be possible.
We can alter the database and get Japanese characters in there, but obviously
the UI shows up as ???. I can see that Dynamics CRM has a Japanese language
pack, any such feature for Dyanamics GP - any leads on what possible options
we might be able to take?
0
Aki (2)

Hi Aki

Double byte and unicode languages are not supported (see KB below).  Also
there is no localisation for Japanese requirements.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;864986

You could run the US or International English install in Japan if you wanted
to.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily
Microsoft policy.

"Aki" wrote:

> Hi,
>    Wanted to know if it is possible to use the Dynamics GP UI to manage a
> company in Japan, some brief research shows that this might not be possible.
> We can alter the database and get Japanese characters in there, but obviously
> the UI shows up as ???. I can see that Dynamics CRM has a Japanese language
> pack, any such feature for Dyanamics GP - any leads on what possible options
> we might be able to take?
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
8/22/2008 11:27:00 AM
Hi David,
   Thanks for the response. Even with the Internation English installation
in Japan I cant really see Japanese characters in GP - so essentially
Japanese customers cannot use the GP product if they want to operate solely
in Japanese. Correct?

    Is there even a plan to to provide this option to Dynamics GP customers,
the Japanese UI is what I mean. Its definitely an issue on the UI, I can
change the database and put Unicode characters in it, but cant see it on the
UI ofcourse. So, any plans to release an updated UI in the near future?

Akash

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Aki
>
> Double byte and unicode languages are not supported (see KB below).  Also
> there is no localisation for Japanese requirements.
>
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;864986
>
> You could run the US or International English install in Japan if you wanted
> to.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily
> Microsoft policy.
>

> "Aki" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >    Wanted to know if it is possible to use the Dynamics GP UI to manage a
> > company in Japan, some brief research shows that this might not be possible.
> > We can alter the database and get Japanese characters in there, but obviously
> > the UI shows up as ???. I can see that Dynamics CRM has a Japanese language
> > pack, any such feature for Dyanamics GP - any leads on what possible options
> > we might be able to take?
0
Aki (2)
8/22/2008 11:50:00 AM
I have seen some level of success with products like RichWin for showing
Chinese characters in Dynamics GP.  However, data input had problems and
there were other technical problems too.  I don't have the actual details.

Attempting to use double byte characters is not supported, so if you have
any issues which cannot be replicated in a standard environment, the support
teams will not be able to help you.

The language behind Dynamics GP, Dexterity, cannot handle double byte. It
was designed and written before double byte was even a consideration. This is
why the Dynamics GP application cannot handle double byte. There are no plans
to change this.

I would suggest you look at Dynamics AX which does have double byte support.

"Aki" wrote:

> Hi David,
>    Thanks for the response. Even with the Internation English installation
> in Japan I cant really see Japanese characters in GP - so essentially
> Japanese customers cannot use the GP product if they want to operate solely
> in Japanese. Correct?
>
>     Is there even a plan to to provide this option to Dynamics GP customers,
> the Japanese UI is what I mean. Its definitely an issue on the UI, I can
> change the database and put Unicode characters in it, but cant see it on the
> UI ofcourse. So, any plans to release an updated UI in the near future?
>
> Akash
>
> "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Hi Aki
> >
> > Double byte and unicode languages are not supported (see KB below).  Also
> > there is no localisation for Japanese requirements.
> >
> > https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;864986
> >
> > You could run the US or International English install in Japan if you wanted
> > to.
> >
> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> > Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
> >
> > Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
> >
> > mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
> >
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily
> > Microsoft policy.
> >

> > "Aki" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >    Wanted to know if it is possible to use the Dynamics GP UI to manage a
> > > company in Japan, some brief research shows that this might not be possible.
> > > We can alter the database and get Japanese characters in there, but obviously
> > > the UI shows up as ???. I can see that Dynamics CRM has a Japanese language
> > > pack, any such feature for Dyanamics GP - any leads on what possible options
> > > we might be able to take?
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

GP 10 Toolbar
The toolbars in GP 10 (10.00.1237) randomly re-set. If a user sets the toolbar to one line, and then at the end of the day logs out, when they log back in, the toolbar has re-set itself to a 3 or 4 line toolbar. The "lock toolbar" function is checked. Why would these settings keep changing? This is very frustrating for users. Any advice ? THANKS! Laura This has been a known bug for a while. I have not heard of it being resolved yet, but you can open a support case with MS and get added to the list of people who have reported the problem. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano...

MFC 7 localization: loading of satellite DLLs
Hello all, thanks to anyone who can be of help with this... So, I have an exe, we'll call it app.exe. App.exe has embedded english resources, and a suite of resource DLLs in various languages. They are named app<lang>.dll. Examples of this satellite resource dll include "appENU.dll", "appFIN.dll", etc. Now, according to the MSDN doc on this page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url= /library/en-us/vccore/html/vcconLocalizedResourcesInMFCApplicationsSatelliteDLLs.asp Now, consider a native Finnish windows XP system. I can install my applicatio...

servergv.mydomain.local
Hi I am using windows 2003 witn exchage 2003 Some people are having trouble sending to email addresses that are valid They occassionlly receive the following NDR The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address <servergv.mydomain.local #5.1.1> jacqui@mydomain.com on Tue Feb 10 12:34:42 200 The thing that strike me as strange is the reporting server is servergv.mydomain.local not mail.mydomain.com as is should be I have sent a message to a non existant...

Selecting a CListCtrl dynamically (SetItemState)
Can anyone 'guess' why the following 2 lines don't select an item in my list any more. It worked when I tested it a few months ago, but now it doesn't do/select anything! There is no scroll bar (room for all items in my list) and nothing is selected when I do these 2 lines: SetItemState(rowToSelect, LVIS_SELECTED, TRUE); EnsureVisible(rowToSelect, FALSE); The list is not the active window, but they should still appear selected (in grey). Perhaps I have missed a setting to do with selections being visible? My creation line for the lists is: m_listCtrlSoftware.Create(W...

mail stays in local queue of smtp connector & Event ID: 327
We have replicated exchange 5.5 server PF's to E2k server and later created new SMTP connector on E2K server and we are seeing these messages. Microsoft kb article mentions the corruption of store and says a fix is available but the error number is different in our case to the one mentioned in KB article. What could be the reason ? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Source : MSExchangeTransport Category : Exchange Store Driver event ID : 327 Description : The following call : EcLocallyDel...

Auto Insert Services Rendered into GP from SQL DB
We have a seperate SQL Server database where timesheets or items of work are captured when performed by someone in our organization. Currently a report is run against the SQL database and then someone manually enters in the transaction into GP. We want to automate this. Is there some program that mimics the manual entry whereby I can export the data from the SQL DB? ...

Save Outlook Folders to Local Drive
Is there a way, 3rd party tool would suffice, to save Outlook folders (email and attachements) to a local drive. Thanks in advance. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way, 3rd party tool would suffice, to save Outlook folders (email >and attachements) to a local drive. > >Thanks in advance. > I'm not sure about that, but you can create a new folder to your Outlook Bar Shortcut menu. From the Folder List view, create a new folder. When you name it then select Mail and News Items as the type of folder it is. Then it will ask if you want to put a shortcut to ...

Can't Copy/Paste Journal Info in GP 7.50
Hi, I'm trying to help someone new to GP who'd like to be able to copy and paste journal information into a financial batch (Transactions > Financials > Batches). They're attempting to copy journal details from an Excel spreadsheet and paste into GP, but despite this working in every other application, it fails to work in GP. I'm aware it's a fairly old version (7.50g10), and please forgive my lack of knowledge when it comes to GP, but it seemed like a fairly reasonable question that experienced users may have come across before. Thanks for reading. Best reg...

Entity Relationship Diagram available yet for Dynamics CRM?
Hey Everyone Has a full Entity Relationship Diagram available from Microsoft for download yet? Thanks for any information you can provide. Ryan T. Yes, there are Visio diagrams available for download (and have been for almost 1 1/2 yrs). http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=DA8D5048-615E-43C0-AB31-8FB5DA70216B&displaylang=en -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Ryan T" <Ryan T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1962B90D-091A-4263-B36B-2454B28B5C71@microsoft.com... Hey Everyone Has a full Entity Relationship Diagram available from...

Error & Crash in GP 10 (0xe0434f4d)
Only one of our users get this error - 0xe0434f4d, usually after lunch every day. And we normally have 10-15 users logged in who go all day without getting errors. A few of them perform the same functions as the user does. Mostly she is in sales order entry updating orders. Some of the data entry for instance to pull up the items she's working on is done with a bar code scanner (the same as most of the other users). I've captured the SQL statements and nothing spectacular is going on when she crashes & there is no pattern there. I keep sending the dumps to Microsoft but I ...

Local profiles
I've got a couple of customers using XP Pro SP3 ( on server 2003) who seem to have the problem of when they log on in the mornings they get errors of local profile can't be found and they are given a temporary one. They do restart their PC's a few times and it does often come back. I have tried deleting their local profile and giving them a new one but the problem comes back. Any ideas? =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybCBEYXZleQ==?= <CarlDavey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:2C892AFD-86A9-4F2B-B09C-7EBD45BC3273@microsoft.com: > > I've got a couple of cus...

Dynamics.exe error
I get this program error on the clinets when a client tries to logon to Great Plains. We are going to go live in july with version 7.5. and this is the errorI get "dynamics.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. Can anyone help me with this problem!! Thanks E Repost to microsoft.public.greatplains Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 12 May 2004 07:31:02 -0700, "Edward Perrier" <eperrier@birosaw.com> wrote: I get this program error on the clinets w...

Moving MAX (Exact Software) data to Dynamics
Good Morning, Does anybody know tool that specifically migrates MAX ERP data (and history) to Dynamics GP? We are current using Max for Inventory, SOP, POP, and Manufacturing processes. I am planning to SQL data map all the fields over to our Dynamics GP installation. This will take time but if there is a tool that has dealt with MAX in the past I would very interested in it. Have already looked at Scribe but it doesn't look like Scribe has dealt with MAX in the past (and save me the data mapping step). -- Business Solutions Developer They did it here, just before I a...

Importing Excel Budget in Great Plains Dynamic
I created a budget in excel format and I am trying to import to Great Plains. I have been getting a message "the number of periods for the budget does not match the number of columns in excel. Import will not be completed. In Great Plains, the format for the budget is Column C is the opening balance. I have to leave column C. The first time I did it was successful, I deleted column C (opening balance). Period 1, then becomes column C. The figures in column 1 goes to my "opening balance and period 12 goes to period 11 and then the total becomes period 12. How do I fix ...

Need to build a MS Dynamics GP Test Server
Hi, I need to build a MS Dynamics GP Test Server. The plan was to install SQL Server 2005 and Dynamics GP 10 on a server, then copy and attach two production databases. I've done that, but the users IDs are invalid. The user ID can't be deleted because GP says the IDs are not in the Database. I found an alternative in the article "How to transfer an existing Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Small Business Financials, or Microsoft Small Business Manager installation to a new server that is running Microsoft SQL Server" but a crucial script is unavailable. If anyone has ...

dynamic range #3
I just learned this new function so please bare with me. I have created name range =OFFSET(qryATL!$A$2,0,0,COUNT(qryATL!$A:$A),1) ( this is column with a date) and named it "qryATL". I tried to use the validation list so that there will be a dropdown to choose the date. However, i don't know if because there are 64,000 rows, there are nothing there on my validation list. I went Validation, from the list, source: =qryATL. so I deleted some rows, and left 15 rows, and I see the list on the dropdown box. Is there a limit to the drop down box? Also, is there anyway to...

Dynamic Days Of Month
I am building some automated reports based on the values in a linked DBase Table. The DBase columns are labeled "ONE" thru "THIRTYONE" for each day of the month. The values returned for each day are either 0, 100 or null. I am trying to differentiate between a null because the day is in the future and a null because there was no value entered that day. I thought if there was some way to relate each of the DBase columns to a separate table that had a true date value for each day of the month I could build an expression to return two different strings for the null b...

Printer set changes when accessing GP from Terminal services
Hi, We are using GP8. My colleague had issues when she tries to print invoices from a GP client installation using terminal services. I help her to change the printer to a physical printer. But it changed back to a different one such as image writer. How the printer setting works for terminal services in GP? Gavin ------=_NextPart_0001_3FF3F32D Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Gavin Are you using Named Printers? Have a look at the follow post for information on how to set up Named Printers. http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/20...

Dynamic SQL and temporary QueryDefs
I came across this MSDN article http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb177500.aspx and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with it: Dim db as DAO.Database Set db = CurrentDb Set qdf = db.CreateQueryDef("") strSql = [dynamically created SQL] qdf.SQL = strSql qdf.Execute dbFailOnError Set qdf = Nothing Is this a better alternative to: strSql = [dynamically created SQL] db.Execute strSql, dbFailOnError Either way, Access has to compile the query before running it, correct? Any thoughts? "deko" <deko@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ioGdndNz0tt2aCXanZ2...

Log into GP 10
We are going to GP 10 soon, it is currently on a test machine. I have created a user, added to a role, with the relevant access. But, when I try to log in, I am going past the login screen, I am seeing the company access, but after that there is a blank screen. Please help, what have I missed? I have seen this happen before and it has to do with the Home Page not being populated. A couple of things to check, first make sure the user has been assigned the DEFAULT USER role - if that doesn't work, try deleting the user and then when you add them again select a home page rol...

Upgrade GP 10 and Citrix terminal server
We upgraded SQL Server to Windows Server 2003. Now I read that a Terminal Services Server has to have Windows Server 2003 as well. Is this only if the TS is used as the server? We have GP installed as a client and all the outside users connect to it (Citrix 4.0). If this is so, then I have to delay my upgrade another 2 weeks :( What about client workstations? Can they run Gp 10 if they only have office 2000? I know some new reports go to Excel, and that is probably why it says Office XP, 2003 or 2007 is required. Can anyone please respond ASAP? Our VAR is out of the office today, and I...

CRM Integration GP
Hi, i try to install CRM Integraton Connector for GP. According to the installation book, i must install Microsoft CRM Adapter in CRM Server and then install Microsoft GP Adapter in computer where GP is installed and then install CRM Integration Server (i install this in GP's computer). I have been installed CRM Adapter in CRM Server, and then i have been installed GP Adapter in GP's computer. After that, I try to install CRM Integration Server, after all, I follow the instruction, and an error was occur with message : ----------------------------------------------------------...

GP should not copy current cost of copied AvG perp. valued items
If you choose to copy an existing Average Perpetually tracked Inventory item when creating a new Inventory item in Microsoft Dynamics GP versions 9.0 and later, the current cost is copied as well. Since the "Change Average Cost" utility has been removed in Version 9.0, the current cost is incorrect. For most new items this would not be an issue, but if the item is sold in an override transaction prior to receiving any new quantities in for the item either through a Purchase Order Processing Receiving's transaction or Inventory Increase Adjustment for the new inventory i...

Shortcut or batch to go to local subfolder
Hi, for my USB-stick I like to have a shortcut or batch in it's root, that brings me to a subfolder when I click it from within Windows Explorer. I have tried this unsuccessfully with a shortcut with this property: "%CD%\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM" <- gives me an error and a batch file with this content: cd "%CD%\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM" <- does nothing in windows explorer, but works in a command shell. Please advise. Kind regards, Frank "Frank Spade" <news@teampc.com> wrote in message news:eTt5o3oJLHA.1868@TK2MS...

Dynamics Workflow problem
I have GP database on one server (SQL 2008), and Sharepoint, Workflow, ForeFront (with WSUS) on another server (SQL 2005). Everything works fine, but the Workflow stops at random, the Dynamics event log will be filled with errors, one interesting Exception message: Access to the path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\84\BIN\DynamicsWorkflowEvents.config' is denied. When this happens, the workflow stops saving changes, and we have to restart IIS for the Workflow to work again, bellow is an example of one event. -------------------------------------------------...