Item Transaction Entry - Move Inventory from Company A to B

We currently have two companies and would like to know the best way to
transfer inventory from one to the other.

Currently we use Transactions-->Inventory-->Item Transaction and enter a (-)
Qty to get the item out of Compay A, and do the same (+) Qty in Company B to
get the item into the Inventory of Company B.

We follow up with a report (using a batch name to mark these transactions)
to do Intracompany transactions to match the totals.  Without purchasing a
3rd party software to handle advanced intercompany transactions, what is the
best practice at this point.

Thanks

0
Rich (271)

Rich,

Without purchasing 3rd party software to handle this, what you're doing
sounds exactly right.  Is there a reason you're asking?  Is it not working
for you?

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We currently have two companies and would like to know the best way to
> transfer inventory from one to the other.
>
> Currently we use Transactions-->Inventory-->Item Transaction and enter a
> (-)
> Qty to get the item out of Compay A, and do the same (+) Qty in Company B
> get the item into the Inventory of Company B.
>
> We follow up with a report (using a batch name to mark these transactions)
> to do Intracompany transactions to match the totals.  Without purchasing a
> 3rd party software to handle advanced intercompany transactions, what is
> the
> best practice at this point.
>
> Thanks

0
victoria (3340)
3/19/2008 8:33:44 PM
Well, I just wanted to be sure that this was correct.  We are looking at some
3rd party software that which will handle the inventory transfer of parts
beween companies, which I presume will just automates the exact thing that we
are doing now manually.  As we grow we may have to invest in the thrid pardy
solution.

Thanks for your time

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Rich,
>
> Without purchasing 3rd party software to handle this, what you're doing
> sounds exactly right.  Is there a reason you're asking?  Is it not working
> for you?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We currently have two companies and would like to know the best way to
> > transfer inventory from one to the other.
> >
> > Currently we use Transactions-->Inventory-->Item Transaction and enter a
> > (-)
> > Qty to get the item out of Compay A, and do the same (+) Qty in Company B
> > get the item into the Inventory of Company B.
> >
> > We follow up with a report (using a batch name to mark these transactions)
> > to do Intracompany transactions to match the totals.  Without purchasing a
> > 3rd party software to handle advanced intercompany transactions, what is
> > the
> > best practice at this point.
> >
> > Thanks

0
Rich (271)
3/19/2008 10:12:02 PM
Gotcha.  Yes, I think there is a definite 'break-even' point that you will
get to when you're doing enough of these transactions routinely where it
makes sense to buy a tool.  Otherwise, if it's a few here and there it's
hard to justify the cost.

Can I ask what 3rd party software you're looking at?

--

> Well, I just wanted to be sure that this was correct.  We are looking at
> some
> 3rd party software that which will handle the inventory transfer of parts
> beween companies, which I presume will just automates the exact thing that
> we
> are doing now manually.  As we grow we may have to invest in the thrid
> pardy
> solution.
>
> Thanks for your time
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Rich,
>>
>> Without purchasing 3rd party software to handle this, what you're doing
>> sounds exactly right.  Is there a reason you're asking?  Is it not
>> working
>> for you?
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>>

>> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We currently have two companies and would like to know the best way to
>> > transfer inventory from one to the other.
>> >
>> > Currently we use Transactions-->Inventory-->Item Transaction and enter
>> > (-)
>> > Qty to get the item out of Compay A, and do the same (+) Qty in Company
>> > get the item into the Inventory of Company B.
>> >
>> > We follow up with a report (using a batch name to mark these
>> > transactions)
>> > to do Intracompany transactions to match the totals.  Without
>> > purchasing a
>> > 3rd party software to handle advanced intercompany transactions, what
>> > is
>> > the
>> > best practice at this point.
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
victoria (3340)
3/20/2008 10:15:10 AM
AIT by mc2 and Multi-Facility Processing by Binary Stream.  I actually like
AIT better because they break it out by Module.  We could by AIT for
Inventory on its own.

The only problem is we are also planning on implementing Panatrac Bar
Coding, and I am not sure how well it will play with AIT.  This is a common
concern with 3rd Party solutions!

Thanks for the reply..

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Gotcha.  Yes, I think there is a definite 'break-even' point that you will
> get to when you're doing enough of these transactions routinely where it
> makes sense to buy a tool.  Otherwise, if it's a few here and there it's
> hard to justify the cost.
>
> Can I ask what 3rd party software you're looking at?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Well, I just wanted to be sure that this was correct.  We are looking at
> > some
> > 3rd party software that which will handle the inventory transfer of parts
> > beween companies, which I presume will just automates the exact thing that
> > we
> > are doing now manually.  As we grow we may have to invest in the thrid
> > pardy
> > solution.
> >
> > Thanks for your time
> >
> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Rich,
> >>
> >> Without purchasing 3rd party software to handle this, what you're doing
> >> sounds exactly right.  Is there a reason you're asking?  Is it not
> >> working
> >> for you?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Victoria Yudin
> >> Dynamics GP MVP
> >> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> >>

> >> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Rich (271)
3/20/2008 12:46:01 PM
Right, unfortunately a lot of times you have to try it to see if it will
work.  I have heard good things about AIT, but have not had a chance to use
it myself.  I believe Multi-Facility Processing is intended for having all
your 'companies' combined into one GP company/database, which would not help
with your current setup.  Or are you considering changing your setup?

--

> AIT by mc2 and Multi-Facility Processing by Binary Stream.  I actually
> like
> AIT better because they break it out by Module.  We could by AIT for
> Inventory on its own.
>
> The only problem is we are also planning on implementing Panatrac Bar
> Coding, and I am not sure how well it will play with AIT.  This is a
> common
> concern with 3rd Party solutions!
>
> Thanks for the reply..
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Gotcha.  Yes, I think there is a definite 'break-even' point that you
>> will
>> get to when you're doing enough of these transactions routinely where it
>> makes sense to buy a tool.  Otherwise, if it's a few here and there it's
>> hard to justify the cost.
>>
>> Can I ask what 3rd party software you're looking at?
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>>

>> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Well, I just wanted to be sure that this was correct.  We are looking
>> > at
>> > some
>> > 3rd party software that which will handle the inventory transfer of
>> > parts
>> > beween companies, which I presume will just automates the exact thing
>> > that
>> > we
>> > are doing now manually.  As we grow we may have to invest in the thrid
>> > pardy
>> > solution.
>> >
>> > Thanks for your time

0
victoria (3340)
3/20/2008 12:54:12 PM
No plan to combine.

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Right, unfortunately a lot of times you have to try it to see if it will
> work.  I have heard good things about AIT, but have not had a chance to use
> it myself.  I believe Multi-Facility Processing is intended for having all
> your 'companies' combined into one GP company/database, which would not help
> with your current setup.  Or are you considering changing your setup?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > AIT by mc2 and Multi-Facility Processing by Binary Stream.  I actually
> > like
> > AIT better because they break it out by Module.  We could by AIT for
> > Inventory on its own.
> >
> > The only problem is we are also planning on implementing Panatrac Bar
> > Coding, and I am not sure how well it will play with AIT.  This is a
> > common
> > concern with 3rd Party solutions!
> >
> > Thanks for the reply..
> >

> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Gotcha.  Yes, I think there is a definite 'break-even' point that you
> >> will
> >> get to when you're doing enough of these transactions routinely where it
> >> makes sense to buy a tool.  Otherwise, if it's a few here and there it's
> >> hard to justify the cost.
> >>
> >> Can I ask what 3rd party software you're looking at?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Victoria Yudin
> >> Dynamics GP MVP
> >> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> >>

> >> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Rich (271)

moving a row between worksheets
I want to write VBA code that does the following: When a value in column E is changed to "John" that entire row is moved to a worksheet (in the same spreadsheet) called "Assigned". Is this possible? Thanks! Amit, I've uploaded the file with code to http://Galimi.com/Examples/MS.xls Following is the code to be embedded as a Change event on the sheet that recognizes the word John: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 5 Then If Target.Value = "John" Then 'Move the column to the Assigned sheet ...

Excel data entry: choice of control for selection
I need to distribute a workbook as a data entry device that applies a few constriants. In column A I have a list of Names. In Column B a City needs to be selected from a limited list for each Name. The text below describes "nearly there" options I've explored; but I'd like opinion from experience. The objective is to be easy to for the user to work around, reliable for its purpose of constraining values, and ease of build and maintenance. 1. Is there a good way to replicate a Forms control (e.g., the listbox) down an Excel column, so that it both addresses the cell benea...

Printing Labels (Receipts) For Each Item On Work Order
I need to print labels containing Ship to Address, Item Look up Number and description. Each Item Needs an Individual Label With All of This Information and the Number of Labels Printed Should Reflect The Quantity From a Work Order. I am attempting to do this as a receipt. I am looking at code from existing receipts and trying to cut and paste what I need from diffrent receipts into one that may suite my needs. I am no XML pro to say the least. If anyone knows a better way or has more experience with XML and may wanna help I would appreciate it! ...

adding items to the action pane in GP 10
We need to offer the capability to add additional windows to the "Go To" button in the Action Panes, beyond the (very) limited options currently available. For example, in the Accounts view of the Financial Center, there is no way to Add to the "Go To" a link to the "Actual vs. Budget Inquiry Window". Lacking this feature requires the user to either return to the Financial Center page, or to use the drop -down menus (Inquiry >> Financial >> Actual vs Budget). Either approach requires the user to re-enter the account number, essentially starti...

Suggestion: Print all items on pick ticket
We have a need to print all items on pick tickets, not just those items in stock. Please provide a method for removing this restriction. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/d...

Offline DB Items don't fully sync with Online DB
When I'm in Online mode I can see all of my items. If I go into Offline Mode, several items are not there. These items were added several months ago, and the two databases have been sync'd successfully over that time. Qtys are updated, Cashier Info is updates....everything looks good except for about 20 items (out of about 1000). No obvious clues among the items that don't make it over. Appears to be random. This is my second install so whatever you can suggest would be appreciated. -- Consultant ...

How do I move text to beside (rather than after) a photo?
I have MS Word 2007. When I place a photo or text box onto a page, I can't then get text to enter beside it. The cursor will only go to the side just above or below the photo. How do I enter text alongside the picture? Change the text wrapping on the photo or text box to Square. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Mrs Mainster" <Mrs Mainster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C43DF85-E305-4DEC-8F8A-3BF1D544FF62@microsoft.com... >I have MS Word 2007. > When...

How to move Calendar items from one Calendar folder to another?
Hello How to move Calendar items from one Calendar folder to another? I'm tempted to say "Drag & Drop them" but you might have already tried that... "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:ezxf2$e5FHA.2560@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello > How to move Calendar items from one Calendar folder to another? Yes, I have already tried that. They do not follow. "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vince@omegageek.com> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:Og2ZHGf5FHA.4076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm tempted ...

Money 2003
I opened Money this morning to do my daily update ( download latest transactions, etc ) and noticed my "Upcoming Bills" section was not listed on my customized summary page. So I bounced over the "Bills & Deposits" section and everything is gone?!? All of my entries have flat out vanished?! Has anyone seen this or have any ideas? tia, B ...

Integration Manager Inventory Lots don't loop through lots when s.
This is the same issue as Bug 27365, which was fixed for SOP. We forgot Inventory Transactions on a decrease adjustment The quantity entered is greater than the quantity available." This issue happens when the first layer of the Lot Number doesn't have enough quantity to satisfy the quantity in the integration. The integration can't go to the next lot layer to grab the remaining lot number (the lot numbers are the same) ********************************* 1. Do a increase adjustment in the inventory module for the Qty of 1. TEST for my lot. 2. Do a second increase adju...

inventory check helpers blessed
This is an example inventory sheet: A | B | C D 1 Code | Serial N. | Description | False/true 2 XYZ2 | 6835HF | MY RASOR | 3 XYW1 | 79632F | MY SOAP | 4 YSW2 | H8850 | MY UNDERW | 10 CHECK ITEM | * * WHICH FORMULA I HAVE TO USE IF I INPUT A VALUE ON CELL C10 (EXACTELY EQUAL TO ONE OF THOSE CONTAINED ON COLUMN B) AND HAVE AS RESULT THE CHANGE OF VALUE (I.E. F or T; 1 or 2) IN COLUMN D ONLY IN THE ROW IN WHICH THE VALUE IS CONTAINED ? ...

moving to exchange from gordano
whatare the steps to safely move a outlook user from gordano to exchange server using a .pst and having the user move wanted pieces of mail from old inbox and folders to new .pst? ...

Moving mail to new computer?
Hello.... I am using Outlook and am movign to a new computer. How do I move saved mail (and any saved mail in folders) to the new computer? Is there an eqsy process of moving certain files? Is there a network way? Tahnk you Copy Outlook.pst to a new location on your new computer. Rename Outlook.pst to Outlook.old at the old location on your new computer. Restart Outlook and Outlook wil ask where your Outlook.pst is. Select Outlook.pst at the new location. Done. Nees "Stan Rudnick" <stan@andrewslucia.com> schreef in bericht news:5xSyf.20351$or4.20097@newssvr12.news....

Data entry slow in an Access project
I am using a form for data entry in an Access 2003 project. The back-end data is on a remote server reached over the internet. The data source for the form is a table with 3200 records. The form also displays 6 sub-forms which display data from child tables of the main table. There is a 3-4 second delay when the user moves from one field to another on the form after modifying an existing record or entering data for a new record. During the delay, the status bar below displays a 'Calculating' message. The table is not actually updated until the user moves to a different record ...

Rule is copying item instead of moving it
I have a .inbox (. to make it come first in the list) and a receipts folder under my personal folders. I've created a rule to move anything with "read:" in the subject to the receipts folder on my personal. Then I have some rules to move anything else (3 rules, one for each importance to capture all e-mails) to my .inbox. The receipts move rule is putting items in the receipts folder but it also leaves a copy in the .inbox (indicating that it's getting captured in the 2nd set of rules). I specifically run the receipts rule first so it's taken care of but I can&#...

Moving Public Folders To New Partition
Good day. I am needing to move my, rather large, Public Folders to a new partition. Am I wrong in assuming that it should be as easy as 'dismounting' that Public folder store, moving the database to the new partition, and 'mounting' that store at its new location? Thanks a ton, Russ And of course you'll have to update the database path in the store properties page. "russkiel@gmail.com" wrote: > Good day. > > I am needing to move my, rather large, Public Folders to a new > partition. Am I wrong in assuming that it should be as easy as > '...

Line Item Comment Text On Forms
Good morning. I am trying to get the line item comment text to appear on my Sales Transaction entry forms (i.e. quotes, orders, and invoices). At present, this field shows but only 4 lines of text and only so wide. I would like to get infinite lines of text with the field growing or shrinking as need be on the form. Would appreciate any advice here. cheap ugg > On Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:50 AM Mark Plaideau wrote: > Good morning. > > > > I am trying to get the line item comment text to appear on my Sales Transaction entry forms (i.e. quotes, orders, and invoi...

Multiple companies / 1 report dictionary / 3 different check stubs
We currently use a modified "Direct Deposit Statement of Earnings" and Employee Checks Stub on Top and Bottom - L" reports to print paychecks/direct deposit statements. We need 3 versions of this modified report because we have three different companies and the checks require 3 different signatures. Other than the different signatures, the report layouts are identical. We use one reports dictionary for all three companies. How best to achieve this? Best regards, Caroline This is what I would try. You have one format for a check and you can export it out from tool...

Item Code
Hi, In Item listing in Smartlist, I found a column for Item Code. This is distinct from Item Number and I could not find this in any menu, report or input screen. Maybe I am not seeing well enough. Does any one know the functionality of Item code while we already have Item number? Thanks CarlG My understanding is that the Item Code field is not currently being used and is planned to be used for international (non-US) versions of the software. "CarlG" wrote: > Hi, > > In Item listing in Smartlist, I found a column for Item Code. This is > distinct from Item Num...

Returning the price of an item
I need to have Excel return the price of an item when I enter it. I work with lists and I frequently type in an item and then I manually enter a price for the item. The cost of the item is known, I just have to look it up in a book and then manually type in the price. Is there a way to create a table, using two columns, one with the item description, one with the price I want returned in my spreadsheet? That way I make only one entry and the computer returns the proper price for me. Thanks, Randy Hi Randy It sounds like VLOOKUP might do the trick. Put your data into a table, on a sepe...

position of chart on page moves when outline expands
Hi, I have two charts I have made to the right of a budget table. The top chart is positioned near the top of the page, the second, a smaller summary chart is just under the first one. Problem is, the Budget table is an expandable outline that can expand by dozens of rows. When in expanded mode, the second chart moves way down off the visible page and is only viewable by scrolling, unless I collapse the outline again. The first chart is anchored at the top where little expansion takes place, thus little movement. Is there any way I can prevent this second chart from moving down when ...

How do I move contact info from excell to Outlook?
I have a basic spreadsheet with contact information in separate columns. name, postition, phone, address, email. I want to move each individual with their information into an entry in Outlook contacts. Can it be merged? Hi Jynene See http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/importcontacts.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Jynene" <Jynene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4C7C20-267B-468A-BD41-0D54B387296E@microsoft.com... > I have a basic spreadsheet with contact information in separate columns. > name, post...

best way to move OL data from Win98 to WinXP
I'm upgrading 15 machines from Win98se to WinXPsp2. What's the best way to keep the OL (mso-xp sbe)files, settings, etc. for each machine? Each machine(person) uses OL a little differently. They would like to keep all they're settings without losing any data. I believe 'exporting' only transfers the contacts but I'm not sure. What about signatures, calendars, email(saved, inbox, etc.)? If I can copy specific files, from where in Win98 (do I find them) then to where in WinXP (do I put them) so they will open and work properly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Makin...

Track Changes -- Moving automatically from one change to the next
Is there a way to move automatically from one change to the next when accepting tracked changes? It seems that now one has to click the right arrow each time, then click "accept change" each time. In Word 2000, the program automatically moved on to the next change. What you describe is the default in Word2007. It was most annoying to converting Word2003 users who liked to be sure that exactly the right change had been made! (No extra spaces or punctuation, no misspellings.) So, which version are you using? On May 19, 8:47=A0pm, Janetmow <Janet...@discussions.mi...

308 item restocking levels
308 change item restocking information. I want to change only the reorder level for 1000 items. I had to find out what each restock level was and type it in or else it would have reset all restock level to 0. My Suggestion: when you generate the worksheet tell me what the current reorder level and restock level is. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggest...