item created date for copied items

We create 2 new product catalogs every year with hundreds of new items.  To
make data entry easier for our users, we use the Copy function.
Unfortunately, the Created Date is not updated for the NEW item (it uses the
copied item's created date).  Also, this NEW item is not listed in Activity
Tracking.

It would be great if Created Date was the actual create date, even if the
NEW item was copied off an old item.  It is important for us to run reports
off Created Date.  It is also important for us to see who created the NEW
item in case there are data entry errors.

Thank you.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=443f56ea-d757-413f-bf58-725a78c19aca&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0