Item class roll down

we made changes to some of our item classes to have 4 decimal places for
currency which were originally set to 2 decimal places. Apparently, the
change did not roll down to the existing items in the class.  Is there a work
around for this or a script maybe?

any suggestion would be appreciated.

thanks!
0
nylferrer (2)

Changes to the currency decimal places in the inventory class id's do not
roll down due to the existance of open PO/SO's/MOP's et cetera.  Making these
changes to the items in the iv00101 by changing the decimal places field via
a SQL update command is dangerous.  Make a full backup before you make these
changes and expect to have some issues....

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"nyl ferrer" wrote:

> we made changes to some of our item classes to have 4 decimal places for
> currency which were originally set to 2 decimal places. Apparently, the
> change did not roll down to the existing items in the class.  Is there a work
> around for this or a script maybe?
>
> any suggestion would be appreciated.
>
> thanks!
0
info4071 (3004)
8/4/2007 6:50:00 PM
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the headsup.  It will help us plan and look for a safer work
around.

Lynette

"Richard L. Whaley" wrote:

> Changes to the currency decimal places in the inventory class id's do not
> roll down due to the existance of open PO/SO's/MOP's et cetera.  Making these
> changes to the items in the iv00101 by changing the decimal places field via
> a SQL update command is dangerous.  Make a full backup before you make these
> changes and expect to have some issues....
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "nyl ferrer" wrote:
>
> > we made changes to some of our item classes to have 4 decimal places for
> > currency which were originally set to 2 decimal places. Apparently, the
> > change did not roll down to the existing items in the class.  Is there a work
> > around for this or a script maybe?
> >
> > any suggestion would be appreciated.
> >
> > thanks!
0
nylferrer (2)

Report available for items IN a stock count?
Is there any report already built in to Dynamics that will show us a particular vendor's items that are currently in a stock cycle count? Or show us if it's ever BEEN in a stock count (other than annual inventory) Is there something in SmartList? We are using v9.0 I could create one via MS Access if someone could tell me which tables would be the ones to use? Pam, From http://victoriayudin.com/gp-reports/inventory-tables/: IV00103 - Item Vendor Master IV10300 - Unposted Stock Count (header) IV10301 - Unposted Stock Count (line detail) IV30700 - Stock Count History (header) IV...

items not in DB
Is there a way to make the barcode scanner make a different sound when the item is not in my DB. If the item is not located the system still scans and reads the barcode making the same scanning sound. I have asked this ? before and never really got an answer. Thanks Any sound that the scanner emits is a function of the scanner and has nothing to do with Microsoft Store Operations. Kinnard L. Kohler Business Machines Systems 6101 South Shackleford Road Little Rock, AR 72204-8606 (T) 501-375-8380 (F) 501-375-0043 (Cell) 501-412-5686 Email: kinnard@removebmsar.com "zoostation&quo...

How do you track items put on sale?
We have 6 stores and use HQ. We constantly have to downgrade items at the store level (put them on sale), but there's no way that I can find to track just what items we put on sale. Currently we run a Style 301 Worksheet (set Item Sale Prices) and send it to the applicable store. But after doing this I can't find an easy way to find out, let's say, all the items that we've put on sale over the last couple of months. I know we could use the worksheet viewer to see all of the 301 worksheets that were fired off but this is much too time consuming for us. I looked into using reas...

Getting class name(MFC)
Hi All, In InitInstance I need a class name but before assigning to m_pMainWnd. InitInstance() { .. .. .. //Here i need a classname to check the instance of the application is not already running // FindWindow(,,) .. .. .. CFileWriteDlg dlg; m_pMainWnd = &dlg; .. .. .. } How should i get the Class name? Thanks and regards Amar See here: http://flounder.com/nomultiples.htm Amar wrote: > //Here i need a classname to check the instance of the application is > not already running > // FindWindow(,,) I like this class for this sort of thing. It's really easy to implem...

TILE can help you to edit RMS or POS 2009 items in seconds
TILE can make the task of record editing and updating extremely easy. With TILE, you will simply open your RMS records in a grid-like view (as we have in MS-Excel), quickly apply one or more filters, use your mouse to select the records, right-click, enter the desired value and update. All 100 records will be updated in a flash! For details, visit: http://www.24sevencart.com/tile.htm On Apr 22, 4:55=A0pm, Mark Antonio <antonio.mark...@gmail.com> wrote: > TILE can make the task of record editing and updating extremely easy. > With TILE, you will simply open your RMS recor...

Link Items
We are a new GP user. Is there a way to link items that should be sold together? Suggestive selling. Example: you order a burger, would you like fries, baked potato, drink.... Our previous software allowed us to set up "Loose Kits", that functioned in this manner. Thank you! -- ltaylor GP has kits. I don't know what a Loose Kit is. GP kits are a bunch of components sold as one item. You set up the components as inventory items then the kit item. When you set up the kit item, you specify it as a kit and then add the components to it. -- Charles Allen, MVP "...

Changing places on items in treeview!
Hello! During drag&drop of items in a CTreeView - how do I replace items on the tree which I drag an item on top of. We can use the example of WindowsXP. In the start menu -> Programs -> Startup. I can change places on items in that folder. How can I do that in the treeview? Anyone know? -- - Lars Use TreeView_SelectItem for the drop source and TreeView_SelectDropTarget for the drop target. You may also want the "track select" style turned on and use TreeView_CreateDragImage for the source item. Use TreeView_GetItem, then TreeView_DeleteItem and TreeView_InsertIt...

I cannot unhide rolls
Provide a bit more information about what you are wanting to do. What is a "roll"? Do you mean a row? Otto "easy problem" <easy problem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43BCC3D9-3466-451A-9A77-EDFF09CE0E94@microsoft.com... > After a wild night of debauchery Easy woke up only to find that he could not remember where he had parked his Rolls. He was not happy to think of having to ride the rest of the day in the Bentley.... To make things worse, he had encountered an Excel workbook that either had: Protection set on the workbook Protecti...

Run a macro to copy selective items
I receive daily several lists of part orders from the customer in Excel file that I do not have any control of. In the Excel file: Column A contents catergory 1 to 100 Column B contents items descriptions of each catergory (about 20 different items per catergory) Column C contents quantities of each item that are changed daily. How can I run a macro that will copy from the customer Excel file and paste only certain catergories within my department (i.g catergory 1 -20) and ignore the rests. Appreciate for any of your help Chris -- chrisdtran -------------------------------------------...

Cannot Move Items from Mailbox to Personal Folder
Hi! Sometimes I experience that I cannot move particular message from mailbox to personal folder, especially on messages that has attachment. Here is the error message: Cannot move the items. The item could not be moved. It was either moved or deleted, or access was denied. But when I click on OK, the message is still on the mailbox. How can I avoid this? Btw, Im using Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP4 with Norton Antivirus for MS Exchange. I don't know if the AV has something to do with this error. Hoping for your response. > I don't know if the AV has something to do w...

item adding procedure
when we create a new item can we add alias of that item at the same time or first we have to create the item and then go in its properties and add alias. Thank you in advance Shoby Shoby, You can add all item properties, including alias's, at the same time you create the item Craig "Shoby" <Shoby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB55EFF9-FC75-446B-9374-795F5D0D63C1@microsoft.com... > when we create a new item can we add alias of that item at the same time > or > first we have to create the item and then go in its properties and add > ali...

Returning multiple items from a listbox
I've done a lot of unsuccessful searching on this forum for this answer I want to be able to select multiple items from a list box and retur the results to a range. I've found this code; Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() For x = 0 To ListBox1.ListCount - 1 If ListBox1.Selected(x) = True Then ActiveCell.Value = UserForm1.ListBox1.List(x) End If Next x End Sub But it returns all selections to a single cell. What I need it to do i return the first selection to A1, the second to A2, etc. By the way, this site is awesome and has never let me down, pleas don't fail me now! : --...

CTreeView: How to disable highlighting of drop item
Hi, during drag&drop the text of the currently selected drop item automatically gets highlighted. Because I want to create my own highlighting procedure, I'm looking for a method to disable the built in procedure. My first idea was to use CTreeCtrl::SelectDropTarget(NULL). But this doesn't help, because than the drag item gets highlighted. So my question is: How can I hide or disable this highlighting? Can I some how change the color of highlighting to the background color? Regards, Frank Hi Frank, Here is wath I do to stop highlighting the item and highlight others if ...

VBA macro & key bind to override Ctrl-D deletion of journal items
When I work with Journal entries, I have the timer running, make notes, and frequently press Ctrl-S to save. However, slippery fingers often hit Ctrl-D instead, which deletes the item (I'm not sure if the even updates the time or the notes). When that happens, I go hunting in the Delete bin to fish it back out and resume. It is, how shall I say it...nonideal. I've posted about this in: http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_frm/thread/f938c56cbe4ddace http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/browse_frm/thread/834f879723d007cb ...

Large # of items, but none present when openned in Outlook???
I have a strange thing going on here. Exchange 5.5 Administrator shows this one user's mailbox with some 16000 items but when I opened the user's mailbox, there are only a couple items in there?!?! How and where should I tackle this problem? thanks. First in Outlook go to properties of Outlook Today and go to Folder Size. This can tell you if the messages are in some other folder. If the mail is for sure not there then follow this. You will have to stop the store to do this. XADM: Isinteg Utility Does Not Correct Mailbox Item Count http://support.microsoft.com/?id=259675 -- ...

Removing contact items
Hi I need to delete, via code, all contacts whose category field has a certain value (lets say 'xxx') in it. What is the code that I need to use for this? Thanks Regards Hi John, you can loop per For Each through the folders and check the Categories property with the Instr$ function. For better performance I�d do that via CDO instead of the OOM. -- Viele Gr��e Michael Bauer "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:eSIsV9iJFHA.2980@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I need to delete, via code, all contacts whose category field has a cer...

Database Restores and Deleted Item Retention
If you have deleted item retention set to, lets say 3 weeks and you perform a restore to a point 2 months ago, will the deleted item retention be in place on that restore so that you can recover deleted items up to 3 weeks prior to the point of the backup? I hope that makes sense. Very clear in the head but hard to put into words. Thanks in advance! Colin On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:43:03 -0700, "csmith76" <csmith76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If you have deleted item retention set to, lets say 3 weeks and you perform a >restore to a point 2 months ago, will ...

Distinct items from recordset
Hi How to get distinct items from a recordset? Let's assume I have two columns returned from a database: countries and cities. I want to retrieve a list of unique country names. Kind regards IgorM Excel 2003 Data->Filter->Advanced->select your ranges and tick "Unique records only" On 23 Mar, 09:26, "IgorM" <ig...@live.com> wrote: > Hi > > How to get distinct items from a recordset? Let's assume I have two columns > returned from a database: countries and cities. > I want to retrieve a list of unique country ...

strange treectrl item selection state in XP
When you click on the icon of an item in a treectrl type view initially the text of the item gets the focus and the text is reverse hilighted. Then if you click a second time the reverse-hilight goes away and is replaced by an outline box around the text. I'm not talking about in-place edit here, just clicking twice on the icon only. You can see this behavior in an explorer window by clicking slowly twice on a file icon. Ok I just went and checked on this box (w2k) and its not happening but it does on XP (sp2). So my question is: what is this second state where just the outline of the ...

How to auto-generate a unique ID in the Item table?
I want to auto-generate a unique ID in the Item table when a new item is created. How can I do this with MSDE SQL Server? By using SQL triggers or setting the Item ID field as auto-generate? However, if I change the Item ID field will those changes be blown away when MSDE is upgraded? Thanks, Poppy item table already has an identity field (Item.ID) that is auto generated and unique, so what is the problem u have? "Poppy" <Poppy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E741C01B-5341-4A3E-A16E-048533EB4951@microsoft.com... >I want to auto-generate a unique ID ...

No sent Items!
have a user who is remote. She recently had her Dell laptop motherboard replace 10/12/03. She noticed today that Outlook has not been keeping record of her sent emails. I'm sure the MB has nothing to do with this but I have look at all the Options and Outlook 2002 is configure to record sent items but there is nothing after that date. She sent me several test messages while on the phone together that were not recorded in her sent items. I checked her views and everything is standard. Listed by date and by names, nothing. I had her do an Outlook repair and I had her run the scanpst ...

new-item -type directory inquiry
I've creating a script that inventories a machine and then copies the information out to a netowrk share. Here is the beginning of the script: $MachineName = hostname $Path = '\\server\share\Machine_Inventory\' + $MachineName $DirectoryExists = Test-Path $Path - PathType Container If ($DirectoryExists = 'False') {New-Item \\server\share\Machine_Inventory\$MachineName -type directory} This part works fine if it finds the directory doesn't exist. It creats the directory and then continues along and inventories the machine and places the inventory results ...

Customer Item Number
I require the addition of Customer Item Numbers to the SOP reports. Prior to V7 this was done using the explorer (smartlist) dictionary. This is not the case in V8 and I need to know how to access the Sales Customer Item Cross Reference Table using the Dynamics.dic dictionary? Could not find any existing functions for this and require insight. Thanks. The alternate reports in SmartList are no longer required for v8.0 because the table used for storing the Customer Item Numbers is now part of core Dynamics.dic. Please create a relationship to the sopCustomerItemXref (SOP60300) Sales ...

Monthly Item sales Report
I was looking for a cross-tab (spreadsheet style) report created by RMS that would put Months across the top (columns) and Items for the rows. It would be great to be able to see Qty on hand. The report would look something like: Lookup code Description On Hand Month 1 Month 2 Month 3 Month 4 Month 5 Month 6 12345678 Test Item 67 125 80 100 110 100 88 87654321 Another Item 25 80 60 95 147 158 68 This is a great tool for seeing monthly trends as well as fore...

Text color changing for a Tree Control Item
Hello Friends, I want to change the text color of an item present in a Tree control at the run time depending upon some value. For example I am having a boolean variable bool bValid = false; I want set the item text color to red whenever bValid == true; How can this be done? Please help me. thanks in Advance. Neelesh K J Jain. -- Quality is not an accident. Its the outcome of SmartWork How about this: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/misc-advanced/article.php/c633/ AliR. "Neelesh K J Jain" <NeeleshKJJain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...