Item Allocation Inquiry - Field Service module

Dynamics enables you to allocate inventory on the Parts Information window of
Depot Management (part of Field Service). After I have included parts in the
Parts Information window, when I then go to the Item Quantities Maintenance
screen, I can see that these parts have been added to the Allocated
quantities. When I double-click on the Allocated label on the Item Quantities
Maintenance window, the Item Allocation Inquiry window opens. However, I do
not see the allocations made by Depot Management, I assume, because it is has
not been selected in the Module Restrictions box . It has not been selected
because I cannot figure out how it get this option added so the module is
available for selection.

I have been unable to fing any information as to how to add modules to this
box in either KnowledgeBase or in postings in the newsgroup.

Can Depot Management be added to be available for selection? If so, how or
where can I look to find infomration about doing this? If it cannot be added,
how can I find out by what Depot Management work orders my invneotyr items
are allocated?

Thank you for any assisnatce that you can provide.
0
DonJohnson (126)

------=_NextPart_0001_8EB87792

Hi Don.

Thank you for using Newsgroups.

I do apologize for the delay in this reply.

At this time, none of the Field Service Modules are designed to appear in
the Module Restriction box.

I do believe that this has been entered as a Product Suggestion - however
at this time, there are no plans to add them.

If you run a select statement on your SVC06101 where ATYALLOC <> 0, you
should be able to see what documents are allocated.

Currently, there are no means through the application to view this
information.

I do hope this answers your question.

Thank you

Dean Marty
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

Please note that the newsgroups are staffed weekdays with a

goal to provide ONE BUSINESS DAY RESPONSE to all posts.

If this response time does not meet your needs,

please contact CSS for more immediate assistance:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607
0
dmarty (19)

Items missing from Companyweb after SBS 2008 migration
Has anyone struck this problem before? A quick Google search turned up nothing. After migrating from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 and following the instructions to create an OldCompanyweb site on the SBS 2008 server, we've found some of the files and folders from our SharePoint v2 Companyweb are missing! At first it only appeared to be password- protected documents that were missing, but a closer inspection shows that isn't the case. Doing a side-by-side comparison of Companyweb on the old SBS 2003 server and OldCompanyweb on the new SBS 2008 server, one document library for exam...

Field (Account Rating code) not showing up in Advanced Find
We use the Account Rating code or ABC code to define our customers. This field does not show up in the Advanced Find feature in CRM 3.0. All the others seem to be there. Can anyone tell me how to get this to show up? thanks for the help. Angela Hi, Go at the attributes of account ( in customization ) . select the attribute and click on edit . set the searchable = Yes . regards Aami Hi Aami, I appreciate the follow up but I don't see the option to select searchable = to yes I only see Display Name, Schema Name, Requirement Level, Description and then the picklist selection. ...

SQL Reporting Services and Multiple Databases
Creating a report to work against a single database is pretty easy. Does anybody have a good method for making the same report work for any company database? I'm not talking about consolidating them but being able to have the report set up once and make it dynamically use the company I specify. -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles, I saw a technique like this one http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Development/2945/ at SQL Saturday in Orlando so I know it can be done. Essentially you're passing a parameter to the connection string similar to using a parameter in a report. Mark ...

table with multiple fields with lookup to same table
I will relate my issue to the Northwinds sample db. I would like my "orders" table to contain fields for the products in the order (let's say 3 products) that would have a lookup to the products table. Can anyone please tell me how I could do this, or explain what other method to use. =?Utf-8?B?SiBEYXZl?= <J Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9A4A008E-8FE9-4F4B-BD09-E200657BBA77@microsoft.com: > I will relate my issue to the Northwinds sample db. I would like > my "orders" table to contain fields for the products in the order > (let's...

Personal Folders Service
Is there a registry key tweak that can be used to remove/disable the Personal Folders Service from Outlook2000? Thanks Lee Gerhardstein lgerhardstein@ag.state.oh.us See the following KB article; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=258277 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1afa401c44fbf$ebe333a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a registry key tweak that can be used to > remove/disable the Personal...

Checkbook Balance Inquiry Slow
Hi All, For years, we have had a problem when we try to look at our checkbook balance for our Operations or Disbursements account (both have a lot of transactions). It can take about 2 minutes for the window to load the data. It does this for all users and has done it on multiple versions (we are currently on 10.0). I am wondering if anyone else has this issue or is familiar with how we can find out why it is so slow! I am ready to open up a ticket with Microsoft, but I figured I'd give the forum a try first :) Thanks in advance for any help! Yes, this is an issue that Microsoft...

MTA service does not start
Hello world, after having tried to demote an SBS2003 server in order to join an existent domain we finally had to give up and re-install active directory and create a brand new domain. After that, obviously Exchange server 2003 (SP 1) didn't want to re-start, having no links with ne new AD. Tried setup/forestprep and setup/domainprep, didn't work, disinstalled everything (partly by hand, deleting the reg keys) and finally reinstalled Exchange Server, apparently without problems. Now all the services are up and running but MTA, who starts and then stops leaving us with two error ...

how to show addresses, not names in to field
i have outlook 2000, Windows XP-Pro. i just want to have the e-mail addresses from my Contacts show in the "TO" field as e-mail addresses, NOT their names. this is help/about/line 2 "Internet Mail Only - Security Update" PLEASE help THANKS! Read the responses to all your other posts. The answer is still no. IMO provides no access to the Display Name field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "outlook victim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bbe01c425b5$5fde29c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > i have outlook 2000, Windows XP-Pro. > i...

Reset field based on the the results in another field
I have a picklist field on a form and a field that is using the radio button. When the user changes the selection on the picklist field to "completed", javascript checks the value of the radio button field. If the field is set to no,an alert pops up to the user. The picklist field should then reset back to the previous value. I have only been able to get the code to set the field to 'blank' (not acceptable). Please help. -- Onetreeup Hi, doesn't something like this do the trick: in the onload you capture the value of the picklist when the form is loaded. and yo...

Personal Folder (pst) messages being moved to deleted items folder
A few users I assist have recently had the cleansing of their Personal Folders data. All of this data if broken into dozens of sub-folders and for an unknown reason moved into the "Deleted Items" folder. The good news is the messages are all there, but the bad news, it's no longer sorted logically. 1) Is there any way to reverse this? 2) How can we prevent this from happening again or to others? (I've verified auto archiving is turned off - and noone has run it on their own) Windows XP SP3 - Outlook 2007 SP2. Thank you, Jim 1) Restoring from backup wi...

Stopping the Over-Receipt of Purchase Line Items
Without code, does anybody know of a way to prevent a user from overreceiving a purchase order? The message appears that says the item has been fully received. But, the user is still able to keep going. Thanks -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles, I checked and I don't think you can accomplish this without a customization. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Charles Allen" wrote: > Without code, does anybody know of a way to...

Manufacturing Component Transaction Entry Allocations
When using the Manufacturing Component Transaction Entry window to issue material, the process is to select items to issue and add them to the pick document. This allows “partial picking” by picking only those items specifically selected and added to the pick document. This is good. From there, the pick document can be printed and this document used to direct warehouse staff to gather the material to issue. The problem with the current functionality is that selecting the items to issue from the “Items” tab, allocates the item. This isn’t a problem on non-serial or lotted items, but ...

Deleted items NOT going to Deleted Items folder
Got a new, Windows 7 Home, PC. Dealer imported all from Outlook Express on old XP Home PC. Now when I delete an email it disappears - doesn't go to the Deleted Items folder. How do I get it to go to the Deleted Items folder? Keith I use Outlook Express 6 so your version may be different... Take a look in Tools, Options, Maintenance tab and see if Deleted Messages are deleted; is so, try unchecking. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Keith" <Keith@nohtsystems.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:4ccc075f$0$2529$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk... > Got a new, Windows 7 Home, ...

32 character payee field limit in Money 2005
I know this issue has been addressed before but I am wondering if there has been any update. As others have expressed, I find the 32 character limit ridiculous, even if it does comply with OFX standards. When I download my statements from my various banks, they invariably stretch beyond 32 characters, such as: BANKOFAMERICA ATM WITHDRAWAL ON which should read: BANKOFAMERICA ATM WITHDRAWAL ON 12/16/2003 FROM KIRKLAND, WA or BANKER ON LINE TRNSFR FROM CHECK which should read: BANKER ON LINE TRNSFR FROM CHECKING 82065555 The disappointing part is that, in general, the important informa...

Displaying the number of unread items
I have just upgraded from Outlook XP/2002 to Outlook 2003 and noticed that the number of unread items no longer displays for public folders. I am in an Exchange 5.5 environment. Has anyone else run into this problem? Thanks! Are you using Public Folder Favorites or just the standard Public Folders? If you add the folders to your Favorites, they should display. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After search...

Print Item Number Ole object on Sales Order Processing reports
Would like the ability to print an Item Number Ole object on my SOP reports. For example, go to Transactions, Sales, Sales Transaction Entry. In the Sales Transaction Entry window, enter an Order for an Item. Click the Item Number Note button. Once you are in the Note window, click the paperclip button to add an Ole Object. In the OLE Container window, click Edit, and then click Insert New Object. In the next widow click Create from File. This is where you will attach an existing object (such as an image or text file). Close the window and save your changes. Click Attach to atta...

Deleting corrupted items from In Box
Is there any way to delete a corrupted message from the In Box -(message cannot be opened, deleted or moved - trying perform any of these operations causes Outlook to hang)- other than running AutoArchive? ...

No smtp service in 2007 exchange
We are in the process of moving our 2003 exchange to a 2007 exchange environment. We have 1 server that acts as the hub server, mailbox server, and the client access server. We also have an edge transport server sitting in our DMZ. My problem is that hub servers and edge transport servers cannot have smtp service installed.My 1st question has to do with dns. When I add the new MX record to our dns do I list the name of the Mailbox/client access/hub server or the Edge transport server? 2nd question If smtp service is not running on the edge transport server how does it accept or send mai...

Reporting table fields vertically
I've come across a client with a non-normalized table with sales of items for eight different regions. So, the fields in the table are: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty .... .... Region8SalesQty Typically the client is printing these sales in columns, with a report that has the eight regions spaced horizontally across the page. Something like this: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty ... Region8SalesQty However, they now need a report with the sales reported vertically, like this: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty ...

How to reference fields/objects on a form
Hello, Can anyone help me understand how to reference the fields/objects on a form when querying/updating database tables? Example: Form name = "frm_Cont_master" 1. SSN (text box) 2. First name (text box) 3. Last Name (text box) 4. Company (Assume this is a combo box selecting Company name and/or Company ID number from a seperate lookup table). 5. Department (Assume this is combo box selecting department name/number from 2nd lookup table, based on the value in #4 above). Assume Company ABC has departments 1-5 and Company XYZ has departments 6-9. Selecting ABC in ...

Restriction on appending data to custom fields on Account Form?
I'm having problems appending data to a custom field on the Account Form. However, the code works perfectly on a custom form, I've made. Btw, the ONLOAD code is: crmForm.all.fieldname.DataValue = 'Text'; On the custom form, the field is filled with the word Text, but on the Account form, nothing happens. Is there some kind of restriction on the account form, and if so - is it possible to remove this restriction? Thanks btw, another example to illustrate the problem: I use this code... window.moveTo(0,0); window.resizeTo(screen.availWidth, screen.availHeight); ....to...

Adding new Online Service
I have my credit union set up under online service manager. I have second account at the credit union for my bowling league. It's a different account number and pin so I can't access it from the main account, at least I can't figure out how. I also have a 401K account with another financial institution. I can't figure out how to add a new Online Service which I would at least need to do to access my 401K account. I think I need to do that to get access to my bowling account online also. Can I do that? In microsoft.public.money, Bill Harrison wrote: >I have my credit u...

Disabling Microsoft Money Background Banking Service (mnybbsvc.exe) in 2007
I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? In microsoft.public.money, Milhouse Van Houten wrote: >I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the >settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? You could remove your LiveID. ...

Inventory Reconcile ... Include Item History
Can anyone tell me ... if you do NOT mark 'Include Item History' in the Reconcile Inventory Quantities window (Inventory Reconcile), exactly what does the utility NOT do? Window help is useless ... it says "Mark to have item history records reconciled, also." Our VAR was not clear in their answer. They said to do it only if you change a unit of measure or change quantity decimals. Based on the verbaige you would think not marking it means it would not re-calculate summary on-hand quantities. 'History' in the inventory module means anything posted, r...