Is it possible to Integrate One check for Several invoices in AP??

We would like to use the Payables Integration to import one check for
serveral invoices in Great Plains. Is this possible?

Example. We have 20 different invoices from the same Vendor and would like a
single check to pay all twenty invoices through Payables integration.

In the source file we included 20 different invoices but used the same check
number, checkbook id, and totaled check amount for all the invoices. During
integration we got an error saying the Check Amount cannot exceed the
Purchases amount. Does this mean it is not possible for us to use one check
to pay multiple invoices via integration?

Any suggestions, ideas on how to setup the source file correctly are
welcome. Thanks for reading.

Not using Integration Manager, but you can do it with econnect.
HS

"GPLoveHateRelationship" <GPLoveHateRelationship@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:6407C200-9A34-42BC-B26F-429AF635646A@microsoft.com...
> We would like to use the Payables Integration to import one check for
> serveral invoices in Great Plains. Is this possible?
>
> Example. We have 20 different invoices from the same Vendor and would like
> single check to pay all twenty invoices through Payables integration.
>
> In the source file we included 20 different invoices but used the same
> check
> number, checkbook id, and totaled check amount for all the invoices.
> During
> integration we got an error saying the Check Amount cannot exceed the
> Purchases amount. Does this mean it is not possible for us to use one
> check
> to pay multiple invoices via integration?
>
> Any suggestions, ideas on how to setup the source file correctly are
> welcome. Thanks for reading.

0
HSalim (1270)
2/13/2008 2:26:15 PM
Hi HSalim,

Actually I think it is possible to do with Integration Manager.

I managed to run a test and it seems like it worked. The single check paid
off several invoices, provided I allow the checkbook to allow duplicate check
numbers.

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> Not using Integration Manager, but you can do it with econnect.
> HS
>
> "GPLoveHateRelationship" <GPLoveHateRelationship@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:6407C200-9A34-42BC-B26F-429AF635646A@microsoft.com...
> > We would like to use the Payables Integration to import one check for
> > serveral invoices in Great Plains. Is this possible?
> >
> > Example. We have 20 different invoices from the same Vendor and would like
> > single check to pay all twenty invoices through Payables integration.
> >
> > In the source file we included 20 different invoices but used the same
> > check
> > number, checkbook id, and totaled check amount for all the invoices.
> > During
> > integration we got an error saying the Check Amount cannot exceed the
> > Purchases amount. Does this mean it is not possible for us to use one
> > check
> > to pay multiple invoices via integration?
> >
> > Any suggestions, ideas on how to setup the source file correctly are
> > welcome. Thanks for reading.

New items with purchase order integration
I'm running a daily integration to bring purchase orders into GP using Integration Manager. The source is a text file. It works very well. The problem I have is with new items. When there is an item in the source file that does not exist in Great Plains, I would like the integration to fail or skip the line item. Currently, it brings the item into the Purchase Order as a non inventory item. The document will show the item number and the cost but no item description. Where can I change the behavior for this? Unfortunately, with the users that put non-inventory items on POs Wh...

Bank Rec void check date s/b same as GL void date
When voiding a check in the payables management module and the Void date and Posting date are changed from the original check date, Bank reconciliation should recognize that void date instead of the original check date as the voided date. Please refer to Knowledgebase Article 857704 to see how Ban Rec handles the date of a void check. If a check is voided in Payables Mgmt on a different date than the original date, and bank rec uses the original date trying to reconcile to the general ledger is a problem because the adjusted bank book balance is different than the GL balance becuase th...

As in GP ver7.5 allow the removal of the SQL user integration
Ver 10 of GP enrypts the user password in such a way that the user can't login using their profile to any other SQL process. Ver 7.5 allowed the detaching of this encryption facility in GP. Removing this ability is a backward step. The ability to detach the GP to SQL user integration should be reinstated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion i...

Invoice designer #5
I am using Small Business 2005 and I am trying to change some of the invoice designs. I do manage to save them, but my problem is that the text boxes and labels starts "jumping" around when I try to resize or move them. Sometimes it works fine, but other times the boxes resizes or moves in a matter that I can not control. Any tips for this problem With all the cool products that Microsoft has, their invoice designer is the biggest piece of puke ever. Microsoft Word 1.0 was more friendly than the invoice designer. As is publisher and access and so on.... "japasu" wr...

Numeric content in one cell ( implicit formula ) and the result in another one
Hi, I made some search before, but too much information at the same time. So I post this question: In cell D2 , I have the following content : 10002/(14971213 - 37375) /1000000) In cell E2, I would like to have the result value of data in cell D2 : 669,754 I would not work with "left...len... search... right.." as the format ( then formula ) in cell D2 may change. Is there a function giving the computed result of a cell and put the result in another one? Best regards Pierre In cell E2, will the formula "=D2" do it for you? Or is that too simplistic and I don'...

Check Reprinting
There are times when AP or Payroll checks are sent to the printer, the Printer jams or for some reason GP stops printing. I am trying to find the best way to handle this. For example. if I am sending 200 checks in my check run and say they start at check number 1 and the printer jams on check number 50. In this case if try to reprint checks from 51 to 200 - GP voids checks numbers 51 to 200 and requires that the next check number should be 201. This means I have to void/trash 150 perfectly good checks. Is there any way to reprint them without the GP "voiding" the checks. T...

Excel 2002
....I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the Chart Wizard, I can easily select the filtered data range but it doesn't seem possible to select the (filtered) headings as the X-axis (time period). Any ideas or workrounds? Thanks in advance, Amanda when you set up your autofilter range leave the row you want to use for your axis out of the range. "Birmangirl" wrote: > ...I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using > Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the...

recover a mail or several with only MS products
Hi Is it possible to recover a mail or a few mail to a single mailbox from tape with only MS products? I know the feature of retention time but if the mail is older than that. If not possible. What would be a great third part software for backing up and restoring mails, mailboxes and a complete disaster. TIA Tomppa On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:57:39 +0300, "Tommy Forsman" <tofors99@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi > >Is it possible to recover a mail or a few mail to a single mailbox from tape >with only MS products? >I know the feature of retention time but if the ma...

OWA 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Server
I've customized OWA 5.5 to emulate the custom message form we use in OL. This doenst appear to be as doable in OWA 2003. Is there a way to run OWA 5.5 against the EX2003 server? On a clone of the old OWA 5.5 sever I've tried modifying the org, site, and server entries under the MSExchangeWEB\Parameters entries to point to the EX2003 server but I get "The Microsoft Exchange server is down or the HTTP service has been disabled...". Originally I tried it when I tried migrating and I thought it worked, but now I loaded EX2003 from scratch and subsequently it doesnt. If I ...

Option to select printer B4 printing Payables Checks
Client recently upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0 and they lost the option to select a printer after clicking print. From print payables checks In 7.5 when they would click on print, a window would pop up and give them the option to select a printer to send their checks to. Now it automatically goes to their defaulted printer. How do they set up the option in 9.0? Go to the Named Printers settings, and look at the checkbox to suppress the printer dialog box. This should solve your problem Best regards Mike "TROOTBMI" <TROOTBMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Checking cell for Number
I have about 200 numbers in column A. I would like to enter any number in Column B. In column C I would like, it to show if the number is used or free. can this be done with a if statement? Thanks Try... =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$200,B1),"Used","Free") If you have a list of numbers in Column B that you'd like to check, enter the above formula in C1, and copy and paste the formula to your other cells in Column C. Hope this helps! In article <E5CA9196-6FCF-492C-B488-1B7E431720CF@microsoft.com>, Lee <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have abou...

copy data from one worksheet to identical sheet in different workbook
I want to essentially sync the data between 2 identical worksheets in different workbooks. Essentially, I want to import and replace data in the second sheet with data from the first, is there a simple way to do this without deleting the worksheet and then copying the new sheet into the workbook? Thanks You can right-click on your source-sheetname tab, the shortmenu will reflect Copy/MoveSheet.... Select it and make 2 other choices: 1) Check to Create Copy box at bottom 2) From dropdown box at top of screen select an existing open workbook or select new-workbook. OK HTH "a...

Moving CRM from one server to another error at step 5
I've only got one server on the network. I wanted to reinstall it from scratch as when CRM was installed Exchange had not been and is coming up with a corrupt metabase if I try to install. The server has 2 disks mirrored, so I've broken the mirror and now have the old installation on one disk and a brand new install on the other. The machine name, domain name etc are identical. I've gone through the redeployment guide, but on step 5 the process bombs with a series of errors: 06/14/2005 15:39:44 Backup BusinessUnitBase table. 06/14/2005 15:39:45 Could not use view or function...

different versions
I created a calendar @ work with a higher version of Publisher. I am trying to access the file @ home, but I have 2000 and it says it can't open it. What can I do? You will have to save the calendar at work as a Publisher 2000 document. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jabrjawz" <jabrjawz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57F19583-7E3D-4EF3-B384-ABDA85A33AF6@microsoft.com... >I created a calendar @ work with a higher version of Publisher. I am trying > to access the file @ home, but I have 2000 and it says it can't open it. > What...

migrating multiple companies into one
We have multiple companies and are exploring the possibilities of bringing them into one company. Any suggestions? We would like to specifically bring all inventory databases into one database so we can make cost changes only once. Thanks kel 2 things: GOOD LUCK make a full backup of your entire gp environment and simulate a test environment to do it in first. "Kelly Porter" wrote: > We have multiple companies and are exploring the possibilities of bringing > them into one company. Any suggestions? > > We would like to specifically bring all inventory data...

Here's another good one... (Money 2005)
Money's Online Services for my Credit Union have downloaded my auto loan as a credit card. I can't change the account type and I can't merge it with another account. Does anyone know how to link the online services with my "REAL" loan account? || Aaron ...

On error displayes default error code instead of the specifyed one
Hi, I have added error handling code to my combo box. Private Sub searchName_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object On Error GoTo ERR_Handler Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[sdutentId] = " & Str(Nz(Me![searchName], 0)) On Error GoTo 0 Exit Sub ERR_Handler: MsgBox "Please empty search box before continuing!" End Sub But it doesn't display the message in msgbox, it displayed default ms access error code. which is "The text you have entered isn't an item in the ...

How do we close an invoice in version 3.0?
In version 1.2 we had an Action on the toolbar to close the invoice. Now we have nothing. I tried customizing the form and adding the statecode, but that field is Read-only and so it didn't help. We mass-print all of our invoices and need them to be closed (not deleted) once they are paid. HELP! Thanks, Karla So sorry!! I did not see Invoice Paid on the Actions menu once the invoice was open. Solved!!! "KK" wrote: > In version 1.2 we had an Action on the toolbar to close the invoice. > Now we have nothing. > > I tried customizing the form and adding...

Multiple "SUM IF" functions in one formula??
I know it can be done, Excel can do anything but I'm not sure if I can even explain it. For example, I want column D2 to display a qty IF a customer number equals a specific value AND a part number equals a specific value. Basically Column A is a list of part numbers, and Row 1 is a list of customers. I need to pull how many parts each customer has ordered. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dax" <dax.tipton@smc.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:593e3ca7.0408301337.7b8f6a35@posting.google.com... > I ...

How do I print one page only?
I'm using the merge function and have a report with 20 pages. Sometimes I make a mistake on one page and have to reprint but it only lets me reprint all 20 pages.How do I print one page of a multiple page documents? When you select File, Print there is where it will display the pages to print. Say you want only page 12. Select pages from 12 of 12. -- Don Vancouver USA "mandero" <mandero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52FFB5AD-3F05-4DB8-AAF3-709503B30F3F@microsoft.com... > I'm using the merge function and have a report with 20 pages. Somet...

how do i delete blank space on one note pages
Once I've added something on to a one note page and then delete it, its not always possible to delete the blank space. Not a big problem in one note, until you come to print and then you get blank pages which is not good for the planet !! Ive tried using the Insert Extra Writing Space in reverse, which sometimes works but not consistently. Im using OneNote 2007 in XP environment -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Once I've added something on to a one note page and then delete it, its not > always possible to delete the blank space. > > Not ...

Creating a single PDF for thousands of invoices
We would like to see the ability of creating a single PDF when doing large batches of invoices instead of having name each one. It's inefficient to name thousands of PDF's. The process of printing them can be efficient for us if all of the invoices in range or batch were appended inside of a single PDF. We could them print the PDF on high speed Xerox printers that we own. If we try to print them today on the high speed Xerox, each invoice is a seperate print job and the Xerox queue will see them with the same invoice name and it will only print one until the operator clicks on e...

data from one calender to another
I'm running an exch2003 serverSP2. I had an administrator fill a diary with appointments. She has placed them in the wrong users calender. Can i remotely transfer/migrate the calender from one mailbox to another? Many thanks Mark you can export all the appointments to a pst file, then import them to the correct calendar... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "gingaboy" <mrocks@1-solution.co.uk> wrote in message news:1165529153.790612.225910@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm running an exch2003 serverSP2. I had an administrator fill a > diary with appointments...

Copy and Paste from One Document to another without changing forma
Everytime I copy and paste from one publisher 2003 document to another the formats change after I paste it to a new document. Then I need to go to the new document and change all the formats for each text box so it includes all of the text in the original tex box. It defaults to something other then what was pasted from the original document. How can I change it keep the same as what I originaly copied dltgng wrote: > Everytime I copy and paste from one publisher 2003 document to another the > formats change after I paste it to a new document. Then I need to go to the > new do...

Is it possible to add Credit Memos to Check Distribution Report?
In GP Check Distribution Report (Reports - Purchasing - Check Information - Check Distribution) is it possible to add Credit Memos that are applied to Invoices on a check? Currently this report by default only shows the Invoices the Check is paying off, but if possible we'd like to show any credit memos associated with invoices on this report. Thanks very much!!! Definitely NOT without a Customization. -- Regards, Vaidy "GPLoveHateRelationship" wrote: > In GP Check Distribution Report (Reports - Purchasing - Check Information - > Check Distribution) is it poss...