Is GP right for an ISP?

We are a rapidly growing service provider. We’ve used a variety of billing
programs, but nothing we’ve tried so far seems to offer the monthly
reoccurring billing we need for our clients, and the ability to keep up with
Inventory. We do T1s, and almost every customer we have ends up with a
router, and a number of VoIP Phones. We have to keep up with a large number
of hardware items, most with a unique MAC address and serial number for
warranty and provisioning. GP seems to be able to handle our inventory
requirements, but can it generate monthly invoices for services, and keep up
with contracts similar to the way the MS CRM does?

Great Plains as a platform or foundation is great for ISPs.  I'm sure you can
get references from many ISP businesses that use GP.  We are an ISV and we
offer many enhancements only for GP and we also have a billing solution built
specifically for an ISP.  I would contact a VAR and learn more about GP
first.

Darren

"UnionDatacom" wrote:

> We are a rapidly growing service provider. We’ve used a variety of billing
> programs, but nothing we’ve tried so far seems to offer the monthly
> reoccurring billing we need for our clients, and the ability to keep up with
> Inventory. We do T1s, and almost every customer we have ends up with a
> router, and a number of VoIP Phones. We have to keep up with a large number
> of hardware items, most with a unique MAC address and serial number for
> warranty and provisioning. GP seems to be able to handle our inventory
> requirements, but can it generate monthly invoices for services, and keep up
> with contracts similar to the way the MS CRM does?
0
Darren (170)
1/4/2006 1:10:02 AM
UnionDatacom - Where are you based out of?

"Darren" wrote:

> Great Plains as a platform or foundation is great for ISPs.  I'm sure you can
> get references from many ISP businesses that use GP.  We are an ISV and we
> offer many enhancements only for GP and we also have a billing solution built
> specifically for an ISP.  I would contact a VAR and learn more about GP
> first.
>
> Darren
>
> "UnionDatacom" wrote:
>
> > We are a rapidly growing service provider. We’ve used a variety of billing
> > programs, but nothing we’ve tried so far seems to offer the monthly
> > reoccurring billing we need for our clients, and the ability to keep up with
> > Inventory. We do T1s, and almost every customer we have ends up with a
> > router, and a number of VoIP Phones. We have to keep up with a large number
> > of hardware items, most with a unique MAC address and serial number for
> > warranty and provisioning. GP seems to be able to handle our inventory
> > requirements, but can it generate monthly invoices for services, and keep up
> > with contracts similar to the way the MS CRM does?
0
Jack4963 (284)
1/7/2006 10:54:03 PM
Hi Jack,

We're based out of Burnaby, BC, Canada.  Check out our web site for more
info: www.binarystream.com

"Jack" wrote:

> UnionDatacom - Where are you based out of?
>
> "Darren" wrote:
>
> > Great Plains as a platform or foundation is great for ISPs.  I'm sure you can
> > get references from many ISP businesses that use GP.  We are an ISV and we
> > offer many enhancements only for GP and we also have a billing solution built
> > specifically for an ISP.  I would contact a VAR and learn more about GP
> > first.
> >
> > Darren
> >
> > "UnionDatacom" wrote:
> >
> > > We are a rapidly growing service provider. We’ve used a variety of billing
> > > programs, but nothing we’ve tried so far seems to offer the monthly
> > > reoccurring billing we need for our clients, and the ability to keep up with
> > > Inventory. We do T1s, and almost every customer we have ends up with a
> > > router, and a number of VoIP Phones. We have to keep up with a large number
> > > of hardware items, most with a unique MAC address and serial number for
> > > warranty and provisioning. GP seems to be able to handle our inventory
> > > requirements, but can it generate monthly invoices for services, and keep up
> > > with contracts similar to the way the MS CRM does?
0
Darren (170)
1/9/2006 5:24:03 PM
I was a former CIO in a Telecommunications firm in Argentina (MILLICOM)
we implement GP 7.0 in 2003 and works fine to manage over 7000
customers/contracts.
We integrate our intranet with GP trough Integration Manager.

Jack escribió:
> UnionDatacom - Where are you based out of?
>
> "Darren" wrote:
>

>>Great Plains as a platform or foundation is great for ISPs.  I'm sure you can
>>get references from many ISP businesses that use GP.  We are an ISV and we
>>offer many enhancements only for GP and we also have a billing solution built
>>specifically for an ISP.  I would contact a VAR and learn more about GP
>>first.
>>
>>Darren
>>
>>"UnionDatacom" wrote:
>>

>>>We are a rapidly growing service provider. We’ve used a variety of billing
>>>programs, but nothing we’ve tried so far seems to offer the monthly
>>>reoccurring billing we need for our clients, and the ability to keep up with
>>>Inventory. We do T1s, and almost every customer we have ends up with a
>>>router, and a number of VoIP Phones. We have to keep up with a large number
>>>of hardware items, most with a unique MAC address and serial number for
>>>warranty and provisioning. GP seems to be able to handle our inventory
>>>requirements, but can it generate monthly invoices for services, and keep up
>>>with contracts similar to the way the MS CRM does?
0
pvittori (1)
1/9/2006 6:09:50 PM
Hi Pablo, that sounds like a pretty big implementation.  Who was or is your
VAR?

"Pablo Vittori" wrote:

> I was a former CIO in a Telecommunications firm in Argentina (MILLICOM)
> we implement GP 7.0 in 2003 and works fine to manage over 7000
> customers/contracts.
> We integrate our intranet with GP trough Integration Manager.
>

> Jack escribió:
> > UnionDatacom - Where are you based out of?
> >
> > "Darren" wrote:
> >

> >>Great Plains as a platform or foundation is great for ISPs.  I'm sure you can
> >>get references from many ISP businesses that use GP.  We are an ISV and we
> >>offer many enhancements only for GP and we also have a billing solution built
> >>specifically for an ISP.  I would contact a VAR and learn more about GP
> >>first.
> >>
> >>Darren

0
Darren (170)

How to find the right MLM business online that succeeds for you
U can 2 Hi there, Building a MLM business can have it's advantages * Lifetime Residual income * Financial Security * Spend more time with your kids * Travel * Get out of debt * Drive a new car * Purchase a vacation home * Pay off your mortgage But to be successful, you must choose the right company. * Choose a company that is at least 3 years old. * Choose a company that has a product or service everybody can use. * Choose a company with a easy to understand compensation plan. * Choose a company that has a low monthly fee, where most everybody can join. * Choose a company that ...

Dynamics GP windows freeze for certain users
V10, SP3, I have a couple of users and seem to freeze up in Dynamics on 2 windows in Dynamics: 1. manufactuirng MRP workbench 2. Manufacturing BOM View Most users have no issues but 3 users do. We are using 2 terminal servers Seems to be random when it happens, for example user1 froze over and over on the workbench yesterday, but today user 1 has no issues... thanks! -- Doug ...

FRx Dynamics Login window when drilling down to GP detail
Is there any way to bypass the Dynamics login window when drilling down to GP detail from FRx Viewer? No. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Elaine" wrote: > Is there any way to bypass the Dynamics login window when drilling down to GP > detail from FRx Viewer? ...

Set specific right margin in Outlook 2007 e-mail
I would like to draft e-mails that fit into a fixed 80 character (or some other number of fixed characters or fixed size in inches) column field. I use the "Normal" style and try and move the margin indicator in the "ruler" that appears at the top but whenever I move it to the left, it bounces right back to the maximum width of the screen. Is there some way of setting fixed margins in an e-mail? Thanks for any ideas. Doug Walker You can try to create a new email.dotm (?), edit it to your = specifications, and then make that the default for new mail. --=81 Milly...

GP 9.0.270
We just upgraded from 8.0 to 9.0. We decided to scrap TWO and a test company before the upgrade. Now after the upgrade we are trying to create TWO and a test company, and GP is creating the databases fine but it is not creating an entry in the SY01500 table under Dynamics database. Let us know if someone else is having the same issue. Thanks ...

SQL SP4 and GP 8.0 SP 2 for Latin American
Hi, Does anyone knows if can I install lastest SP released to SQL (SP4) using GP 8.0 with SP2 installed? I have a customer who needs to do this and I need all possible information about. Thanks a lot.. -- Evelin. Hi Ana, I guess you can . We tested SP4 on out test GP 7.5 and v8 did not see any issues till now.We have enterprise SQL server 2000 SP4 , windows 2003 enterprise edt. Planning to apply the SP4 on live soon. Cheers R "Ana Evelin Rosa" wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone knows if can I install lastest SP released to SQL (SP4) using GP > 8.0 with SP2 insta...

logo printing from gp
Hi, Is there a way to print the company logo for multiple companies on a single (report writer) report? eg. printing an invoice from company A will print the logo for company A, while printing the same invoice for company B will print the logo for company B. This refers specifically to RM invoices and not SOP (where its possible to do this with the different forms). Also, I am aware that this may be possible from Crystal and even using multiple reports dictionaries - but was just wondering if there is a simple way to get this out of GP and one reports.dic? Ritesh Maharaj Hi Rites...

Right click mouse in CButton
Hi, I need to implement Right click mouse for simple CButton in CDialog. I Worte subclass to CButton and I implemented OnRButtonDown() , OnRButtonUp() functions . In the OnRButtonUp() I notify the parent dialog about this event and it works fine. The problem is how to change the button view (like usuall left mouse click) when the mouse right button pressed (down) and return it back when realeased (up) ?. VC++ 6.0 Thanks --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.717 / Virus Database: 473 - Release Date: 09/07/2004 ...

can i add roles to pos rights
I would like to create an additional role to the predefined roles. I need to lockdown cashiers more than the cashier role that is defined. I want ensure that cashiers can not perform, voids, z reports, returns, customer add and updates. You can do all these already. - in cashier profile you set the limitation on Z and voids [ force reversal of items ] - set reason codes and make them mandatory - based on the security level in POS using security allow certain options like add customer, update customer to be only available for users above a ceratin security level - for returns ma...

Excel 2003
How do I change the left and right margins of footers (Excel 03)? Excel seems to only allow distance from bottom of page as a margin, so I now have footer margins that do not match my main body left and right margins. I can find no info on this in MS's help files. Thanks, Laura Laura The left and right header/footer margins are fixed and cannot be moved outwards. The fixed setting is usually about 3/4" in from edge of paper. You can move them inwards by padding with spaces when creating a Custom footer/header, but not outwards. All versions of Excel has this default. Gord...

left/right scrolling with mouse wheel
Here's the problem side scrolling is not workign right. 1. split a spreadsheet vertically so you have left and right sides. 2. Pick a cell on the right side and using your mouse wheel side scroll. When my user does this the left split side scrolls, not the right one where he selected. I have used Detect and Repair to set Excel back to default settings with no luck. I have uninstalled and re-installed the Intellipoint 6.2 software for the mouse. I have tried 2 MS wireless mice. Any ideas? Ken If you freeze the left pane then the idea is that it is frozen for horizontal scro...

Payables Integration
I set up an Payables Integration for the Document Date i have it using a Source field. When the integration ran - it was the user date...is this a bug in GP 10 Hi Andrea, There is a Service Pack 1 which has been recently released for Integration Manager GP10.0 It mentions a fix for dates regarding the date formats setting relating to Windows Regional settings. Depending on where you are this may be the cause Regards Geoff James "Andrea Smiley" wrote: > I set up an Payables Integration for the Document Date i have it using a > Source field. When the integration ran -...

How to grand domain admin user right to Access all mailbox in exchange2003 ?
Thx http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262054/ "BigBIg" <faitai@netvigator.com> wrote in message news:%23MOwvU81GHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Thx > > thx so much ~ "IvKo" <dummy@msnews.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D :u2mqC#81GHA.4176@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262054/ > > > "BigBIg" <faitai@netvigator.com> wrote in message > news:%23MOwvU81GHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > > Thx > > > > > > ...

data level security in GP
Hello everyone, how can we apply data level security per user, i.e a certain can only be allowed to see a certain customres, vendors, items etc etc. i know that GL accounts can be restricted per user using the organizational structure but how to secure other data ? any help will be really helpful. Regards Ashfaq Look at Field Level Security and Field Level Scripting, both from Great Plains. "Ashfaq Ali" <ashfaq@cyberdude.com> wrote in message news:ej3C9ucFFHA.3972@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > how can we apply data level security per user, i.e a...

boosting connectivity on GP workstations
Hello: How do you boost connectivity and the speed of connectivity on GP workstations? I know how to change performance settings on a GP SQL box, but I do not have much info in terms of checking performance on a workstation. childofthe1980s Have you set the server to be what MS recommends for your environment? You may know how but it's a big part of the equation. For example, if your server is using a single hard drive and is running 2 GB of RAM, there's not much you can do at the workstation level. Have you met the maximum settings for memory for the workstations? Are th...

Thoughts on Converting from Quickbooks to GP
Can anyone recommend a good vendor that can convert my Quickbooks db to GP? As an alternative, is there any good documentation on using Integration Manager to do this? Thanks We are availble for migrations You can contact me at the below e-mail address Thank you Michael Bloom www.journeyteam.com michael.bloom@journeyteam.com "circulent" <circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D5F3B66-119F-456F-AE28-0850D435664F@microsoft.com... > Can anyone recommend a good vendor that can convert my Quickbooks db to > GP? > > As an alternative, is th...

GP 2010
Hi, I need help with editing "Comments" field which is under blue arrow on invoice line. After posting invoice this field (as others) becomes grey - non editable. Any ideas how to change its value ??? ...

MS CRM Connector and MS GP version
Do you know if the integration through MS CRM Connectors in CRM works with MS Dynamics GP 10.0? For example, if we implement MS CRM 3.0 and MS Dynamics GP 10.0, will we be able to integrate with the current version of MS CRM Connector? The documentation on CustomerSource only indicates integration with MS GP 8.0 and 9.0, but that maybe just because the documentation is not updated? -- cal Hi Cal, Unfortunately the connector is not compatible with Dynamics GP 10. Your best bet is to use Microsoft BizTalk to build out the connection or keep your fingers crossed that CRM 4.0, coming ...

Exchange 2000 Mailbox Rights
I am running Exchange 2000 in a Windows 2000 AD environment. I have two mailboxes, one of which (mailbox A) has been granted full mailbox rights into the other (mailbox B). The problem is that when the user of Mailbox A tries to forward a message from Mailbox B (and have it come from Mailbox B), he gets a message stating he does not have sufficient permissions. I do not want to use 'Send on behalf of' because they want the fact that a different person is sending the mail to be completely transparent. Any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks in advance! Rusty Make sure mailbo...

Is there a way to log off users without logging into GP?
I am brand spanking new to GP. We are starting to have a problem with users staying logged in for long periods of time. We only have a 5 user liscense and when thoses are used I can't log in to kick people off so others can log in. I was also wondering how to check to see who is logged into GP without logging in myself. You can look in the ACTIVITY table in the DYNAMICS database to see who is logged in. If you delete a user from this table they will be removed from the current users list and thus free up a user. PLEASE NOTE: I didn't say this will log a user out, it simply...

GP Query
We have invoices in GP and we image a signed Delivery Ticket and store the image as a .PDF out on our network. The scanned image has the same name as the GP invoice #. For example our invoice number might be INV010001 and we will have an image named INV010001.pdf. Is it possible to create a smartlist that will show me the Invoices in GP that do not have a scanned PDF image? Thanks, -- Craig While the invoices are stored in a db, the pdf's or a list of them is not. You cannot match a db list to a system folder, you can only match a db table to a db table. Why don't you a...

How do I import copy of accounts to new company in GP version 8.0
Using MS SQL 2000 and Great Plains 8.0, how do I copy the chart of accounts from an existing company to a new company? I see TechKnowledges for other GP versions, but not for 8.0. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ...

GP 9.0 Home Veiw
Hello; I have one computer that the home page in GP is missing the graphics. IE The top title bar with the date and customize this page, To Do Bar, My Reports Bar, etc etc. The home page has all the text that is soppost to be there ie. add report, tasks, etc. Every thing worked fine for the user on friday, but not today. Plus if the user logs onto another PC, the home page is OK. There is no errors. Any Ideas? Thanks Blaine Try a reboot of that computer and try running GP again. Still if the problem exists, can you actually see the Customize this page.... on the right side of the ...

Right click creates multiple menus
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I am using Office X for the mac. So you know how you can right click the mouse to get to some commands. On an Excel, it comes up as insert, cut, paste, help, etc. When I right click, it activates something and the menu will start repeating. Like insert, cut, paste, help, insert, cut, paste, help. Every time I right click it creates another duplicate menu. This happens on all my office applications. I can reset everything by deleting the toolbar preferences; unfortunately, the problem keeps coming back. Any help would be appreciated. PS ...

Adding code right after the "Save As" dialog box
I have created an excel application whose footer has -apart from other things- the full path and file name where the excel workbook resides. I would like this information (fullpath + file name) to be reflected in the footer when my user clicks on “Save as”. How can I invoke an event and make decisions –change the footer- based upon what my user has entered in Save As? The ThisWorkbook module has a BeforeSave event for ThisWorkbook where you should be able to do that in. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...