Is batch ID is required in payables transaction entry form?

Is batch ID is required in payables transaction entry form? How about if I
just have 1 invoice and do not want to create a batch for it? can I still
process the invoice?
0
BAB (57)

Hi Bab,
A batch i.d. number is not required.  You have to post your invoice both in
the Payables module and also in the Financial module.  I check weekly for any
"series batches" that have not been posted in my A/P, A/R, P/R, and Financial
modules.  If they go unposted it can create havoc.  I hope this has been
helpful to you.
--
Diana

"Bab" wrote:

> Is batch ID is required in payables transaction entry form? How about if I
> just have 1 invoice and do not want to create a batch for it? can I still
> process the invoice?
0
Diana (52)
3/28/2007 5:22:00 PM
Bab and Diana,

A batch ID may be required depending on the posting settings for a
particular transaction (set in Tools > Setup > Posting > Posting).  If Allow
Transaction Posting is unchecked, then you cannot post a single transaction
without a batch.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Diana" <Diana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Bab,
> A batch i.d. number is not required.  You have to post your invoice both
> in
> the Payables module and also in the Financial module.  I check weekly for
> any
> "series batches" that have not been posted in my A/P, A/R, P/R, and
> Financial
> modules.  If they go unposted it can create havoc.  I hope this has been
> helpful to you.
> --
> Diana
>

> "Bab" wrote:
>
>> Is batch ID is required in payables transaction entry form? How about if
>> just have 1 invoice and do not want to create a batch for it? can I still
>> process the invoice?

0
victoria (3340)

Counting current form
I have a problem I would like solving ,but a I am not sure where to start. I have 20 rows and 40 columns of three definite results. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12............40 John J j K j m M m M k K J J Martin k K K j M K J j J k K K Peter J j J k K K k K K j M K I would like to count the highest consecutive run of K or k and the highest consecutive run of J or j. I tried the CountIf function but as I said I do not where to start. Thanks Assuming the codes are in the same row =MAX(MMULT(--(A5:K5=A13),(TRANSPOSE(ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&COUNT(--(A5:K5=A13)))) )>=ROW(INDIR...

Using the combo box from the forms toobar
When using the combo box from the forms toolbar I get text that is a specified size. I can increase the size of the drop down arrow and box but I can't change the text size. How do I change the text size? Hi R, > When using the combo box from the forms toolbar I get text that is a specified size. I can increase the size of the drop down arrow and box but I can't change the text size. How do I change the text size? You can't. The combo box from the forms toolbar is a fixed font. If you need a different font, you'll have to use the combobox from the control toolbox. Re...

Retryable VSS error. ID 30112 Details: Unknown error (0x800423f3)(ox800423F3)
I consistently get this error trying to backup a single Virtual Server 2005 R2 VM, while other guests on the same host work fine. The problem started when I shut down the VM, compressed the partitions on each of the two VHD files comprising the machine, and then copied the partitions into new VHD files that replaced the original VHD files. After a good deal of experimentation, I am sure the root of the problem is moving the partitions into new VHD files. VS2K5 runs the VM just fine, but DPM 2007 consistently chokes. I'm thinking DPM is storing some identity information ab...

Vendor Notes Window in Payables Management
We would like a Notes Window for Payable Management Vendors like the one available for Collections Management Main Window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9...

Split Transaction Annoyance
I *think* this is new in MSM2006, but am not sure. When entering a split transaction, once the split categories and amounts are entered, you click "Done" if it all adds up to the total amount of the transaction. No problem. If the splits don't add up, you're given popup choices to fix it. Fine. So, by opting for "Done," you've told Money you're finished with entering the split information and that it's correct. This takes you back to the main transaction page, which now has "Accept" bolded for action. However, if you press "Acc...

remove filter on a form when closing
Hi All, I have form "frmRecipes" that can be called from two different places: from a button on a form named "frmUserRecipes" and from a button on the main switchboard. From "frmUserRecipes" I use this code to take me to a specific record: DoCmd.OpenForm "frmRecipes", acNormal, , "FoodCode=Forms!frmUserRecipes!OLDRNUM" This works fine. If I use the button on the switchboard I get prompted for "Forms!frmUserRecipes!OLDRNUM" when "frmRecipes" opens. I need it to open on the first record in this instance - no filter. I...

Prompted to Register When Downloading Transactions
I recenlty upgraded my laptop with a larger hard drive. I reinstalled Money 2001 onto my new hard drive. (I haven't upgraded because it suits my needs just fine!) Now whenever I go to download transactions from my bank account online, I get a prompt reminding me to register Money. Apparently, registration is required to access online features. If I try to "re-register" by filling in the info and clicking Submit, I get an error saying the server cannot be contacted. I assume this may be because the software is older and no longer supported by Microsoft. But, is there any w...

Forms Help
I have a form, the form has an ID that goes through many test/parameters. All the test/parameters associated with the ID remains on a sub form for viewing. I would like to develop a series (a-z) for each ID,were repeating information for the id is carried throughout all ID's and the one test paramter that differed, thus changing the Series Letter will be changed. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks LA -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:04:05 GMT, "misschanda via AccessMonster.com" <u36612@uwe> wrote: >I have a form, the for...

DiscoverCard (DC) skips transactions
I see several different sounding DC problems so I am starting this one for my specific problem: Mny03 Dlx - DC Update skips transactions. My theory is that it is a DC problem related to out of date sequence transactions. By this I mean a post dated transaction, eg a new transaction with a date older than current transactions. The CD site does not support manual download of .qif files so one must manually add the missing transactions. I think this is a new problem. arthur I have the same problem. It started about April 20th and since May 7th it didn't import a single transacti...

Adding Array Fields on forms
How to use Modifier to add an array fields of 3 elements on a form? thks in advance. Hi HFLO, Open modifier and select gp or 3rd party and then select exisiting modified form or select new form and then open window layout. From the Toolbox slect local fields in drop-down and press the new button and then enter field name and enter the array size for e.g. 3 and then select the datatype string or text and press OK button. Toolbox will show the newly created the array field, select that arrayfield and drag and dropped onto the layout 3 times. Hence ur array field would be there on ur for...

How to send form data to tables programatically
Is there a way to programatically have a form update to the underlying tables? What I mean is... As a user types into a form, Access doesn't seem to actually send that data to the table (and thereby create autonumbers) until user moves on to another record. Is there a way to force that data to the tables (ie make the new records) while the user is still on the form? On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:33:02 -0800, markmarko <markmarko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to programatically have a form update to the underlying tables? > >What I mean is... As a user ...

Move downloaded transactions to another account?
For some reason, the downloaded transactions for one account have appeared in another account. I don't see any way to move these to the correct account. Is this possible to do in Money 2008? in 2007 right click on the transaction and copy and paste to different account, not sure about 08. "Noozer" <dont.spam@me.here> wrote in message news:%23JYlJMq3HHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > For some reason, the downloaded transactions for one account have appeared > in another account. I don't see any way to move these to the correct > account. > > I...

Filter Form Records button
I'm working with a form that displays all records, but has a filter button to show only a certain year, or all (*). Once prompted for the year in the messagebox, hitting cancel returns me to the form but with NO records showing. How can I hit cancel and have it go back to the form, displaying whatever records it was before hitting the filter button? Here's my current button code: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Private Sub btnFindStyle_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnFindStyle_Click Dim msg, Style, Title, myResponse msg = "Enter Year...

FindRecord2K works perfectly, how to display results in my form??
I downloaded the findrecord2k search form. I would like to add a command button that takes those results that are generated from the query and displays them in my form. There are several command buttons available, would it be easier to modify an event to include displaying the search results in my form instead of the unbound control? ...

Mfg Module is dropping a part from BOM during MO Trans Entry
After Confirming that an item is on the BOM, I created an MO. I looked at the Picklist & it was there, but when I went to MO Trans Entry to Allocate the material, it was no longer there. ???????????????? Check if the item is marked for backflush. If it is then it won't appear on the component transaction entry window unless you select "Include backflushed item". "Lora" wrote: > After Confirming that an item is on the BOM, I created an MO. I looked at > the Picklist & it was there, but when I went to MO Trans Entry to Allocate > the material,...

Page jumps forward when clicking on the background of a form docum
I've created a form with input fields, and dropdowns. After I fill out an input field, if I click outside of the field on the background of the document, word jumps forward in the document. This varies from 3 full pages, to only a few lines. Does anyone know why this would be happening? Thanks. It's working as designed. The effect of protecting a form is that the cursor cannot be placed anywhere outside the form fields. If you click in a protected area, Word moves the cursor to the *next* form field, no matter how far away that might be. Although it's improbabl...

"confirming" is mis-spelled on P.O. form. It has "confriming.
This mis-spelling drives me crazy! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b7332199-1e71-4278-b5b6-7248d2ba61b7&dg=microsoft.public.pos Hi Steve, my PO template...

Excel Form "Component Not Registered"
I am using several excel spreadsheet that are working on many other machines but they all of a sudden started giving me a "component not registered" error. I don't know of any changes to my workstation environment. In order to debug, I stripped down the excel spreadsheet to the bare minimum. I noticed that when all the forms were removed from the spreadsheet that the problem disapeared. I removed everything in the spreadsheet except for one form and a Workbook_Open() procedure. No problem occurs if I have an empty procedure but as soon as I even put a comment in th...

Create form that can't be chg'd but info can be copied/pasted?
I've created a template & protected cells but I want to move data around, can I link info, or create form that the data lays on top of, etc. ...

Returns Mgmt Do Not Require Invoice Item Number for RMA Types.
Do not require invoice item number (or at least make it clear it is required on the screen). We want to enable zero dollar invoices for even exchanges, but don't want to create a bunch of zero dollar invoices for nothing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

How do you create a selection box for data entry within excel
I am trying to setup an excel form for data entry and I'd like to have the entry clerk select from a list of items for one of the columns. For example - THe column name is Status - I'd like them to be able to select Single, Married, Divorced, Separate. How can I setup the spreadsheet to accept this type of data entry? 1) First type Single, Married, Divorced, Separate in any range where you entry clerk can not modify it, say M1:M4. 2) Select the Status column 3) Tools > Data > Validation 4) Setting: Allow - "list", Source - "M1:M4", Check "Ignore bl...

Invisible Downloaded Transactions
Recently, I downloaded my banking transactions as usual, but when I clicked "Transaction to View: 13" nothing showed up. This happened to two banking accounts that had been happily working for months. I tried upgrading to MSM 2004 so I could use the File Repair more easily, but that didn't work either. Unviewable transactions continue to add up with the exception of my Collateral Mortgage account: when I do downloads to *it*, the system crashes and sends an error report. I've got tons of expense data in my bank account files that I don't want to trash, and ente...

Transactions made with cash...
How can I enter transactions made with cold, hard, cash into my budget, so I can keep track of this kind of spending. Do I have to purchase everything with checks or credit cards for this to work? Help! Create an account called 'Cash'. Fund it with transfers from your bank, atm, whatever. Record expense transactions just like any other account transaction. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL "Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:087e01c49863$f344c090$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can I enter transactions made with cold, hard, cash >...

Excel sheet (OLE object) sometimes open on the form sometimes in E
Hello there, I have an Excel sheet (OLE object in the table) on a form , I have setup the Property in "Auto Activate" as Double-Click , so when I double click the object the sheet open. But sometime the object appears on the form as an Excel Icon - then when I double click it open in Excel - that is what I want. But sometime it appears as a table of data and when I double click it open on the form - I want to avoid that and instead always have the sheet open in excel. Any idea? Many many thanks, Dan Hi Dan, By default, you can directly double click the OLE Ob...

batch conversion of URL text to hyperlink
I have about 2000 urls in a spreadsheet that are recorded as text. If I copy the text to the hyperlink address field the text in the cell becomes an clickable URL. How do I do this for all 2000 in one wave of the magic wand? Thanks, Chris I would use a formula in an adjacent column: Something like: =hyperlink(a1,"Click Me") or =hyperlink("http://" & a1, "Click Me") spacia wrote: > > I have about 2000 urls in a spreadsheet that are recorded as text. If > I copy the text to the hyperlink address field the text in the cell > becomes an clickab...