ipconfig error: unable to query host name

I am working through a router with one main computer, a wireless laptop, and
a second desktop computer. When everything is plugged in, the second desktop
computer (which runs Windows XP Home Edition) shows it is connected to the
Internet, but when running a browser (in this case Internet Explorer) I get
the "The page cannot be displayed" error.

I've tried to run an "ipconfig" through the command prompt and I get this
error:
Windows IP Configuration

An internal error occurred: the request is not supported.

Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.

Additional information: Unable to query host name.

I followed the instructions in this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918557/en-us?sd=gn
However, the computer name is there and was already in the places it says to
check in "regedit". They gave no further information.

Any help on how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
0
avat (1)

Please note that GP in this forum refers to Dynamics GP (Great Plains) and
not to Group Policies or General Pointers......you can best be served by
posting this to a different forum..

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"avat" wrote:

> I am working through a router with one main computer, a wireless laptop, and
> a second desktop computer. When everything is plugged in, the second desktop
> computer (which runs Windows XP Home Edition) shows it is connected to the
> Internet, but when running a browser (in this case Internet Explorer) I get
> the "The page cannot be displayed" error.
>
> I've tried to run an "ipconfig" through the command prompt and I get this
> error:
> Windows IP Configuration
>
> An internal error occurred: the request is not supported.
>
> Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.
>
> Additional information: Unable to query host name.
>
> I followed the instructions in this article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918557/en-us?sd=gn
> However, the computer name is there and was already in the places it says to
> check in "regedit". They gave no further information.
>
> Any help on how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
0
info4071 (3005)

Web query timeout setting.

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Error in Outlook Today

Renaming Partial File Names

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

Shortcut for inserting names?
Hi, I am building many formulas, each with many named cells as part of it. Currently I have to go to Insert | Name | Paste with the mouse each time I want to insert a name. I looked in Walkenbach's Excel Bible but couldn't find any mention of a keyboard shortcut or other shortcut. Is there one I could take advantage of? I've got Excel 2002. Thanks, Jamie ...

error 553

80070005 error #2

If a worksheet name is = to test then a msgbox appears
I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. For example, if the name of a sheet in a workbook is equal to test then display msgbox saying sheet already exists. Thanks Vick dim ws as worksheet set ws = nothing on error resume next set ws = worksheets("test") on error goto 0 if ws is nothing then msgbox "doesn't exist" else msgbox "already exists" end if Vick wrote: > > I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. > > For example, if the name of a sheet in a w...

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?

CRM Error

smtp authentification errors
Hello, I just installed Exchange 2003. It all works fine. I=B4m now=20 retrieving the emails via pop-con and pop3. However I=20 cannot send any authenticicated emails, because the=20 exchange server sends a wrong authentification account to=20 the mail provider, despite the fact, that the right one to=20 be used is enterd. The mail provider tells me that he recives a smtp call,=20 but it=B4s aborted by his server. We do not have a static IP but a dynamic IP, that changes=20 every 24 hours. If a messages is sent to an existing hotmail account the=20 following error message is displayed in the ...

#error in the calculated field
Hello, I locked the data entered for some users, because their role is just to input the date of invoice for approval by Prj.Manager. My qeustion is, is it the reason we see the "# error" in the VAT checking field??. I tried to ck formula in the qrid query, nothing wrong Thanks for your explanation -- H. Frank Situmorang On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:33:01 -0800, Frank Situmorang <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I locked the data entered for some users, because their role is just to >input the date of invoice for approval by Prj.Manager. > >My q...

Error when changing average perpetual
I Have the following error in Microsoft Dynamics GP on the screen of average perpetual "Message #10577 Missing" somebody knows about this??? Thankļæ½s. Gabriela Martinez. ...

changing the application name
hi, i have developed a project and after completion of that project there is need to change that applicatin name. I will explained clearly i have created a document./view project , which named has "aaaa" afte completion the project, by running that application, there is a frame which has title "aaaa" Now there is need to change that title to "bbbbb" how can we do that? i am using VC++.net plz let me know how to do that by, koti "Koti" <koti@nannacomputers.com> wrote in message news:OqHUbvNQFHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >...

Query involving Strings : How To Return Matching Data From Both Ta
Good afternoon, I have tried my best on this but am unable to figure it out. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Scenario: Table A contains only one column titled [District]. Let's assume that there are three rows here: 1) Bay Area Rapid Transit 2) San Diego Zoo 3) San Mateo Table B contains other data with these fields: [GeoCode] , [CountOfHourlyEmployees], [CountOfSalaryEmployees]. Let's assume that there are three rows here: 1) West Coast | CA | Bay Area Rapid Transit , 154, 205 2) CA | Southern | Bay Area Rapid Transit , 105, 206 3) Southw...

Connectning Outlook to MSN mail account (server names)
I need help trying to connect my outlook to my free MSN mail account. Please help, I need the server names to figure this out or a step by step guide to set this up. I have Microsoft Outlook 2000 Hi Steve please read this here http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English%20Help.htm#19 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Steve" <aefwolf@msn.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0c9d01c46e8c$73b6c090$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need help trying to connect my outlook ...