Invoicing Services in GP 8.0

We have a need to invoice field services.  We have items set up corresponding
to our technicians with the appropriate rates.  In our previous accounting
application, we could open a line item note window and free-type notes
specific to that customer's issue and resolution.

GP has line item notes, but they are not unique to the order.  I need to be
able to change these line item notes (many, many times this is several
hundred characters of text) with each new sales order and possibly multiple
services with multiple notes on one order.  We have found references to "line
item comments" but it appears as though those are really referring to these
line item notes.

Any ideas?  I'd like to possibly hear how another service company invoices
time.

Thanks!

Lisa
0
LisaD (16)

Lisa,

What GP module are you using for invoicing?

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

"Lisa D." <LisaD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
[...]

victoria (3340)
1/13/2005 8:06:55 PM
Victoria,

We are using Sales Order Processing.

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Lisa,
>
> What GP module are you using for invoicing?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>

> "Lisa D." <LisaD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a need to invoice field services.  We have items set up
> corresponding
> to our technicians with the appropriate rates.  In our previous accounting
> application, we could open a line item note window and free-type notes
> specific to that customer's issue and resolution.
>
> GP has line item notes, but they are not unique to the order.  I need to be
> able to change these line item notes (many, many times this is several
> hundred characters of text) with each new sales order and possibly multiple
> services with multiple notes on one order.  We have found references to
> "line
> item comments" but it appears as though those are really referring to these
> line item notes.
>
> Any ideas?  I'd like to possibly hear how another service company invoices
> time.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Lisa

0
LisaD (16)
1/13/2005 8:13:01 PM
Lisa,
You should consider buying the Extender/SmartList builder bundle from eone
solutions - www.eonesolutions.com.au
Great product, fairly low cost and you can attach notes - detailed
transaction type notes to any window you like - transaction windows, Master
records etc.

Good luck
HS

"Lisa D." <LisaD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a need to invoice field services.  We have items set up
> corresponding
> to our technicians with the appropriate rates.  In our previous accounting
> application, we could open a line item note window and free-type notes
> specific to that customer's issue and resolution.
>
> GP has line item notes, but they are not unique to the order.  I need to
> be
> able to change these line item notes (many, many times this is several
> hundred characters of text) with each new sales order and possibly
> multiple
> services with multiple notes on one order.  We have found references to
> "line
> item comments" but it appears as though those are really referring to
> these
> line item notes.
>
> Any ideas?  I'd like to possibly hear how another service company invoices
> time.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Lisa

0
HSalim (1270)
1/13/2005 10:02:17 PM
Thanks for your advice HS!  Always appreciated.  We'll look into it!

Lisa

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> Lisa,
> You should consider buying the Extender/SmartList builder bundle from eone
> solutions - www.eonesolutions.com.au
> Great product, fairly low cost and you can attach notes - detailed
> transaction type notes to any window you like - transaction windows, Master
> records etc.
>
> Good luck
> HS
>
> "Lisa D." <LisaD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have a need to invoice field services.  We have items set up
> > corresponding
> > to our technicians with the appropriate rates.  In our previous accounting
> > application, we could open a line item note window and free-type notes
> > specific to that customer's issue and resolution.
> >
> > GP has line item notes, but they are not unique to the order.  I need to
> > be
> > able to change these line item notes (many, many times this is several
> > hundred characters of text) with each new sales order and possibly
> > multiple
> > services with multiple notes on one order.  We have found references to
> > "line
> > item comments" but it appears as though those are really referring to
> > these
> > line item notes.
> >
> > Any ideas?  I'd like to possibly hear how another service company invoices
> > time.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Lisa

0
LisaD (16)
1/13/2005 10:07:02 PM
Lisa,

The line item notes you can add to each line in SOP can be unique to each
order if you want them to be.  Simply don't enter a comment ID, and instead
click on the arrow next to it (in GP 8.0).  You can free-type up to about
490 characters (again, in GP 8.0).

Hope that helps.

--

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Lisa,
>
> What GP module are you using for invoicing?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>

> "Lisa D." <LisaD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a need to invoice field services.  We have items set up
> corresponding
> to our technicians with the appropriate rates.  In our previous accounting
> application, we could open a line item note window and free-type notes
> specific to that customer's issue and resolution.
>
> GP has line item notes, but they are not unique to the order.  I need to
> be
> able to change these line item notes (many, many times this is several
> hundred characters of text) with each new sales order and possibly
> multiple
> services with multiple notes on one order.  We have found references to
> "line
> item comments" but it appears as though those are really referring to
> these
> line item notes.
>
> Any ideas?  I'd like to possibly hear how another service company invoices
> time.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Lisa

0
victoria (3340)
1/13/2005 10:12:48 PM
Victoria,

I must have looked past that arrow a million times.  Thank you, thank you,
thank you!  I'm as blind as a bat, I swear!  :)

Lisa

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Lisa,
>
> The line item notes you can add to each line in SOP can be unique to each
> order if you want them to be.  Simply don't enter a comment ID, and instead
> click on the arrow next to it (in GP 8.0).  You can free-type up to about
> 490 characters (again, in GP 8.0).
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>

> "Lisa D." <LisaD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Victoria,
>
> We are using Sales Order Processing.
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Lisa,
> >
> > What GP module are you using for invoicing?
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
> >

> > "Lisa D." <LisaD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have a need to invoice field services.  We have items set up
> > corresponding
> > to our technicians with the appropriate rates.  In our previous accounting
> > application, we could open a line item note window and free-type notes
> > specific to that customer's issue and resolution.
> >
> > GP has line item notes, but they are not unique to the order.  I need to
> > be
> > able to change these line item notes (many, many times this is several
> > hundred characters of text) with each new sales order and possibly
> > multiple
> > services with multiple notes on one order.  We have found references to
> > "line
> > item comments" but it appears as though those are really referring to
> > these
> > line item notes.
> >
> > Any ideas?  I'd like to possibly hear how another service company invoices
> > time.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Lisa

0
LisaD (16)

Service Unavailable 09-23-04
The CRM system has suddenly stopped working. All I get is a message "System Unavailable" The relevent services are running under a user "crmadmin" which is an administrator. The services have all started automatically. Anyone got any ideas? PLEASE -- Leo Leibovici First check to make sure all the CRM services are running in Service Manager. If not, manually start them. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:53:05 -0700, "Leo Leibovici" <LeoLeibovici@discussion...

Invoices Applied to Cash Receipts Report
Is there a report in GP 9.0 that shows the invoices that were applied to a cash receipt? I can find this information in the Receivables Transaction Inquiry by Customer, but I cannot print it out. I have a client that needs to print this information out and give it to their customer. On Jun 8, 4:38 pm, Jocelyn <Joce...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a report in GP 9.0 that shows the invoices that were applied to a > cash receipt? I can find this information in the Receivables Transaction > Inquiry by Customer, but I cannot print it out. I have a client tha...

=?Utf-8?Q?Error_message_=E2=80=9CPortfolio_Manager?= =?Utf-8?Q?_is_already_open=E2=80=9D?=
I use the MSN Money Portfolio Manager. I can access my portfolio on my office laptop at work, as well as at home provided I am connected to work through VPN. I can also access the portfolio from my own computers at home (without being connected to work). However, when I try on the office laptop from home, without being connected to work, I get the following message: “Portfolio Manager is already open in another browser window. You must close that browser window before you can open Portfolio Manager again. If this message continues to appear, restart your computer and try opening Portfo...

Side-by-side installation of Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise
Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise on the same machine is officially supported. I can't speak for M$, but they respond that it does work (although a pain in the butt to reboot when you need to move from one to the other, also since the VEA version is really v2002 understand the VEA version may not read the v2003 files). Al "TomTom" <no_spam@nospamfordiscussion.com> wrote in message news:OZTSpD2ZEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came >...

How to map Payment for Invoice into Income Category
I am a new user to Money 2004 Small Business Edition. I am having problems getting my "payments for invoices" to show up in income categories for my business. I can change the category in my checking account from "Payment for Invoice" to an income category, but that drops the link to the invoice, so that the invoice then shows as unpaid. I also tried to add the "Payment for Invoice" category to the reports showing income, but I can't find the category anywhere. All I need to do is somehow get the "Payment for Invoice" to show up as income on my v...

SMTPSVC Event ID:2012 after applying Service Pack 1
After I applied Service Pack 1 for Exchange 2003, I am now getting multiple warning of "SMTPSVC Event ID: 2012" in my system log. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Can we see the description also? "Sabo, Eric" wrote: > After I applied Service Pack 1 for Exchange 2003, I am now getting multiple > warning of "SMTPSVC Event ID: 2012" in my system log. > > -- > Eric Sabo > NT Administrator -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com The description is the following: SMTP could not connect to the DNS s...

Can't change Enterprise Configuration Recepient Update Service
Guys, I tried to change the Enterprise Configuration RUS from System Manager and I received an error 80004005 server not operational. I ve used ADSIEdit to check for the servername but the CN=SERVER object was not there.Is there anything I can do Our Exchange Enterprise Configuration Recepient Update Service is still pointing to old server, this is making the whole environment very unstable. Your help is most appreciated. Environment: Exchange Server 2003 SP1, Windows Server 2003 -- Buchi ...

gp 10 bp error
Hi, I�m having the following error in Business Portal 10. I get it when trying to create a purchase order for an approved requisition that has non-inventoried items. It works fine with inventoried items. The error is the following: "business portal - requisition management Purchase Order Failure Error in the application. message object reference not set to an instance of an object." any idea on how to resolve this? Thank you Eduardo ...

The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service failed to sta
Several error messages in the System event log as follows: Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7000 Date: 5/12/2004 Time: 3:18:56 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM01 Description: The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service failed to start due to the following error: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Hi Brian I have had same hassle at one of ou...

Web Services Javascript
I've used the code to generate a webservices callout through Javascript from the Stunnware site successfully multiple times and it works great (http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=jswebservice). I am now trying to modify this code to generate for CRM Live. As I understand it, you have to place a piece of code for login credentials. Has anyone given this a try before? Managed to resolve this issue. You have to change the authentication type from a 0 to 1. "@VGroupby1" wrote: > I've used the code to generate a webservices callout through Javascript from ...

Payables Invoice Due Date
I have a bunch of payable invoices that have dues date in the far away future. instead of the user typing 2003, they have put 2030. The voucher has been posted, but becuase the date is in the future, it did not apply and it still shows up on my aged trial balance report even though we have already payed it. I have gone into the tables and changed the due date back to 2003, but this still did not fix the problem. Any ideas? Thanks! Darren, You're saying that you have invoices that are fully applied, so when you look at them in Vendor Inquiry they have an 'Origin' of H...

Data migration strategy from custom MSSQL-based app to CRM 4.0
Hello, We have a client looking to transition to CRM 4.0 from their current home-grown application based on SQL Server 2005. I am curious to get suggestions from the group on how to approach this. Here is one approach I am considering: 1. Create denormalized views in SQL (picklist values included instead of PK/FK keys) 2. Script queries to these views that send query results to a CSV file 3. Create data mappings in DMF to perform mass import 4. Run import with fingers crossed One requirement to note is the client is not looking for a staged migration - everything must be brought over at...

Business invoice operation
Hi Guys I'm using Money Business 2003; just getting into the invoicing thing. Played with it a bit in the past but never actually used it. Made a sale, merchandise went to sales catagory as expected. Delivery fee went to service category as expected. The program figured & entered the sales tax correctly but I can't find what category it assigned the tax to. Anyone know? Thanks Lew Best in Waco, TX I believe you should have a separate Sales Tax liability account that the money goes into. "Lew" <bcl@clearsource.net> wrote in message news:OBsaxPHPEHA.3748@TK2...

Upgrade 7.5 to 9.0 possible issues
Hi! I'm working for clients who have GP 7.5 installed with SQL Server 2000. Few customization is done on it. They want to upgrade to 9.0 version. Could you please tell me if it's easy to perform upgrade or not? Possible issues? Also I haven't found any information about upgrading, please add links if available Thanks in advance. we're also in 7.5 just upgraded our test server with updated data to 9.0. had few bumps because I did some customizations and I knew where the problem occured. in your case, you have to know if the customizations will work on the new environ...

can't launch Dynamics GP with 'sa'
Brand new installation on new server of SQL Server 2005 and Dynamics 9.0. I installed SQL Server 2005, created an ODBC connection using the SQL Native Client driver, then installed Dynamics 9.0. Once installed, I ran GP Utilites and created DYNAMICS database, the sample company, and two other companies. Then I tried to launch Dynamics GP but when logging in as 'sa', I would get login failed message. I logged into SQL 2005 Management Studio with this same 'sa' account and it worked fine. Then I re-launched GP Utilites and logged in as this same 'sa' account and ...

Why doesn't this work with XPath 1.0?
I'm using .Net 2.0. I realize that this means XPath 1.0 (which is ridiculous). So here's a document that I have that's not on disk but held in a variable (I queried an Exchange appointment calendar): <?xml version="1.0"?> <a:multistatus xmlns:b="urn:uuid:c2f41010-65b3-11d1-a29f-00aa00c14882/" xmlns:d="urn:schemas:httpmail:" xmlns:f="urn:schemas:mailheader:" xmlns:c="xml:" xmlns:e="urn:schemas:calendar:" xmlns:a="DAV:"> <a:prop> <a:parentname>http://mail.somewhere.com/davrdir/john.doe...

Service Pak 3 problems
I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4334 running XP Media Center 2002. About a week ago I began having blue screen errors and eventually BSOD. I paid about $400 to retrieve my data, upgrade the hardisk to 360 from 120 and put my data back on the new disk. When I got home I began reinstalling all of my programs. Windows update was doing its thing and then I lost sound on my Realtek High Def....then blue screens began happening. I tried unstalling the (code 39) missing or corrupt Audio drivers and reinstalling, to no avail. It took me about 6 hours of searching the web and I fo...

pmControlNumberValidate returned the ff. DBMS: 0, Great Plains: 21
Whenever we do the edit check procedure on Great Plains Version 8 ---> Transactions--->Purchasing--->Edit Checks we get this error. The stored procedure pmControlNumberValidate returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Great Plains: 21032 Hi If you have access to Customersource, Knowledgebase article 854516 will hopefully solve the error. -- Regards James[MVP] Visit MGP Blog Central http://spaces.msn.com/members/hushdontspamme/ "Jess M." <Jess M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F684AA9-E4DF-4479-8844-2DE24BAF1589@microsoft.com... > ...

How to Update GP Client?
I have updated GP application on one client machine. If i want to update or incorporate new changes to each client machines then what should i do? Each of the client machines need to have the updated application installed. "Nupur" wrote: > I have updated GP application on one client machine. If i want to update or > incorporate new changes to each > client machines then what should i do? "Leslie Vail" wrote: > Each of the client machines need to have the updated application installed. > > "Nupur" wrote: > > > I have updated GP...

CRM 3.0 and SBS 2003 SP1 Hell solved... a bit.
Well I have spent 3 days and it's 3 am now.. but I have a level of success. PROBLEM Basically CRM 3.0 was failing the install step at the SQL reporting service pre install check. WHAT I TRIED that FAILED Well almost everyting, like 25 rollbacks vitrual server setups etc. A. 1. Installing SBS basic 2. Patched to SP 3. Install and patch SQL 2000 4. Manual install of reporting service 5. Patched Reporting service CRM Failed Preinstall check B. 1. SBS Basic 2. Patched SBS to SP1 3. Install SQL 2005 including Reproting service CRM Pre ins...

MS Money for Windows Mobile 5.0
Is there a version of MS Money that will run on Windows Mobile 5.0? If not, will one be available soon? Thanks for any info. See the thread below "Sync Problem with Windows Mobile 5". Apparently, you will only be able to sync with a WM5.0 device when the new version of Money is released (usually Sept each year). In the meantime, if you own a WM5 device, then you can sync with Quicken 2006, but not with Money 2006. Go figure. "Bryan Cox" wrote: > Is there a version of MS Money that will run on Windows Mobile 5.0? If not, > will one be available soon? >...

transferring SOP order to invoice
Hello: You know that usually if there is a PO attached to a Sales Order that, once the PO is received, it shows “fully received” and will allow you to transfer to an invoice. Well, a client is running across a lot of Sales Orders that the PO link still shows “purchased” which usually means they haven’t received an invoice. But, when they use SmartList and look up the PO I am finding that they have indeed received an invoice and it shows a link to the PO. This is not good. They, then, break the link on the SO so that they can transfer to an invoice since Ithey know the expense was rec...

Jet SP 8
I installed SP 8 per the directions at ACC2K3 startup. Rebooted the machine. Opened my MDB, and was presented with the same prompt. Any ideas? pdhpoolplayer1957@yahoo.com (MrPhil) wrote in news:f8e50d0e.0310271305.14977840@posting.google.com: > I installed SP 8 per the directions at ACC2K3 startup. Rebooted the > machine. Opened my MDB, and was presented with the same prompt. > > Any ideas? > Hi, There are two different dialogs relating to blocking expressions that look very similar but have different purposes. Before you install Jet 4.0 SP8, you receive a dialog t...

MTA Error: Access violation (0xc0000005), Faulting application emsmta.exe, version 6.5.7226.0
Hello Folks, I have an issue with MTA on Exchange 20003 Cluster. I ran MTACHECK and it didnt report any error. Here are events explaining the problem' Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeMTA Event Category: Field Engineering Event ID: 9405 Date: 6/20/2005 Time: 2:41:11 PM User: N/A Description: An unexpected error has occurred which may cause the MTA to terminate. Error: Access violation (0xc0000005) at Address 0x4699b5 reading from 0x0. [BASE DISP:ROUTER 14] (16) For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. =========================================...

CRM 3.0 & Integration to GP
We currently have CRM 1.2 integrated with Great Plains. In the CRM 3 information I've seen, I haven't run across anything related to improvements/changes made to the integration piece of the puzzle. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this aspect of the new CRM or has links to information about integration to GP in 3.0. -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com There is nothing out there yet. The beta has not even begun fot the 3.0 integration. More details should be coming out as 3.0 ships....