Invoice - Default Tax computation

We are now using the default tax calculations from GP 9.0 instead of
doing our own tax calculation with each Invoice item that we are
sending in to eConnect.

The problem now is that with the default option I don't see
eConnect/GP performing any tax calculations on our behalf. I would like
to understand how to go about using the default tax option with
eConnect/GP for each Customer / Item.

The under-mentioned is what we are doing at the header level for an
invoice to use the default tax option:

<<
Setting CREATETAXES=1. Setting DEFTAXSCHDS=1 so that it uses the
default tax schedules from the customer and items in GP.

Supplying a valid TAXSCHID field in the header.

Any responses on the same will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
advance,..

Vivek

How do I change the default colours in Excel 2003
Hi How do I change the default set of colours in a spreadsheet (i.e. "workbook") in ms Excel 2003? I tried changing colours in a workbook and then saving as "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\XLSTART\Book.xlt" but it didnt seem to make any difference... Ship Shiperton Henethe I guess I mean how do I change the *collection* (i.e. palete?) of colours Ship I guess I mean how do I change the *collection* (i.e. palete?) of colours Ship Tools>Options>Colors tab>Change HTH -- AP "ship" <shiphen@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de...

Outlook refuses to reinitiate wants Default folders
Using WinXP Pro, IE 7.0 Beta, Office 2000 and Office 2003. Used HP iPAQ and it messed up my Outlook 2000, or was it the Outlook 2003 that did it. Since July I cannot reinstall and get it back. I have tried an uninstall of Outlook via the Control Panel > Add/Remove programs, but there is no Outlook as a separate. So then I did a do not install under Control Panel. No luck thereafter. My System Restore for the earlier date is refused. Can anyone suggest a solution? 2.) Where should I collect up the email files/folders so that I can reinitiate my accounts and the stored emails once I d...

Voiding Posted Invoice Transaction
Dear GP Gurus, I need to void a posted invoice but the system prompts this message: "This transaction didn't originate in Receivables Management. Reversing entries will be made in Receivables Management and General Ledger only. Do you want to continue?" Should I continue and will the distributions accounts and the customer's balances be updated accordingly? If this transaction is an Invoice being transfered from a Sales Order, how do I reverse the Invoiced Quantity of the Sales Order? Would really appreciate any advice given. Thanks. Regards, Illion Thanks. ...

Wrong selling price invoiced to customer
Hello: What is the best way to correct a pricing error on an invoice. The customer has requested they just want the difference credited back to them. Should I tell the user to a) Credit the entire invoice in Sales Trx Entry and remake an invoice with the correct price b) Have AR create a credit memo for the difference or c) Do something else Is there a "preferred" way to do this? I'm running GP9 SP2. Thank you in advance for any assistance. -Joe If you closely track the selling price for statistical analysis/history etc you might take the voiding/reissuing road. Otherw...

How can I look in a sharing folder of another computer?
I have a home network of 4 computers - 2 WinXP, Vista, Win7. The network works normally. I can easily look in a sharing folder of another computer by my Total Commander. But I made a bootable BartPE CD. After booting from the CD I can get online and browse any sites around the world, but I cannot look in a nearby computer folder! Every time I get the following message. "Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use... " How do I fix this problem? Thank you Lev "Levlg" <levlg@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:4ba0b9b4$1@d...

Importing customer class blanks out tax schedule
Hi - I used Integration Manager to update (only) the customer class. This caused those particular customer's to have their tax schedule ID blanked out. I set all fields other than the customer class to "Use Default". I was expecting no change to fields other than the customer class. Is this wrong? Ginny IM simulates a person keying in data. When you key data into the Customer Class field, by default, it copies data from the class into other fields (like tax schedule). You may have also changed some of the account numbers associated with the customer. -- Richard L...

Outlook 2003 Calendar defaults
Prob an easy question but how do I change the default to "no reminder" when entering a new "all day" event? "ElaineT" <ElaineT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D89EBD08-50D8-4DDC-A753-80FBA110C902@microsoft.com... > Prob an easy question but how do I change the default to "no reminder" when > entering a new "all day" event? You can't have different settings for all-day events vs. timed events for whether or not you get a default reminder. You can turn off default reminder for all events on Tools>Option...

NYS tax free week
In NY state there is a "tax-free" week on clothing & footwear. This occurs a few times/yr. How do I put this into the RMS system? Thanks Inventory Wizard has a task to Assign Item Sales tax. Use this to remove the tax assignments for clothing & footwear items at the beginning of the week, and to reset them to normal after the tax-free period ends. I don't believe there is a way to schedule a Tax as you can with a sale.... You can select items in Inventory Wizard by department, category, etc.. so it should be pretty easy to add and remove the tax. -- Glenn Ada...

Moving to new computer
I'm running Money 2008 and recently added a new computer to my home network. I want to run Money on the new computer instead of the older one. My plan is to move the Money database to the new computer, install Money on the new computer using the same installation disk I used before on the older computer and then use the new install to open the moved database on the new computer. I do NOT want to continue running Money on the older computer and will uninstall it when I'm sure everything is OK on the new computer. Should that work OK? Will I still be legally licensed and get Mo...

eConnect GL Tax node #2
In importing GL Transactions with tax entries, a partner of ours is suggesting to have a node for GL Tax Entry. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=694f0130-4c9...

sharing one .pst file on 2 networked computers
what i want to do is have 2 computers on a network share the same outlook.pst file - i have opened the outlook data file on the second computer but it cant be open on both computers at the same time - is there a way to do this. i hope you understand what im trying to do :) thanks MS does not support the use of a pst over a network - it will likely lead to corruption. OL requires exclusive use of the pst. "chris" <someone@here.com> wrote in message news:ex1dau5LFHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > what i want to do is have 2 computers on a network share the same > ...

Show Discount on SOP Invoice or nothing if 0
I am trying to create a calculated field on the bottom of the SOP Blank Invoice to show the discount amount if paid by the due date. I just can't seem to get it to work. It should be easy but I've wasted too much time already. thanks I have not looked at this field when discounts available are not posted to the GL but there is a field in the SOP10100 called Discount Available Amount (DISAVAMT) as well as amounts for Misc and Freight charges. Try these fields or a sum of the 3 in a calculation if they are properly populated. And let me know if this works! -- Richard L. Whale...

Outlook to Domino connector; setting default email account
Hi, I'm using the Outlook to Lotus Domino/Notes connector to access our calendar system and contacts. But I use an IMAP account for receiving and sending mail. The problem is that even though I have set the IMAP account to be the default account, all new mail, (when I choose " New Mail message") is sent via the domino server. If I click the "Accounts" drop down button the first name on the list is Outlook Connector for Domino, but the IMAP account is listed as account number 1, and the Outlook connector for Domino is listed as number 2. Any suggestion swould be...

Purchase Order and Matching Invoices
We've come across two incidents where a closed purchase order has prevented us from matching to an invoice. The first occurred when someone closed the Purchase prior to being invoiced. The second occurred when an Invoice for a PO was voided but now we can't re-invoice to the PO. With the first incident, we were told to just complete a Payables Trx to create the invoice which will not be reflected with the PO. Is this the only way to re-invoice the second situation? I've reviewed KB854990 but it involves deleting PO history and re-entering the PO and Receipt transactions...

How to gernerate invoice numbers in EXCEL?
Have created an Invoice and am trying to generate a continous invoice number every time I type a new name. See this... http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4790979B-FE32-4FED-A7B5-DD15C1B634A7@microsoft.com... > Have created an Invoice and am trying to generate a continous invoice > number > every time I type a new name. hi that can get tricky. see this site. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html regards FSt1 &qu...

tax city/ state
I am trying to set up RMS to tax customers properly both in the store and for orders taken over the phone and shipped out. I currently have my system set up to charge 6.75% tax to all in store and phone orders in my state (state tax - 5% and city tax 1.75%) Is there a way i can set up 4 steps/tiers to tax by? 1. in store sales 6.75% 2. phone order sales within city 6.75% 3. phone order sales within state but out of city 5% 4. phone order sales out of state 0% tax free I already have my system set up so it will tax anyone with a instate shipping address but can break it out between #2 a...

"Private" as Default Calendar Item Setting possible?
I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar entry as "private". Until yet I did not find any solution - anybody who can help me? Thank you! You will need to do this manually - there is no option to mark everything private by default in Outlook 2000. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Gerd asked: | I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar...

Entourage 'Move to' Preferences default to 'my computer'
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I try to keep a handle on all my email by placing it in folders on our Exchange Server. But since upgrading to 2008, I have found that when I try to &quot;move to&quot; my messages default to My computer, where there are archive folders with the same names as the Entourage folders. <br><br>How can I change the preferences so that the emails default to the Exchange folders? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0095_01CAB0F5.803DA480 Conten...

View of Excel form is different on different computers.
A common form being shared on the network displays differently on different computers. We have varying versions of Office with different windows operating systems. The form views fine on the Windows 98 system with Excel 2000. All of the other systems are newer with Windows 2000 or XP using equal or newer versions of Excel. They show the form displayed with all of the columns squeezed together. Is there a way to make the form view the same on all computers regardless of operating system and Excel version? You've partially answered your own question - the more disparity between ...

Default email address when using both exchange & pop3 email
I've tried searching for my answer but I apologise if this question is a duplicate of one I haven't found. Originally Outlook was set up to use Exchange and then several pop3 email accounts were created. I've just added another pop3 account which I would like to be the default account. At home I just go to Tools, Accounts, etc to select the default but at work there is no Accounts option on the Tools menu (only Services, Customise, Options). Please could someone tell me how to set the default email account in this situation. Thanks in advance Helen "Helen Rybus"...

Unable to open your default e-mail folders
Hi all, When I login to a notebook as a local administrator, and I use another user mailbox by outlook is ok. But, when I want to use this mailbox in offline mode. I receive the following message: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened." I use xp + office 2003 in notebook and windows 2000 + exchange 2000 in server. thx a lot Is your mailbox configured for Cached Exchange Mode? If so, the cache file might be damaged. Delete the ost-file and have Outlook resync with Exchange. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlo...

CRM 1.2: Custom Field with hyphen in name averts default value settings
unfortunately we have customized a lookup-field in crm whose name includes a hyphen months ago. Now this seems to be the reason why it is not possible to change the default value of this lookup. Any experiences with special characters in field names? What can I do now? Is there another reason for my problem with the default values? Any hotfixes? It's a pitty that CRM didn't prohibit the usage of the hyphen on creation of the field, but now months later this error is hard to correct! Had a similar problem with Crystal Reports as well, where a special character in the fieldname averts...

new currency and set it default
how can i put new symbol of currency and set it to default? Hi Soe! You can change it with: Start > Control Panel > Regional & Language Options Customize Currency Tab Change the currency. Apply OK (These are for Windows XP but you should be able to "follow your nose" after double clicking on Regional) Usually currencies available are limited to a narrow range based on your country setting but there is nothing to stop you inserting a different one. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifi...

make a .jpg the default background for Outlook messages?
I have Office '03/Windows XP. I have a .jpg image which I would like as the default background for all messages in Outlook without having to insert it each time I create a message. Help accomplishing this would be appreciated. ~ Dan ...

Emailing Invoices
Is there any way to email an invoice created using the Invoice Designer or are we stuck with the badly formatted text only invoices. I was wondering is we could print to file and then email that file or capture it as an image. Any ideas on how to email client suitable invoices? I too have that same problem. I used to use Quicken, which I am quickly regretting that I switched from. At least in Quicken, I could email as a HTML file, which looked quite nice. You could even send it out with a PayPal payment option, and get paid by credit card. What a step backward this Money 2003 was. ...