Inventory Update. Purchase Order

Hi guys.

We are implementing POs to our main product inventory. What I can figure
out, is how the inventory is updated using POs. At the moment, all our
inventory quantities are on order. How can I change these quantities to real
existencies?

Daniel:

You have to perform receiving transactions on the POs.  The receiving
transaction updates inventory (both quantity and value) and creates a
liability for the goods received.

Refer to your GP Help guide as to how to perform these transactions.
It's a bit of a lengthy process to go into here.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
0
fhamelly1 (1404)
7/2/2008 6:04:52 PM
And dont forget to post the receiving transaction.  the actual On Hand
Quantity update and creation of GL entires occurs when the receipt is posted.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> Daniel:
>
> You have to perform receiving transactions on the POs.  The receiving
> transaction updates inventory (both quantity and value) and creates a
> liability for the goods received.
>
> Refer to your GP Help guide as to how to perform these transactions.
> It's a bit of a lengthy process to go into here.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
info4071 (3004)

Too many problems while updating information online
Several of my accounts are unable to update information online using MS Money 2007 Deluxe - ING Direct - Bestbuy Card (HSBC) - MBNA - Bank of America This is frustrating!! Anyone else with the same problems? Just keep trying, eventually it will work. If you're in a bind, download the QIF or OFX files from the institutions web sites -- B of A works better that way anyway :) Paul McKenna <Paul McKenna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Several of my accounts are unable to update information online using MS Money >2007 Deluxe > >- ING Direct >- Bestbuy Card (HSBC...

Windows update site problems
So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new installation of XP Home),is it me or the site,and when will it be sorted out? -- Be happy,Strat4axe "stat4axe" <strat4axe@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:36618CFD-EF82-4F82-A7C3-90CF2DDCCEA5@microsoft.com... > So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message > telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new > installation of XP Home),is it me o...

Updating Boolean Field with onChange
I am having difficulty with setting a value of a new boolean field using the OnChange scripting against a picklist. If anyone has some sample code / formatting information that I can use it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I also need to know if it is possible to stop the default value for the Revenue (isrevenuesystemcalculated) field on the opportunity form being set to "Yes" when the "Convert Lead" function is used. We can set the default value to "No" for user created Opportunities but when Convert Lead is used it seems to ignore the default value. Again, a...

RE: Use that security update
--dedtgpho Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yzkfzsfqtv"; type="multipart/alternative" --yzkfzsfqtv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qeviqcxczwaquy" --qeviqcxczwaquy Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to hel...

Outlook 2003 Folder & Favorite-folder synch/update problems
I've been using Outlook since 1998 and I make my living at software support, so I'm usually hard to stump, but I'm sucking wind on this one. The problems below all started on the remote Outlook copy, so I have to imagine they're connected to the remote setup and OST files. But I've been through the settings and tried to re-synch, cleared the folder store and recreated it, etc., and nothing seems to correct the problems. Can anyone suggest a systematic way to diagnose and fix what's happening? Here's the story: I'm running Outlook 2003 (all current patches: ...

Tab order #5
Pressing tab or enter key selects next cell to the right or below. Is there a method by which the tab/enter order can be customized to enable other specific cells to be selected? Thx! Don't know about your version of Excel, but in mine: Tools>Options>Edit, Move selection after enter, Directions, gives you some options -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Manhar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c0bf01c4218d$e0db99d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Pressing tab or enter key selects next cell to the right > or below. I...

Keeping forms in order they are entered?
I am working with a database that was designed for us and have pretty much just used without having to change much in but have now run into a problem and hope someone can help. We track and number complaints we recieve by number using last digits of year recieved then next number, i.e. a complaint recived 12/31/09 might be 9234 and first one received this year would be 10001 and the next would be 10002. The problem is now when I open my forms and go to the last one it is the 9234 instead of the 10002 which I need. How do I keep that last form I entered last the next time I open the data...

Is it possible to add a "View" button under the purchase order section?
Would be nice to have the abilty to allow someone to be able to view the purchase order as opposed to the given "new, delete, edit, or receive" buttons. This way someone who needed the information and did not have the appropriate security would not be able to delete or change the PO. I tried to CTL S the new, delete, edit and receive buttons, but that basically locks them out completely. Is this something that may be possible? You can make excel pivot table so any employee can view that worksheet from their terminal. This way you can define the fields you want to show as well ...

getting the error when updating file xls file.
Hi. We are using exchange 2003 server and office XP but know we start to Upgrade our office to office 2003 Know we are face problem. When our user try to make changes to file in public folder there can not make the changes it say “file is read only” but that user can make the changes or edit that same file from the P.C were office XP is installed. Do I have to install some patch if yes can you please send that patch because in trying from last two day and I can not find it. Note: If possible can you reply on parag.lopes@madinatjumeirah.com Just a guess... Are you s...

Comments entered on Task Updates to Manager: Where does it get sto
There is a checkbox option on the My Tasks page for team members to select and send comments about task updates to their managers. Anyone know where these task comments can be reviewed other than when the PM opens it up to approve? It does not seem to be retained anywhere like the Notes get retained. Hi Kahuna, PM can see the comments with Approvals -> Task Updates -> Go To -> Applied Requests and Errors, clicking on the task name. The approval history is listed there including comments. A team member can see them with clicking in the task name in 'My Tasks&#...

Multiple indexes on same fields in different order
I sometimes need to find the largest or smallest value in a field. If I put two indexes on the same field, one in ascending order and one in descending order, is Jet smart enough to use the proper index if a give it a grouping query with the condition Max or Min, or am I just wasting resources? Pete -- This e-mail address is fake, to keep spammers and their address harvesters out of my hair. If you want to get in touch personally, I am 'pdanes' and I use yahoo mail. But please use the newsgroup when possible, so that all may benefit from the exchange of ideas. ...

Incorrect quantity transferred from SOP order to invoice
What's the correct way to fix an incorrect quantity that was transferred to an invoice? For example, say we have an order with many line items where half of the items were fulfilled, some were partial-shipped. When the order transfers to an invoice, we realize that the fulfilled quantity was wrong on one of the items. We can change the QTY Fulfilled and QTY to Invoice on the invoice but how do we fix the order so that the difference doesn't transfer again? Do we go into the order and enter the difference in Cancelled QTY, although that would be misleading when an inquiry is ...

Update from Money 2007 Premium
I currently use Money 2007 Premium. I plan on installing Money Plus Deluxe. They look to be pretty much the same. Will anything be lost going from 2007 Premium to Plus Deluxe? Thanks, Bob K The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) "Bob K" <BobK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0C34A6-F03E-49AC-8B54-BAFF63BC538A@microsoft.com... > Will anything be lost going from 2007 > Premium to Plus Deluxe? "Dick Watson" wrote: > The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) > > "Bob K" <BobK@discus...

purchase order posted
a purchase order was received and posted, in error. the posting was the mistake. Is there a way to void the posted transaction or another way to bring it back to the received status? -- P McCarthy I think you mean a receipt was posted, right? POs don't get posted. There is no way to void a receipt in GP. You must perform a Return transaction and then modify the PO (add a new line to the PO) to add the quantity received back to it. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com No, When the receiv...

descending order of a series of data
I have 2 coulumns of data, A is the score, and B is the ranking in descending order of A WHat should be the formula in column B oplease? A B 76 4 88 2 99 1 85 3 24 5 --------------------- Kent Try this... =IF(A2="","",RANK(A2,A$2:A$7)) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "kent" <kft10@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23zdrHB1eKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have 2 coulumns of data, > A is the score, and B is the ran...

can't download email after MS updates
I'm using Outlook 2000 with Win XP Pro and I was able to download all my emails from my POP3 server, but coincidentally after doing the windows regular updates yesterday the Outlook doesn't download the emails. Although I can do send...I don't get any errors or dialog boxes for promts when i do send & receive. Thanks, Ik. Can you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q240347) and post the POP3Log.txt file? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers n...

UPDATE KB979202 MS silverlight problem
Hello, I was able to have all updates install, but i'm stuck with this KB979202. When I install it, a box popup (windows Installer) and ask for "enter path to folder containing installlation package silverlight.msi". ??? I try to uninstall silverlight and same message appear and ask for silverlight.msi?? Can anyone help? Thank in advance. By the way, I'm using Windows XP SP3 PRO. "powersupply" <powersupplydot007@gmaildotcom> ���g��l��s�D:O0dCAgz%23KHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I was able to have all updates i...

Sorting order to include alpha numeric
I am having trouble sorting alpha numeric text consecutively on an excel spread sheet. I'm only using the first column & the number for the "Sort By" Any number with alpha's or hyphenated numbers get sorted to follow AFTER all the pure numeric numbers (which is out of sequence for me). Is there a way to get the numbers to sort so the numeric portion of the number is always consecutive? For example: 10008 10009 10010 10010-A [these next numbers with -alpha relocate to bottom of numeric sequence] 10010-A-120 Thanks. Gary use helping column Cell B1 put t...

How to remove Quotes update
Money Plus When i do online updates how can i remove Quotes updates. Now i have to uncheck them everytime. Is there a way to make it unchecked ? In microsoft.public.money, desgnr wrote: >Money Plus >When i do online updates how can i remove Quotes updates. >Now i have to uncheck them everytime. >Is there a way to make it unchecked ? > Are you saying that Portfolio->UpdatePrices->PickQuotesToDownload is not remembering that you cleared the box? A sure-fire way to make a security not do a price update is to remove its symbol. How do i remove the symbol ? "Cal ...

outlook 2003 actions not updated in office when done remotely & vice versa
Hi All, I have seen vague references to this problem but couldn't find what I am looking for... We have Outlook 2003 at the office running in Cached Exchange Mode and Exchange Server 2003. I also have a number of users connecting to Outlook through our Terminal Server (Remote Desktop connection not RPC). The problem is - I've had a couple of users complain that when they make a change (say, mark an item as unread) remotely, that change has not been updated at the office the next day. I invoked the Send/Receive and this worked for one item - but the problem seems to occur periodicall...

Text field updating problem
Group, I am using the following control source for a text box on my form =DLookUp("[LastOfRoomChangeDate]","res_source_step 2","[RID] = [Forms]![res_residents]![RID]") The lookup was working great, not anymore...now it only updates when clicking the textbox...or waiting until it adds updates it almost a 2 minutes later or by making the textbox the first tab stop...... I am using Access 2007....any ideas to what might be causing it to run this way...or preventing my field from being updated One solution would be to Recalc the form, e.g.: Me.Recalc Ano...

Beginning Inventory Balance
Hello, I am creating a report using SQL Server SRS how would I build a SQL statement to get the beginning quantity as of a specific date, for exaple I want to know the inventory on hand for 11/28/2007. I have a twist to this query, I could have the same item listed twice with two different Unit Costs associated to it. Thanksk, Scott I'm not sure what the query is. The tables are IV10200 and IV10201. IV10200 tracks every increase to the item. For example, a purchase receipt and an Inventory adjustment are both recorded as layers. Right away you could restrict the data where DATER...

Copy and paste cahrt to new sheet-update data automatically?
If I have a chart set up oin one sheet and need the same chart on a differnet sheet, but with the data on the new shee represented...do I have to physically change the source on every sheet I copy it to or can it be "programmed" to do it automatically? (I have 100 sheets and 4 sheets to a page so am hoping I don't have to edit source data on all 400 charts.) Thanks in advance for any help! You'll find it easier if you copy the entire sheet, including charts and data, then pasting the new data over the data in the copied sheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Exce...

Update an database using ASP .Net
I'm developing an app using ASP .Net 3.5 for the frontend and and Access database for the backend. Using the Query Builder I've developed a command query that updates fields in a table of the database. I'd like for users to enter data in a text box on a web page, click the update button have the command query run. Any suggestion on how this can be done? -- Tony Add a dataset to your asp project In the dataset add tables with table adapters now in your form add a command button in your command button do something like this ( written in notepad ) ...

Cannot update online accounts anymore
Hi, I have been a Money customer since 2000 or so. I have recently upgraded to 2007 from 2006, and ugraded my money file in conjunction. I cannot update my online accounts anymore. When I read the call summary messages I usually get: Your account information is being updated, which may take a few minutes. If this message appears for more than five minutes, try again. Sometimes I get: "Update Unsuccessful", or the real fun one which says "Update in Progress", which stays even after I close and re-open Money This is for all 10+ of my accounts (banking, credit, etc.),...