Inventory Transactions using Integration Manager

Hi

I am trying to import inventory transactions (adjustmnet) using the IM, the
key thing is I want all lines in a single transaction.
I memic the sample in IM. but its not working  imports all linesbut I am
getting this error: Object 'Adjustment 1' already exists -- cannot Insert.

I think the problem is related to te documnet number, I am using a cloumn
that conatains the same number for all rows (in order to import all the lines
in a single trx)

Am I missing anything? any hint?

Thanks
0
Kam1 (29)

Look at the "group by" function in the IM manual.

An import will consist of header information and detail information.  If you
look at the sample files for various imports you will see one source for
header info and another for detail info.  This will happen even if both
sources are pulling info from the same file.

Header information controls things like document totals and overall document
information.

Detail information controls the line items for each document.

You can use the group by function to control how line item details are
grouped to form documents.  You can therefore group the individual inventory
line transactions into a single transaction if you group them by the
document number.

Remember to create one source for the header and another for the detail.
Use the group by function on the header source.

If you preview the header source, you should see one line per document
number.  If you preview the detail source, you should see all the line item
transactions.

"Kam" <Kam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am trying to import inventory transactions (adjustmnet) using the IM,
the
> key thing is I want all lines in a single transaction.
> I memic the sample in IM. but its not working  imports all linesbut I am
> getting this error: Object 'Adjustment 1' already exists -- cannot Insert.
>
> I think the problem is related to te documnet number, I am using a cloumn
> that conatains the same number for all rows (in order to import all the
lines
> in a single trx)
>
> Am I missing anything? any hint?
>
> Thanks

0
news_jamrock (304)
7/5/2007 10:07:10 AM
it worked. Thank you!

"Jamrock" wrote:

> Look at the "group by" function in the IM manual.
>
> An import will consist of header information and detail information.  If you
> look at the sample files for various imports you will see one source for
> header info and another for detail info.  This will happen even if both
> sources are pulling info from the same file.
>
> Header information controls things like document totals and overall document
> information.
>
> Detail information controls the line items for each document.
>
> You can use the group by function to control how line item details are
> grouped to form documents.  You can therefore group the individual inventory
> line transactions into a single transaction if you group them by the
> document number.
>
> Remember to create one source for the header and another for the detail.
> Use the group by function on the header source.
>
> If you preview the header source, you should see one line per document
> number.  If you preview the detail source, you should see all the line item
> transactions.
>
> "Kam" <Kam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I am trying to import inventory transactions (adjustmnet) using the IM,
> the
> > key thing is I want all lines in a single transaction.
> > I memic the sample in IM. but its not working  imports all linesbut I am
> > getting this error: Object 'Adjustment 1' already exists -- cannot Insert.
> >
> > I think the problem is related to te documnet number, I am using a cloumn
> > that conatains the same number for all rows (in order to import all the
> lines
> > in a single trx)
> >
> > Am I missing anything? any hint?
> >
> > Thanks

0
Kam1 (29)

HELP! Design Review & Risk Management topics (in ASP projects) required
Hi, I have to take 2 one hour sessions on the following topics: * Project Design Review * Project Risk Management Can you please recommend any topics/examples/case studies for the same? Any help will be much appreciated. On 9/6/2010 8:12 AM, gangestech wrote: > Hi, > > I have to take 2 one hour sessions on the following topics: > > * Project Design Review > * Project Risk Management > > Can you please recommend any topics/examples/case studies for the same? > > Any help will be much appreciated. > <http://www.dofactory.com/Fra...

Credit Card Payments
I've been using MM for years now but just noticed something in MM 2005. If I go to reports and click on "Monthly Income and Expenses" the report doesn't list credit card payments even if I select "Include transfers..." in Customize Report. It seems that the report generator doesn't know about the special Transfer and Credit Card Payment categories. It only knows about the expense category "Credit Card Payments/Transfers". My question is does anyone actually use this expense category? It seems like it could cause some unfortunate side effect...

How can I use Outlook on both my laptop and desktop? I have cable.
and Netgear wireless version 4.0 Dear Bafflegab, have a look on this site, may it helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Groupware for Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Notebook Synchronisation for Outlook: Public SyncTool New Domain: www.publicshareware.com "Bafflegab" <Bafflegab@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:59DE2C4E-ADC5-403C-AE3B-7DE1F9AF90C6@microsoft.com... > and Netgear wireless version 4.0 Thanks for the recommendation. It's a great site and one I never would have found on my own. I dow...

Need Help Troubleshooting Report Manager
Here is my situation. I can=92t get to Report Manger via IE. IE just displays the =93Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage=94 error message. Details: OS is Server 2008 Standard. I=92m running a standalone computer =96 not connected to the internet. I=92ve installed MS Loopback Adapter. I=92ve installed SQL Server Reporting Services and it=92s running ok. I verified by going to Services. Status is Started, Startup Type is Automatic. The account I=92m logged in as is a member of the Administrators Group. Windows Firewall is off for all profiles. Under Network Connections ...

Exchange delegation using group doesn't work?
Hi, I am running Exch 2k3 SP1 in Windows SBS 2003. I tried to delegate Exch to user. What I did: I created a group called: Junior Admins I delegate at the Exchange top level the Junior Admins group to be Exch Full Admin. I assigned user: Sam to Junior Admins I use AdminPak.msi for Sam to control Exchange from her PC. Sam can get ESE on her PC (mmc), but can't open the server folder due the rights. I've also assigned Sam in the local administrator of that workstation. Things work if I assign Sam directly in the Delegation Control from ESE. How can I delegate control via group? ...

Using Access 2007 runtime along with full install of Access 2K
Is it possible to successfully run Access 2007 runtime on a machine that has a full install of Access 2K? We seem to be having issues with the following registry key not updating when switching back to the older version of Access. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{4AFFC9A0-5F99-101B- AF4E-00AA003F0F07}\9.0\0\win32] @="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office\\msacc9.olb" Following running Access 2007 runtime the key changes to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{4AFFC9A0-5F99-101B- AF4E-00AA003F0F07}\9.0\0\win32] @="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Of...

Using Matrix Items
Someone...want to tell me how or if I can default which item is first (selected) when a matrix item is scanned? Is there a way to set this up? -- Thank You Vince :) What are the dimensions you use? Rob "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:E001F1F0-3002-4E1B-8E75-8E62FC6EC01C@microsoft.com... > Someone...want to tell me how or if I can default which item is first > (selected) when a matrix item is scanned? Is there a way to set this up? > -- > Thank You > Vince :) Using Lot Matrix, what I have is a six pack of coke or a sin...

Pls disregard last post used the second amended suggestion from John

anyone know if it'spossible to de-dupe a mailing list using excel
Hi I've merged 2 mailing list files and have noticed there are a few duplicate records.Is there a way of de-duping in Excel?? Hi, Look CPearson web, go to the middle of the page where it says delete duplicate rows http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm "Jonathan6315" wrote: > Hi I've merged 2 mailing list files and have noticed there are a few > duplicate records.Is there a way of de-duping in Excel?? Check out this option. --Select data range and from menu Data>Filter>Advanced Filter>Copy to another location.. --In 'copy to&#...

making a decision tree using excel!
hello all, i`ve been trying to make a decision tree using excel, the problem i encounter is that i wish to put information in to b11 which is related to information in b3, the information in b3 is ether 0 or err and is based on a "y" or "n" being entered, does anyone know which formula to use which will print a true of false statement in b11 Hi Andrew, If you mean print "True" or "False" or your error b11: =Left(b3)="y" So you can use YES, Yes, yes, Y, y and get True everything else will show False Or to treat the error in ...

RE: Use this critical package for Internet Explorer
--hmrlmpxejw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="enmgzrgmzgzwwvlg"; type="multipart/alternative" --enmgzrgmzgzwwvlg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hsqxuryiiedx" --hsqxuryiiedx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect y...

Cash Drawer won't open on transaction
Our client just replaced a PC after a H/D failure and everything is back up and working other than the cash drawer. It's connected to a Star SP200 serial printer on COM1. The printer works fine. The printer and the drawer both test fine from the Star OPOS configuration utility. Also, both are visible and test fine from the device screen in Store Ops (Shift + Ctrl + F5). We've already removed and reinstalled the Star drivers and tried a couple different versions. So now what...? BMI, Did you install Star's Cash Drawer OPOS driver too? Look in the Star folder for the Cash ...

Question about CRM and Great Plains Integration
Can I create invoice when I invoice a contract in CRM and then show the record in the Great Plains ? Thanks in advance ...

Transaction error in Money 2007
Since TAXCUT is out and Money is free with it (Staples), I purchased and upgraded from 06 to 07. My first download resulted in a transaction on my Fidelity account that listed the sale of one mutual fund and the purchase of another. Following the prompts I accepted each transaction but received the following error: An error occurred but Money was unable to retrieve and display details about what happened. (Resource = rcmpiad. Error = 4061.) I have tried deleting the transaction but it continually says 1 transaction to read. I have run salvage and it claimed to fix some on-line issue...

using SetTimer
I use extensively the timers in my View mfc application but I find the documentation is not absolutely clear. I use the version with 3 paramteres - the last one is NULL which indicates using the View OnTimer routine. In the documentation it says to use KillTimer with the first parameter being used in the SetTimer function and in some other palce to use it with the return value of SetTimer. Can someone clarify that plaeas? Thanks Rick. "Rick" <rick@cortex.com> wrote in message -> I use extensively the timers in my View mfc application but I find the > documenta...

Can't get at downloaded transactions
While Money was going through it's online update I also was in the process of requesting a download of transactions from a bank which uses web statements rather than direct statements. Somehow things must have gotten out of sync so that now Money is showing I have 19 transactions from this institution to review (which is correct) but it doesn't present me with anything to review when I'm in that account. I've tried re-downloading from the bank but that doesn't help. Any ideas how I can access the downloaded transactions? In microsoft.public.money, Ken wrote: &...

insert logo using AUTOCORRECT
Have been trying to insert my company's logo using AUTOCORRECT. It works like a charm in WORD. It doens't work in Excel. ex. when I type "lg" these characters should be replaced by my company's logo. Does anyone know how to do this in Excel? -- digicat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ digicat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14920 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497273 ...

Using Excel to design business forms
I have been using excel hit and miss to design business forms. I have been pretty successful but in many places I have found myself doing many inelegant things to get stuff to layout. Is there a good place to start looking to see how this is done properly, as I have seen many well done forms produced in excel. ...

number in system using arrivals and departures
Is there and easy way to figure out the total number of persons in a system if have access to the arrival and departure times. I have tried to use counts with if statements, but I keep getting the number 1. I know this is not correct. Is there any special macros or functions Thanks Hi you may provide some more details about your data. Could you post some example rows (plain text - no attachments please) and describe your expecte result -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany megv wrote: > Is there and easy way to figure out the total number of persons in a > system if have access...

Reset all inventory to 0
Is there a way to reset all the inventory for all the products while keeping all the products in the database? I would like to save time by taking the database from location 1 to location 2 and use the same database, but set the inventory of location 2 to 0. That way I will have the database that I want and the inventory can be added to the database after it is delivered to the store. Thanks, Tom Tom, You could always run an SQL script to reset the Quantity and Quantity Committed fields to 0 in the Item table, but if this is a 2nd location you are setting up you might need to a diffe...

Requisition Management
I am suggesting that the Requisition Management documentation be more complete - specifically in the area of covering the migration from eReq to RM. I've seen pretty good examples of migration documentation and "What's New" information with Great Plains 8.0 and with Grant Management. I am suggesting that there be more consistency with this level of documentation across all modules and products. The Requisition Management documentation could especially use some improvements in this area. For example, please include answers to the following questions in the RM Doc: What...

Retreiving Xml child nodes using DataSet and XmlDataDocument
I am loading an Xml file from a sql server. I have one field that contains child nodes stored as text. The problem is, when I try to imort the dataset into a XmlDataDocument, it loads the whole thing as a text element. (with all of the special characters converted) The best solution I've found so far is to do a string replace on all of the special characters. Like so: DataSet ds = new DataSet(); ds.EnforceConstraints = false; SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter(query, connStr); da.Fill(ds, "Keywords"); XmlDataDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDataDocument(ds); string s = xmlDoc.S...

splits investment transaction
I need an idea on how to split a transaction into two. I am recording investments in stocks and bonds, and many times only part of the shares are sold and I need to split the cost between the stock sold and the stock still held. For example Teststock date 09/16/09 shares 1000 value 9616.96 needs to be split into two items Teststock date 09/16/09 shares 500 value 4808.47 Teststock date 09/16/09 shares 500 value 4808.48 Any suggestions on how to do this? Was remembered that I had a similiar problem before and I looked it up and I did it by adding a table, where I add 2 lines ...

using picture on charts in exel 2002
After I updated to Exel 2002 the pictures I had displayed on a chart wall does not print properly... It looks fine on print preview but when you actually print it only show's a small portion of the picture... Before the update I had no problem... I have tryed every thing I know to make the correction.... Nothing has worked so far... Thanks The only thing that comes to mind is everyone's favorite whipping boy. Do your printer drivers need updating? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ jdishner...

A way to increase a number in a cell by using the + key
Hi, i do a lot of data entry and am looking for a way to increase the number in a cell (or range of cells) so that i dont have to enter the new number in each time. I have columns that separate items and i use the sheet to show the total count for each item in it's row. eg Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 2 5 4 I'd like to use the + key only to increase the counts for each item. Did i make sense?? It's a Friday and my mind isn't quite up for a lot of detailed explanations, lol. Any assistance would be appreciated. Tim That would require VBA How far are you will...