Inventory transactions not clearing open tables when posted

I'm seeing a number of inventory adjustment and transfer transactions remain
in the open tables after posting.  Any ideas on what could cause that?  Is
there any reason that the same transaction should be in IV10000 and IV30200;
or IV10001 and IV30300?  Thx.
--
Jim@TurboChef

Are you using single use Inventory batches?

--
dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com

Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.
"Jim@TurboChef" <JimTurboChef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm seeing a number of inventory adjustment and transfer transactions
> remain
> in the open tables after posting.  Any ideas on what could cause that?  Is
> there any reason that the same transaction should be in IV10000 and
> IV30200;
> or IV10001 and IV30300?  Thx.
> --
> Jim@TurboChef

0
dlothspe (110)
1/11/2006 1:34:22 PM
No, these transactions were posted directly rather than being saved to batches.
--
Jim@TurboChef

"Dan Lothspeich [MSFT]" wrote:

> Are you using single use Inventory batches?
>
> --
> dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
>
> Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
> purposes only.
> "Jim@TurboChef" <JimTurboChef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm seeing a number of inventory adjustment and transfer transactions
> > remain
> > in the open tables after posting.  Any ideas on what could cause that?  Is
> > there any reason that the same transaction should be in IV10000 and
> > IV30200;
> > or IV10001 and IV30300?  Thx.
> > --
> > Jim@TurboChef

Then there is no valid reason why the document should exist in both Work and
History.

--

> No, these transactions were posted directly rather than being saved to
> batches.
> --
> Jim@TurboChef
>

> "Dan Lothspeich [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Are you using single use Inventory batches?
>>
>> --
>> dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no
>> rights.
>>
>> Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
>> purposes only.
>> "Jim@TurboChef" <JimTurboChef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm seeing a number of inventory adjustment and transfer transactions
>> > remain
>> > in the open tables after posting.  Any ideas on what could cause that?
>> > Is
>> > there any reason that the same transaction should be in IV10000 and
>> > IV30200;
>> > or IV10001 and IV30300?  Thx.
>> > --
>> > Jim@TurboChef

0
dlothspe (110)

table import accounts quick journal
how can I import the GL-accounts into the quick journal setup You would have to do this behind the scenes or using Table Import. You must have a lot of accounts to put into it. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Toni" wrote: > how can I import the GL-accounts into the quick journal setup Which table (tables) I have to use. I have a lot of accounts. I only found to set up the ID with the offset account, but I need to import all the other accounts also. Thanks. "Charles Allen" wrote: > You would have to do this behind the scenes or using Table Import. You must > ha...

Copies of Table with Arrow Icons
I have a table called Quotes2004. Somewhere along the line two additional tables appeared called Quotes20041 and Quotes20042, each with an arrow icon next to them. I understand that the arrow indicates a link. But, I don't recall making these table copies. Can some process make the copies automatically? As far as I can tell, they are exact copies of Quotes2004 and they are updated when I update Quotes2004. How can I determine how these were created, what the links are and if they are really necessary? To discover what a table is linked to, open it in design view. Then open the Prope...

i want excel to show the first tab upon opening, not the second
when i open my spreadsheet, it always opens with the second sheet prominent, rather than the first. how can i change this? Hi, You will need VB for that. Alt+F11 to open VB editor. Double click 'ThisWorkbook' and paste the code below in on the right. For it to work you must enable macros on opening Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.Goto Sheets(2).Range("A1") End Sub -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "robs...

Embedded File Opening upon opneing spreadsheet
I have embedded files within my spreadsheet, and the if I change worksheets and then go back to the worksheet with the embedded files then all the embedded files open automatically. Is there an option somewhere that is causing this to happen? ...

Double click to open a pdf document
I have a form with a list of documents in the harddrive but not inside MS Access. How do open the documents by double clicking on the selected document which are mostly pdf documents? I have the acrobat reader. Application.FollowHyperlink Me.NameOfControlContainingFullPathToPDFFile -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "JP" <JP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71762D4F-43DB-4237-89D4-D349B38DDB94@microsoft.com... >I have a form with a list of documents in the harddrive but not inside MS > Access....

Why can't the email attachments I send always be opened?
I have problems sending emails with attachments that contain a spreadsheet I made using works task manager and also an attachment of a schedule that was made with works word processor. How can I save these documents in a format that they can be opened when sent as attachments to an email? Hi the recipient of your email has to have a program which can open your files. e.g. MS Works. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cwrogers wrote: > I have problems sending emails with attachments that contain a > spreadsheet I made using works task manager and also an attachment of > a...

Update Several Records with separate table data
I have two tables. One has all fields complete. The other has some complete records, but most only have one field completed. I want to input the complete records to the incomplete table, merging any records that would be duplicated. I forgot to mention this in my first post. Why are you duplicating data in your database? The goal of a well designed database is to only store the same piece of information once. Dale -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Dale Fye" wrote: > In Access (am unsure whether A2007 supports this), you can do this as a ...

There's no "read only" popup for files already open
I hope this is the correct place to post this message. Any help would be really appreciated. I have multiple .xls files shared on a Windows 2003 Server machine. The "this file is read only" popup doesn't appear when a user opens a file already open by another user. The user has no idea the file is already open until they try to save, and then it says "you can save this locally...." How can I make this functionality available? Thanks. -lp ...

How list inventory item codes so that they will be sorted correctl

When open windows mail, it appears "The file couldn't be shown"
I have two mail managers working in my PC: Outlook (for my personal mail), and Windows mail for my job. Both managers were working well, and even sometimes with both programs opened. After a windows actualization, I tried to open Win Mail and in the preview part of the screen (bottom), I see this notice: "The folder couldn't be shown. Win mail could not open this folder" "Possible reasons: Not enough disc space, or not enough memory" I have enough disc space (67GB, and 1 GB in RAM), so those are not the reasons (my archive are, at much, 1 GB). On the ...

Lookup Data in Another Table
I need to instruct MS Excel to look in the cells in column D of Table One, see if those cells match data in column H of Table Two, and if it does to insert the descriptions from column I of Table Two in column E of Table One. In other words, I am matching codes between two spreadsheets, finding the description of the codes and placing them in a new column in the original table. 'Suggestion, please. Sincerely, DOUG ECKERT You don't say what row your data starts on - I'll assume row 2, so put this in E2: =3DIF(ISNA(MATCH(D2,H:H,0)),"",VLOOKUP(D2,H:I,...

Why Users can open other users folders
Hi We have Exchange Server 2003 and we access Outlook using exhcnage server. I have found that all users can access others folder by going File, Open, Other User's Folder. Can you please guide me how can I prevent this. Do I have to make permission changes on Exchange Server? If yes where? Your prompt response is greatly appreciated. mukeshhtrivedi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi We have Exchange Server 2003 and we access Outlook using exhcnage > server. I have found that all users can access others folder by going > File, Open, Other User's Folder. Can you please guide me how can I ...

Check in vba if html document is already open.
I have a vba macro that opens an html document in IE. I want to be able have the macro check if the document is already open or not; if it is then I want to switch the focus to it rather than open another instance How can I achieve this? It is not sufficient to check if IE is running as the user may have other websites open at the time. TIA Chris ...

Lookup table / redundant data problem
Two questions in one: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-58.html has an example on an improved lookup table. I'd like to know how in the SQL query "[Enter Bracket]" is implimented--is this in an Event Procedure, and how exactly (what syntax) is this done? A more complete example would be appreciated SELECT Rate FROM Bracket WHERE [Enter Bracket:] BETWEEN BracketLow and BracketHigh Second question: How can you spot whether redundant data has been entered into a textbox (or a group of textboxes)? One solution that occurred to me would be to store each value of a textbox or gro...

Inserting a calculated field in a Pivot Table in Excel 2003
In the past I know I have done this but I can't see the option now to insert a calculated field. Does someone know where this is located? Thanks so much. Disregard. I figured it out. Thanks to anyone who answers before reading this. "Nadine" wrote: > In the past I know I have done this but I can't see the option now to insert > a calculated field. Does someone know where this is located? Thanks so much. ...

reprinting payables transaction posting journal
I made an error when posting a batch. I need to reprint the Payables Transaction Posting Journal from this batch. Please help. Go to Reports...Purchasing...Posting Journals, select the audit trail code, and print it. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jason" wrote: > I made an error when posting a batch. I need to reprint the Payables > Transaction Posting Journal from this batch. Please help. ------=_NextPart_0001_7F2F956B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, Were you able to get the report you needed? Let us know if you had questions print...

stop folder opening on new email
In Outlook 2003, whenever I get email that gets routed to a folder which is not showing right now in the tree view on the left, the folder above it automatticly expands to show the folder. Is there any way to stop this behavior so that the tree stays collapsed? __ Andy Smith You know, there is no pleasing users. Most of the requests we get in this group are to exhibit the exact behavior you despise. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be...

Recurring Batch for Cash Transactions in Purchasing module
I would like to be able to do a recurring batch for cash transactions. Currently the system will not allow this. We would like to use this for direct deposit transactions to our vendors. Now we either do a purchasing cash transaction each month, create a macro, or do it in Bank transactions. We want to do it in the purchasing module so it ties to a vendor and we like the recurring batch because sometimes the amounts change and so if you do a macro you have to redo the macro. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the m...

How to open mulitple projects in one instance of Publisher?
When I click file new, publisher opens another instance. I would like multiple projects in one Publisher window. How do I do that? While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Robert952 <Robert952@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > When I click file new, publisher opens another instance. I would like > multiple projects in one Publisher window. How do I do that? There is no way to open multiple Publisher documents in one window, and never has been. Multiple windows is the only way. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

Merging Pivot Tables
I have two pivot tables based on the same list. I want to combine the results. For example: I have four columns of data in my list, Col A, Col, B, Col, C, Col D. Col A, Col B, and Col C are all unique rows and I want to show them. The first pivot accomplishes this easily. However Col D has a value that is the same for all unique combinations of Col A, Col B, and Col C. When I add the last column Col D it ends up repeating many times for each unique combo of the above three columns, and I don't want that. So I made a second pivot and just filtered out for one unique occurenece of the th...

How do I open previous versions of publisher with 2003?
I have created several newsletters in Publisher '98. When I try to open them in Publisher 2003 the message is "Publisher cannot open the file". Any suggestions? Are you running Norton Antivirus? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "aoverf" <aoverf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C84A6F60-9C89-4D07-892A-5FBBC5C1E4AF@microsoft.com... >I have created several newsletters in Publisher '98. When I try to open >them > in Publisher 2003 the message is "Publisher cannot open the file". Any > suggestions? --- Ou...

Configuration Table not fully update when exporting new store data
After I create a new store database in HQ Manager, export the store database from HQ Admin, and then import the database into the Store Database on the POS I have noticed that only the StoreID is updated correctly. The Store Name, Address, Zip, State, and phone numbers are still set to my master database that I use as a template. This is getting annoying as I am setting up 50 stores. I tried to create a SQL Script to run on the POS in SSMS, which works EXCEPT for the zip code will not update and I do not understand why. The only thing I noticed is ZIP is varchar(15) not null in the S...

Updating the link state table
Is there a button in Exchange System Manager anywhere (or a utility) to get Exchange to review the link state table (eg is a connection to another server up down) and recalculate best paths etc? I'm interested particularly because I find the "deny public folder referral" checkbox on a connector takes hours to be honoured and, without restarting the server, I'd like to be able to 'prod' Exchange to notice the change. Thanks No time to test it for PF referral, but you can try this: Just restart the related SMTP virtual servers. You need to right click "Stop&...

Pivot Table Not Populating Correctly
I run a pivot table with data downloaded from the web but today for some reason the pivot table will not populate correctly. After I create the table, I try to drag over a variable "cost" and it populates every cell as '1' and rather than labeling the column "cost", it labels it "count of cost". I can see from the worksheet that it is taking the data from that the cost is correct but for some reason the table will not populate with it. Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it and prevent it from happening again? Thanks, Chris Chris, ...

How to import several csv files into 1 access table?
I have several csv files from 4 distributors and I wish to compile all the data into one table and export it to csv format to upload on a production sql server. all files contain similar field names, such as MFGPartNumber, ManufacturerID, ManufacturerPartNumber. Would I have to change the field names manually in the spreadsheets to match my access field name? or is there a way to have MFGPartNumber=ManufacturerPartNumber in some kind of formula? I am very new to this and any help would be appreciated. I'd probably link a CSV file from each of the distributors. Next cr...