Inventory transaction: print batch

I am unable to print my Inventory transaction batch the the screen to verify
before posting.  When I hit print at the inventory batch window, it jumps
right away to the print window and I do not want to print it, only view to
screen.

I went to Tools-setup-posting-posting and marked all to print to screen and
printer in the inventory module and still not working.  Am I not selecting
something correct?

0
carmie1 (60)

Actually, when I hit print and it jumps to the print screen box, if I select
it to print, it then jumps to the screen as well as the printer at the same
time.   I have no option of selecting to print to screen or printer.

"Carmie" <carmie@customwelding.com> wrote in message
> I am unable to print my Inventory transaction batch the the screen to
verify
> before posting.  When I hit print at the inventory batch window, it jumps
> right away to the print window and I do not want to print it, only view to
> screen.
>
> I went to Tools-setup-posting-posting and marked all to print to screen
and
> printer in the inventory module and still not working.  Am I not selecting
> something correct?

0
carmie1 (60)
2/27/2007 7:49:43 PM
Check under Tools>Setup>User Preferences and see what your default report
destination is.

"Carmie" wrote:

> Actually, when I hit print and it jumps to the print screen box, if I select
> it to print, it then jumps to the screen as well as the printer at the same
> time.   I have no option of selecting to print to screen or printer.
>
> "Carmie" <carmie@customwelding.com> wrote in message
> > I am unable to print my Inventory transaction batch the the screen to
> verify
> > before posting.  When I hit print at the inventory batch window, it jumps
> > right away to the print window and I do not want to print it, only view to
> > screen.
> >
> > I went to Tools-setup-posting-posting and marked all to print to screen
> and
> > printer in the inventory module and still not working.  Am I not selecting
> > something correct?

------=_NextPart_0001_24F7CD75

Hi Carmie,

Thanks for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups!

You are checking all the correct windows for the setup information involved
here.  Thank you to Karen as well for suggesting the User Preferences
window as well.

Diana Van Raden
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_24F7CD75

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs26 Hi Carmie,
\par
\par Thanks for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups!
\par
\par You are checking all the correct windows for the setup information involved here.  Thank you to Karen as well for suggesting the User Preferences window as well.
\par
\par Diana Van Raden
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par ==============================================
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par
\par to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par
\par     from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par
\par     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_24F7CD75--

0
dvanrade (102)
2/28/2007 3:59:22 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_3024217A

Hello

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Jan Smith

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_3024217A

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par
\par Jan Smith
\par
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_3024217A--

0
jsmit (219)
3/2/2007 8:03:33 PM
Yes, none of those suggestions corrected the problem.  I went to the posting
window and it is set just like all others.   But still, I can not view  a
batch to screen before printing it.  It jumps right away to the printer box
to print, then when I hit print, it also prints to the screen ( a little too
late............).   So, then I have one printed on paper and to the screen.

Not sure what the problem is.

"Jan Smith (MSFT)" <jsmit@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
> topic.
> Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
>
> Have a great week!
>

> Jan Smith
>
> Microsoft Online Support Engineer

> PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
>
> to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
>

> We also love to hear your product feedback!
>
> Let us know what you think by posting
>
>     from the web interface: Partner Feedback
>
>     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
>
> We look forward to hearing from you!

> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
>
> so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

rights.

carmie1 (60)
3/5/2007 3:55:33 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_47BE119F

Hi Carmie,

Would it be possible to send a screenshot of the print screen window that
comes up when trying to print?  Also, if you go to
Tools-Setup-Posting-Posting, can you send a screenshot of that setup window
as well.  Please let me know if you are unable to attach the screenshots to
your next post.

Diana Van Raden
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_47BE119F

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs26 Hi Carmie,
\par
\par Would it be possible to send a screenshot of the print screen window that comes up when trying to print?  Also, if you go to Tools-Setup-Posting-Posting, can you send a screenshot of that setup window as well.  Please let me know if you are unable to attach the screenshots to your next post.
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_47BE119F--

0
dvanrade (102)
3/6/2007 3:17:18 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_52EEDE99

Hello,

Checking in to see how things are going. Do you still need assistance with
this issue?
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Jan Smith

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_52EEDE99

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello,
\par
\par Checking in to see how things are going. Do you still need assistance with this issue?
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_52EEDE99--

0
jsmit (219)

Missing transactions?
In my Account List view, I see that there are "Transactions to read: 13" for my checking account. However, when I go to my checking account, there are no unread transactions! Note that I do have "View: All Transactions covering All Dates" selected as the view, so I would expect to see all of the transactions. I've been using MS Money for years, and this is the first time this problem has come up. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thanks, DJ You could try deleting the statement from the account list, right click where it says 'X tr...

Voiding Transactions
Hello, We are trying to analyze whether to void or delete orders and have questions as far as what happens when an order is voided. I've tried searching the knowledgebase and in the documenatation folder but it doesn't have the information that I'm looking for. Can someone tell me what what happens when you void an order and whether it un-allocates the line items on the order? Also, we know that it goes to history when the order is voided but how do we know it is a voided order from any other type of order? Thanks, Eric * will be shown with voided orders which shows ...

Vendor transactions and checks
I'm trying to create a vendor payment report from my program. From which tables I can get the vendor payable transaction information??? I also need to know whether there is a check aleady issue to a transaction. Thank you. ...

Inventory?
When I press F2 I am able to see all of my items, and the quantity that I have. I see an item that will say quantity 3, when I press properties, then inventory it will show quantity 2...I had just re-indexed my computer, not sure why it does this? -- Thank You,; Vince ...

How do I print only odd pages in Publisher and then only even page
I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the pages over and printing only even pages. No option is given that I can find in the print window. Help! Sarah Wright wrote: > I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do > duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the > pages over and printing only even pages. > > No option is given that I can find in the print window. > > Help! The duplex printing add-in can be found here (http://publisherm...

Paid Sales Transaction Removal error message
Hola Familia When I try to do run a "Paid Sales Transaction Removal" against a specify customer (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Routines >> Sales >> Paid Transaction Removal) in Dynamics GP 10 with SQL 2005, I get the following error: [Microsoft] [SQL Native Client] [SQL Server] Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint ‘PKRM30101’. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.RM30101'. I searched for the error message in Customer Source Knowledge base and found Article ID : 861084, which I followed and it showed the duplicate document (invoice...

Multiple Sales Transaction for Same Work Order
I am in the process of trying to create a store level report by department, catagory, and item of the moneys received in total by both deposit on work orders and on direct sales that are not work orders. We require a 100% deposit (of a single tender type) on work orders. I then need to break this deposit down by department, catagory and item. Then I must add that to the same break down for direct sales. Thereby getting a total of all moneys received during a specified period for the store across all registers. So basically I am trying to figure out the data structure and org...

Inventory Adjustments with problems
Hi In this moment I have some journal entry in financial module with transactions that i never saw before. The bachumb is something like 'GLTRX024134', they are not sequencial. In the descriptn, this has a link to a transaction from inventory adjustment, but with a change... if for example the transaction from inventory is AJ00000007, in this reference is IVAAJ00000007, this is happening with the transfers too. Any idea is welcome!!! Thanks in advance ...

Printing drawings
Visio 2007 Professsional ... Have succesfully reverse engineered a SQL Server DB selecting tables. Select tables and PK, however drawing created has all columns included. Is there a way to suppress the columns so only the tables are revealed? Thanks, Jim Yes with Visio for enterprise architect version "Jim Peterson" <JimPeterson@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:1232D9FA-E60A-4BD1-AF91-A6EA688A1819@microsoft.com... > Visio 2007 Professsional ... > > Have succesfully reverse engineered a SQL Server DB selecting tables. > Select t...

margin cut off when printed
a 4-up postcard looks perfect when viewed. When printed the top, rt side and bottom are cut off a bit. What can I do? First of all, give the Publisher version and Windows version you are using. The printer type also helps. Margins are set by your printer...ink jet printers can't print all the way to the edge of the paper. You need to find out your limitations and set up your document within those limitations. Draw a line from top to bottom and another from side to side, all the way across the page. Print the page, and then see where the lines stop. Melissa "Stan the man" &l...

Identified problem printing graphics #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Well Can anyone explain this latest miserable problem with MS Word 2008? When I print a large document to my HP 6MP printer, the document prints fine BUT ONLY WHEN I PRINT THE WHOLE DOCUMENT. The instant I print only a range of pages, it matters not if I start from the front or not, the graphics in the document do NOT print - even if they were generated by Word. Frankly I am sick with Microsoft's foisting off problematic software on us -- I only wish there were a real alternative choice! The real problem is that ...

Print BCC fiend from Outlook 2007
Any way to Print BCC in Outlook 2007... Tks Screen capture. zzMHUME wrote: > Any way to Print BCC in Outlook 2007... > > Tks > > Other then Screen Capture... I see in Outlook 2003 you can do something in "Design Form Field" but does not have the same stuff in Outlook 2007... tks "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%234ilCgceKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Screen capture. > > zzMHUME wrote: > >> Any way to Print BCC in Outlook 2007... >> >> Tks >> >>...

Tying invoice/match transactions to receiving transactions
The lookups for invoice match transactions tie back to the PO as do receiving transactions. Buut I am not finding anything that ties invoice/match transactions back to the receiving document. I suppose I could create a crystal report that ties these documents out but Is there a better way? I am not finding it in Smart List. Do I need Smart List Builder to bring in another table? Thanks. Take a look at MVP Frank Hamelly's article at Received not Invoiced for information on this subject. He also details some considerations when building your SmartList. http://gp2themax.blogspot...

Inventory Starting out
I am trying to get my inventory to zero in all the qty fields how do i do this? Hi Pac, there are many ways you can do that i.e. Using the Physical Inventory option, using the inventory Wizard or Administrator program. I am writing below the inventory procedure using the sql script. 1. Go to Store Administrator and connect to your database click ok also 2. Go to Query Menu and click new 3. Write the query in SQL command windows UPDATE ITEM SET QUANTITY=0,QuantityCommitted=0 4. and click on > button this will make zero quantity. Now if you how we can do this using the physical invento...

Transaction origin
When I go to the Inquiry/Sales/Transaction by customer I found a field which is called origin. Well ... I can=B4t understand what is the meaning of Open in tha field? I guess that History origin is linked with the transaction posted and Work is linked with the transaction in a batch. Is that true? Best regards, Ingrid Work - Transactions currently in a batch awaiting posting. Open - Transactions posted and perhaps already fully applied. You need to run the Paid Transaction Removal process to move them into history if fully applied. All these transactions reside in the RM20101 table His...

historical inventory transfer cost change
Hi Everyone, we have a scenario where we need to change the cost of inventory receiving/adjustment in history and also want this change to be reflected in all transfer entries of history based on the new cost. example: ======== (1) purchase 100 items @ $10 on 1st-Jan (2) transfer 20 items to other site @ $10 on 10th-Jan (2) transfer 50 from in same site with on-hand to in-use @ $10 on 20th-Jan now if i use the adjust cost utility and change the price of (1) from $10 to $15 then GP does it with no problems as far as GL and purchase transaction (1)is concerned but what we want is that tra...

Receivables Posted Transaction Maintenance Lookup Very Slow
A client of ours on GP v6.0 has an issue with the document number lookup on the Receivables Posted Transaction Maintenance window taking a couple of hours to return a result on their largest database and many minutes on their smaller databases. I notice KB article 857143 on Partnersource mentions the same issue for v8.0 but with no solution. Is there a known work around for this issue? They are soon to migrate to 8.0 but I would like to fix the issue in the short term and preferably not leave them with the same issue after the upgrade. Are they periodically moving receivables trans...

Can I reprint Sales Invoices once the batch has posted?
If I print as historical document the invoices do not include the tracking # which we keep in the User Defined field. Is there a way to reprint a batch of invoices that has already been posted so that it has all data? Typically, you should be able to reprint an invoice (or range of invoices) by doing an inquiry on the specific document. However, what you may be experiencing is that your invoice format appears different from the one used when the invoices have not been posted yet. That's because GP has two different invoice formats, one for work (unposted) documents and one f...

Delete CDO page heading and following matter when printing an email document; to print the document only
I have used a modified form of Ron de Bruin's macro for sending Excel generated email via CDO. I would like to be able to print the CDO generated document without printing the heading (To: From: Subject: etc.) or any tags that may follow. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks. Michael If Worksheets("DataBase").Range("R348").Value = 1 And Worksheets("Record").Range("C21").Value > 0 Then Dim iMsg As Object Dim iConf As Object Dim ws As Worksheet Dim Sourcewb As Workbook Dim Flds As ...

Print preview question
When use preview the CR , how can I know the user press' print' button ? or press' export' button ? thanks "Sze" <abc@abc.com> wrote in message news:eGiRTfYgKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When use preview the CR , how can I know the user press' print' button ? > or press' export' button ? > > thanks > > CR? Which print preview dialog are you using in what type of project? Hello Sze, Could you please let us know the Application context and elaborate the problem? By the way, we have migr...

Creating print sections within a worksheet
I'd like to have unique headers for parts of a worksheet when I print the data. Is it possible to create sections within a worksheet? Otherwise, if I have each set of unique data in separate tabs, eahc tab having it's unique header text, is there a way to create a pdf that is the combination of several tabs? My fallback would be to copy pieces of the data from Excel and paste them into sections of a Word document. Thanks, Jeff Jeff - See "Custom View" in Excel's Help. - Mike Middleton http://www.DecisionToolworks.com Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel "M...

Print Preview: possible to remove the Internet Explorer little icon from the dialog title bar?
Hello, Anybody knows if it is at all possible to get rid of the Internet Explorer icon that shows up in the title bar of the Print Preview Dialog? I am using CHtmlView and calling the Print Preview through IDispatch. I am also providing my customized template for the Print Preview GUI. Everything is perfect other than I'd like to know if that icon can be removed and or changed with my own icon. Would it have anything to do with favicon by chance? Thanks! weboludo ...