Inventory Reconcile SQL program code

I have been informed by Microsoft that the IV Reconcile procedure uses
Dexterity to perform the calculations and inventory quantity updates -- and
not SQL stored procedures.  We have a large implementation of Great Plains
with 650,000+ Inventory titles and use Mfg.  The IV reconcile process is
taking multiple days to run, and is cumbersome because it locks users out of
Sales Trx entry/POP and IV.
  Has anyone made an attempt to write the SQL scripts necessary to update
the IV tables for allocated quantities, qty on backorder, qty on order, etc?
btw, we also have Multi-bin installed.   Thx in advance... John L.
0
JohnLynch (6)

John:

Here is how I will get around your situation, if I were you,

A. Try to reconcile IV based on Item code ranges, for example
A0000000 - B9999999 etc.
B. If that is not viable, I would get the DexSQL log generated when GP goes
through an IV reconcile.
C. tidy up the DexSQL log. In otherwords you will have to replace the
Itemcodes
with SQL selects.
compile this as a stored proc.
Test this out on 20 items and scale it.

The downside to this approach is, when you upgrade GP, you need
to test your custom SQL out.

Hope this helps.

"John Lynch" wrote:

> I have been informed by Microsoft that the IV Reconcile procedure uses
> Dexterity to perform the calculations and inventory quantity updates -- and
> not SQL stored procedures.  We have a large implementation of Great Plains
> with 650,000+ Inventory titles and use Mfg.  The IV reconcile process is
> taking multiple days to run, and is cumbersome because it locks users out of
> Sales Trx entry/POP and IV.
>   Has anyone made an attempt to write the SQL scripts necessary to update
> the IV tables for allocated quantities, qty on backorder, qty on order, etc?
> btw, we also have Multi-bin installed.   Thx in advance... John L.
0
26point2er (113)

About Anti Spyware programming ....
Hi i am working on Anti Spyware application, in VC++. for spyware detection i need to know about signature of the spyware. Could any body please tell me about the Anti Spyware Porgramming in VC++. Thanks in advance Mujtaba Mainly a file exists routine and a database, - MR <tomujtaba@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1104491640.666701.199380@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > i am working on Anti Spyware application, in VC++. for spyware > detection i need to know about signature of the spyware. Could any body > please tell me about the Anti Spyware Porgrammin...

Business Type Code Vs Industry
Hello, Can someone explain the difference between Business Type Code & Industry? What is the role or purpose of Business Type code. If anyone knows of any resources that could explain the intended purpose of this and some of the other fields on the account object such as Classification, and Category that would be great. Hi, It totally depends upon your business requirments. If you think some field is not required then just remove it or modify it to suit your requirments. There are many attributes of Account which are not even shown on Account Form by default but they are there in ...

Code Comment Web Report,
I have enabled VC++ XML comments in Visual Studio 2005. However, I do not see the "Build Comment Web Pages" under the Tools file menu (which my book says should be there--but the book was written for VS02). Did they get rid of Build Comment Web Pages in VS05, or simply move it? > I have enabled VC++ XML comments in Visual Studio 2005. However, I do not > see the "Build Comment Web Pages" under the Tools file menu (which my book > says should be there--but the book was written for VS02). Did they get rid > of Build Comment Web Pages in VS05, or simply ...

output to
I created a button to save a report in a designated folder. The date parameter is a box on the form the query for the report runs off of. I want to include that date field in my report so I know what parameters I ran the report on by looking at the contents of the folder. I tried to code the start date into my stOuputFile portion but didn't do it correctly. Here's my code so far for the button. Let me know if anything should be cleaned up as well. Thanks. Private Sub Cmd_MailEngineerRpt_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Cmd_MailEngineerRpt_Click Dim stDocName As String stD...

VB code
Hi all, I am trying to create a macro using VB. Here is what I want my macro to do : I have file1 and file 2 saved in each monthly folder like c:/month/file1.xle c:/month/file2.xle I have a spreadsheet like this A B C D E Date Unit No. Sale Amt Source1 Source2 9/4/2005 UN01 $2.00 6/8/2004 UN02 $3.00 10/5/2004 UN03 $5.00 My file1 like this colum A colum B Unit No Source1 Un02 10 Uni03 12 Now I need go to file1 to find data for Colum D(Source1) by using vlookup function based on the unit number then extrive the data to colum D and times 50%. So after I run the ma...

Obsolete / inactive items available to sales / inventory processin
Hi all, Does anyone know of a way to disallow obsolete/inactive items from being available for selection on sales orders? Thanks, -- Jim Bourque Two steps: first, in Setup->Sales->Sales Order Processing->Options, uncheck the option to allow sale of discontinued items. Second, mark those items Discontinued in the Item Card. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Jim B" wrote: > Hi all, > > Does anyo...

how to organize several class and their instance in windows programming
Hi, everyone, I'm designing a project which could do some image processing, motion control and networking using MFC. nowadays I'm puzzled how to organize so many class and their instances. Though I think the "design pattern" could solve my problem, but what I only want is to get a simple method or a belief understand. suppose these class are like this: CImageProc (class deal with image processing) CMotionControl (class deal with motion control) CNetwork (class deal with networking) CXXXClass (class doing other work) This is the way I use, in the CMainFrame( I'm...

How to Clear or Reconcile without right-click
How does one Clear or Reconcile the currently selected transactcion without going through the tedium of right- clicking and selecting Mark As -> Cleared (or Reconciled)? Thanks CTRL-SHIFT-M "MoneyUser" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a72401c41db7$b7003000$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How does one Clear or Reconcile the currently selected > transactcion without going through the tedium of right- > clicking and selecting Mark As -> Cleared (or Reconciled)? > > Thanks In microsoft.public.money, MoneyUser wrote: >How does one Cl...

Trapping SQL errors in VBA
ok... making progress on this relinking SQL tables routine. I was getting wierd results before apparently because I was not passing a UID; it was using my Windows logon (by default I guess) so automatically using a trusted connection. Now I've got another problem! When I intentionally use an incorrect password, I get a popup window with Connection Failed: SQL State '01S00' SQL Server Error: 0 <more lines of similar stuff> but VBA does NOT detect an error. Any idea how I can trap this error? Or is there some other way to test whether a SQL uid/pwd is valid before I start...

Sql Server Indexing With Two or More Columns
I got a question with indexing. If I create an index and select 2 or more columns, what is the difference with that and creating 2 (or more separate ) indexes for them? Thanks mark It depends on what you are doing If you have WHERE Last=@p1 AND First=@p2 there no need to have two indexes , however having WHERE First=@p2 the first index on Last,First may or may not be useful, so in that case having two NCI may be a good idea I mean you need testing it, and make a decision.Also there is no need to create NCI on every column, it is especially true in SQL Server 2005 and onwards w...

As in GP ver7.5 allow the removal of the SQL user integration
Ver 10 of GP enrypts the user password in such a way that the user can't login using their profile to any other SQL process. Ver 7.5 allowed the detaching of this encryption facility in GP. Removing this ability is a backward step. The ability to detach the GP to SQL user integration should be reinstated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion i...

Excel Add-In for SQL Server Analysis Services Error -- Need Help
I have the add-in installed and it was working. However, lately I keep getting an error stating: Excel Add-in for Analysis Services has not been initialized I have uninstalled and reinstalled but no luck. Anyone help out here? Alan ...

sql server displays
I would like to know what I can use in sql server report 2008 to display several sentences or paragraphs prior to where I have a table generated. Each table in each report will display the data. To display the paragraph(s) and/or sentence(s) before the table containing data what toolbox item would I use? Should I use a matrix, rectangle, textbox, and or another table? Your question is not really clear, but I think you are trying to do would be done using a list box. Add the list box to the report, put the text boxes you want to display here, then add the table control to the ...

program loading time
The money 05 loads very slow, I have archived everthing past 90 days but it still loads slow. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, oltexasboy wrote: >The money 05 loads very slow, I have archived everthing past 90 days but it >still loads slow. Any suggestions? Restore the archive as your main file, if you have not gone too far with it since the archive. Archiving did not help your speed appreciably, and you might want to refer to that older data. Consider reducing scheduled bills. Remove accounts from the budget if you think that would be appropriate. Set your start page t...

SQL Server Enterprise Manager
Anybody know how I would go about in loading this ?? It was installed on my PC by someone who no longer works for my company. My hard drive crashed and I had to rebuild everything but I can't find any doc's to re-install the SQL Server Enterprise Manager from M/S online help. You would need the SQL server Installation CD. Install client tools only on your PC. HS "Eddy_L" <Eddy_L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E00D5ED1-B879-4F30-BBB5-C4073182E316@microsoft.com... > Anybody know how I would go about in loading this ?? It was installed on > my...

Great Plains and SQL 2005
Hi Is there any info regarding to what version of Great Plains will be supported on SQL 2005? I remember someone mentioned that MGP 8.0 service pack 3 or 4 will allow GP8 work on SQL 2005.....what about GP 7.5? Does anyone have any URL or whitepaper for the above query? -- Regards James[MVP] Visit MBS Blog Central http://mbscentral.blogs.com James The yet to be released Version 9.00 of Great Plains will support SQL 2005. A Service Pack for Version 8.00 will be released to support SQL 2005. Version 7.50 has just had its last Service Pack (SP7) release and will not support SQ...

Database SQL query
Sorry for this post here. If someone knows a group I can go to for this question, please let me know. I have a program in MFC that accesses and updates an Access database. The problem is I can't figure out how to add a field which contains a word with a single apostrophe ie (St. Vincent's). I'm using the CDaoDatabase and CDaoRecordset classes. I understand that DAO is interpreting the apostrophe as some type of terminator but there must be a way around the issue. MS Access has information on how to do it in Access VB but that doesn't seem to work in MFC. Thanks Ughh ...

Send/Receive at program startup
Hi, I can't figure out how to prevent Outlook 2003 from automatically sending and receiving email when I launch the program. I want to send and receive only when I click the 'Send/Receive' button. Thanks for any ideas. Steve Uncheck the automatic polling option under Tools->Options->Mail Setup. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Steve Prescott asked: | Hi, |...

Multiple Instances of Manager Program
Greetings I have a situation where it might become necessary to have multiple people running the SO Manager program at the same time. Doing edits and changes primarily. Has anyone run up against any performance/stability issues under such circumstances. Does this cause any instability problems with the POS frontend also operating at the same time? The reason I mention this is that we did some experimentation with having an MS Access forms app try and edit some data in the Customer table and it would cause the frontend to crash if we were operating on the same record. We we...

(Advance Programming) Parameter Returned as Value
Hi, I wish some body could Help Me, I have being loocking for a solution for 2 days. I need to make a simple Query to check if the parameter values are in a Table. I want the Query to return "Founds" and "Not Founds". For Example: Table Definition: TName CREATE TABLE [dbo].[TName] ( [IdName] [bigint] IDENTITY (0, 1) NOT NULL , [Name] [nvarchar] (30) COLLATE Traditional_Spanish_CI_AS NOT NULL ) ON [PRIMARY] Values: Insert Into TName (Name) Values ('Paul') Insert Into TName (Name) Values ('Peter') Insert Into TName (Name) Valu...

running external program, waiting for completion
I'm trying to start an external utility from a C++ program, but I'm having some problems I've tried various approaches, but all seem to suffer from the same problem: I can start the utility but if I try to wait for it to exit, then I'll wait forever (& the utility never seems to start running). One example: SHELLEXECUTEINFO ShExecInfo = {0}; ShExecInfo.cbSize = sizeof(SHELLEXECUTEINFO); ShExecInfo.fMask = SEE_MASK_NOCLOSEPROCESS; ShExecInfo.hwnd = NULL; ShExecInfo.lpVerb = _T("open"); ShExecInfo.lpFile = "c:\\xxx\\yyy\\zzz.exe"; ShExecInfo.lpPar...

A SQL statement in VBA
On the main form is a subform in datasheet view and 5 command buttons. On the click of one button I have an event procedure that should run this query : SELECT DISTINCT [Client Extended].ID_client, [Client Extended].date_ouverture, [Client Extended].nom_client, [Client Extended].date_naissance, [Client Extended].couriel FROM [Client Extended] RIGHT JOIN Produit ON [Client Extended].ID_client = Produit.REF_client WHERE ((([La première date :])<=[date_livraison]) AND ((Produit.date_livraison)<=[ La seconde date])) GROUP BY [Client Extended].ID_client, [Client Extend...

Accessing desktop shortcuts when programs are running
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is there any way to toggle between program windows and the desktop so that you can access the shortcut icons there without resizing or minimizing your program windows? It would be great to be able to do this, especially when I have four or five word documents open . . . Thanks! You can use the ApplicationName> Hide ApplicationName or Hide Others command to hide the window(s) to access the Desktop - assuming you don't have any other application windows open. However, you might want to explore other more effective...

Does any have any sample code for Store Manager Addins
I'd like to jump start some development efforts and would like to see some examples of how ADDINs have been used. Anything that hits the PurchaseOrder Table would be perfect.... My understanding is that samples are availble to certified partners at the PartnerSource web site: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/documentation/installationsetupguides It is not clear to me if customers have direct access to it or not. "Espo" wrote: > I'd like to jump start some development efforts and would like to see some > examples of how ADDINs have been used...

On error displayes default error code instead of the specifyed one
Hi, I have added error handling code to my combo box. Private Sub searchName_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object On Error GoTo ERR_Handler Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[sdutentId] = " & Str(Nz(Me![searchName], 0)) On Error GoTo 0 Exit Sub ERR_Handler: MsgBox "Please empty search box before continuing!" End Sub But it doesn't display the message in msgbox, it displayed default ms access error code. which is "The text you have entered isn't an item in the ...