Inventory - Cost in decimal places

Hi,

Altough we are using the currency in two decimal places. It does
happen that certain inventory items, when purchased have a value that
can go up to three decimal places.

As the system only shows 2 decimal places for the cost, what happens
to the third decimal place value. I hope the system just doesn't
discard it away, or does it calculate it in the background???

Any ideas on what happens to this third decimal place.

for example
unit cost = .39
total quantity = 7.5
Total cost should be = 2.925

but the system shows = 2.93

what happens with this .005 cost.

Sajid Saeed

[Great Plains version 7, Pervasive SQL 2000]
0
hitman_s (37)

Sajid,
    You will lose the rounded portion ($.005) and at present there is no
automatic mechanism to capture this cost and adjust the GL, sorry.

Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.
"Sajid Saeed" <hitman_s@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Altough we are using the currency in two decimal places. It does
> happen that certain inventory items, when purchased have a value that
> can go up to three decimal places.
>
> As the system only shows 2 decimal places for the cost, what happens
> to the third decimal place value. I hope the system just doesn't
> discard it away, or does it calculate it in the background???
>
> Any ideas on what happens to this third decimal place.
>

> for example
> unit cost = .39
> total quantity = 7.5
> Total cost should be = 2.925
>
> but the system shows = 2.93
>
> what happens with this .005 cost.
>

> Sajid Saeed
>

> [Great Plains version 7, Pervasive SQL 2000]

0
dlothspe (110)

Cost basis in different currencies
I am using Money 2004 Deluxe and I am using Danish Krone (DKK) as my base currenc In my investment portfolio I have investments in varios currencies (DKK, USD, EURO, etc.). For all investments in currencies other than DKK I have a problem with the calculation of the cost basis on thereby also the gain. For instance an investment shown in its original currency such as USD with a historical cost of USD 100 will now show a cost basis of USD 103. I suspect it has something to do with exchange rate conversion back and forth with my base currency (DKK) when I update Money(?). However the historical...

Using Bins with Lot Items in Inventory
Hello, How do I assign a inventory lot to a bin. Thanks, Scott ...

Cost basis for stock purchases after downloading from brokerage
Hi, I am using the Trial version of Money 2006 Deluxe. I downloaded my brokerage account statement from Wachovia Securities and when I look at the portfolio the purchase price of some of the stocks is not correct (when I have multiple purchases of a single stock). Has anyone else experienced this? Is it related to the fact that I am on the trial version? I have seen a lot of posts on cost basis, many dealing with interest rate yield calcs and IRA type accounts but haven't seen anything that has helped. Please forgive me if I missed something in another discussion. Thanks in advanc...

Adding up time in decimal value
Hi I'm trying to add up some cells containing the formula =(X1*0.64/60) The idea is that it rounds up to the nearest decimal point, fo example... 100 X 0.64 = 64, but I want it to show 1.1 (Like 1 hour and point 1 o an hour) This I can do, but the problem comes when adding up the cell containing the 1.1. For example 15 cells containing 1.1 add up to only 16 but I wan them to add up to 16.5. (15 X 1.1 instead of 15 X 64/60) Is there anybody out there who can help? -- awo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- awol's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Inventory Reconciliation #3
Hi all, Is there a report in GP to reconcile ALL inventory postings to GL? In otherwords we want to reconcile all postings to inventory (adjustments, Transfers, shipments, sales) with the General Ledger inventory accounts. Thank you. LR The closest report I found is the Inventory Distribution History report but this report does not include inventory Purchase Receipts. Help anyone. Thanks. LR "LR" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is there a report in GP to reconcile ALL inventory postings to GL? In > otherwords we want to reconcile all postings to inventory (adjustments, &...

Landed Cost #8
Hi, I would like to use the landed cost functionality in GP 9.0. 1. In the receiving transaction entry screen, I have opened the Receivings Landed Cost Entry screen and selected the landed costs that are applicable. The landed cost functional total is updated with the total landed cost value. But I could not see any changes in the distribution. 2. Also I posted this in a test environment and checked whether it has created a payable invoice for the vendor attached to the landed cost. But it has not. The landed cost IDs are attached to diffeent vendors in the landed cost master. (Other...

decimal value leading zero's
Hi Group How do I get excel to stop adding a leading zero to a value like .567? I hate looking at 0.567!!! It just ruins the visual effect!!! These are calculated values formatted to 3 decimal places. I have a stupid work around in which I use a helper cell with the formula =TEXT(A1,".000"). I also tried things like =LEFT(A1,4) but this doesn't work if the calculated value is say 0.600 and the the added zero's are from formatting. This will return .6 . Isn't there a custom number format that could be used thus eliminating any work around? I've searched the...

Missing InterStore Inventory Transfers
Hi, We're running RMS HQ 2.0 with 8 store locations, including a warehouse. We're having trouble with an interstore inventory transfer from the warehouse to one of the stores in that the transfers are suddenly refusing to appear.The rest of the stores receive their transfers fine- there may be a delay of up to a day, but eventually they show up. I see from previous post thats this was common for older versions of RMS but surprised its still an issue for 2.0. I also see that some forum contributers had scripts for forcing these through but I'm a little bit confused by the c...

HHT inventory Terminals
We have been using the PSC PT2000 Top Gun terminal but they are no longer available. What can we use to replace these guns in the future that are compatible with RMS 2.0 /3.0 Paul ...

updatting decimal numbers, why do I get just integers
I am trying to update a field based on Lat/Lon 'decimal' numbers, but whenever I up to another table I get just single whole digits. This is a sample of the doner data: (tbl_School_Points) coordinates -0.020106,51.50740400000001,0 0.045455,51.50896500000001,0 -0.07613200000000001,51.54164200000001,0 -0.074599,51.546712,0 -0.057798,51.506394,0 -0.069962,51.542489,0 -0.061783,51.536706,0 and this is what I get in the other table: (tbal_XML_Imports) coordinates 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Both fields are set to 'text' amd not numbers (because of their unique properties; eg: micing decima...

Re: Office 12 Beta Apps- cost $1.50 each
I just went to the Office 2007 download area, logged in etc and saw: " Select each product you wish to download for a download service fee of $1.50 each " and expires in Feb 2007 > > "SaNdMaN" <SaNdMaN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:41CC6593-02E7-4E08-93CF-33D724D59A38@microsoft.com... >> The TR1 download won't do any good if you can't get Office 2007 beta >> 2 to >> install. I loaded Vista pre RC1 and cannot get any of the 2007 >> Office betas >> to install. What I found interesting, Office 2...

Change Inventory Qty
-- Christian S South Carolina ...

Mfg Standard Cost Maintenance question.
GP 10. The documentation states that Cards >> Manufacturing >> Inventory >> Std Cost Maintenance pulls its Pending/revalue material costs from the Standard Item Material Costs window. So I go into the SIMC screen and enter either a future-dated or backdated pending material cost for CORDG (a component of 100XLG). But that change doesn't show in the Std Cost Maintenance screen for either CORDG or 100XLG. It doesn't show in teh Stand Cost Changes screen either. Neitehr rollup nor revalue in that screen picks up the SIMC value. What am I missing? Generall...

Is there a reason why my Outlook 2000 doesn't automatically place meeting request on my calander?
I can get an email with cryptic information, but that's it. The same email address, when opened in Outlook Express, has the meeting request as an attachment. But, I really want it to auto my calendar, which it doesn't. Also, sending out meeting requests doesn't seem to work on other calendars either. Tried running hotfix, Hotfix didn't see a correct version of Outlook. And, pretty sure the license code for Office and Outlook 2000 was a bogus one. Just used it to get it up and running... ...

spliting whole number and decimal
Hi there, I have some questions kinda cirle the same issue...so just bear with me here: If my cell A1 has number 1234.56, and I want cell B1 contains 1234 and cell B2 contains .56, How do I do that? How do I do the same thing if there are 3 decimal places.. i.e 123.456 What happen if the format in cell A1 is a text? Can the splitting be done? Thanks. Hi, In B1 =INT(A1) and in b2 =A1-INT(A1) Mike "Don Doan" wrote: > Hi there, > I have some questions kinda cirle the same issue...so just bear with me here: > > If my cell A1 has number ...

Placing a Link in an OE (mail tool)
I think a friend uses OE as a mail program. I use Mozilla. If I put <google.com> in the body of an e-mail. It appears in most places (I think) I sent the message to as an underlined link. When my friend sends me the same format, it shows no under line and it's not possible for me to click it to perform a link. Can OE do this, or is there some preference he needs to use. HTML? I'm not familiar with OE. Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39� 15' 7&quo...

Converting from "services" type items to "Sales Inventory"
Has anyone converted items in thier Great Plains ERP from an item type of "Services" to "Sales Inventory"? We have about 2000 parts to convert and I seeking input on the best way to do this without creating new part numbers or causing major disruptions in the operations. Thanks How long have these items been in the system? Has there been ANY activity with these items? SOs created? Invoiced? Anything? If so, export them to a CSV file, change the part number, and use Integration Manager to mass create new parts. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP...

Inital inventory count for RMS
Hi all Can anyone share any advise/experience on inputing initial inventory count for RMS?? I am going to upgrade my traditional store (using pen + paper) to using RMS My store has like 5000 different items and I have the SQL statements ready to load most of them into the Store Administrator for the first time. Of these 5000 items, I will probably know the starting quantities for about 200 different items by the time I run my SQL on the Store Administrator My Intention is to set all unknown quantities (Item table, column Quantity) to a large number say 100,000 units and correct them o...

Landed cost #6
Is it possible to use landed cost when we receive partial reciepts of several POs in one shipment? Yes. It is useful to think of landed costs as a way of applying costs to a shipment or container of goods. The shipment may consist of goods sent for several purchase orders. The first thing you do is to mark off which goods have arrived. Landed costs just records those additional costs that occur when the goods pass through customs and are shipped to your office. "soa" <soa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63E89B40-07D4-4C7A-80B4-6A16756A4010@microsoft.com...

decimal time data entry
is there a built in format ...or one i can input that will convert 'normal' time format into decimal time? example: end user will enter 2:36:20 (two hours, 36 minutes, 20 seconds) into a cell - it needs to be converted to 2.6 (2.6 hrs) when they leave it. I have written some vba code (triggered by Worksheet_Change event) that does this..but after learning more about how the xls file is used I do not want to have to modify the code to deal with the new 'scope'. Thanks. On 10 dic, 20:47, astrodog <kent.eil...@res-direct.com> wrote: > is there a built...

how do I setup invoicing to deduct from inventory?
I am using excell and woul like have invoiced goods automaticaly deducted from inventory spread sheet. Splash wrote: || I am using excell and woul like have invoiced goods automaticaly || deducted from inventory spread sheet. Should't you mark goods allocated on processing of orders? Invoicing is a monetary function, not an inventory one. -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

How do you indicate in a manuscript where to place a sidebar?
I have been told that someone needs to place a symbol in a manuscript that indicates where a sidebar should be placed. I don't know how to do this. Can anyone help me? Hi 61934 (61934@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have been told that someone needs to place a symbol in a || manuscript that indicates where a sidebar should be placed. I don't || know how to do this. Can anyone help me? Go to Insert > Symbol. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

shipping charges should be added to cost automatically
There should be a way to divide the cost of shipping by the quantity received of any item and added to the cost of the product automatically. ...

Year end Inventory adjustment
Closing year end. We're using GP8.0 and FIFO periodic. We need to update Standard vs. Current Costs? Does GP make the G/L entry for the inventory adjustment automatically or is it a manual entry? We ran the routine in the TEST company and our G/L changed but we can't find an entry to account for the change??? We have looked in the 2006 and 2007 books and nothings there. Please help!!! In the Inventory Year End close window there is a checkbox which will allow you to update you item standard cost to the current cost. This does not produce any kind of journal entry. All it ...

Place actual selection name in table instead of ID #?
I have a CBO that places the companies ID in my table instead of the actual companys name. I know this is how it is suppose to work but I need it to place the actual name that the user selects into the table. How is this done I know of a way? In that case you have to change the field in the designated table because initally you would store a number and now you want to store text. So change the field to text and then change the bound column of the CBO to 2 (which is probably the field which shows the name). This way you can still use the combo but it will store the name in the table (as...