Inventory Batch not printing

The client has been running Dynamics v10 for about a year and now we cannot
print an Inventory Batch from the 1 company.  All other companies including
Fabrikam it works but not the main company.  we have tried creating a new
batch, running checklinks but without success.  We have tried different
workstations.  All the reports are selected in the Posting settings window.

We select the inventory batch to print from the batches window, click on the
print button and nothing happens.  If we try print from the Inventory
Adjustment window the same thing happens

any Suggestion would be grately appreciated

0
Robinv (41)

Fist guess.....have you looked at Named Printers to make sure there is
nothing there stopping printing?

Second..what actually does happen when you try to print a batch?  And what
report are you trying to print?

Third...If you post the batch, do you get the posting journals?

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Robinv" wrote:

> The client has been running Dynamics v10 for about a year and now we cannot
> print an Inventory Batch from the 1 company.  All other companies including
> Fabrikam it works but not the main company.  we have tried creating a new
> batch, running checklinks but without success.  We have tried different
> workstations.  All the reports are selected in the Posting settings window.
>
> We select the inventory batch to print from the batches window, click on the
> print button and nothing happens.  If we try print from the Inventory
> Adjustment window the same thing happens
>
> any Suggestion would be grately appreciated

0
info4071 (3004)
7/9/2008 8:38:28 PM
Hi Robinv
You sound like you are trying to print an unposted Inventory batch - are you
absolutely sure that in the Posting setting window that you have a tick in
the 'Print' box next to 'Inventory Transaction Edit List' for the Origin
'Transaction Entry'?
That's worth a re-check first.
Regards
Sheila

"Robinv" wrote:

> The client has been running Dynamics v10 for about a year and now we cannot
> print an Inventory Batch from the 1 company.  All other companies including
> Fabrikam it works but not the main company.  we have tried creating a new
> batch, running checklinks but without success.  We have tried different
> workstations.  All the reports are selected in the Posting settings window.
>
> We select the inventory batch to print from the batches window, click on the
> print button and nothing happens.  If we try print from the Inventory
> Adjustment window the same thing happens
>
> any Suggestion would be grately appreciated

0
Sheila3743 (257)
7/9/2008 8:41:02 PM
Hi there

Yes I have checked it a few times and it is definitely marked.

"Sheila" wrote:

> Hi Robinv
> You sound like you are trying to print an unposted Inventory batch - are you
> absolutely sure that in the Posting setting window that you have a tick in
> the 'Print' box next to 'Inventory Transaction Edit List' for the Origin
> 'Transaction Entry'?
> That's worth a re-check first.
> Regards
> Sheila
>

> "Robinv" wrote:
>
> > The client has been running Dynamics v10 for about a year and now we cannot
> > print an Inventory Batch from the 1 company.  All other companies including
> > Fabrikam it works but not the main company.  we have tried creating a new
> > batch, running checklinks but without success.  We have tried different
> > workstations.  All the reports are selected in the Posting settings window.
> >
> > We select the inventory batch to print from the batches window, click on the
> > print button and nothing happens.  If we try print from the Inventory
> > Adjustment window the same thing happens
> >
> > any Suggestion would be grately appreciated

0
Robinv (41)
7/10/2008 7:51:01 PM
We do not have named printers.  The batch is not posted.  When we click on
the print button, the mouse changes to an hour glass and back to a mouse
pointer again.  We are trying to print the edit list

I do not want to post the batch in case the posting journal does not print

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:

> Fist guess.....have you looked at Named Printers to make sure there is
> nothing there stopping printing?
>
> Second..what actually does happen when you try to print a batch?  And what
> report are you trying to print?
>
> Third...If you post the batch, do you get the posting journals?
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Robinv" wrote:
>
> > The client has been running Dynamics v10 for about a year and now we cannot
> > print an Inventory Batch from the 1 company.  All other companies including
> > Fabrikam it works but not the main company.  we have tried creating a new
> > batch, running checklinks but without success.  We have tried different
> > workstations.  All the reports are selected in the Posting settings window.
> >
> > We select the inventory batch to print from the batches window, click on the
> > print button and nothing happens.  If we try print from the Inventory
> > Adjustment window the same thing happens
> >
> > any Suggestion would be grately appreciated

0
Robinv (41)
7/10/2008 8:07:00 PM
Hi Robinv

Are you on the latest SP - build 10.00.1061?
Is there something unique about this batch versus other batches - e.g. how
many transaction lines in it?
If you extract the contents via Smartlist and send the details to Excel -
does the data look uniform or can you perhaps spot something strange there
for this one batch?
Are you sure that you don't have another screen print report in the
background that you haven't closed out of?
Do you even get to the 'Report Destination' screen?

Just some things to check.
Sheila

"Robinv" wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Yes I have checked it a few times and it is definitely marked.
>
> "Sheila" wrote:
>
> > Hi Robinv
> > You sound like you are trying to print an unposted Inventory batch - are you
> > absolutely sure that in the Posting setting window that you have a tick in
> > the 'Print' box next to 'Inventory Transaction Edit List' for the Origin
> > 'Transaction Entry'?
> > That's worth a re-check first.
> > Regards
> > Sheila
> >

> > "Robinv" wrote:
> >
> > > The client has been running Dynamics v10 for about a year and now we cannot
> > > print an Inventory Batch from the 1 company.  All other companies including
> > > Fabrikam it works but not the main company.  we have tried creating a new
> > > batch, running checklinks but without success.  We have tried different
> > > workstations.  All the reports are selected in the Posting settings window.
> > >
> > > We select the inventory batch to print from the batches window, click on the
> > > print button and nothing happens.  If we try print from the Inventory
> > > Adjustment window the same thing happens
> > >
> > > any Suggestion would be grately appreciated

0
Sheila3743 (257)
7/10/2008 8:22:01 PM
Sheila has some good suggestions...to add to them...can you open the batch
and step through the transactions?  Are they complete and as you expect them
to be?  Does the number of transactions on the batch header reflect the
number of transactions you step through or show in the Smartlist?  Have you
tried running Check-links and Reconcile on the inventory?

--

"Sheila" wrote:

> Hi Robinv
>
> Are you on the latest SP - build 10.00.1061?
> Is there something unique about this batch versus other batches - e.g. how
> many transaction lines in it?
> If you extract the contents via Smartlist and send the details to Excel -
> does the data look uniform or can you perhaps spot something strange there
> for this one batch?
> Are you sure that you don't have another screen print report in the
> background that you haven't closed out of?
> Do you even get to the 'Report Destination' screen?
>
> Just some things to check.
> Sheila
>
> "Robinv" wrote:
>
> > Hi there
> >
> > Yes I have checked it a few times and it is definitely marked.
> >
> > "Sheila" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Robinv
> > > You sound like you are trying to print an unposted Inventory batch - are you
> > > absolutely sure that in the Posting setting window that you have a tick in
> > > the 'Print' box next to 'Inventory Transaction Edit List' for the Origin
> > > 'Transaction Entry'?
> > > That's worth a re-check first.
> > > Regards
> > > Sheila

0
info4071 (3004)
7/11/2008 5:43:01 PM
Hi there

Thank you all for your suggestions.  I managed to solve the problem by
reinstalling the client on the Terminal Server.  I cannot explain it right
now but I suspect that another application was installed that caused a
problem.

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:

> Sheila has some good suggestions...to add to them...can you open the batch
> and step through the transactions?  Are they complete and as you expect them
> to be?  Does the number of transactions on the batch header reflect the
> number of transactions you step through or show in the Smartlist?  Have you
> tried running Check-links and Reconcile on the inventory?
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Sheila" wrote:
>
> > Hi Robinv
> >
> > Are you on the latest SP - build 10.00.1061?
> > Is there something unique about this batch versus other batches - e.g. how
> > many transaction lines in it?
> > If you extract the contents via Smartlist and send the details to Excel -
> > does the data look uniform or can you perhaps spot something strange there
> > for this one batch?
> > Are you sure that you don't have another screen print report in the
> > background that you haven't closed out of?
> > Do you even get to the 'Report Destination' screen?
> >
> > Just some things to check.
> > Sheila
> >
> > "Robinv" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi there
> > >
> > > Yes I have checked it a few times and it is definitely marked.

0
Robinv (41)

If/then to print text.
I want to use a formula so that when a value over zero is put into one cell, a line of text prints in another cell. I know it is an if then function, but I've forgotten the exact formula and the way to encode the text message in the formula. Shadyhosta wrote: > I want to use a formula so that when a value over zero is put into one cell, > a line of text prints in another cell. I know it is an if then function, but > I've forgotten the exact formula and the way to encode the text message in > the formula. Try this: =IF(A1>0,"print this text","prin...

Cannot print Shaded fonts
I'm pretty sure I've done this hundreds of times, maybe in older versions of Excel, but when I pick a greyscale shade for font colors, the printer prints and preview shows it as black 100%. Windows XP pro, Excel 2002, HP laserjet 4 Can't seem to find any setting that is preventing this. Thanks, Buddy G Hi Buddy, applies per worksheet: File, Page Setup, Sheets, turn off Print Black & White Also look at disability option Q320531 -- OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed, Incorrect/missing colors may occur with use of High Contrast under Displa...

Looking for a method to print only those worksheets that the user has entered data into
Hi everyone I have a workbook that has 7 worksheets un-hidden. Of those, each has a limited number of cells that are un-protected. Each sheet prints to a single page. The user can enter data on one, some or all of the sheets. Is there a short-cut method that would allow the user to (at a single click) print all of the sheets that have user-input data and not any of those that are left 'blank' TI rp Hi not possible without VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "rpw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:732719CD-1559-4CD1-B0...

Printing set up
I've got a 28-column spreadsheet that I want to print landscape on legal size paper. I've set the print area to the exact size of the spreadsheet & set all the margins to zero. Under Page Setup I've set the scaling to Fit To 1 page wide by 1 page tall. With these settings I'd expect the spreadsheet to fill the page. Instead there are large margins all around. The spreadsheet could print significantly larger, but I cannot make it do that. How can I make the spreadsheet fill the sheet (be as large as possible?) Thanks, Dave I have had this kind of problem occasionally ...

Print an entire folder of messages
I save my messages in folders..I would like to print an entire folder without having to select one message at a time..there are alot of emails in there and it would be quite time consuming. thanks -- Rick Folders within Windows Live Mail or user created folders in Windows Explorer ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:207E46C7-C7F2-4EC5-A752-4D01E100F0D7@microsoft.com... > I save my messages in folders..I would like to print an entire folder > without having to select one message at a time..there ...

Printing Business Cards #4
How can I print my business cards to Avery template 8371 from Publisher? You push the print button - I would think. What other reason why they give you a print button if they did not intend you to use it. Your post is about as intelligent as my reply - hopeless to useless. What version of Windows and Publisher are you using? What size are Avery 8371. Are they 85 x 55mm which is the standard size for business cards? -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. Hi Chuck G (anonymous@discuss...

Changing printed image size
I'm new to Publisher 2007. I'm trying to make a simple ad to put in a newspaper and have used "The Works" template in Advertisements. I used custom size and changed it to 3"x3" to fit the publications 3"x3" ad layout size spec. When I print the ad the printed image is only 2"x2". What am I doing wrong and how do I get the printed image upsized to 3"x3"? Thanks! -- Jake ...

macro: save w/ new name and print
Hey, I assigned a macro to a button in my worksheet on the basis of som advice that I got in this forum (see macro below). The macro saves the current workbook on c:\ and gives it a new filenam with a date/time stamp. However, I want the macro to do the following additional things now: -Save the file in the current directory, without me specifying tha path in the macro -Also include first and lastname of user (contained in cell A1 and B1 in the filename. Also, I want a second version of that macro which -prints a specified sheet (called "output") while/after closing. Any help ...

Problem print an email
My brother can not print our emails. he is using Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180 and i am using Outlook 2000, SP-3. I am the only person he gets email from that will not print. my format is Plain Text, and it is just words--no pix, nothing special. i assume there is something on my end which keeps him from printing. can someone help me out?? thanks, ron Please insert an E between the n & t, to reply via email. rondi <rdiehl@sandpoint.nt> wrote: > My brother can not print our emails. he is using Microsoft Outlook > Express 6.00.2900.2180 and i am using Outl...

document prints out negative in pub after save
When I change a document in publisher and save it , the document prints out in a negative print Have you checked your printer settings? Do you mean just black, grey, and white or literally dark instead of light and light instead of dark? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Lilly 1" <Lilly 1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FF25F67-F647-47FE-973D-E5E7023491F8@microsoft.com... > When I change a document in publisher and save it , the document prints > out > in a negative ...

why does print preview in publisher black & white for color image
If I print preview color images in pub 2007,sometimes it comes up black & white and sometimes in color. anybody else have this issue? ...

How do I disable the advanced printing features permanently?
Everytime I print an document, the information comes out backwards (mirror image) of what I entered. I've tried disabling the Advanced Printing Features but it always defaults to mirror image. I can't see how that would be an Excel issue. I would think a printer issue. From where do you access the Advanced Printing Features? On my HP Photosmart printer I access through Printer Properties. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:48:04 -0800, Dolores <Dolores@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Everytime I print an document, the information co...

Need VB code to batch convert xlr files
Anyone have some VB code suitable for use with Excel 2003 that can used to batch convert a folders worth of wlr files to Excel worksheets (xls)? Thanks, Bill "Bill" <billstan...@psln.com> wrote... >Anyone have some VB code suitable for >use with Excel 2003 that can used to >batch convert a folders worth of wlr >files to Excel worksheets (xls)? XLR meaning Works files? Can't be done in Excel since Excel can't read Works files. If Works can save in any Excel XLS file format, you'd need to save these XLR files as XLS files in Works. You'd need to u...

Preventing a file from being printed?
Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 in work and have a file that I need to post on the network, but don't want people to be able to print the file. Does anyone have any ideas? I apologize if this is not the proper forum for this question. Thanks, Mike You might be able to stop the users from doing a print, but I bet any suggestion would involve macros and/or events. And macros and events can be disabled and that suggestion wouldn't work. There's no good way to stop printing in excel. Michael Slater wrote: > > Hi, > > I'm using Excel 2003 in work and have a f...

Test Inventory
Is there a way to mass delete the inventory used in the test database? Or do I delete the data base? If deleting the database, will all of the modifications used to setup the store be deleted as well? Bill, You didn't mention if its stuff from the RMS Sample database or an empty one. Click the link for the RMS Sample one, you must have access to CustomerSource; http://tinyurl.com/bd39l -- * "Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:133FF970-8516-4BAC-B72A-7C744800BAF9@microsoft.com... Is there a way to mass delete the inventory used i...

Printing comments
Is there anyway to printout all comments on a worksheet? Hi JimA! File > Page Setup > Sheet Tab Select the Option for Comments. But rather strangely, this option doesn't seem to be available if you go to Setup through File > Print Preview > Setup Sheet Tab -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia Public Holidays Saturday: Bosnia-Herzegovina (Petrovdan); Canada, Northern Ireland, and Eire (Orangemen's Day); Kiribati (Independence Day); Malaysia (Birthday of the Yang di-Pertua Negi Pulau Pinang); Micronesia (Micronesian Day); Sao Tome & Principe (Indepe...

deleted payable transaction or batches
I am wondering if GP keep the history of deleted payable transaction or batches? if it does, in which table i can find this information. thanks No, once it's deleted, it's gone from the tables. What are you trying to accomplish? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com We have an application that exports invoice transaction to GP. Our application indicates that it has been successfully exported to GP but we couldn’t find them in GP. So wondering if someone deleted the transaction in GP. Thank you. "F...

Include Row number to print
Hi Expert, How could I include the row number in my printing? Thanks for your help. One thing more, Can I copy the row number only to another sheet? "Rechie" wrote: > Hi Expert, > > How could I include the row number in my printing? > > Thanks for your help. The ROW() function will return the row number. =ROW() will always return the current row number =ROW(A5) will return the row number of the referenced cell (5 in this case) on another sheet you could use something like: =ROW('First Sheet Name'!A5) which would return 5 also. &qu...

can you print your address book with photos?
I want to print a directory for the members of a club and wanted to include a photograph, but I cannot figure out how to add the photo that I already have in their contact information into the booklet. No, the photo does not print. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll:...

printing labels
I can print word and excel documents, but when I go to print a full page of labels I can't. My printer shows a meesage to add paper when I all ready have paper. have you tried to remove the paper from the printer before printing labels? then simply feed the printer with the label paper when it asks. -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner - @hotmail.com ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen ...

customer on hold should get warning on recurring batch posting
If a customer is put on hold after a transaction for it is saved in a recurring batch, the system will still let the user post the batch without any warning. Please include the GP functionality to get a message prompt or warning that the user is posting a batch that includes transaction(s) for batch recurring. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion ...

Printing column area
I would like to print a column area in repeated pages (not the whole column). Any ideas? It's not totally clear to me what you're asking. But if it is, how do you limit the print area to a specific range, first select the range and then use File, Print Area, Set Print Area. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Well that is how to print a certain range but what I am asking is that I want a certain part of the column to be repeated in all the pages. By clicking Page Setup/Sheet and ticking the option "columns to repeat at left" it takes the whole column and not a part of it. I just wa...

Can i print copy numbers?
At my job we must print copies of databases and keep track of them. We only print 100 copies at a time. Is there a way to make it automaticly put "1 of 100" or "copy 1 of 100" in the footer?? You could run a little macro: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim iCtr As Long For iCtr = 1 To 3 '100 when you're ready With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.RightFooter = "Copy " & iCtr & " of 100" .PrintOut preview:=True 'false when you're ready End With Next iCtr End Sub I used 1 to 3 and pri...

Inventory #4
The item shows 4 in stock 4 available 0 allocated 0 everything else. When I try to put 4 on a sales order it shows 4 in inventory 3 available; I found 1 at another location I have run inventory reconcile, 0 errors on the report. There no other sales with this item on an order, only on a quote. This is where it gets odd. I varianced the 4 items into stock. ( I have a printout it says 4) where would I look to see where the missing item would be? Thanks, Pat -- P McCarthy Dear, Did you validate the site? The item may be distributed on two sites, one holds the three pieces and another one ...

Printing