Inventory Adjustment with Lot Number

How do you remove a quantity from inventory for an item that uses lot
numbers. Currently the Stock Status reports shows a quantity of 167 but it
should say zero. I tried doing an inventory adjustment and I had to create a
new lot number. It posted through ok, but when I check the Stock Status
report, the item is still there showing 167. I'm stumped.
0
Shelleyb57 (10)

bump

"Shelleyb57" wrote:

> How do you remove a quantity from inventory for an item that uses lot
> numbers. Currently the Stock Status reports shows a quantity of 167 but it
> should say zero. I tried doing an inventory adjustment and I had to create a
> new lot number. It posted through ok, but when I check the Stock Status
> report, the item is still there showing 167. I'm stumped.
0
Shelleyb57 (10)

Can I disable this automatic number advance thing?
I'm talking about dragging a cell's contents to a cell below it by using that little plus sign in the corner, and it automatically advances a number in the cell (or date in this case) to the next higher one. It can be handy, but can I turn it off? Thanks. If you right-click and drag, when you release the mouse button you'll ge a popup that allows you to choose Copy cells (or Fill Series, etc). Depending on your version of XL, you may also get a "smart button" that allows you to modify how the fill is done. In article <9BE06129-7579-4ECB-9374-BABBD541B0A9@micro...

how to add auto complete number in excel
Hi All, Please i need your help to do the auto number in excel as following: if I write for example in Cell 5 and second cell 10 the result will be automatic in cell A1:E1 as following 5 6 7 8 9 10 and if I write in cell for example 550 and second cell 556 the result will be 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 Automatic would require VBA. Manually select C5:C10 after the two numbers are entered. Edit>Fill>Series>Linear>Step Value of 1 and OK Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 08:14:02 -0700, M.K <MK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > &...

Inventory posting for new year before running year end?
Hello, What happens if we post inventory transactions for new year without performing year end for 2008? Thanks, MS When you close inventory for 2008, beginning quantities are updated. If you've posted 2009 transactions, they will be included in the 2008 beginning quantity. There are a handful of inventory reports that use the Beginning Qty field, such as the Inventory Turns report. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Thanks Frank... Did you mean to say the posted transaction will be incu...

Exact number of digits in a cell
Sorry to post simple question in this forum but I need to use a function key to check if the correct number of digits are in a cell. I presume it would work such as 6 digits entered True, 4 or 7 False. I have tried a number of books but am struggling a little. Help very much appreciated. Roger You can use the len function to return the # of characters in a cell. i.e. =if(len(a1)<>6,"You entered the wrong # of characters","You entered the right # of characters") ----does the following if a1 does not equal 6, says you entered the wrong # otherwise says you en...

Re: How to adjust monitor screen in Windows 7?
How to adjust my monitor screen in Windows 7 - 64 bit version? My 22 inch LCD resolution setting is 1600x1024, but what should be a circle on the screen appeares as an vertical oval. What solution can mend this inconvenience. Many thanks for your help! Janine "Janine" <jiffy@live.nl> wrote in message news:33F5378F-FCF4-45F1-9127-3E0F277A8EF0@microsoft.com... > How to adjust my monitor screen in Windows 7 - 64 bit version? My 22 > inch LCD resolution setting is 1600x1024, but what should be a > circle on the screen appeares as an vertical oval. Wh...

sorting numbers #4
i have a simple sheet that basically consists of name, ip address, and then other columns obviously when i sort by ip address the .1,.2,.3,.4,.5, etc get sorted in between the higher numbers ie: 99 100 1 101 102 and i have to manually move them i cant seem to see how you can sort within a column if the above makes sense :) -- adetorry ------------------------------------------------------------------------ adetorry's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29151 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=488723 See: http...

Limit number of characters in a cell
Hi, Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a cell. I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't want them to be more than 35 characters. Thanks for the help Dr. Senji Take a look at Data|Validation. You can have excel yell at the user when they hit enter after typing in a too-long string. Dr Senji wrote: > > Hi, > > Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a > cell. > > I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't > want the...

Counting consecutive numbers in a list
I'm looking to take a list of twenty numbers and count the number of times in that list two or three consecutive numbers appear in it. Any ideas? Can you post some sample data and let us know what result you expect? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Wiseguy91" <Wiseguy91@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA5AD186-5CD1-4028-B0CA-111B7E67A110@microsoft.com... > I'm looking to take a list of twenty numbers and count the number of times > in > that list two or three consecutive numbers appear in it. Any ideas? ...

Change a positive number to negative number
I have a column of positive numbers that I need to change to negativ numbers. Is there an easy way to do this? Right now I manualy make th change. Thank you, Pa -- patowen ----------------------------------------------------------------------- patowens's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2456 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38155 patowens, put -1 in an empty cell, copy that cell, select the numbers you want to change, right click and paste special, check multiply, OK. -- Paul B Always backup your data before tr...

Equation Numbers, inserting field
I have a list of equations in a word document that I need to add a reference (the first equation in the document will be equation A, the second will be equation B, etc. When I get to equation 27 it needs to be AA, then 28 will be AB...) next to. However, I will be adding other equations randomly throughout the document and referring to the equation reference in text paragraphs. I would like to have both the equation reference and the text paragraphs to update if I add an equation to the middle of the document. I know I should use a field code and cross reference it in the tex...

Supress Scientific Numbers??
Hi ... Is there any way to get Excel to not display numbers in scientific format?? To force it to display 1.86E+08 as whatever the number really is?? Thanks, Sam Hi Sam Have a look at Format / Cells/ Number -- Michael Mitchelson "Sam" wrote: > Hi ... > > Is there any way to get Excel to not display numbers in scientific > format?? To force it to display 1.86E+08 as whatever the number really is?? > > Thanks, > > Sam > > > What "the number REALLY is"!!! if X=1.86e-3 then that is what x reallly is. The decimal sy...

How convert Numeric number in words
Is there any easy formula or way to convert numeric values in words? For example in cell A1 there is an amount 19549. How could it will be automaticaly converted by a formula in cell B1 as Ninteen thousand five hundred and forty-nine. Please give me an easy answer because i am not a programmer but just an excel user. Imran Murtaza There is no direct function to convert this. For a VBA solution check out the below links http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Jacob "...

Custom Format on 16 Digit Number
When I try to format a 16 digit number into 1111-2222-3333-4444 the last number is displayed as a "0". How do I get the last number to display correctly? -- Neil Excel's precision for numerical entries is 15 decimal digits. You can either format the cell as Text before entering the number (including the dashes) or precede the entry with an apostrophe (which will not show in the cell) In both cases, it is not a number for Excel anymore, it is text. Probably, that is what you require as well -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Neil&q...

number of lines on a word document
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I want to produce a long, double-spaced document with the same number of lines on each page, not one that flips to a new page if the end paragraph is too large to fit. Can anyone help? Maintaining a constant number of lines per page is dependent on at least 2 factors: 1- Using the same font & font size throughout, & 2- Turning off Widow/Orphan control in Format> Paragraph - Line & Page Breaks. Due to the proportional spacing considerations of modern word processing -- which is more closely akin to typesetting than typewr...

Counting number of words in a sentence and highlighting or commenting
Hi, I found some old code, from Helmut of Bavaria I believe, that is supposed to find long sentences in a document: Sub test002() Dim rDcm As Range ' the documents main story range Dim oWrd As Object ' a word Dim oSnt As Object ' a sentence Dim oPrg As Paragraph ' a paragraph Dim lWrd As Long ' a counter for words Dim lSnt As Long ' a counter for sentences Dim lPrg As Long ' a counter for paragraphs Set rDcm = ActiveDocument.Range For Each oPrg In rDcm.Paragraphs lPrg = lPrg + 1 lSnt = 0 For Each oSnt I...

Credit Card Transaction Numbers
Is it possible to have the credit card transaction numbers which print on the receipt for each day start at 1. As it is currently they continue to climb even afer settling the batch. Shoeshiner wrote: > Is it possible to have the credit card transaction numbers which print on > the receipt for each day start at 1. As it is currently they continue to > climb even afer settling the batch. Well, I'mnot sure if I'm thinking of thesame thing you are talking about, but the only transaction number that I know of displaying on the receipt is the internal RMS Transaction Number. ...

How can I count the number of months between 2 dates?
For instance, I am trying to compute how many months are left in leased equipment contracts. I have a spreadsheet with the ending dates for all the individual contracts. What I would like to be able to do is to calculate the number of months between now and the end of the contract. I appreciate any help. Thanks Tom One way: =DATEDIF(TODAY(), A1, "m") In article <DCBFA6A3-A4D6-4AAB-ABFE-5C4659CECED9@microsoft.com>, Tom Bradstreet <TomBradstreet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For instance, I am trying to compute how many months are left in leased &...

Counting the number of times more than 1 variable occurs
I need to determine how many Separations were processed by a particular salesperson. A | B 1 MIKE | SEPARATION 2 MIKE | LEAVE 3 SARA | SEPARATION 4 JOE | SEPARATION 5 JAMIE | LEAVE 6 MIKE | LEAVE 7 JOE | LEAVE 8 SARA | SEPARATION The only way I can think of is the COUNTIF Funtion *COUNTIF(-range,criteria-)* =COUNTIF(A1:A8,(A1:A8="MIKE")*(B1:B8="SEPARATION")) This does not work though. The results return 0 with no errors when the answer should be 1. does anyone else know of a wa...

Inventory Starting out
I am trying to get my inventory to zero in all the qty fields how do i do this? Hi Pac, there are many ways you can do that i.e. Using the Physical Inventory option, using the inventory Wizard or Administrator program. I am writing below the inventory procedure using the sql script. 1. Go to Store Administrator and connect to your database click ok also 2. Go to Query Menu and click new 3. Write the query in SQL command windows UPDATE ITEM SET QUANTITY=0,QuantityCommitted=0 4. and click on > button this will make zero quantity. Now if you how we can do this using the physical invento...

formatting numbers in cells
Hi. I tried to format a group of horizontal cells by going to format celss, then entering the following: number, 2 decimal places, $ sign and then (2,184.10). I clicked on okay. What I ended up with was the correct formatting in the last cell, and the rest of them have #### in the cells. Can someone tell me why this happened and how to correct it? Thanks! one reason for #### is that the cell isn't wide enough for the format specified. Try widening the columns. In article <2ee201c40087$e561bfb0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Mary Jo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Filling cells in between pairs of numbers
Hello all, I am trying to find an easy way to fill in cells in between pairs of numbers each of which is exactly the average of the pair's difference averaged by the number of these cells greater than the previous. So I have 1 1 2 3 4 8 5 6 7 8 20 9 10 12 13 14 15 45 I want: 1 1 2 3.333333333 3 5.666666667 4 8 5 11 6 14 7 17 8 20 9 23.57142857 10 27.14285714 11 30.71428571 12 34.28571429 13 37.85714286 14 41.42857143 15 45 I know I can do a Fill, Series, but then even with a macro that does a "control shift up fill series enter",...

Removal of 100's of spacing in numbers
I want to be able to use the replace command, but it won’t find the spaces for me. When I copy tables with numbers from various sources, I get spaces inside and after the numbers. E.g. “1 234 “ I know the use of SUBSTITUTE and other functions, but it is not an effective way of working when there are so many columns. I have tried to change the cell format to text, but still no luck in finding the spaces with the replace command. Might be some other character. Place your cursor between 1 and 2 and copy Select the columns with numbers Press Ctrl+H In the Find box press Ctrl+...

Print Report Through Lot
Hi Allen, I have a database name Transfer Deed & I have a form in which I’ve to give data for fields. Deed No. Shares Distinctive No. From Shares Distinctive No. To No. of Shares (Difference of above) I’ve a report also on before open the report a popup form occurs & ask for Deed No & Lot which represent data above what I want know that before open the report it open with lot of nos. provided for example. Distinctive No from is = 500 Distinctive No to is = 1000 No. of shares is = 500 And lot provided on popup form is 100 then 5 pages report of 100 each...

Automatic Numbering #4
Is there a way to automatic number a spreadsheet? For instances... if I were to start on column A and row 2 with number 1, would this be possible to continue numbering going down the spreadsheet? Please assist. Javster. you could grab the fill handle, the little black square in the bottom right hand, right click and drag down and fill series or put = A2 +1 in A3 and copy down -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "J...

Phone Number Formatting 04-18-04
Is there any way to apply formatting to fields, such as for phone numbers? Thanks Emma you cannot format phone numbers etc in the standard product. We may see more functionality that would allow this (perhaps more scripting options) in a later release of microsoft crm "Emma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b1a01c4259c$3f0a9300$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to apply formatting to fields, such as > for phone numbers? > > Thanks > Emma ...