Intercompany/Database allocation

We have two related companies in two separate GP databases.
Is it possible to use fixed allocation to allocate costs among the two
company/database?

Also, for the allocation, is it possible to set up the allocation in a way
like a template, without puting in the specific distribution/natural accounts.

0
kka1 (16)

Buttons have stopped working in my Access 2007 database
Thisis my first database in Access 2007, it is in a .accdb file which is linked to tables in an online SQlServer database as well as having local tables. I have imported most of the forms from an earlier Acces 2002 database configuring them to new data sources as neccessary. All this has worked satisfactorily in this development phase until quite suddely the buttons have ceased responding on all my forms. Their function is mostly to open up forms but they do other things as well. The buttons open up forms through using a click event to run code in Visual basic. I am wondering if I ha...

Problem with Access 2002 after changing an enabled database with Access 97
I (or better Microsoft Access) encountered a problem when I open an Access 97 database that was already enabled for Access 2002 but has been changed afterwards with Access 97. I want to know, if I got it wrong, that it should be possible to change a database (with Access 97) that is already enabled (for Access 2002)? I can always recreate the problem like this: 1. Create an empty mdb with Access 97 2. Open it with Access 2002 to have it enabled (i.e. no conversion) 3. Open it with Access 97 again and add a form (no functionality, just an empty form) 4. When I now open this file with A...

Jet database engine could not find the object <error> ?
John Spencer, thank you for your finding about this error. I hit the same error when I was trying to use java's JDBC-ODBC bridge to connect to a DBF file. I changed my file name from 12 characters to 8 characters and it worked! Thanks again. ...

SQL Server 2008
What is the 'proper' way to allow a user to backup/dump a SQL database directly to his desktop? Thanks Blake (blake.duffey@gmail.com) writes: > What is the 'proper' way to allow a user to backup/dump a SQL database > directly to his desktop? And SQL Server is running on some central server? SQL Server needs to have access to the user's disks. That may not be a good thing. The best is probably to backup to some common area, and then the user can pick up the backup from that place. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Lin...

Determine the drive letter of BE database...
I have an mde that accesses a back end mdb. Using VBA...how can I determine the network drive letter of that back end database? You can get the path by the following sql. Then you can parse out the drive letter. SELECT MSysObjects.Database, MSysObjects.ForeignName FROM MSysObjects WHERE (((MSysObjects.Type)=6)); "ambushsinger" wrote: > I have an mde that accesses a back end mdb. Using VBA...how can I determine > the network drive letter of that back end database? ambushsinger wrote: >I have an mde that accesses a back end mdb. Using VBA...how ca...

corrupt database or corrupt database element
having a problem with exchange server 2003 on win server 2003. Veritas backup exec is reporting a corrupt database or corrupt database element when it is trying to backup a particular persons email box. The offending email it mentions is in the INBOX and has a subject of (about 20 box (ascii char)) re: outlook 10 I dont believe that the database is actually corrupt but i do believe that this email is some sort of spam/garbage email that now is lodged in the inbox. Through outlook or the OWA you can not find/see this particular message. Is there a way to get into the individual's email...

Move database
Hi, I happen to follow the knowledge base article 917948 for moving the SQL Server database for SQL Server 2005 in the same domain. I was able to point System DSN step(took Full backup and restored) as well to the new sql server. But when I try to configure the Microsoft Deployment manager step with the new server name, it gives a message saying "No Microsoft CRM databases were found on this server". After half a day's of struggle, I figure out that in SQL error Log there is an error message saying "Login failed for user 'Domain\Administrator' Client: [IP Add...

export the database schema?
Is there any way to export the database schema from our Microsoft CRM 3.0 version? We'd like to be able to look at 4 of the customizable entities, and see how they are laid out - - the different attributes, the data type of each attribute, the description of the attribute, etc. Just a basic Excel spreadsheet would be great. But so far, I can only get this information by manually going through each entity, and typing out each attribute and its relevant information. There's got to be a better way. Any help? Thanks in advance. Hi, Have you try to go to this page? http://[YO...

Database Recovery Tool + specifc problem #2
Please point me to a "simple" document or reference for using the Exchange 2003 Database recovery tool. I have looked at the Microsoft document which is available, and it is not practical in my limited experience for my purpose. I also have a specific problem I am struggling with. I have a problem where my log files and database references are out of sync. I have tried all the ese and Integrity tools, but nothing here is helpful, apart form telling me my mail store files are not corrupt . As far a I can ascertain my database is actually fine, and "Clean" but because of ...

SQL DataBase Name
1. How can i get current company Database name(to which user is logged on) in dexterity (sanScript code)? 2. How to add code or attach focus trigger before/after save button, of save changes message box that pops up on window close? 3. What is the purpose/significance of Dex_Row_ID? Regards Hi, 1. You can use 'Intercompany ID' of Globals to get the Company DB Name. 2. Use the Trigger_RegisterFocus() function to register trigger. Help is available in Dex Help file... Syntax Trigger_RegisterFocus(anonymous (qualified_resource), focus_type, attach_type, script processing_proced...

FileSystemWatcher and syncing database with changes
I’m creating an application (just started) with a front end (GUI) and backend (database). The database will be populated with file related data populated from the FileSystemWatcher. I want to discuss the database design and how it relates to the files and their paths and how information is obtained via FileSystemWatcher. Since folders usually contain multiple files, I thought it would be a good idea to have a file table and a folder table. Since file names (without path) may not be unique, I thought using an integer as a primary key would work well especially if the file ge...

Multiple Storage Groups and Databases
I would like input regarding the pro's and con's of using multiple storage groups and multiple databases within those storage groups. We currently have (1) exchange server hosting 100+ mailboxes and is currently 50GB's in total. We want to upgrade to a new box and Ex2003. We are ready for the migration, however want some feedback on the storage issue. Here is what we were thinking????? 3 Storage Groups (named by location/function) then database broken down by department within those storage groups any comment would be greatly appreciated. My comment is that if you are goin...

Offline database synch issues
All, I am having major issues getting the offline database to synch up with the live system. The synch speeds through way too fast (only about 1-2 sec) and when I go offline, I have no Items, no Tender Types, no anything. Here is what I have done: Took the machine I intend to use offline and disabled the Windows Firewall, uninstalled AV, and created a blank database using the RMSdb.bck file in SO Admin. The user logged in is an Admin but I still granted the user full permissions in HLKM/Software/Microsoft/Retail Management System/Store Operations/POSUser. Configured the offlive and...

Networked Database
Hello, I'm working on a very old Access database that is now on a network for multi-users to access. I want to update a tables, forms, queries, etc. but I am not able to. If a template form is changed and its showing up on one computer, why don't the other computers see the change in the template? Thanks, =) smlchi22, Maybe because the database was split and they all have their own front ends? Chances are you are updating a form in a single front end. To update multiple front ends see... http://www.autofeupdater.com/ -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Acc...

MFC DAO Database Close Exception
We have an issue with our VC++/MFC 7.1 application that uses a Jet (Access) database. We are using the MFC Dao classes to access the database. Some of our customers have experienced an intermittent issue closing the database. We were able to track this down to the CDaoDatabase::Close method with the dump files sent to us by the users, but we have not had any luck reproducing the issue or finding the cause of the issue. The exception that is thrown is an access violation and it occurs in the line of code marked below. Does anyone have any suggestions? // Disconnect connection void ...

Corruption on 2002 / 2000 database showing "blank" objects
Database created in Office XP, used by clients with Office 2000 (database is saved as 2000 format). warning: it's a multi-user environment -- including replication. After few days of usage, the database loses some of the macros and seems to display several empty or blank objects that did not exist previously. Once clicked on receive "object does not exist error". This also appears sometimes in the Reports area, too. Any thoughts? Although Office XP can/does use Access2000 format files, there seems to be a difference depending on which Access it is run under, and that is...

How To Prepare An Access Database For Shared Use?
Right out of the box (immediately after Access installation) if I create a table and form for data entry will multiple data entry people be able to share this form? Do I have to first prepare the database in some manner to be shared? Are Access databases exclusive by default? "David Portwood" <Mondrogan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:4622d703$0$9953$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > Right out of the box (immediately after Access installation) if I create a > table and form for data entry will multiple data entry people be able to > share this form? Do I have to fir...

Convert Access database to web accessible
A couple of years agao I wrote a database with FE/BE which about a dozen people are using for data entry and reports. They have asked me if I can put it on the internet. Is there a way to convert a FE database to something you can use on the web? They have a secure site to put it on. I haven't a clue as to know even where to start. I have Access 2003 and 2007 available for this. yeah.. change it to SQL Server and then use the existing business logic in order to then use DreamWeaver to build a frontend On Apr 20, 10:17 am, "M Skabialka" <mskabia...@NOSPAMdrc.com&...

ESE Event 217 -4001 Error, Can't backup database after eseutil /d
Hi, Had to do an eseutil /d today to reclaim space but now can't do an online full backup. Think this is my problem but can't get hold of anyone to get the hot fix. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889528 It is kind of urgent as we have a DR test the day after tomorrow and for it to be successful I need a full backup (well I'd like one anyway but it will help for this exercise!). Regards, Paul paul@donovan.net Paul, I am having the same issue (exchange 2003 sp1)..did you get a fix for it? I ran the isinteg after the eseutil /d and it indicated 4 errors (in the middle, ...

Inventory Reconcile/Allocation Problem
Last week I posted a manual Inventory Adjustment to correct the on hand quantity of an item; I wrote off 196 pieces. No problem at the time, bin showed 0 qty, qty available 0, and qty allocated 0. Then I ran an Inventory reconcile on Friday night - now this item has a bin named AUTOCREATE, with a qty of 0, qty available of -196, and qty allocated of 196. Item stock inquiry indicates the same; 0 on hand, (196) available, and 196 allocated. There are no sales orders or manufacturing orders requiring this item. Any ideas why the Reconcile threw this out of balance? Don, Do you use Se...

Large Database???
My database is currently 255mb...in a period of basically 5 months. I'm not sure how good this is or what...should I delete all of my old reciepts/transactions, or will that do nothing for the database file size? I run a convenience store with currently 4500 items, and growing, with a customer total of roughly 200 per day. What is the max number of items I may be allowed? Also I have heard that supermarkets have been using RMS and if so, there list of items / transactions should surpass mine by a heck of a lot. Is there something I need to be concearned with, or am I over re...

Invalid Database
I am running a small network (3-5 clients) with 1 POS lane. Each of the other computers has the RMS software installed. The master database is located ont the same computer that runs the POS. Here's the problem: When I test the database conncetion through Administrator Config. on any other computer, it says "Connection to the database is made but the database appears to be blank or not a valid Store Operations database." I don't understand how the database could be invalid if the POS is able to run from it. Secondly: When I try to open Store Operations...

Database files
Im hopeing someone can explain this. We have an exchange 2003 machine acting as the smtp relay machine on the internal network. This machine holds no user mailboxes (or public folders for that matter), and yet the priv.edb file is 6GB in size and growing. The maint reports that there is only a couple of hundered MB free space within the database. SO how has all the space been taken up? I know i could quite simply delete these files after a dismount but i would like to know why the space is being taken up in the first place. Cheers in advance Any other software (like A/V etc) is runni...

Database-Query and AutoFill??????
Hi, In an Excel 2003 table there are 2 coloumns that contain values, which are also contained as values in an ODBC-database. In the third coloumn I'd like to have further values, that belong to the values of coloumn 1 and 2. These values should come from the database. There for I made a query (Data, import external Data, new query ....) with two parameters, which I've linked with the first two cells. This works fine in the first line of the table. Is there any possibility to complete the third coloumn using AutoFill, so that I get the value that belongs to the values of coloumn 1...

rms database blank
Good evening, I want a RMS 2.0 (created with latest sp if possible) beucase I would to write a .NET library to manage rms db from external software. I have only rms 1.3, our partner now don't send sp from 1 year .. thank you cod ...