Intercompany capability where companies are setup as different da.

Ability within Great Plains to do intercompany entries for current year and
historical year when you have each company setup as a different database.
0
tkyle (2)

Re-install a database/company after deleting the DB in SQL EM.
Can anyone list all the tables that need to be cleaned out if a company database is deleted in Enterprise Manager before the company is deleted in GP? I have mistakenly done this and would like to clear everything out and set up that same database name again. No backup yet as it was a brand-new migration database ( a poor excuse I admit) that had the migration run on it. Thought we had it by clearing out the related company entries in the SY01500, DU0000xx, SY40500, SY40502? and a few more tables, but the new company setup still bombs on the very last step of the SQL setup (loading d...

Dimensions difference between Publisher and PDF
When I convert a document from Publisher into PDF, using acrobat Distiller, there is always a slight shift between the original document and the PDF when I print it. For instance, if I have a 22 mm left margin in my Pubblisher document, I'll never get the same, printing the PDF. How can I configure Acrobat in order to respect the exact dimensions of the original document ? What is the difference in the measurement? Is the whole document shifted one way? Whose Postscript driver are you using to create the PS file? This is more likely a problem with the Postscript printer driver and/or...

Same CR report with different databasename
I had create a lot of report in myTesting server. the SQL server named 'SQL-001' however, my client's SQL server is another name , now, I can't preview the report after publish the web.app to it server, Any simple method to solve it ? I don't want to re-write all the report under their server. Thanks a lot Hi Sze, Based on my understanding, you are facing the problem to get the data from the client SQL Server after you publish the report to the server. If I have misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know. A simple way to solve this issue is...

install different versions of vista
i have a Vista Home Basic 32bit disc, and the product key on my dell inspiron 530 says Vista Home Basic OEMACT...does this mean i have a oem disc? and if so can i still use it to install a different version of vista for example ultimate? i try to boot from it, but it never gives me the option to select my os or enter a product key. justin071894 wrote: > i have a Vista Home Basic 32bit disc, and the product key on my dell > inspiron 530 says Vista Home Basic OEMACT...does this mean i have a oem > disc? Yes. > and if so can i still use it to install a diffe...

Outlook Client Setup 03-13-06
Hello, I'm setting up(from scratch) and updraging the laptop client for laptop CRM 3.0, I'm facing 2 problems: 1- The web client is installed onbthe following URL httpo://crm. The web clinet is working flowlessly. When I speciiy this url during the setup or upgrade, the setup doesnt detect the crm server knowing that when I user internet explorer it works fine 2- when I run setup(2 cases), and intallation is checking the technical requirments it doesnt start, meaning that it stops while checking for operating system? Thankx for ur help 1. You could try adding that url to the Intr...

saving the same file in different places at a time
hi, i have an excel file in one system when i update this file, is it possible some range of cells in this file to be saved in the different system also how do i give a link to the other file? appreciate, if anyone could help Sounds like you want to paste a link so that the cell will update every time the other cell gets new info... To do this, say you want to link cell A1 to cell A7...click on cell A7 and click copy...Go to cell A1 and click paste...Then (if you have Excel 2003), click on Edit/Paste Special/Paste Link and you now have youe link...The "Paste Link" Button ...

EFT NACHA File and EFT Setup widow
Hello: There is not much good documented info on how to set up the Payables EFT Setup window in regard to the NACHA file that is provided by a bank. So, let me ask some questions here if I may. I wish I could say that I could get these answers from the bank. Unfortunately, their consultant does not know. "Originating Bank"--Is this the ABA # or the actual bank name? "Transit Rounting Number"--Is there a space in front of the number here? "Bank Company Name"--Is this the actual name of the bank? On PartnerSource, there is an Excel spreadsheet showing sampl...

Outlook 2002 reply email going from different account
Dear All, I've Outlook 2002 which came with Office XP Pro. I've configured 2 email accounts with different domains. E.g.vikrant@abc.com and vikrant@xyz.com. abc.com is default email and xyz.com is second in order. The problem is that, when I receive an email for abc.com and when I hit reply button the it says "this mail will be sent using xyz.com account" when its supposed to go from abc.com. But it does'nt do the same thing for xyz.com. i.e. when I reply to a mail received to xyz.com it goes from xyz.com account itself. I've tried everything from formatting t...

Does batch recovery result in different transaction source values?
We have a situation that we can't explain. Here are the facts: 1. User posted a Receivings transaction batch comprised of 37 different receipt transactions. 2. In the G/L, transactions #1-32 have a ORTRXSRC value of 'RECVG00001854', a TRXSORCE of 'GLTRX00037046' and an ORGNTSRC of 'RECVG00001854'. 3. In the G/L, transactions #33-37 have an ORTRXSRC value of 'GLTRX037046', a TRXSORCE of 'GLTRX00037047', and an ORGNTSRC of 'GLTRX037046'. Note the slight difference (one less zero) in the TRXSORCE and ORGNTSRC values compared to transacti...

Setup Error Message
I have just downloaded An update to the online Help files for Microsoft CRM 3.0 was released July 5, 2006, Article 921467. I am running Vista Buiness edition. When installing this updte I am getting this error message Setup Error Not enough storage is available to process this command. Installation did not complete Anybody have a work around for this issue? Thanks ...

How do I share Outlook (mail) between different Users in Win XP?
I have done this for a couple of years using Outlook Express, but can not figure it out in Outlook. I want to share Outlook with multiple Users in Win XP. (Using the same email address for all users). Any suggestions? Just configure Outlook in a way that each user has access to the same data file, find your pst file and move it to a place where each user is able to access it, then use file/open at each user account to open the file. Configure the email account for all users. Thomas Quester www.olfolders.de "aebarney" <aebarney@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im...

Interest-Only mortgage setup
How do I setup a mortgage account in Money where only the Interest and Escrow is paid out monthly, nothing goes towards the principal. Money has the P&I joined together without a way to separate the two. It will always calculate as though the principal is getting a portion of the payment. I have Money '03 Deluxe. If it can't be done in '03 is it possible to setup these types of loans in '06? This can be setup in M03. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=160. "ltrox43" <ltrox43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD182779-61F3-4A56-97...

Business Management Error Move CRM 4.0 Database to Different Machi
Hi, I have backed up a CRM 4.0 _MSCRM and MSCRM_Config database from one machine and restored both on another machine ( Which had been useing a test database). After restoring both databases on the new host I used the Deployment Manger to import the restored database. After completing the import when I attempt to open CRM I get an error message saying " Business Management Error The user ID associated the current record is not valid" From the server where I'm logged an as Administrator On client PC I get the following. Server Error in '/...

Lost the capability to print from file to send to onenote?
I lost the capability to be able to send something to onenote from the print to menu. It happened once before and for the life of me I cannot remember what I did that time to get it back. I tried repairing microsoft office ultimate from both disks, I've did to separate system restores and it is still not showing up in the print menu that I can send to onenote. Can anyone help me with this problem? LOVEABLKWN wrote: >I lost the capability to be able to send something to onenote from the > print to menu. It happened once before and for the life of me I > cannot re...

How to trace changes made to Posting Setup
for some reason, we have to grant acess to few users on Setup > Posting > Posting. But for support reason, we would also like 'trace' who is making changes to the setup. anybody has any advice how to trace this? thks There is a tool from Rockton called the Auditor that will do this for you. "HFLo" wrote: > for some reason, we have to grant acess to few users on Setup > Posting > > Posting. > > But for support reason, we would also like 'trace' who is making changes to > the setup. > > anybody has any advice how to trace th...

office oputlook 2003 email acct setup error
I am getting a 553 Authentication is required to send mail as <email address> error when I try to send an email. I can't get a test email to be sent w/ email actt setup. I have all updates, but my ISP says I need a an update or patch. Please help. ...

Outlook 2003 crashed when setup to use Cached Exchange Mode
I am experiencing a problem with several client users using Microsoft Office Oultook 2003, they try to setup the Cache Exchange Mode (Offline feature), but when they try to send a new message Outlook crash, and the program is close. Is there is a fix for it? The Mail system that we are using is Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2003 as a mail client. Any ideas or fixes it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Hector Mena wrote: > I am experiencing a problem with several client users using Microsoft > Office Oultook 2003, they try to setup the Cache Exchange Mode > (Offline fea...

Create SplitterWnd with 2 different documents
I've looking some samples of SplitterWnd, but they all refers to one child-one doc-multiple views. I need something like one child-multiple docs-one view per doc. Has anybody seen something like this before? Is it possible to be done under Doc/View architecture? Thanks a lot for your attention and help Alvaro Palma wrote: > I've looking some samples of SplitterWnd, but they all refers to one > child-one doc-multiple views. I need something like one child-multiple > docs-one view per doc. Has anybody seen something like this before? Is it > possible to be done under Doc/...

Creating a new company #2
Hi GP experts. I am trying to create a new company through GP utility v9. In the additional task window I don't see "creating new company option from the drag down box, any ideas? I login as sa Thanks Hi Mecn It sounds like you are on a work Station that does not have the SQL folder. To create companies you client needs to the server installation. If you login to the server you will probably have no issue. You may also want to try copying the SQL folder from the server to you local installation (Place it under the GP folder) and then relaunch untilities and you will prob...

View of Excel form is different on different computers.
A common form being shared on the network displays differently on different computers. We have varying versions of Office with different windows operating systems. The form views fine on the Windows 98 system with Excel 2000. All of the other systems are newer with Windows 2000 or XP using equal or newer versions of Excel. They show the form displayed with all of the columns squeezed together. Is there a way to make the form view the same on all computers regardless of operating system and Excel version? You've partially answered your own question - the more disparity between ...

FRX Balance Sheet
I have the following scenario: Multiple companies (different databases) in different currencies with different financial year periods (i.e. one ending 31 Dec, others ending 30 June). I have sucessfully done a group PL using the rollup basis on dates option - but this option is not working for my Balance sheet layouts. i suspect it is related to my YTD logic. Has anyone else successfully done a group Balance Sheet in the same scenario? ...

4 different axis in chart ?
Hello, for a particular analysis I would like to use all 4 axis with different label. Is that feasable, and if so, how can I tackle the task? Thank you in advance! Kind regards, H.G. Lamy H.G. Lamy - For an example of an XY (Scatter) chart with four axes titles, browse to www.MikeMiddleton.com, and download the "MultipleAxesScientificChart" workbook. It was created using Excel 2003 SP3. For chart-related questions, I suggest microsoft.public.excel.charting, and be sure to mention your version of Excel. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com &...

Queries returning different formats
Hello, I have cut and paste the same expression from a query to another, however when i do this it changes the format of the information returned. In the inital query it returns (Hours:Minutes) perfectly, expression is "LOS (Hours:Mins)": (EDMain!EDDischargeDate+EDMain!EDDischargeTime)-(EDMain!EDPresentationDate+EDMain!EDPresentationTime). When I paste it, it returns a decimal value (which I presume is the way access formats time), and adds '[]' to the expression i.e. "LOS (Hours:Mins)": ([EDMain]![EDDischargeDate]+[EDMain]![EDDischargeTime])-([E...

Setup new acct question...
I am trying to add a new bank account in 2004. When it comes to assigning a FI I am only given the choice, in a drop down list, of the accts that have previously been set up. How do I manage to get a new bank name assigned? tia In microsoft.public.money, John h wrote: >I am trying to add a new bank account in 2004. When it comes to assigning a >FI I am only given the choice, in a drop down list, of the accts that have >previously been set up. How do I manage to get a new bank name assigned? AccountList->SetUpAccounts->AddANewAccount and type the name of the bank int...

CRM Setup 01-21-04
I have installed Microsoft CRM on a Windows 2003 Server with SQL Server 2000 SP3a. I am able to get the User Manager Wizard to open, however, when I try to add a license to a user, the program tells me that I do not have the proper permissions. I am logged on as the administrator on my server, and SQL and ther CRM Server are both sitting on my Windows 2003 server. I do not have Exchange installed...could this be the problem? When I try to use the CRM through Internet Explorer (http://localhost) I just get a 401 error. Am I doing something wrong? Are you running CRM v1.0 or CRM...