Integration Manger version 8 (fixpack 4) performance

I recently upgraded a version 7 Great Plains installation to version 8,
including the Integration Manager. One of the sales order transaction
integrations used to take about 45 minutes for 800 transactions under version
7 using the SQL Optimized adaptor. Now it takes five hours! I tried using
both the version 7 and version 8 SQL Optimized adaptors, which are provided
with Integration Manager version 8. Both were equally slow.

Is there something different about the version 8 Integration Manager that
should make it run so much slower? Is anyone aware of any tips and/or tricks
to glean some more performance out of the version 8 Integration Manager? We
do not want to jump to Great Plains version 9 yet. Thanks in advance...
0
Adamic (1)

In experimenting with some tweaks to the version 8 Sales Order Transaction
integration, I found that the problem seems to lie with the source rather
than the destination. We are using a two-level source, consisting of invoice
header and and invoice item Microsoft SQL Server tables. When I merged the
two, the integration runs blazingly fast, but then we only get on sales
transaction item per source invoice item. The reason we need the two levels
is to create the sales transaction based on the input invoice header, with
each invoice item becoming a sales transaction item. Any thoughts?

"Stuart Adamic" wrote:

> I recently upgraded a version 7 Great Plains installation to version 8,
> including the Integration Manager. One of the sales order transaction
> integrations used to take about 45 minutes for 800 transactions under version
> 7 using the SQL Optimized adaptor. Now it takes five hours! I tried using
> both the version 7 and version 8 SQL Optimized adaptors, which are provided
> with Integration Manager version 8. Both were equally slow.
>
> Is there something different about the version 8 Integration Manager that
> should make it run so much slower? Is anyone aware of any tips and/or tricks
> to glean some more performance out of the version 8 Integration Manager? We
> do not want to jump to Great Plains version 9 yet. Thanks in advance...
I upgraded from version 7.5 to version 9.0.  Before the upgrade, I was
running RM Cash Receipts integration and it was running at .6 documents per
second (I thought that was slow then).

Now, it is running at .1 documents per second.  I am no longer able to
integrate all of our cash receipts in a given month, so if anyone finds a
solution to this problem, I would be most grateful if you could share it with
the group!

Thank you,
Greg
--
Greg DeBacker

"Stuart Adamic" wrote:

> In experimenting with some tweaks to the version 8 Sales Order Transaction
> integration, I found that the problem seems to lie with the source rather
> than the destination. We are using a two-level source, consisting of invoice
> header and and invoice item Microsoft SQL Server tables. When I merged the
> two, the integration runs blazingly fast, but then we only get on sales
> transaction item per source invoice item. The reason we need the two levels
> is to create the sales transaction based on the input invoice header, with
> each invoice item becoming a sales transaction item. Any thoughts?
>

> "Stuart Adamic" wrote:
>
> > I recently upgraded a version 7 Great Plains installation to version 8,
> > including the Integration Manager. One of the sales order transaction
> > integrations used to take about 45 minutes for 800 transactions under version
> > 7 using the SQL Optimized adaptor. Now it takes five hours! I tried using
> > both the version 7 and version 8 SQL Optimized adaptors, which are provided
> > with Integration Manager version 8. Both were equally slow.
> >
> > Is there something different about the version 8 Integration Manager that
> > should make it run so much slower? Is anyone aware of any tips and/or tricks
> > to glean some more performance out of the version 8 Integration Manager? We
> > do not want to jump to Great Plains version 9 yet. Thanks in advance...

numbering #4
Is there any system of 'outline numbering' in Excel? Hope i'm not asking for too much! -- Dr. Sachin Wagh MBBS, DHA, DPH Nothing as easy as the outlining within MSWord. Typing the numbers is one way (not very appealing). Using a formula based on the values in the other cells may work--if you can pickout something that would indicate the level--not very nice, either. Dr. Sachin Wagh wrote: > > Is there any system of 'outline numbering' in Excel? Hope i'm not asking for > too much! > -- > Dr. Sachin Wagh > MBBS, DHA, DPH -- Dave Peterson ...

Alternative to Calendar Control 8.0
I noticed that the Active X Calendar Control 8.0 control is not currently installed on my machines at work, and for now I am assuming that I will NOT be allowed to install it at my highly secure workplace. (I couldnt find it anywhere in the "Additional Controls" area) So.... Does anybody have any bright ideas on how to implement something similar to a calendar control?? I just want an easy way for my users to select a date. Right now we are simply typing a date in a target cell, but I thought it would be nice if we could select dates in a more flexible manner. The...

=?Utf-8?Q?Why_doesn=E2=80=99t_Microsoft_Market_Mon?= =?Utf-8?Q?ey_heavily_as_it_does_their_othe?= =?Utf-8?Q?r?=
I've used Money for sometime now and have been reasonably happy with it. My question-why doesn't MS market Money as it does their other products? The advantage of this to customers would be that a higher sales means more bug fixes, more online banks, and more features, etc. With Money being somewhat relatively 'unknown' to the world, I wonder if one day MS might end up pulling it off the market because of competition....just something to think about... They used to spend megabucks marketing it by comparison. I think they've discovered that the demand is inelastic ...

SSL #4
I want to be able to enable SSL for Outlook Web Access. What is the best way to do this? It really depends upon yoru environment, and what resources you have. How many exchange servers? How many internet gateways? What is the anticipated user load? You can expose a front-end server behind a proxy. for example, if you have multiple exchange servers. Or you can expose a single server through a firewall, if you only have one server..... "gmckinley" <gmckinley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A4C10A6-2C28-4A1A-A52D-35EF55526E7B@microsoft.com... &g...

EFT For Receivables Management GP V. 8.0
Hi, Does anyone know if GP v 8.0 has an option for extracting an EFT for cash receipts? Our clients want to pay directly from their bank account every month but our bank only accepts EFT file types. thanks, ...

resources #4
We have serveral resources that we use to book conference room etc.... Starting last week one of them does not show up as a resource anymore. When you go to you calendar and try to schedule an appointment, then go to invite attendees, in the display choose resources, one of my resources does not show up anymore. It is in the GAL, just not as a resource anymore. Any ideas? has someone who had permissions to it changed anything on it? You might want to logon to that mailbox and see if it's still set to accept/reject meeting requests... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "news.microsoft....

Business Portal 4.0 & GP 10.0 Smartlist
Hi, Is there a way to use our GP 10 smartlists in the query sections of Business Portal 4.0 ? I've look at the Business Portal query builder and I don't think you can use SQL (in this case I could have extract Smartlists SQL). You have to used predefined entities. Maybe I get it wrong ? Thanks in advance for any help ! Richard, Thanks for using the newsgroups. You are correct. You need an entity for querying in Business Portal. Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties...

"This Operation Cannot be performed"
After I exit Money 2003 and choose to back it up to the harddrive, I get a message "This operation cannot be performed". The backup operation appears to work ok. What does this mean? Tough to say. Try reading http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. "John Smith" <lonchaney@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:StnAb.158649$Ec1.6188337@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > After I exit Money 2003 and choose to back it up to the harddrive, I get > a message "This operation cannot be performed". The backup operation > appears to work ok. What does this mea...

Canadian version??
I just bought MS Money 2004 the "Canadian" version, however all of the banks that are listed in the program and that can be accessed are American, as well most other things are American (spelling, the way that a debit card works in the US as opposed to Canada, ie: more like a cheque). Can anyone tell me what is Canadian about this version or did I get the wrong one? Thanks. Susie in BC In microsoft.public.money, Susan wrote: > Can anyone tell me what is Canadian about this >version or did I get the wrong one? The basis for stocks will be the average basis rather tha...

if function only lets me do 8 ifs
ok here is my scenario.... i want to make a drop down menu for all of my material on an estimate sheet... if i click on one of the materials on the menu i want the 4 columns of info that are related to that product to appear where my drop down is .. ie... material, price, price with tax, price per square foot... some other people tried to help me witht his earlier but one way didnt really apply to me and the other was too advanced for me to understand so i tried this using the if function and i got something like this.. first i made a table on the same sheet with all the 4 columns lets say...

Outlook and ActiveSync #4
I bought a new PDA and am having an issue with Outlook and MS ActiveSync. I have a few add-in's (Acrobat, MapPoint and a custom email stationary program) that do not load when I boot the computer and open Outlook. Turns out, ActiveSync is opening Outlook in the background not allowing the add-ins to load. I have to go to Task Manager, stop Outlook, open Outlook to get my add-ins to work and then start the sync. So now, I have turned off sync (but it still looks for changes, thus still opening Outlook in the background), and have to go through this process every morning or every t...

CRM 4 on SBS 2008
Hi, Can MS CRM 4 Workgroup edition be deployed onto a SBS2008 Standard installation? Thanks, Alex Hi Alex, I am not sure about SBS2008. Here's what I found on some of the MS materials. Since Windows 2008, it's consider Windows Server Code Name "Longhorn" so I guess it will work. "Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Workgroup. This version is limited to five or fewer users. It can be installed on Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition, any of the supported Windows Server 2003 editions, or Microsoft Windows Server Code Name =93Longhorn.=94 This v...

CRM International Versions
I understand that in v1.2 that each language must be its own server/db - anyone have any prescriptive guidance or "block diagram" on how these seperate servers "roll up" for Sales Management? Is this handled by the organizational/business unit structures? Also - will the requirement for seperate systems hold true in version 3.0? No multi-lingual support in the upcoming v3.0, although Microsoft says they are committed to doing it some day. Any aggregation of the separate CRM implemenations would have to be done by you, or a third party - likely a data warehouse of s...

Macros failing in different language versions of Word
My company wants to standardize on templates across several countries - we have offices in many countries, but for simplicity I will just talk about UK and Sweden. My problem is that some features in the English version of Word do not work in the Swedish version of Word. For example, StylRef. I use StyleRef in the header margin to refer to "Heading 1" style. The problem is that it is not called "Heading 1" in the Swedish version of Word. It is called "Rubrik 1", which translates back to "Heading 1" of course. In the UK we use many macro...

space #4
i am downloading data from a program and pasting it to EXCEL. there are times when in certain cells a small box appears which I believe represents a space or who is ever entering the data hitting ENTER. Is there a way to remove this from all the cells? Select the import, do edit>replace, put the cursor in the find what box, hold down alt key while typing 010 on the numeric keypad, release alt key; Leave replace with blank or put a space there, click replace all. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "frank" wrote: > i am downloading data from a program and pasting it to > EXCE...

Publisher Question #4
I have created a poster/flyer but when I took it to printer they could not print the size I wanted, 24x30" because they said I needed to increase the size of what I placed on the disc. How do I do that, I have tried all i know I suspect you may have misunderstood what your printer said. What size is your original Publisher drawing? Maybe your design has a different width to height proportion than 24 x 30. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "MsJLee" <MsJLee@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Integration Manger version 8 (fixpack 4) performance
I recently upgraded a version 7 Great Plains installation to version 8, including the Integration Manager. One of the sales order transaction integrations used to take about 45 minutes for 800 transactions under version 7 using the SQL Optimized adaptor. Now it takes five hours! I tried using both the version 7 and version 8 SQL Optimized adaptors, which are provided with Integration Manager version 8. Both were equally slow. Is there something different about the version 8 Integration Manager that should make it run so much slower? Is anyone aware of any tips and/or tricks to glean so...

data validation #4
Hi All trying to implement data validation where the number entered must be 1 greater than the maximum value in a dynamically defined range. e.g. mylist is defined as =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,Counta(Sheet1!$A:$A),1) and i want to say that the value must be a whole number equal to =MAX(mylist)+1 Cheers JulieD Hi Guys solved it ... Cheers JulieD "JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message news:%235lGITXpEHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi All > > trying to implement data validation where the number entered must be 1 > greater than the maximum ...

request to solve my problem #8
I have an MDI application in vc++. In the view i have a splitter wnd in which the top view is CScrollView and he bottom view is CRichEditViw. In the top view i can draw the lines which represent Music. we can change the size of the lines by providing a zoom option with 10 to 200 % in a combobox in the Toolbar. for this i want to implement a feature "Fit Window" which fits the drawing to the visible area only. Please provide me your ideas and help me. i will be waiting for ypur re[ly.hope you will respond to me soon I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for, but it soun...

Microsoft Outlook #8
Hi could you tell me when i send an email from my work with an attachment to my home e-mail address i normally get the message but when trying to open the attachment i get the error 'OE has removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail' Is there any way to scan these attachments or save them to disk before opening as this is quite frustrating? Go to Tools > Options > Security > un-check "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus". Obviously un-checking this could leave you vulnerable. "Neil" &...

Salary USD$4 ten thousand dollars every week #2
Salary USD$4 ten thousand dollars every week Film http://www.probuilderplus.com/htdocs/powerline2.swf We Don't Leave Anything Up to Chance. Just plug into our proven 3-Step Wealth Generation System. 1. No Selling! 2. No Meetings! 3. No Pressure! FREE join than see the website http://favorjean.probuilderplus.com/ I thought it was just hype, but... ...

IE 8,x How do I remove Ask.com Nero Toolbar.?
Operating System Windows XP SP3 ISP Earthlink.net Name: Nero Toolbar Publisher: Ask.com Type: Toolbar Version: 5.5.2.106 File date: Date last accessed: Today, March 09, 2010, 3 minutes ago Class ID: {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} Use count: 16 Block count: 3 File: GenericAskToolbar.dll Folder: C:\Program Files\Ask.com Should I edit the registry and delete the class ID? {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} -- ________ ...

Enter 8 x digit figure to return dd/mm/yyyy (with parenthess)
I would like to type a 8 x digit figure into a cell and on the strike of the enter key the 8 x digit figure would change from 12062004 to 12/06/2004, representing 12th day of June, year 2004. Thanks in advance :) Alan Bartley Sydney Australia Chip Pearson has some code that'll do what you want at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Alan Bartley wrote: > > I would like to type a 8 x digit figure into a cell and on the strike > of the enter key the 8 x digit figure would change from 12062004 to > 12/06/2004, representing 12th day of June, year 2004. > >...

Integration with Encumbrance Management
Would like to be able to pre-encumber requisitions from requisition management and check against the budget BEFORE going to a PO status. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

Quickbooks Purchase Order Integration
How is this working for everyone? When RMS posts the purchase orders over to Quickbooks, does it include the PO# as a reference so they can pay against it? Any tricks to making this work smoothly? ...