Integration Manager Times Out

We are using Dynamics GP9.  My integration uses ODBC connections to
SQLServer2000 views.  I can query the views using the same filters from
Enterprise Manager, and the recordset returns with no problem.  A fellow
programmer accesses the same views for Crystal Reports, and his recordset
returns without any problem.  But my integration times out.

Any ideas?

------=_NextPart_0001_13F2B12B

Hello Caroline,

Please make sure you have Integration Manager 9.0 SP 1 installed.

Next, add the following line to the IM.ini file under the [IMProvider]
section:

CommandTimeout=600

If you still receive the error, increase the number.  600 = 10 minutes.

Thanks,
Beth Gardner
Microsoft Online Support Engineer - MBS Developer Support

from your issue.
------=_NextPart_0001_13F2B12B

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Caroline,
\par
\par Please make sure you have Integration Manager 9.0 SP 1 installed.
\par
\par Next, add the following line to the IM.ini file under the [IMProvider] section:
\par
\par CommandTimeout=600
\par
\par If you still receive the error, increase the number.  600 = 10 minutes.
\par
\par Thanks,
\par Beth Gardner
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer - MBS Developer Support
\par
\par
\par =============================================
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
\par your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
\par from your issue.
\par =============================================
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_13F2B12B--

Beth, thank you for the advice.

We installed the SP and increased the CommandTimeout to 600, and again to
1200! and the IM still times out with the following error:

Status Code:  0X90040010(-1878786032)
ERROR: The query could not be executed.
The following message was returned by ODBC:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired.

So, I looked at the SQLQueryTimout and it is set to the default: 0.  Great!

The funny thing is that the error message returns in 60 seconds, so I wonder
where 60 seconds might be set as the command timeout.  I looked on the domain
controllers where the connections reside and could not find any timeout
properties in the ODBC configs.

I'm researching further.  Any insight is appreciated.

Best regards,

Caroline

""Beth Gardner [Msft]"" wrote:

> Hello Caroline,
>
> Please make sure you have Integration Manager 9.0 SP 1 installed.
>
> Next, add the following line to the IM.ini file under the [IMProvider]
> section:
>
> CommandTimeout=600
>
> If you still receive the error, increase the number.  600 = 10 minutes.
>
> Thanks,
> Beth Gardner
> Microsoft Online Support Engineer - MBS Developer Support

> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
> your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
> from your issue.
------=_NextPart_0001_2C98E20B

Caroline

Try creating a DSN within Integration Manager and edit the connection
string as shown in the example below.  As you can see there is a connect
timeout setting and you hopefully will be able to resolve based on the
example below.

Provider=MSDASQL.1;Command Timeout = 19200;Connect Timeout = 19200;Extended
Properties="DRIVER=SQL
Server;SERVER=servername;UID=sa;PWD=xxxxx;APP=Integration
Manager;WSID=workstationhostname;DATABASE=databasename";Locale
Identifier=1033

Thanks

Paul
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469

Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

------=_NextPart_0001_2C98E20B

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Caroline
\par
\par Try creating a DSN within Integration Manager and edit the connection string as shown in the example below.  As you can see there is a connect timeout setting and you hopefully will be able to resolve based on the example below.
\par
\par Provider=MSDASQL.1;Command Timeout = 19200;Connect Timeout = 19200;Extended
\par Properties="DRIVER=SQL
\par Server;SERVER=servername;UID=sa;PWD=xxxxx;APP=Integration
\par Manager;WSID=workstationhostname;DATABASE=databasename";Locale Identifier=1033
\par
\par
\par Thanks
\par
\par Paul
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down" situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.
\par
\par
\par
\par This and other support options are available here:
\par
\par BCPS: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
\par
\par Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
\par
\par
\par
\par If you are outside the United States, please visit our International Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_2C98E20B--

0
ppearson (4)

New items with purchase order integration
I'm running a daily integration to bring purchase orders into GP using Integration Manager. The source is a text file. It works very well. The problem I have is with new items. When there is an item in the source file that does not exist in Great Plains, I would like the integration to fail or skip the line item. Currently, it brings the item into the Purchase Order as a non inventory item. The document will show the item number and the cost but no item description. Where can I change the behavior for this? Unfortunately, with the users that put non-inventory items on POs Wh...

Portfolio Manager the same old Problem
Hi After opening 2 tickets, number of unanswered emails and waiting for 2 months I still didn't received final respond from MS Tech Support. So much for free support. This is how we leaned ... See problem description below. This problem starts some where around Money 2003. I am thinking about going back from my 2006 version to 2003 or 2004 version. I found a couple of messages on this site, from people who had the same problem. Does any body know for sure, what was the last version that didn't have this problem - 2002, 2003, 2004, so I can try to reinstall it in place of 2006? Pr...

As in GP ver7.5 allow the removal of the SQL user integration
Ver 10 of GP enrypts the user password in such a way that the user can't login using their profile to any other SQL process. Ver 7.5 allowed the detaching of this encryption facility in GP. Removing this ability is a backward step. The ability to detach the GP to SQL user integration should be reinstated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion i...

Time functions #2
Hi, I have to do some time calculations and I have a formula that outputs in minutes and I have to subtract a standard time to this number of minutes. For example, I have 8:00 AM in one cell and 20.68 minutes on an other cell. The output that I am expecting is 7:39 AM. Does anybody know how to bring an output like that by subtracting the minutes? Please help. Thanks With 8:00 AM in A1 and 20.68 in B1, use this formula =A1-B1/(24*60) Why does it work? Because Excel stores time as a fraction of a day. We convert minutes to days by dividing by 24*60 (24 hr/day and 60 min/hr) You could just u...

Formatting cells with Time data
I'm trying to set up my spreadsheet to format my cells to hhmm, but every time I try to enter data into the cells, the system automatically converts the hours I've entered into a date and leaves the time value at 0 any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? Are you entering as hh:mm regardless of the cell format? -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "yimkhoc" <yimkhoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A481A01F-0938-4F38-A93C-F2B9CB0BD34C@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to set up my spreadsheet to format my cells to hhmm, but ev...

Exchange system manager
I have upgraded to exchange 2003 and use a email redirector on a seperate server for mobile device users to receive email. This redirector server has an older version of the exchange system manager. I nned to upgrade this to match the mapi32 profile. I have tried to use the exchange cd and install the support tools but this will only let me install tools for exchange 5.5 How do I upgrade the system manager on a win 2k server to work with win 2k3 exchange/server? Thanks for your efforts!!! When you stick in the E2K3 cd, under the component selection, under System Tools, choose R...

cell data management
is it possible to take a cell with a full name, john bob jones for example and split into 3 cells easily without having to retype the information manually? Data - Text to columns, delimited, use space as a delimiter. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "stumped in atl" wrote: > is it possible to take a cell with a full name, john bob jones for example > and split into 3 cells easily without having to retype the information > manually? Stumped - Check out the Text to Column (under the Data menu). ...

Calculating Time Difference
Hi, I am trying to develop a query where my client wants to track how much time in minutes does a nurse spend in various activities (staff education, patient/family education, answering drug relation questions etc. etc.) to assist nurses in other units. What query type should I use? How do I write the query? There is a start time (when the nurse recieves the call) and completion time (when the nurse hangs up). Thanks Mrinalini <drmrinalini@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176645431.981118.294870@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to develop a query wher...

convert Times New Roman Special G1 into arial
hello. I need to convert a text written with font Times New Roman Special G1, which I downloaded from the internet, into a font availanble in most computers, such as arial. Can you help me please? Thanks a lot. Fabian This newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. I suspect you're asking about how to do this with some other product. I'd recommend reposting to a newsgroup related to whatever product it is you're trying to use. If you are talking about Access, please explain what exactly it is that you downloaded fro...

Run Time Error '1004' Application or Onject-defined
Hi all. I am having a strange problem with the below code in that it produces the run time error when trying to Paste the Selection. However, if I perform the action manually in exactly the same way, as in recording the macro in the first place, it works!? How can I get this to run - it is after all, a really simple code. (Most frustrating) Thanks, Wes. Windows("Transaction_Record.xlsm").Activate Sheets("DETAILED_PMNTS_REC").Select Range("N2077:QV2089").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Windows("AUDIT_TR...

Publisher 97 and date/time print
I am designing an office card using 1997 Publisher. No matter what I do it prints day, month,year and time on every page. I have checked background and there is no text box even there to delete to stop this problem. How can I find and delete? This will be an option of your printer driver. Disable that option and your trauma will be over. -- ...

Getting local Time and date for the local computer(vista OS)
Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get current time and date from the local compuetr. i meet an example in MSDN : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa390423(VS.85).aspx but it looks too long for what i am looking, is there a 1 function API that returns the Date and the time ? thanks for your time Zack >Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), >and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get >current time and date from the local compuetr. >i meet an example in MSDN...

Calculate meeting timings
Hi, I had one requirement. I want to calculate my total meetings time i spent througout the week, month or year. This will help how to manage my time between my work and meeting. Any solution to this??? ...

SQL Server Enterprise Manager
Anybody know how I would go about in loading this ?? It was installed on my PC by someone who no longer works for my company. My hard drive crashed and I had to rebuild everything but I can't find any doc's to re-install the SQL Server Enterprise Manager from M/S online help. You would need the SQL server Installation CD. Install client tools only on your PC. HS "Eddy_L" <Eddy_L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E00D5ED1-B879-4F30-BBB5-C4073182E316@microsoft.com... > Anybody know how I would go about in loading this ?? It was installed on > my...

Deploying Report Manager with SSL leaves Help pages as http
Hi, I have an SQL 2005 Reporting Services box that is firewalled and only accessible via https. Reporting Services are therefore configured to require SSL connections (required for 3- All SOAP APIs). This is working perfectly. Unfortunately, the help pages are still advertised with an http link. This doesn't work due to the firewalls and produces an error message. There is a workaround - the users can manually edit the url in the address bar and then the help pages are accessed fine with https. In other words, IIS is correctly serving the https format, but the Reporting Se...

program loading time
The money 05 loads very slow, I have archived everthing past 90 days but it still loads slow. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, oltexasboy wrote: >The money 05 loads very slow, I have archived everthing past 90 days but it >still loads slow. Any suggestions? Restore the archive as your main file, if you have not gone too far with it since the archive. Archiving did not help your speed appreciably, and you might want to refer to that older data. Consider reducing scheduled bills. Remove accounts from the budget if you think that would be appropriate. Set your start page t...

entering time
Is there a way to set up a cell so that I can type in 1330, and have Excel put in the colon so it reads 13:30 (military time)? right click sheet tab>view code>insert this. As written, works on a1:a100 Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'Ron Rosenfeld <ronrosenfeld@nospam.org> Dim InputRange As Range Dim Temp As Variant Dim i As Integer Dim Separators(2) As String Separators(0) = ";" Separators(1) = "," Separators(2) = "." Application.EnableEvents = False Set InputRange = [A1:A100] 'or whatever If Intersec...

processor time allocation
My app routinely only gets 10 to 30 % of CPU time - the system idle process gets the rest (indicated by windows task manager) My app is multithreaded and has one thread that requires lots of CPU time at 20 Hz intervals. I sleep this thread for an amount of time that would put it at the next 20 Hz interval. My other threads sleep when they are not busy. My 20 Hz thread does not recieve the processor time that it needs - even though the system idle process is taking up 70 to 90 % of the CPU time. If I remove the sleep call from my 20 Hz thread then it hogs all of the CPU time and the s...

after some time sent mail turns as i symbol mail why?
sent mail turns with i symbol in sent items when i' using outlook. why it is happening so and what does it mean? It means you are tracking that email for voting or other purposes. =20 See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Stalin asked: | sent mail turns with i symbol in sent items when i' using | outlook. why it is happening so and what does it mean? ...

Outlook takes long time in new message with word 2003 as editor
Good Day Urgently need help in troubleshooting a problem which is spread among many clients in which Outlook takes long time when you create or reply first message after starting outlook , our clients are windows XP with SP3 and the Microsoft office is office 2003 with SP3 , My machine suffers from this error although i have patched it to the latest updates from Microsoft update , I have Mcafee Viruscan Enterprise 8.5.0i and i have disabled access protection when outlook startes but it did not solve the problem Apprecite quick advice and any troubleshooting tips Ahmedg You mentioned e...

Multiple Instances of Manager Program
Greetings I have a situation where it might become necessary to have multiple people running the SO Manager program at the same time. Doing edits and changes primarily. Has anyone run up against any performance/stability issues under such circumstances. Does this cause any instability problems with the POS frontend also operating at the same time? The reason I mention this is that we did some experimentation with having an MS Access forms app try and edit some data in the Customer table and it would cause the frontend to crash if we were operating on the same record. We we...

How to make Bullen's FilterCriteria() data refresh real-time?
Using XL 2003 & 2000 OK, with help, I was able to utilize Steve Bullen's FilterCriteria() Function. That said, apparently the only way to refresh the data in the display cell is to re-activate the formula by pressing <ENTER> in the Fx Box. Can the display cells be made to refresh in real-time or, second best, by F9? FYI (Background Info): ************************************************************II placed this formula into cell A1: =FilterCriteria(A3) Cell A3 contains the Autofilter down-arrow for column A ************************************************************* Fu...

Workflow Manager cannot start
I'm trying to allow a new employee access to edit workflows. I've copied: Microsoft.Crm.dll Microsoft.Crm.Tools.WorkflowLibrary.dll Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll Microsoft.Crm.Tools.WorkflowManager.exe Microsoft.Crm.Tools.WorkflowMonitor.exe With these files, everything runs fine from my workstation. However, on his machine he gets this error: --------------------------- Microsoft CRM Workflow Manager --------------------------- Workflow Manager cannot start. This could be because the workflow configuration file is corrupted, or the Microsoft CRM Workflow Service cannot access...

Outlook meeting request time off
User A sends User B a meeting request for Thursday at 2:00pm til 4:00pm. User B accepts. The problem is that the meeting shows up on user B's calendar at 1-3. One hour behind. It shows up on User A's calendar at the correct time from 2-4. I checked all the time settings in the OS and Outlook on both computers and they are correct. The only difference is that User A has Windows NT and User B has Windows XP. I try the same test from another user's computer who has NT. Same problem. When the XP user sends a meeting request to the other XP user the time shows up in both of the...

Real time data in visio ?????
I have developed a screen in Visio choosing the Process Engineering category and placed a label on the screen to display the data continously . The data is picked up from the file say c:\test.txt.This file (c:\test.txt)is updated with random data from a simulator program running on the same machine. This program works fine when i run from Visio. The value gets updated on the screen every second. But when i use Visio viewer to deploy my application the application opens automatically in IE 5.0. I am able to view all the screens and navigate also. But my label control does not show any change of...