Integration Manager sorting

I am trying to upload an excel file into GPv9 using IM (sales transaction).
The integration is set up properly and works.

The problem is that the details (line items) of my integration on my
spreadsheet are sorted a,b,c,d, etc.  When I look at the order in GP after
the integration is complete, there is no order to the sorting c,d,b,a etc.

I have gone into source properties and chosen to sort based on the item
field and it still results in the items showing up in a random order (after
testing the same order a few times with various sort orders, it still
integrates using the same sort method ie always c,d,b,a).

Any ideas how IM sorts data? Or, how to make it sort a specific way?

Michael

0
Michael5492 (655)

Rename your im.ini file on the machine that you are running Integration
Manager from and run IM.

"Michael" wrote:

> I am trying to upload an excel file into GPv9 using IM (sales transaction).
> The integration is set up properly and works.
>
> The problem is that the details (line items) of my integration on my
> spreadsheet are sorted a,b,c,d, etc.  When I look at the order in GP after
> the integration is complete, there is no order to the sorting c,d,b,a etc.
>
> I have gone into source properties and chosen to sort based on the item
> field and it still results in the items showing up in a random order (after
> testing the same order a few times with various sort orders, it still
> integrates using the same sort method ie always c,d,b,a).
>
> Any ideas how IM sorts data? Or, how to make it sort a specific way?
>
> Michael

0
klewis6238 (163)
11/22/2006 1:08:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.  Can you explain what to rename the ini file to?

"klewis" wrote:

> Rename your im.ini file on the machine that you are running Integration
> Manager from and run IM.
>
> "Michael" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to upload an excel file into GPv9 using IM (sales transaction).
> > The integration is set up properly and works.
> >
> > The problem is that the details (line items) of my integration on my
> > spreadsheet are sorted a,b,c,d, etc.  When I look at the order in GP after
> > the integration is complete, there is no order to the sorting c,d,b,a etc.
> >
> > I have gone into source properties and chosen to sort based on the item
> > field and it still results in the items showing up in a random order (after
> > testing the same order a few times with various sort orders, it still
> > integrates using the same sort method ie always c,d,b,a).
> >
> > Any ideas how IM sorts data? Or, how to make it sort a specific way?
> >
> > Michael

0
Michael5492 (655)
11/22/2006 2:43:02 PM
Sorry, just rename so you have a backup of it. You want IM to launch without
using the im.ini file.

"Michael" wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion.  Can you explain what to rename the ini file to?
>
> "klewis" wrote:
>
> > Rename your im.ini file on the machine that you are running Integration
> > Manager from and run IM.
> >
> > "Michael" wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to upload an excel file into GPv9 using IM (sales transaction).
> > > The integration is set up properly and works.
> > >
> > > The problem is that the details (line items) of my integration on my
> > > spreadsheet are sorted a,b,c,d, etc.  When I look at the order in GP after
> > > the integration is complete, there is no order to the sorting c,d,b,a etc.
> > >
> > > I have gone into source properties and chosen to sort based on the item
> > > field and it still results in the items showing up in a random order (after
> > > testing the same order a few times with various sort orders, it still
> > > integrates using the same sort method ie always c,d,b,a).
> > >
> > > Any ideas how IM sorts data? Or, how to make it sort a specific way?
> > >
> > > Michael

0
klewis6238 (163)
11/23/2006 4:38:02 PM
The problem is solved, making changes to the .ini file was on the right
track.  Essentially what needed to be done was to change the line in the .ini
file

UseOptimizedFiltering=true to UseOptimizedFiltering=false

Once this was done, everything worked as expected.

Michael

"klewis" wrote:

> Sorry, just rename so you have a backup of it. You want IM to launch without
> using the im.ini file.
>
> "Michael" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the suggestion.  Can you explain what to rename the ini file to?
> >
> > "klewis" wrote:
> >
> > > Rename your im.ini file on the machine that you are running Integration
> > > Manager from and run IM.

0
Michael5492 (655)

Adding a second Manager field to the User record
We have personnel that report to more than one boss. Is it possible to create a second "Manager" field on the User record that performs just like the original Manager field through the standard Customization interface? Hi Robin, It seems like it's possible to make such customization with CRM "internal" instruments. You just have to go to customization area in CRM and open the User entity. The attribute name of Manager field is parentsystemuserid, and you can create similar attribute with lookup type and give it a name something like second manager. Then do the ma...

Requisition Manager
In Business Portal / Requisition Manager the user must indicate the financial account to use for the requisition. This field can only be populated by hitting the spyglass and scrolling to the required account and then clicking select. It would be a big improvement if the user could enter the account directly and have the account validated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow thi...

CRM 4.0 Window Management
Hi Everyone, Particularly with the Web Client - all the complaints I hear from the sales staff revolve around window management, or the absolute barrage of windows they have to deal with when pulling up certain bits of information. Or the confusion that comes from having numerous CRM windows open at the same time. Do any of you have any clever (or otherwise) solutions to this problem? Much appreciated, -ck You could try changing their tabbed browsing settings within Internet Explorer options to open pop-ups in a new tab instead of opening a new window. It doesn't reduce the nu...

Cannot understand how to download Outlook with contact manager
Cannot understand how to download Outlook with contact manager. I have standard Outlook in Office Enterprise 2007. These instructions come from Office.Microsoft.com -- "Volume License customers who purchase Office Professional Plus 2007 or Office Enterprise 2007 may download Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager by visiting the volume licensing services Web site or may request the assistance of their reseller." I don't see any intructions. and use an HP computer with OEM software. It doesn't sound like you're a volume license customer. "tomsha...

default user in "manage full access permission"
I'm trying to see the member of "manage full access permission". For all my users, in my exchange 2007 enviroment, I see that instead of username or group name ther is SID. Is normal? What are the default group or user that must exist? Thank you On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 05:47:31 -0700 (PDT), big <d.digrego@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm trying to see the member of "manage full access permission". >For all my users, in my exchange 2007 enviroment, I see that instead >of username or group name ther is SID. >Is normal? It is if the account's n...

Sorting a Work sheet
Hi there, i have an example sheet here: www.dj-jammy.com/test.xls im want to be able to sort the countries on the left, by who has the highest figures for that month, at the top ,and the lowest at the bottom, but, i want to be able to select which month i want to find out for by a drop down menu; e.g., i select march from my drop down menu, and it sorts the sheet, with canada at the top, and uk at the bottom (and obviously the appropriate ones in between), but, if i then select may from my drop down box, it places poland at the top, and usa at the bottom. How would i do this - im not a pr...

Integration Manager
I received a VB Script to Open a connection and compare the Document Number on the csv and select the DebtorId from GP. We are Using National Accounts and only the Parent Id is supplied by the customer. The problem now exists that you cannot apply to the Document Number as it cannot see the DebtorId. While running a cash receipt integration using the script, the following error is returned: 'DOC 1 WARNING: Apply-To Document 111/SLS is either missing or voided'. In Dynamics the apply to document does exist and it has not been voided. Recent Tech Knowledge Posts indicate that y...

How to use Workflow Manager to convert email into lead
Hello, I would like to set up a process by which emails that come into a certain queue are then automatically used to create a Lead record (ideally using some of the information from the email address to provide first name / last name). Is this possible? JM You have to create a custom workflow assembly for this which calls the Crm Web Service to convert to mail to a lead -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "JM" wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to set up a process by which emails that come into a certain > queue are then au...

simple sorting of zip codes
Hey everyone- I am trying to do a simple sort of around 15,000 zip codes. THe problem is that it wont SORT!!!!! i imported my mail list from a text file(comma delimited) and then tried to sort my zip codes but nothing will happen. The zips are mostly Zip+4 with some regular 5 digits sprkiled throughout. The numbers line up on the left side of the column. I dont know what i am doing wrong... Can anyone help me please... Thanks, BR4 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelF...

Sort (at toolbar) recognizes header row every OTHER time
When I select entire column and click Sort Ascending on a toolbar, the heading row I have is recognized in half cases and is not recognized in another half. When it's not recognized, header row is considered as a data and moves to the bottom of the table. This happen even when I don't change the selection and it remains as entire column. First row is freezed, if it does matter. Data | Sort... seem to work fine, but maybe I didn't give it enough attempts. Any ideas on making toolbar Sort more consistent? Thanks Excel seems to think that a header row must be formatted uniquely. ...

Table sorting and v look up possible &
Hello, Just need some advice with regards to the below. I have 2 tables. The first consists of 1 column of names and several other columns of other details. This table contains the records of people i need to update with details of the 2nd table.... The 2nd table contains 2 columns of the same names but split, with first name being in a separate column than the surname. Then further columns that have more info in. This table has 11000 peoples names in as this data is a simple data dump, opposed to the exact names of the people in table 1 i need. I will use a v look up but after i ha...

Does anyone know a good surveillance system that integrate with RM
Does anyone know a good surveillance system that integrate with RMS? Thanks. I dont think anyone made yet. But If you have two vidio card in your pc and You can try any bnc surveilance system and You need bnc convertor I think It should work. This way you will have everything on screen . "RMS" <RMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A26CF33A-CD9B-4921-8505-DADD938EA57F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know a good surveillance system that integrate with RMS? > Thanks. Check out Smart Connect at www.smartconnect.net "RMS" wrote: > Does...

XP Session Manager Initialization fatal error
ANYBODY WHO HAS THIS PROBLEM! if your XP doesn't start, or reboots constantly. press F8 before Windows starts and select the "Disable Automatic Reboot on System Fail". If you get the blue screen saying "fatal error, Session Manager Initialization failed" and the code "c0000021a", do this : 1. find a way to access to your XP hard drive (for example, from another OS running on the same computer) 2. go to %windows folder%/system 32, and check the crss.exe file! 3. if it's size is above 100kb instead of the original 6kb, and has a 'W'...

display info in portfolio manager columns
I just started using Money 2006, and I have entered a few accounts into the portfolio manager under the investing tab. I have a 401k account entered, with the individual accounts entered under the 401k account. The quantity and market value columns are blank, but if I expand the individual accounts (click the plus sign), the quantity, price, and amount is shown. How do I get this to show up man columns? John ...

Print Integration Log Document Detail
Is there a way to print a detailed integration error log? When integrating a journal entry of a few hundred or thousand line items, a number of accounts (a few or 100+) will error out because the accounts have been added to the production system but have not been added to GP. The accounts that fail show in the "Integration Log Document Detail" screen, but there is no print button. If we try to print from the "Integration Log Viewer" screen, it only prints 1 line under "Document Activity Detail". Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Mark, Send me an emai...

Custom Sorting (Stumped)
I have 2 colums of data. I want to sort colum B by colum C. Th problem is my range is about 70 rows, and in that colum there are 3 consecutive rows in the middle that I don't want sorted. I know could go the long way and do 2 seperate sorts, but I want the sorte data to be applicable above and below the range I don't want sorted. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be great. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe pick up those 30 rows and paste them into a different worksheet. Do your sort (delete those 30 rows if you need to) Insert the original ...

RMS
Has anybody done a GP and RMS integration, we are trying to do so and information we get in GP is not enough for our business model. Thanks ...

Integration Manager vs eConnect
We have two data integration requirements the first is to import data from another accounting solution the data residing in MS SQL2000, the second requirement will be recurring and that is to import AP invoices from a vendor's provided SQL table. Is eConnect or the Integration Manager a better choice? For simple data integrations, I prefer to use Integration Manager since it does not require complex coding and it is a pretty straight forward process. For complaex data integrations, like invoices, orders etc, eConnect is the right tool but it requires tedious coding (I use VB.Net). &...

RMS-GP integration should account for trx with positive/negative
The import integration between RMS thru Headquarters and Great Plains needs to include Store Ops transactions that have bothe positive and negative line items. Currently those transactions fail and have to be manually entered into GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in th...

business contact manager w/ outlook 2003
would really like to sync with pocket pc - any suggestions? ...

how do I sort, cut and copy pictures with cell?
I did select the related option under Tools, Edit it did not work. Also, I selected the picture then clicked Format, Picture and under the Properties tab I selected "move and size" and that did not work either. Thanks. First off, I don't know if you understand this but the pictures aren't part of the cell. They're inherantly floating above it on the drawing layer. Most users don't realize this but for this project it makes a difference. I imported some clip art, made sure I followed the same steps you did, and came to the conclusion that the picture wont move...

Non Traditional Sorting
Hi, I would like to have the results of my report be sorted not by ascending or descending values. I would like more 'important' records to be on the top, with subordinate records listed below it, for instance: Bill - Department Manager Michelle - Secretary Tom - IT Guy Joe - Repairman Alyssa - Driver Bjorn - Driver Sam - Kalee - So some of the records might not have a value, but if i would like my report to sort it in this order (which is clearly far from alphabetical) is there any way to do this? Thank you, Dan To achieve this, you need some way to define the sort order ...

Mails are stuck in QUEUE of SYSTEM MANAGER
hi , i have an exchange 2003(sp2) with windows server 2003(sp1) , i have also SMTP filter installed in another machine which is work as an smart host for my exchange . The problem is that the license of my SMTP filter is ending today so that i have to update SMTP Mannualy . I am getting problem since two days that my mails are stucking in queue when i restart my SMTP filter or exchange then the mails will forward to another domain please tell me whats this problem and it will not giving me any error msg in event viewer please can any body tell me whats this problem Are you trying to u...

Sorting cells with a string formulas
In trying to split addresses which contain both number and street in one cell, I have extracted using these formulas: =REPLACE(B5,1,FIND(" ",B5,1)-1,"") and this one: =LEFT(B5,FIND(" ",B5,1)-1). They yield a number and a street in separate cells. They work great but then trying to sort does not work. Help. Erik (a Word 2007 user) What to you mean by "does not work". What happens when you try to sort? Regards, Fred "Erik" <Erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D377AAD9-D7E1-4971-A8F8-E0C6673E3AEA@microsof...

Integration Manager and PO's and Projects
I installed Integration Manager for GP 10 and when I go in to create a new integration for either PO's or Projects when I click on destination, neither of those two modules are listed as an option. The website is down for the next 3 days so I cannot get my registration keys or load a service pack. Is it looking for one or both of these? No, you're experiencing another issue. Did you install the eConnect adapters? They are required for the PO and PA integrations. I would uninstall and reinstall. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Rich Wheeler" wrote: > I installed Integra...