Integration Manager SOP import shouldn't require SOP setup access

Per KB #896549 users must have access to the Sales Order Processing Setup
window in order to run integrations for sales orders.  Users are not required
to have access to that window to enter sales orders manually.  They should
not have to have that level of access when running integrations.
--
Jim@TurboChef

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7c784fcd-db36-4eed-b3c1-3711d2ae95eb&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
jim.harris (398)

------=_NextPart_0001_04DD746D

You are correct that users do not need to have access to the setup window
in order to manually enter a SOP transaction, but it is required with
Integration Manager.  With Integration Manager's Great Plains adapter,
access is needed to the setup window to gather certain information that is
defaulted on the transactions.

An alternative is to use the SQL Optimized adapter, which does not require
the user to even be logged into, like the Great Plains adapter does.  This
does not run a macro against the UI like the Great Plains adapter so it
does not require a user to be logged in to Great Plains nor does it require
the user to have access to the setup windows.  However, there are some
limitations on what data can be integrated with this adapter.  If you do
opt to try this integration we would suggest reviewing the
SQLOPTProvider.pdf file for restrictions on this adapter.

Corey

Microsoft Online Support Engineer
from your issue.

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?SmltQFR1cmJvQ2hlZg==?= <jim.harris@turbochef.com>
Subject: Integration Manager SOP import shouldn't require SOP setup access
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:50:01 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

Per KB #896549 users must have access to the Sales Order Processing Setup
window in order to run integrations for sales orders.  Users are not
required
to have access to that window to enter sales orders manually.  They should
not have to have that level of access when running integrations.
--
Jim@TurboChef

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en
-us/default.mspx?mid=7c784fcd-db36-4eed-b3c1-3711d2ae95eb&dg=microsoft.publi
c.greatplains

------=_NextPart_0001_04DD746D

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 You are correct that users do not need to have access to the setup window in order to manually enter a SOP transaction, but it is required with Integration Manager.  With Integration Manager's Great Plains adapter, access is needed to the setup window to gather certain information that is defaulted on the transactions.
\par
\par An alternative is to use the SQL Optimized adapter, which does not require the user to even be logged into, like the Great Plains adapter does.  This does not run a macro against the UI like the Great Plains adapter so it does not require a user to be logged in to Great Plains nor does it require the user to have access to the setup windows.  However, there are some limitations on what data can be integrated with this adapter.  If you do opt to try this integration we would suggest reviewing the SQLOPTProvider.pdf file for restrictions on this adapter.
\par
\par Corey
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
\par your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
\par from your issue.
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par Thread-Topic: Integration Manager SOP import shouldn't require SOP setup access
\par thread-index: AcZeaklwZBq/rk68TfGwa2APHMJyKA==
\par X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 207.59.211.138
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?SmltQFR1cmJvQ2hlZg==?= <jim.harris@turbochef.com>
\par Subject: Integration Manager SOP import shouldn't require SOP setup access
\par Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:50:01 -0700
\par Lines: 15
\par Message-ID: <7C784FCD-DB36-4EED-B3C1-3711D2AE95EB@microsoft.com>
\par MIME-Version: 1.0
\par Content-Type: text/plain;
\par \tab charset="Utf-8"
\par Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
\par Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
\par Importance: normal
\par Priority: normal
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.1830
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:27257
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl 10.40.2.250
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par Per KB #896549 users must have access to the Sales Order Processing Setup
\par window in order to run integrations for sales orders.  Users are not required
\par to have access to that window to enter sales orders manually.  They should
\par not have to have that level of access when running integrations.
\par --
\par Jim@TurboChef
\par
\par ----------------
\par This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
\par suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
\par Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
\par link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
\par click "I Agree" in the message pane.
\par
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7c784fcd-db36-4eed-b3c1-3711d2ae95eb&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_04DD746D--

0
cdavidso (3)

[Access 2007] How to edit custom menubar created in Access2003?
Hello, This is my first post to this server, Hello everyone. We're working on a database created by my collegue in MS Access 2003. Since some time we've moved to MS Access 2007. Now we find problems editing the menubar. Each time we want to remove/add/alter a menu item my collegue goes to his MS Access 2003 and changes a menu. In 2007 the full menubar is visible under Add-Ins ribbon menu. Normally there should be a system table USysRibbon, but it is not there. There are only MSys* objects. How can we change the menubar directly in MS Access 2007? Is that possible at al...

QuickSell Import Bug
Hi, I am using QuickSell to import new items in HQ and have encountered a problem. Whilst when adding new items the utility functions properly, when editing existing items and using the Recently Changed mechanism to download data to the stores, items which have been edited using QuickSell import do not appear. Has anyone encountered the same situation and perhaps found a workaround? ...

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

Access 97 can't resize database window

users with restricted access

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Using later version of microsoft access

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

no access to send internet email

What is the technical reason for native mode requirement of the domain?
.... what is the technical reason, why CRM can only be installed in a domain in native mode? Regards, Thomas Hello, It's for supporting group nesting which is used in MS CRM. IMO and as far as I know, it is the only reason for the native AD requirement. HTH. Nicolas >-----Original Message----- >.... what is the technical reason, why CRM can only be installed in a domain >in native mode? > >Regards, >Thomas > > >. > Nicolas Hognon wrote: [...] > It's for supporting group nesting which is used in MS CRM. > > IMO and as far as I know, it i...

Integration Manager
I have set up an integration mapping into the Bank Transaction Entry for GP 8.0. Since there is no option to save a bank transaction entry, it posts automatically when I run the integration, but it does not print off the reports I usually get when I do a manual bank trans. entry (bank transaction posting journal & general posting journal). I was wondering if anybody knows how to get IM or GP to print the reports associated with the entry? Do I have to write a script? Thanks. I ran into the same issue. Boy I wish Bank Trx used batches that would solve this. We just did a repri...

Install that important pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--xzkkhdmcbxymiaud Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vaccmkjzdr"; type="multipart/alternative" --vaccmkjzdr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ggmepcujya" --ggmepcujya Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vulnera...

upgrading from Access 97 to Access 2007
I designed a database (forms, reports, et al) several years ago in Access 97 and it continues to work well. I've just received a MS Office Professional 2007 and wonder if it is time to migrate my data into the new program. I've attempted two or three times to do this in Access 2002 and I keep getting error messages along the line of "...corrupted file..cannot be opened by Access 2002 (or some such message)..." The help radio button opens up a box which suggests I do some programming in Virtual Basic to perform my transfer task. The easy way out, of course, is to sti...

MSCRM Integration for Great Plains
Dear All, Right now I'm trying MSCRM Integration for Great Plains Tool. The issue is how i can integrate primary contact on great plains to contact and primary contact field on account (MSCRM) Please help me Document on how to customise the integration: https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/customer/CustomizingIntegration.doc Other info: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/information/supportinformation/crmintgcustomizations.htm?printpage=false It would be quite easy to copy the text into the Address Contact field on the Account form by modifiying the Biztalk mappings. I ...

Excel and Access
Hi All, I admit I am a complete novice on this aspect of using Excel. My requirement is as follows. I have an Access Database called nt1.mdb on drive D: in which there is one table (Table1) of data, indexed on column1 I wish to connect to this database and search the contents of Table1 for a value in column1 that has been entered into an Excel userform. The values of the other columns in Table1 should be returned if the value is found. How do I connect to the mdb, do the search and read the resulting values from the table? Any help gratefully received. Cheers There's sample ...

Change default export to Excel location
Hi, Does anyone know how I might be able to change the default location for exporting tables, queries, etc. from Access to Excel? It defaults to My Documents, which I can't stand because it forces me to drill down to find the spreadsheet. I'd rather that I could set it to go to my desktop. I've looked in the Access settings and registry, but could not find where to make the change. Any help is appreciated. Tony, Look at the TransferSpreadsheet method (in Help)... using that you can put any path you wish. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)...

Security/ Access Levels
Hi, Can someone please help me with this MS CRM security/ access level question before I go completely mad trying to figure it out? I want to be able to restrict who can access certain account records (e.g. account records for our customers). For example, I don&#8217;t want telesales people to be able to access our customers account records. But I do want to give them access to other account records. I&#8217;ve tried restricting access at a user level and at a business unit level but cannot get either to work. If I set a particular users role to only access account records that they...

Source data, in Chart Menu, is grey and not accessible.
I set up a pivot table and designed a chart, saved and closed out of the workbook. Upon returning to work on this project, when selecting the chart menu to work with my source data, the source data is grey and not accessible. What might be causing this and can I correct it? It's a pivot chart. As soon as it's created, it's linked permanently to the pivot table, and you cannot change the source data. you cannot add more data that's not in the pivot table to the chart, nor can you remove data that is in the pivot table from the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

Access file shares from Outlook
Hi, I=B4d like to add directories or file shares from servers to the mail folder pane on the left side of Outlook. The folders should appear like public folders. Is this possible? Thanks! M. No, but you can add them to the Shortcuts Navigation by simply dragging and dropping the folder from Explorer into Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "maltic" <...

MOP/SOP Links
When you link a SOP to MOP and you do a receipt on that MOP (make to order - manual) - it moves the backorder quantity on the sales order to qty to invoice. That is great, as we have specific SOPs for every MO. Problem is when we backorder, and the ticket is in backorder (since we ship partial tickets at times), and you do a receipt - that receipt is not reflected on a backorder type anywhere to specifically that order. Is this right? or does the MOP/SOP link only work for order and invoice types? Dave You can only create a link between sales order type not from Back Order type doc...

Why can't I re-import a registry file created by RegSaveKey(...) under Win 9x?
Hello: I was trying to save a registry key to a file say, "mykey" with help of RegSaveKey(...) [not RegSaveKeyEx(...)]. The file can be re-imported with "Regedit" under WinXP if it is produced under Win XP. But for the same program running under Win 98/95, the files created under these OSs cannot be re-imported. These files cannot be re-imported under WinXP. Can anyone tell me why? The exerpted code is listed below: .... char szSubKey[_MAX_FNAME]; char FileName[_MAX_FNAME]; long rc = 0; HKEY hKey; sprintf(szSubKey, "Software\Mykey"); sprintf(FileName,...

integrating access with excel formulas
Hi all i'm building upload proccess from excel to access, i need to take some amount from the access and enter it into a formula inside of the excel for example min(amount-5,60) during the upload access programming will exchange the amount text in real amount and will upload the result is it posible to do the folowing: 1.exchange the amount text in the amount from access2 2.to calculate the formula in excel and the sum will be uploaded to the excel 3.still to leave the formula as is in the excel without revising(all changes will be made by the programming and values in access ...

Importing multiple identities from Express to Outlook
Help! I have been able to import everything from my main identity from Outlook Express to Outlook, but cannot figure out how to import from my other identity. Please Help! Thanks! bay157 <bay157@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Help! I have been able to import everything from my main identity > from Outlook Express to Outlook, but cannot figure out how to import > from my other identity. Please Help! Thanks! Make the other identity the main identity and then you'll be able to import that. Remember to export mail mesasges from Outlook Express. Do not import m...