Integration Manager Service Packs not installing

I have installed Dynamics GP on a new PC running Vista, but cannot get
Integration Manager to work.  I was able to install the 9.0 version from the
CD, but I cannot get SP1 or SP3 to install.  At first I couldn't get it to
recognize the .msi file that it wanted to access from the CD.  I finally
copied the CD's .msi file to the Desktop and got it past that step.  Now I
get what must be the latest generation of MS error messages, a mostly white
window with the Title "Error", a red X icon with the words "Unexpected error;
quitting".  The only option is to click OK.  Then the installation ends and
does a rollback (or so it says).  I'm getting this on both SP1 & SP3.
I did see posts that said IM wasn't running on Vista but the last one was
dated April 2007 and the SP3 install did not say anything about NOT working
on Vista, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
Any ideas?

--
DJanson
0

installing outlook 2003
When installing office 2003 service pack (2) (sp2) , I get error message "The expect version of the product was not found on your system ...

embed swf in pptx pack for CD or Folder
I know you can´t embed swf into 2007, and need to treat them like movies (link) but when you "pack for CD og to Folder" the link /swf does not work on other computers I know I can use my 2003 version to solve the problem but isn´t there another solution? If you save in 97-2003 .ppt format from 07 the swf should embed? -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Nikolaj" wrote: > I know you can´t embed swf into 2007, and need to tre...

Great Plains 8 install
Is there any way to perform an unattended install of Great Plains 8? We were able to do it for GP 7.5 using some creative methods (didn't involve snapshots), but the same method won't work for GP 8.0 I think the closest you will get is a good template that you can kick off with a setup.exe. However, you will still need to create the ODBC connection and install any non-Dex products like FRx. "JCas" <JCas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2AF298-0D09-497B-A9C6-2D58F4A1FDAA@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to perform an unattended install of G...

Integration from Cdn Payroll to Bank Rec for Direct Deposits
Hi, Currently, if a payment is made through Canadian Payroll using cheques (or checks), the information is pushed to Bank Rec. If the payment is made using Direct Deposits, the info is not being sent through. Many customers would like to see this included in future versions. Thanks ...

Recipient Update Service Explanation Please
Hi Could someone explain or point me for explantation in using RUS in the following scenario. I have read the online help in ESM and also at Microsoft, but they are not very clear. We have 4 Exchange servers 2003 +SP1 in 3 remote sites, each having a DC + GC, and one windows 2000 AD Domain. Do I create only _one_ domain RUS on single Exchange server in SiteA, point to the Exchange server and DC in that site OR can I create a domain RUS on each Exchange Server and point it to the DC in that site where Exchange server is SiteB and SiteC.? I have had occassions when a new user is created...

Installing MS Excel feature...
Hi! Since a few days when I call Excel I must wait before I can start working as there appears a message box "Installing : MS Excel feature" which needs about 30 sec to complete this installation. I have no idea what happened. Probably on of my sons made some test with some plugin, but they don't confirm it. I don't see anything strange. All plugins are switched off. Where should I look at in order to eliminate this delay at start? Thanks for your help Horst Hi! Since a few days when I call Excel I must wait before I can start working as there appears a message box "...

Excell Value Pack
Every time I try to load the Excell Add-ins from the Value Pack Installer, I get an error message that says "access denied." Does anyone know what to do? Larry Simonsen ...

installing add-in analysis toolpak
I need to use the data analysis in Excel. I cannot install it, due to windows installer error 1635. I don't have the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\ DFAD2CEE8555CA04E8C905508C8F018E so it is not that. What else can it be ? Thanks. Janiv Ratson. hmm? from controlpanel add/remove programs select Microsoft Office click change add/remove features click next in office 2003 you need to check Advanced customization of application open the tree for Excel goto Addins select Analysis Toolpak select Run From My Computer click Update. -- keepITcool | www...

OFFICE 2007 installation with NO DISC
how can / where can i download officre onto my netbook using the product key of the version i boght have lost the disc How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246 Tim wrote: > how can / where can i download officre onto my netbook using the product key > of the version i boght have lost the disc "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E77A079B-06B5-44FF-BF1E-504BA831B8C5@microsoft.com... > how can / where can ...

Install Workflow Manager & Tools on remote workstation
I've been looking for a way to install the Workflow Manager and other CRM tools to a remote workstation (not CRM server). I want to allow make it so a CRM admin can work with the CRM system but not have access or have to terminal to the CRM server itself. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. Chard so far this cannot be done. Many have tried and failed (myself included), if you manage to get it working then let us all know! -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Chard" <msnews@anark.com> wrote in ...

2003 IMF got installed on Exchange 2000?
I'm looking at some memory dumps and it appears that SMTP is loading the msgfilter.dll from Exchange 2003 and causing the process to crash. The msgfilter.dll is part of the IMF so I am trying to understand how it got installed on this Exchange 2000 server. The dll is currently being loaded as an event sink so it was somehow registered into the metabase. Is it possible that Windows Update or something else installed the 2003 IMF on my Exchange 2000SP3 server? ...

Integrated RMS with Quickbooks
We are running Microsoft RMS and would like to start integrating it with Quickbooks. Before we get started, does someone know what to do about the following: - We are running RMS 1.3 and have Quickbooks Pro 2006 (US version). The user manual only specifies Quickbooks 2003. Will RMS integrate with a later version? - We only use RMS for POS functions for a retail store. The goal would be to have billing and inventory done in Quickbooks and not in RMS. If we use the Sales Total + Tax assignment for the GL (which I think is all we need), would this record individual products correctly, so ...

Letter Writing Assistant and Collections Management work together
Would like the Letter Writing Assistant feature to work directly with the Collections Management module as the Letter Writing Assistance provides letters through Microsoft Word which allows more features/capabilities than the text reports through Collections Management and Report Writer. We have been told that if you have the collection module installed, then letter writing will not work. Is this true? "Distribution support" wrote: > Would like the Letter Writing Assistant feature to work directly with the > Collections Management module as the Letter Writing Assistanc...

Report Manager access: localhost vs 127.0.0.1
Hi, What is the difference between accessing Report Manager via localhost and 127.0.0.1? a) http://localhost/Reports_MyInstance b) http://127.0.0.1/Reports_MyInstance I have installed SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services on Windows 7. After installation I tried to access Report Manager using the urls as specified by a and b. In case a, the Report Manager interface loaded showing a Contents and Properties tab. In case b, first a dialog box popped up asking for credentials. I entered the credentials for the current user that was logged on. Then the Report Manager lo...

CRM 1.2 Installation failed
Hi, I got an error message trying to install CRM 1.2 on a fresh installed Windows 2003 Server with SQL 2000. The error message is as followed: Error 1713. Microsoft CRM Server cannot install one of its requred products. Contact yur technical support group. What does the error message mean? Anyone there has encountered the same problem? The AD, SQL ,IIS are all in good working order. I could not think of anything that could cause the problem. I am using the Adventure Works Cyclte sample key. Thanks in advance. Alex > I got an error message trying to install CRM 1.2 on a > fresh ...

CRM 4.0 Installation error #3
Hi, i am trying to install Dynamics CRM4.0, but I get an error in the setup check. The error is: Service msftesql$CRM was not found on computer 'CRMSERVER'. The specified service does not exist as an installed service I checked in the help what can I do and it say that the possible reasons for this error are: 1. SQL Server FullText Search service is not running 2. You do not have sufficient rights I check the SQL Server FullText Search service and it is up and running. I am installing the CRM server as Administrator and I do not believe that i do not have rights or permissions....

Installation issue with v3.0 installer
Started the installer under the server logged in as a domain admin and could only get so far. So what i did was log on as the administrator and then ran the installation and got the error as below: "SHGETFolder Path failed failed. For additional details seed logfile C:\documents and settings\administrator.mainoffice\application data\microsoft\mscrm\logs\crm30svrsetup.log" 15:37:03| Error| SHGetFolderPath failed failed., Error, OK 15:37:03| Info| InputResult: OK 15:37:03| Info| === Setup bootstrap logging ended 16/01/2006 15:37:03 === 15:05:33| Info| === Setup bootstrap l...

Installation software
Does anyone have suggestions on Intallation software? Install Shield seems a bit pricy. I just need to install an application with a help file and a couple of activex components and a print driver onto a local machine. Thanks I have used Wise in the past with good success. I think now microsoft ships its own using MSI in latest versions of VS. I dont have the details though. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "mao" <NONOSPAM123@@datasouth.com> wrote in message news:#gKL16z5DHA.2380@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... | Does anyone have suggestions on Intallation software...

Trouble installing SP1
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to install the SP1 update, I get as far as the installer, and then when it comes to select my HD to install, it comes up with this message: You cannot install Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. Why is this? I did install Office onto my HD! I'm a new Mac user so bear with me if I'm making a terrible newbie mistake! "Jayby86@officeformac.com" wrote: > When I try to install the SP1 update...

Cannot install DPM 2010 Beta 3
I get many errors all relating to SQL. It is usually SQL login errors about not having permissions, but I haven't found the right permutation yet! It should be easier than this. The scenario is: 1 x Windows 2008 R2 (virtual) server with SQL2008 Std installed on it. Also installed Reporting Services and SQLPrepInstaller too. All SQL services are running. 1 x Windows 2008 R2 (virtual) server for DPM 2010. All residing in a Windows 2008 R2 level forest/domain. Everytime i try to install DPM2010 (to remote SQL server or the standard default local SQL install), it fails, e...

Microsoft Picture Manager 2003
When on final page selection before printing Photos, Is there any way to prevent the " Crop and rotate to fit " which is happening unnecessary, especially in 4 X 6'' album prints. Once you get the picture cropped and adjusted, It still crops the photo, no matter which way you rotate it. 27 - 4 - 10 -- Srus Picture Manager has nothing to do with printing Photos, that's handled by Windows Photo Printing Wizard. You can either configure and save the picture as a temporary picture before (ensuring you make it exactly the right size) or use a 3rd party pro...

Move data and configuration from one CRM installation to another
Hi! We have set up a testserver to make a pre-configuration and getting to know the procedures. The testteam are so happy with it so the continues to configure it with more real data. Is it possible to move this complete setup and configuration made on this server with CRM 3.0 and move it to another one running CRM 3.0 and delete the first instance on sever one? Or do we have to setup and type in all information again? Sincerely Not sure if you can do that but you can export all of the customizations and workflow and import them into the new build. "Ulf" wrote: > Hi! &...

Foreign Currency Exchange Rates Web service
Hi Guys, please does anyone know of any web service that is for currency exchange rates? On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:38:30 GMT, 'Layemi Oshodi wrote: > please does anyone know of any web service that is for currency exchange > rates? http://www.xe.com/ucc/ -- I'd hate to end the universe by mistake. On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:38:30 +0100, "'Layemi Oshodi" <yemmy@biosmart-ng.com> wrote: >please does anyone know of any web service that is for currency exchange >rates? Google's calculator calculates with almost every unit imagin...

Suggestion: Run HQ Server/Client apps as Windows Services
For the next version of RMS, allow the HQ Server and HQ Client apps to install and run as Windows Services. They would then run whether anyone was logged in to the computer or not, and could be auto restarted should they halt. thanks, randy ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Office 2003 with Business contact manager.
I am using Maximizer 7 and cannot import the data files into the Business contact manager component of Outlook. Any suggestions? Regards Carlos ...